The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"All fooling around aside, there is NO GGA....."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-13-01, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"All fooling around aside, there is NO GGA....."
I know I am the one that officialy introduced the GGA in the thread last night, but that was minutes after the TC ended and I was caught up in the excitement of the moment....after taking a quick review of things I think it is pretty obvious that the GGA does not exist, never did exist, and never will exist.

We all know the arguemnts against the GGA by now as I am clearly not the first poster to dispute the GGA's existence on the board today and last night, but a quick review anyway....

The main argument against is that K & T were merely doing what they have been doing all along...eliminating an allaince member once they have achieved a 2-person advantage over the Kucha...

They did it with Scerri and now they did it with Lamber (in both instances the NEXT Ogakor target was uninformed of the strategy in advance to prevent a sub-alliance uprising).

Instead of boring you with more redundant arguments against the GGA (they are already scattered throughout the board), let me introduce some new evidence.....

During the TC , there were some very interesting comments..

First we all heard Rodger's comments about Kucha being an extince tribe....although diplomatic and careful with his answers, Rodger has NOT shown the ability to blatantly lie yet, so my opinion is that he had no idea that K/T were gonna be getting rid of Lamber last night.

During his vote for Lamber, Keith said something like, "We gotta get rid of you because you are a tough competitor" NO reference whatsovever to voting strategy or alliances, simply getting rid of the strognest challenge threat left in the game (Colby had immunity and rememnber Lamber has done quite well in all the challenges, though never winning she has placed 2nd or third in just about every one)

I'm sure there is more evidence, but I'll leave that open to further posters since I am sure that several people will want to argue on both sides of this debate.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: All fooling around aside, there... desert_rhino 04-13-01 1
 RE: All fooling around aside, there... GG 04-13-01 2
   RE: All fooling around aside, there... Dalton 04-13-01 6
       Liz is needed into final three Play2Survive 04-13-01 8
           RE: Liz is needed into final three idiotcowboy 04-13-01 13
               RE: Liz is needed into final three Lurking 04-16-01 29
   quite simple, really.... shakes the clown 04-13-01 10
       RE: quite simple, really.... GG 04-13-01 12
           What about R/L/C votes? bebekid 04-13-01 15
               Colby won't vote for keith shakes the clown 04-13-01 16
                   RE: Colby won't vote for keith bebekid 04-13-01 17
 RE: All fooling around aside, there... volmel 04-13-01 3
   That's exactly what I mean, Volmel shakes the clown 04-13-01 11
 What Keith said...and others dangerkitty 04-13-01 4
   Batting Order? Krautboy 04-13-01 7
       If this is true ... bebekid 04-13-01 14
           RE: Truth is a tricky thing on S2..... Dalton 04-14-01 19
               RE: Truth is a tricky thing on S2..... GG 04-14-01 20
 RE: All fooling around aside, there... Krautboy 04-13-01 5
 Amber Interview Today - Alliance Ex... ElmersGlue 04-13-01 9
   The GGA Lancerdude74 04-14-01 18
       RE: The GGA Loree 04-14-01 21
 RE: All fooling around aside, there... volmel 04-14-01 22
   RE: All fooling around aside, there... Loree 04-14-01 23
   RE: The Tennessee/Texas Alliance...... Dalton 04-14-01 24
   RE: All fooling around aside, there... outtatheoutback 04-14-01 25
       RE: All fooling around aside, there... Dalton 04-14-01 26
       RE: All fooling around aside, there... volmel 04-15-01 27
           RE: All fooling around aside, there... Outfrontgirl 04-16-01 28
               RE: All fooling around aside, there... Dalton 04-16-01 30
                   RE: All fooling around aside, there... Outfrontgirl 04-16-01 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-13-01, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: All fooling around aside, there is NO GGA....."
Tina clearly wants to take Keith into the final 2 with her, and her votes are of pure convenience when apparently allied with KJ and LisLis.

KJ and LisLis could use this to their advantage, if they were smart. Grabbing Colby right now would be the single smartest thing they've done all game. It's time to USE the "Secret Weapon," and to Hell with Tina's insistence that only "Good Guys" make it into the final 4 or 3 or 2. Her definition of "Good" is so FLEXIBLE, after all...

