The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"AI Love List Vol 4.1"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Das Mole 2366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-17-05, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Das%20Mole Click to send private message to Das%20Mole Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"AI Love List Vol 4.1"
Sorry if somebody else usually does the Love List in here? But...I'll just do it this week. If someone else does it, please say so. I don't want to be taking this from anyone, b/c I know I hate it when that happens to me.

Anyway, I have to say that I really didn't like anyone all too much the past two seasons, but I think this one definitely has a lot to offer...in some cases.

Here's my list, go ahead and do yours, too

(I do mine by likability, not by performance, but I'll put my performance ranks next to the normal rank)

Rank. (Performance Rank) Name

1. (1) Nadia Turner - OMG, I love her. She was awesome in week one of top 24, and she's awesome this first week of the top 12. She brought it, and she looked stunning as well. And I agree w/Simon's comment about her being a steak in a competition of hamburgers. An interesting analogy...but definitely true. I really hope she wins and isn't just gonna be another Tamyra/LaToya-type.
2. (9) Mikalah Gordon - She's a great girl, and nice too, got a lot of personality, but I don't think she's that great of a singer. I mean, she's better than the majority of people in America, that's why she's made it this far, but in comparison to the rest of the contestants, she hasn't been cutting it lately. Maybe she'll step it up soon and we'll see a lot more, and I hope that's the case.
3. (2) Bo Bice - I have to say, I didn't like him at first and couldn't believe he even made top 24, but when he sings, he's gooood. And *not having to do w/much* I liked how he straightened his hair last night instead of leaving it a lot more frazzly and whatnot.
4. (3) Vonzell Solomon - I love her as well. She's awesome. I didn't like her last week or the weeks before and thought she should go, but she's definitely stepped it up and sang great on Tuesday, and she looked good too. I hope she makes it really far as well.
5. (7) Carrie Underwood - Seems like a nice girl, has an awesome voice, but she at the same time, she's a little boring for me. It wasn't "on and poppin", and I think she can definitely do better than she did Tuesday, and I hope she does.
6. (11) Anthony Federov - Nice guy, a little dull, didn't perform too well...I'm kinda neutral on him. We'll see if he can do better in weeks to come.
7. (10) Anwar Robinson - He's just too blah in my opinion. Doesn't seem to have his own style, his own identity, he seems to me like just another hopeful that's gonna be forgotten after this thing's all over with.
8. (6) Jessica Sierra - My God, is she boring. I can't stand her. I wish it was her that had gone instead of Lindsey. She's a mediocre-ish singer.
9. (12) Nikko Smith - I say that the producers just should've let Mario go and then only had 11 this week and get rid of someone anyway. He isn't very talented, he's boring, and I don't really like him too much.
10. (5) Constantine Maroulis - Ugh, go home. At least Bo can sing, and is pleasant. You look like some kind of weird burnout-stoner dude that can't sing too well. I hope he leaves soon.
11. (4) Scott Savol - Had a great performance, but I can't stand him. I don't know how he made it this far, he should've been out week one of the top 24...who keeps voting for him, I have no idea.
X. (8) Lindsey Cardinale - Sorry you got eliminated If she was on this list for likability, she'd be in slot #7 and everyone below that would be down a notch. But sadly she was the first victim of America. She wasn't all too good anyway...a little dull when she sang, IMO.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: AI Love List Vol 4.1 Fishercat 03-17-05 1
 RE: AI Love List Vol 4.1 seahorse 03-18-05 2
 RE: AI Love List Vol 4.1 Roo 03-18-05 3
 RE: AI Love List Vol 4.1 uberspoon 03-19-05 4
 RE: AI Love List Vol 4.1 PhoenixMons 03-19-05 5
 RE: AI Love List Vol 4.1 iatovttotx78 03-19-05 6
 RE: AI Love List Vol 4.1 callalilly3000 03-20-05 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-17-05, 10:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: AI Love List Vol 4.1"
1. Bo Bice
-He has given a very strong performance every week. He's a polished overall performer who gives something exciting or fantastic every time he goes out there. He's the odds on favorite to win in my book and for good reason. I have some concerns on the theme weeks, but we'll see, he seems somewhat versatile.

2. Nadia Turner
-She has a convert here. She chooses original performances and she does it well. Her style (which I know nothing about) is pretty unique and she's one of the performers I look forward to every single week. She is the only hope for the women in this group now that Carrie is seemingly becoming boring to many.

(Note: There is quite a drop off here)

3. Anwar Robinson
-His voice just seems to be very smooth and he is a pleasure to listen to on a nightly basis. Anwar just bores me a bit, he is a performer that I can listen to and be happy with, but where's the personality?

4. Vonzell Soloman
-Unlike many people, I really like Vonzell. She's willing to be exciting, and while she does not have the best voice by any stretch of the imagination, she's a singer who I do not want to miss on a week to week basis.

5. Scott Savol
-I admit, I'm a fan of his. He could depend more on good song selection than anyone else in this competition, since he can sound unremarkable or impressive depending on his choice. His choice this week was very good, but who knows. I think he is one of the best vocalists in the competition, and since I don't put much weight on appearence, he doesn't drop much. It finally seems like he is willing to show some personality, which can help his case.

6. Constantine Maroulis
-He is really hit or miss. Some weeks, I find him a singer that I want to see. He can do really well if everything goes right, and I am sure I will see that a few more times, if only because some people are obsessed with him.

7. Jessica Sierra
-Her poor performance this week knocked her down a bit, and it kicks out any advantages she gained by her impressive Top 16 performance. I think she can be good if she takes risks, but she didn't do that, and it almost cost her.

8. Carrie Underwood
-Meh. I thought she had a great shot to win this entire competition, or be the best female on AI4. She has been boring in the last few weeks, her upbeat songs are not exactly that upbeat, and she could be a one trick pony. Simon says she knows who she is, and if that is who she is, I can't see her reaching the final few performers. I'm unimpressed, she's a good vocalist and nothing else at this point.

9. Nikko Smith
-I am glad he is back, but his performance was really lacking this week for me (although he did do a fun song). I think he could be good, but his market may be taken by some of the other guys. Too bad, he'd be really good in season like the last one lacking a lot of good guys, him and George could have made a run.

10. Mikalah Gordon
-I don't like her performances. I can almost never understand a word she is mumbling/singing/whatever. I do like her personality (if only because it is polar opposite of what I am), and I will have to deal with her anyway. She's a fun person and decent comic relief.

11. Anthony Federov
-One of the most unremarkable AI contestants ever. He has a nice voice, but there is no spart whatsoever. He's not Clay Aiken and he's not someone I want to watch much longer. I hope he'll be voted off sometime soon, just not a remarkable guy.

X. Lindsey Cardinale
-Interesting, I would have liked for her to have one more chance. I did like some of her performances and she had a fairly unique voice. She wouldn't have lasted long, even if she did make it. Not a big loss.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-18-05, 00:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: AI Love List Vol 4.1"
1.Bo
2.Anwar
3.Nadia
4.Anthony
5.Scott
6.Nikko
7.Constantine
8. Carrie
9.Jessica
10.Vonzell
11.Mikalah

Roo 705 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-18-05, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Roo Click to send private message to Roo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: AI Love List Vol 4.1"
1. Bo
2. Nadia
3. Anwar
4. Vonzell
5. Jessica
6. Carrie
7. Scott
8. Lindsey
9. Nikko
10. Anthony
11. Mikalah
12. Constantine

Handcrafted by RollDdice

uberspoon 173 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-19-05, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail uberspoon Click to send private message to uberspoon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: AI Love List Vol 4.1"
Sadly, I'm not passionately behind anyone this season. It's the first time ever that's been the case, but maybe it'll change soon.

LOVE!
1.Nadia - Arguably the best stage presence that has ever been on American Idol. I absolutely cannot take my eyes off her when she's performing. Simon made the statement that she's 'not the best singer in the competition', but i am ALMOST inclined to disagree. Even if she's not technically the best, she's still the most accessible. Too bad she wasn't on there last season, it would have been hers to lose.

2.Vonzell Solomon - Up until this week, I was pretty 'meh' about her. However, something about her performance of 'Anyone Who Had A Heart' gave me goosebumps. I voted for her like crazy this week...and if she keeps up what she did on 60's night, I will keep voting for her.

3.Bo Bice - This would be the second week in a row that I didn't really care for his song choice, but his talent is undeniable. I can't help but wonder, though if Bo will wind up booted somewhere around 4th place...as a result of a backlash against the judges' doting on him. (i hope not, though)

4. Constantine Maroulis - I dunno. I don't think he's a 'hottie' and I know he's not the best singer in the world, but I really like him. I just can't explain why.

5.Anwar Robinson - Personality wise, he's like the boy-Kelly with his aw shucks demeanor. I love that in a contestant. However, his performance this week was extremely weak (i'd have put him bottom 3) and he's also pretty boring to watch onstage. he needs to bounce back hard, or he won't make it to the final four finish that he's capable of.

They'll Do
6.Carrie Underwood - The judges go on and on about how they love her, but I don't think the viewers have had a chance to see her greatness yet (well, I didn't watch any of the audition or pre-24 rounds..so we haven't seen it during voting rounds). I do see flashes of how good she could be...but she's dangerously close to boring. I'll keep her here until she impresses me one way or another.