-- JV

GG 142 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-13-01, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GG Click to send private message to GG Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: All fooling around aside, there is NO GGA....."
LAST EDITED ON 04-13-01 AT 04:50 PM (EST)

>First we all heard Rodger's comments
>about Kucha being an extince
>tribe....although diplomatic and careful with
>his answers, Rodger has NOT
>shown the ability to blatantly
>lie yet, so my opinion
>is that he had no
>idea that K/T were gonna
>be getting rid of Lamber
>last night.

If that's true, then by extension, Liz wouldn't have known either. One assumes that if she was aware of how K/T were going to vote, she would have informed Rodger about it as well.

>During his vote for Lamber, Keith
>said something like, "We gotta
>get rid of you because
>you are a tough competitor"
> NO reference whatsovever
>to voting strategy or alliances,
>simply getting rid of the
>strognest challenge threat left in
>the game (Colby had immunity
>and rememnber Lamber has done
>quite well in all the
>challenges, though never winning she
>has placed 2nd or third
>in just about every one)

Wouldn't Lis be viewed as a 'tough competitor' as well? Shakes, you are right though that Amber has come closer to winning IC/RCs, certainly more so than Lis. But Lis did finish second to Colby in the last IC. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that Keith and Tina don't view Lis as harmless. Her determination has come across quite noticeably in recent episodes. And allowing for the fact she and Rodger vote as one, why wouldn't they look to break that up before 'lone sheep Amber' if no GGA exists?

Presumably Colby is the next to go based on your reasoning of the 'strongest challenge threat left'? Unless he wins IC again that is, leaving Lis as next in the pecking order. It would also mean that Lis would have to win at least one of the next two ICs to progress into a final three and beyond. Am I reading you right?

Edited to add: Shakes, your PTTE has Rodger down as the next bootee. How do you reconcile this with Keith/Tina voting off the stongest threat remaining with Lis still involved?

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-13-01, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: All fooling around aside, there is NO GGA....."
Egads the ole Rednose Clown has come up with yet
another weird way to lead us down the road to H***!!!

WTG....Shakes. I think I even posted in your GGA
thread after the show...heat of the moment and all.
~~~~~~~~~~

GG,

I predicted Colby would push flatout to win 3 IC's
in a row...so far he is at---2 out of 3. Put Colby
with Immunity next week and ya can bet your last bottom
dollar that T/K are going to vote off a KUCHA!!!!

I agree that Tina especially is NOT going to give
Rodger/Lis any hint about voting strategy......
why the heck should they...
let'em sweat!!!

Lis may well win the RC in E-12 and be a "happy loser"....
but Colby has been wanting to vote Lis off since the
week they booted Jerri.

IMO, NOBODY (C/K/T/R) wants to be Final Two against LisLis with
the make-up of that Jury.

Dalton

Play2Survive 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-13-01, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Play2Survive Click to send private message to Play2Survive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Liz is needed into final three"
Yes, no one wants to be against Liz in a final 2, but she is VERY convenient to have in a final 3. Here's why:

If I'm Tina, and I know I want to face Keith in a Final 2, I need to have Liz to be assured a 2/3rd chance of making that final cut.

Assuming those three are in the final 3:

Tina wins IC - Liz goes
Keith wins IC - Liz goes
Liz wins IC - Tina goes

But if someone like Colby (or Amber) was in the spot the odds would be worse:

Tina wins IC - Colby goes
Keith wins IC - tough call but Tina probably goes
Colby wins IC - Tina goes

For this reason it is advantageous (for someone in Tina's shoes) to have the most likeable person still in the game during the Final Three.

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-13-01, 07:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Liz is needed into final three"
If Keith and Colby are hating each other... I'm not sure they wouldn't vote against each other if they won... gauranteeing her a sure fire final 2 matchup... al la Rich... I can see it now, two minutes into the final (endurance) IC... "you guys fight it out and when you're done I'll be waiting... don't make me put you into time-out okay... buuuddy".

-ICB

Lurking 156 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-01, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lurking Click to send private message to Lurking Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Liz is needed into final three"
That sounds like a plan, but maybe not as certain as having a non-threatening Kucha in the last three.

04-13-01, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "quite simple, really...."
>Edited to add: Shakes, your PTTE
>has Rodger down as the
>next bootee. How do you
>reconcile this with Keith/Tina voting
>off the stongest threat remaining
>with Lis still involved?

.....at that point of my PTTE, I decided to go with the Lislis final four Boston Herald spoiler with a dash of the "lis kicks butt" spoiler and deduct that she MUST win immunity next ep., much in the same way I and some others knew that, based on spoilers we had a few weeks ago, Nick was definitely going to win immunity in Ep.9.

04-13-01, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GG Click to send private message to GG Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: quite simple, really...."
>.....at that point of my PTTE,
>I decided to go with
>the Lislis final four Boston
>Herald spoiler with a dash
>of the "lis kicks butt"
>spoiler and deduct that she
>MUST win immunity next ep.,
>much in the same way
>I and some others knew
>that, based on spoilers we
>had a few weeks ago,
>Nick was definitely going to
>win immunity in Ep.9.

Yeah, I get it now. Chalk it down to my addled brain wondering off in too many directions. Following your train of thought:

1) K/T vote for Rodger on the assumption Liz wins the next IC. Otherwise, she goes.

2) K/T then take out Colby leaving them and the remaining Kucha.

3) Tina is in the final so long as the last Kucha doesn't win the last IC. If not, then you'd get good odds that the Kucha becomes the millionaire. Or as P2S argues, Tina emerges triumphant by beating Keith in the jury vote.

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-13-01, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "What about R/L/C votes?"
You say K/T vote off Rodger if Lis wins immunity. But who do C/R/L vote for? What would happen if this is the case? K/T vote Rodger, R/L vote Colby, and Colby votes Keith? We go to a tie-break between R & C? I guess Rodger WOULD lose that (unless T or K changes)! Maybe I'm naive, but I think L/R will hold off on voting for T/K until they absolutely have to. I think they are grateful to T/K for bringing them to the final 5.

I agree that T/K/C don't want to go up against L/R in the final. In my PTTE, I have T/R/L as the final 3 (wishful thinking, but somewhat based on spoilers). Can you imagine being Tina and winning the final immunity? How do you choose between Lis and Rodger? Like choosing between The Pope and Billy Graham!

Anyway, I understand the argument for Keith to keep Colby around for a possible tie-break in the final 4. But Keith has shown us that strategy can take a back seat to emotion. Keith has an option in the final 4: he can win immunity. And if The Colbster is gone, his chances improve greatly. If Keith fails to win immunity, he has no one to blame but himself!

Bottom line: Colby gets booted in a landslide next time he fails to win immunity (how can K/T get to the final 2 if C sweeps ICs?) and Keith is booted the first TC (after Colby boot) that he fails to win immunity. If Colby wins this next immunity, I think Keith is in danger! Just my (possibly naive) opinion!

04-13-01, 08:59 PM (EST)
16. "Colby won't vote for keith"
>You say K/T vote off Rodger
>if Lis wins immunity.
>But who do C/R/L vote
>for? What would happen if
>this is the case?
>K/T vote Rodger, R/L vote
>Colby, and Colby votes Keith?