7.Mikalah Gordon - I don't know how I feel about her. I don't hate her the way most people on here do..and I don't think she's as terrible of a singer as most on here do either. here's the issue: Son Of A Preacher Man SHOULD have been the perfect song for her. It's fun, spunky, young, and tailored for a singer with a smoky voice...yet Mik couldn't pull it off. She's gonna finish in the bottom half of the top 12 (imo) and I can't say that she doesn't deserve to anymore. That said, I still think she's alright.

8.Anthony Federov - Woah now! He was nowhere NEAR as terrible as the judges made him out to be. I don't know wtf was up with all that. I don't dislike him, but I doubt I will ever vote for him. It's odd because I think he's cute and a decent singer...yet something about him gives me the wiggins. I think he will make it a loooooong way, though and annoy everyone by doing so (there's one every year, you know).

9.Jessica Sierra - She just does NOTHING for me. I have no idea why, but every season there's one whom I call my 'bathroom singer', the person who- when they perform, I go get food or whatever. She's it this season. Just as I think Anthony isn't as bad as the judges accuse him of being, I think Jess isn't as GOOD as the judges say.

I Hope You Go, and I Hope It's Soon
10.Nikko Smith - Here's the thing. Nikko just strikes me as artifical. Lots of contestants get criticized for 'not knowing who they are' well, I see this ten-fold in him. He seems like an entirely different person every week and not in a good way. For whatever reason, I can never remember his performance the day after he sang.

11.Scott Savol - In contention for my least favorite top 12'er of all time. There is just something about him that doesn't agree with me. He gives off this vibe that if you ever met him in a dark alley, he'd cut you. On the vocal side, he's not a bad singer...but he's nowhere near one of the best either. I'm hoping his lack of charisma will keep him from advancing too far, yet my least favorite every season tends to make it a long way...so we'll see if the trend continues with him.

Eulogy
Lindsay Cardinale - Okay, call me nuts if you like. I really think that she had one of the best raw voices of anyone in the top 12. Her timbre is gorgeous. I think she suffered from a lack of training, because it seemed like she had this beautiful instrument and had no idea what to do with it. I always thought 'I hope she'll get one more week to prove herself'..well she got three "one more weeks", but she never really came through. If she had the power of being able to select better songs, she could have easily been the one to beat this season. Because of her weak choices, though..as sad as it makes me, I can't defend her against being the first out..even though I really wish she hadn't been.

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

03-19-05, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: AI Love List Vol 4.1"
LAST EDITED ON 03-19-05 AT 01:09 PM (EST)

I'll do my overall favorites and then put my 'pure talent' rankings in parenthesis...

1. Nikko (3) - I loved Nikko the first time I heard him (week one of the semis) - his voice is fantastic and I love that he's able to mix it up each week. I don't see 'artificial' in him at all. I see a guy who is extremely versatile and who can sing just about anything and make it work. When you have a variety of musical 'likes', you have a tendency to bring all of that to the table. Now, R&B is my favorite genre (specifically the more smooth, soulful stuff - think D'Angelo, Anthony Hamilton, Donny Hathaway), but I am a fan of lots of different types of music - and I specifically love artists who are capable of bringing a variety of styles to their performances/music. I think I see that in Nikko and that's why I love him so much. I hope he sticks around for at least a few more weeks (hopefully longer)!

2. Bo (4) - He's a breath of fresh air for AI. Rock is one of my least favorite genres of music, but I appreciate talent when I see it. Bo has 'it'. He's my pick to win it all (even though Nikko is my favorite, he is less charismatic and 'fun' than Bo).

3. Nadia (5) - Okay, she's got the performance/personality/showmanship angle down. I think her voice is not as good as some of the others (the men in particular), but she's very fun and entertaining. From the four AI seasons thus far, only Fantasia tops her in terms of performance/stage presence. She gets bumped up a lot as a result of her presence.

4. Scott (2) - I absolutely LOVE Scott's voice. He would be simply amazing with some real training. He suffers performance wise for a number of reasons, but I can't help but like him. His 'look' isn't that of an American Idol (so we'e heard a thousand times over) and he's an R&B balladier...not exactly the kind of genre that lends itself to 'exciting' performances (basically, it's usually almost entirely about the voice). I just can't help but like Scott (it certainly helps that he's an underdog...gotta love an underdog).

5. Anwar (1) - if we're talking JUST pure vocal skill, he's the best, no question. He's technically almost perfect, but he's so incredibly bland and boring. His voice has nothing special to it (waves to Das Mole - I thought I was the only one!) at all, but there's no denying his technical skill. He knows how to use his instrument and for that I have to rank him this high. His voice may not be special, but he makes the best of what he does have and he deserves lots of credit for that.