> We go to a
>tie-break between R & C?
> I guess Rodger WOULD
>lose that (unless T or
>K changes)!

...I think you just answered your own question. No way Keith or Tina changes their vote cause they can't win in a GGA final four unless KKK gets immunity.

Also, the colbster knows he is a target of R/L so why would he vote a different way than K/T?? That would be suicide. Teh colbster will be back in line in the next ep and a Kucha is gone.

>Bottom line: Colby gets booted in
>a landslide next time he
>fails to win immunity

....not at all. Didn't you see all the previews??? Colby is definitely getting voted out next week.....so you know what that really means....another boring episdoe of the oga-three tossing off the most convienent Kucha.

...just because a guy gets upset about rice, doesn't mean he doens't want a chance at a million dollars....

04-13-01, 11:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Colby won't vote for keith"
OK Shakes, if Colby fails to win immunity, and a Kucha is voted out, I will believe that C/K/T is stronger than ever. But I have my doubts. I am working on a speculation about Tina that I will post on another board that might spell the end for Colby and Keith!

volmel 362 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-13-01, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volmel Click to send private message to volmel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: All fooling around aside, there is NO GGA....."
<"The main argument against is that K & T were merely doing what they have been doing all along...eliminating an allaince member once they have achieved a 2-person advantage over the Kucha...">

So do you think this means they will vote off another Kucha next week before booting off Colby?

Come on Tina, do Tennessee proud

04-13-01, 06:08 PM (EST)
11. "That's exactly what I mean, Volmel"
>
>So do you think this means
>they will vote off another
>Kucha next week before booting
>off Colby?

..yep, 100%

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-13-01, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "What Keith said...and others"
LAST EDITED ON 04-13-01 AT 04:56 PM (EST)

I actually have this ep on tape:

Keith said:

"You're a really tough competitor, and at this stage of the game,
it's, you're too hard to beat."

Also:

Liz sounded like she knew that Amber was going: ..."toughest vote yet. It has to be done, it's nothing personal."

Rodger: "You're a really sweet girl. This was a tough decision for me to make."

For ME to make. Maybe he DIDN'T know. And, who else would he vote for?

Colby sounded a little grim, considering his more flip remarks in the booth. And I also wondered why "the batting order" changed from Liz to Rodger. Seems like Liz is more of a threat in the challenges, and Rodger would be more useful to keep around to help with camp maintenance.

This whole voting part was a little weird this time. Also, right after Liz voted, there was a shot of the 3 jurors whispering together.

I sure do wonder how all these voting choices came about...

dangerkitty

w.l.s.f.c.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-13-01, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Batting Order?"
I think Tina suggested changing the "batting order". She wanted to be the only one without any "previous votes" and probably disguised the suggestion as a way of not having Amber or Colby suspect anything.

04-13-01, 08:12 PM (EST)
14. "If this is true ..."
then it is a brilliant move on Tina's part. I think she deserves to win, and I think she definitely makes the final 2.

04-14-01, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Truth is a tricky thing on S2......"
I completely agree with Shakes and Volmel that in
E-12 C/T/K (Ogakor) will revert to their original plan...
which did become a bit confusing when they had to
pacisfy (sp?) the enemy team by voting off 2 of
their own.....which is voting off ALL Kucha.

Tribal Loyality Theory....suggests C/T/K
vote off every single member of Kucha that was
left at the merger...plus Scarri and her lil Lamb...

Then the Kucha Jury Members will have to suck it
up and admit they were outplayed...get over it
and VOTE!!

Scarri knows everybody in the game wanted her out
and Lamber still has no idea who voted against her
except Lis and Rodger, no big wow there.

It doesn't matter if Rodger or Lis wins IC---the other
gets booted!

Down the road, in the last IC between Tina/Colby/Keith...
I would
love to see Tina excuse herself politely and let
"the boys fight for it". Colby would win, natch.

Tina will go to Final 2 with Keith or with Colby
but WHY on God's green earth would any of those
three people want to end up in a Final 2 against
a Kucha????

Just thinking along.

Dalton

04-14-01, 03:15 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Truth is a tricky thing on S2......"
>It doesn't matter if Rodger or
>Lis wins IC---the other
>gets booted!

That would be true for the next episode.

>but WHY on God's green earth
>would any of those
>three people want to end up
>in a Final 2 against
>a Kucha????

Absolutely. But our sole Kucha might find hitherto undiscovered inner strength and, by golly, win an IC in the final four. And then enjoy the experience so much that s/he repeats the feat again. Then 'those three' would be three no more!! Immunity has a habit of fouling up the best laid plans....

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-13-01, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: All fooling around aside, there is NO GGA....."
Agreed. Rodger and Liz had no idea Amber was gone. As you pointed out, Rodger thought he was "extinct". Elisabeth said she was playing "minute by minute", meaning she thought she could be gone any minute at TC.

The GGA only exists when Tina wants it to. She uses it to be associated with real good guys, and to justify her betrayals. Pure marketing, nothing more.

The preview refering to the "animosity" leading members to believe it could benefit them at TC also suggests that those members of the tribe(Rodger and LIz) still believe that they need something to help them at TC. If there were a "GGA" Colby would be the automatic target and the others wouldn't need to worry.

But if Colby wins immunity again, it's 2-2 with Colby controling the swing vote...goodbye Keith.

ElmersGlue 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-13-01, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ElmersGlue Click to send private message to ElmersGlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Amber Interview Today - Alliance Exists??"
http://www.newspath.cbs.com/cgi-bin/getstory.cgi?../html/getstory.html|AWI20010413006544|Query%20Results

Ms. Lady without the vowels called it an alliance in an interview today....

TRACK: BUT HER LOW- KEY STRATEGY FINALLY WAS UNCOVERED..AND ALTHOUGH SHE LASTED LONGER THAN MOST.. AMBER ADMITS HER FOCUS SHOULD HAVE CHANGED LATER ON IN THE GAME.

AMBER SAYS OC: I TRUSTED THE PEOPLE FROM MY ORIGINAL TRIBE TOO MUCH AND HERE THEY HAD FORMED AN ALLIANCE WITH TWO MEMBERS OF THE OPPOSITE TRIBE

ONCE YOU GET TO THE MERGE YOU DO HAVE TO BE MORE DEVIOUS AND SCOUT OUT THINGS

Now - somehow I think that MB is just holding his breath as this girl goes out to face the interviews. I don't think he'd DREAM of having her attempt a lie.

Jerri - "Ding Dong The Witch is Dead"
Amber - "If I Only Had a Brain"
strange how that Oz connection continues.....

Lancerdude74 165 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-01, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lancerdude74 Click to send private message to Lancerdude74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "The GGA"
It seems to me that K/T are telling one side (Kucha) they are voting for someone and telling the other Ogakors someone else, pretty much assuming they can take whoever they want to the final four. They have been getting away with it pretty well, but I don't think Amber was independent enough to fight back against it and this got her voted out.

I think that Colby, knowing that his head is on the chopping block, and given his dislike for Keith, might be more persistent in getting R/E to vote with him to get rid of Keith. This would pretty much mean that it's everyone for themselves after, but it's probably Colby's best chance of lasting a bit longer, plus his biggest IC threat would be gone. Just a thought....

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-01, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: The GGA"
I don't think Colby needs to get rid of Keith this time. Colby does have the most votes against him. He needs to get another vote or two against Keith. If Colby could get the Kuchas to vote against Keith this time it would really help Colby. Then Keith would lose a tie with Colby next week when there are 4 players left. Of course this all depends on who wins immunity this week and next. But we do see Liz being friendly with Colby at times. Colby has to be really thinking he is the odd man out at this moment. What will Colby's strategy be? I think a Kucha goes this week. But if Colby wins immunity this week it sure would help him to direct Kuchas votes to Keith. I think Colby will vote with T/K against a Kucha. But it is where the Kuchas aim their votes that is important to Colby.

04-14-01, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volmel Click to send private message to volmel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: All fooling around aside, there is NO GGA....."
I still have my theory that Tina and Colby have more of an alliance than Tina and Keith. I keep going back to the fact that when she stepped off the pole and Keith gushed over her at TC and declared his loyalty, she looked uncomfortable. I'm wondering if Tina, Colby and maybe Keith decided that Colby should vote for Rodger to give him a vote, along with Amber's vote. They didn't vote for Liz again, but stuck Rodger with two votes. I've felt all along that Tina and Colby are the ones that are aligned and just because Colby voted differently doesn't change my opinion. In the last episode Tina kept assuring Colby that it was all right that he had been gone to RC and won several of them. Not a lot to base my opinion on, just a gut feeling that she wants it to be she and Colby in final 2.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-01, 07:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: All fooling around aside, there is NO GGA....."
I think Colby was as surprised this week at the vote as Amber was when Jerri got voted out. I don't think Tina/Keith thought they could trust Colby to tell him. They knew he was close with Amber. They were scared Colby and Amber would defect to the Kuchas if they knew in advance what was happening.

Tina is still friendly with Keith and Rodger since the game has ended. Tina and Rodger were both in invited to Keith's cooking thing. We haven't heard anything of Tina and Colby. In fact Colby has been hanging with Nick and Mitchell. Yes I realize there is the age thing. But if Tina was working behind Keith's back I do not think their friendship would have lasted.

04-14-01, 08:14 PM (EST)
24. "RE: The Tennessee/Texas Alliance......"
Volmel...yes it seems fairly clear to me also
that Tina & Colby have a secure "winners" bond
that does not include Keith; and never included
Jerri and Amber. As you stated:

>I still have my theory that
>Tina and Colby have more
>of an alliance than Tina
>and Keith.

The one pole-standing IC...Colby dropped
out early showing Jeff/Nick/Rodger his confidence
that EITHER Tina OR Keith would win. Tina gave
Kool Kook Keith the chance then to show strength
and win but he didn't (ie: Keith: "Tina please I
really NEED this one"). Now she has Keith in her
hip pocket but is HE the one bringing home the IC
necklace???? NO, that's