6. Jessica (7) - I can't quite put my finger on what it is I like about her, but I really do like her. She's got great pipes on her.

7. Vonzell (8) - Loved her in the city auditions (she was my favorite gal up until Hollywood - my fave didn't make the second or third cut) but she hasn't shown that same sparkle since. I think she has a lot of potential but she's having trouble showcasing it. But I still really like her.

8. Carrie (6) - Great voice, pretty horrible performer. There's just nothing there when she's on stage.

9. Mikalah (10) - vocally, when she's actually singing correctly, she's not at all bad. She has a whole lot of potential with the right training. But she does some weird stuff with her voice too often for me to rank her any higher (though I'm certain that she'd be one of the best gals in the top 12 with a couple more years under her belt and a good voice instructor/coach.

10 (tie). Anthony (11) /Constantine (12) /Lindsey (9) - Thrilled to see uber-boring Lindsey go home. I never liked her. Her initial audition was so bizarre because they just gobbled her up and I thought she was mediocre at best (the quality of her voice is quite nice, but she has absolutely no clue what to do with it and ends up sounding bad, IMO, as a result). Anthony is so flat most of the time that my ears actually hurt (oh how I wish I was exaggerating) and his crazy diction drives me batty. Constantine just does not impress me at all. I liked him well enough in Hollywood (loved Bo of the three rockers then, too), but he just gets on my last nerve and I think he's vocally the weakest of the bunch.

Got blog?

iatovttotx78 2645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-19-05, 06:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iatovttotx78 Click to send private message to iatovttotx78 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: AI Love List Vol 4.1"
1) Nadia
2) Anwar

Big Gap

3) Carrie
4) Nikko
5) Bo
6) Jessica
7) Scott (but I have to close my eyes)
8) Vonzell
9) Constinine
10)Anthony

Big Gap

11) Fran Dressher (Mikalaha)- its like nails on a chalkboard

callalilly3000 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-20-05, 01:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail callalilly3000 Click to send private message to callalilly3000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: AI Love List Vol 4.1"
I'll give this a stab. Likability then ranking.

Bo1. (1) Bo has brought a different flair to this competition, unlike we have ever seen before in the history of AI. Everyweek he stays true to who he is. I for one am so happy that he is here, and I enjoy watching him perform week after week. He knows exactly what he is doing on stage, and that is apparent during his perfomance. I see him making it right to the top, and if he doesn't win it all, I can only hope that he acheives as much success as Clay did.

Anwar2. (3) Anwar has the best voice vocally this season. I have heard it, my DH has heard it (and that is really saying something, since he never gives an opionion), and I know others have heard it. Okay, so he had an off week last week, I contribute that to nerves. This guy is likable, he just needs to bring it up notch. Quit being so safe, and give us a true sence of who he really is. He could be the one to beat.

Nikko3. (8) Nikko is the underdog. He suffers from being sent home, only to be called back, and now he must prove to America that he deserves to be there. Has anyone really listened to him sing? I think he has got it! I guess I am not hearing what others are hearing, becasue I enjoy him vocally, and he seems to being having alot of fun. I hope that he can get past his past, and show everyone, that his molded from greatness.

Scott4. (6) Scott, get past his looks and you have the making of a true AI. This man has a wonderful gift in his voice, he can't help that he doesn't fit the mold of an AI. (the sunglasses have helped a little). Vocally, he is one of the better ones in my opionion. Like someone else made mention, he is one of the underdogs, and I can't help wanting the underdog to do well.

Mikalah5. (11) Okay, I have to admit, I can't get myself not to like her. I have tried, just for the sake of fitting in with the popular vote, but I still like her. I realize that she is lacking vocally, but I hear something in her, that over time (not enough time however for this season)she will improve to greatness. She is cute as can be, and yes, I am going to say it! I love her spunkiness, and her fun spirit. Paula was right to tell her to bring back her old self, and quit trying to be something that she wasn't.

Nadia 6. (2) Nadia, she is wonderful isn't she? She is poised under pressure, stylish, and gorgeous. Vocally, she is the best of the females, and will make it to the top. So, why do I have her at #6? All I can think of is... "been there, done that". I can say this, she is darn lucky that she made this season and not in seasons past, because she doesn't have any compitition in the ladies this season. She reminds me of so many other female contestants from past seasons, that she just doesn't stand out to me. I think of Tamara, Laytoya, Jennifer, when I think of Nadia.

It's getting late so I'll try to sum this up very quickly. Everyone else, is (in the words of Randy) Ok for me. I truly think that this is the best top twelve, in regards to talent. No one is really that awful, and since this is a LOVE list, I will stop at #6.

Slice and Dice Shop 2004

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •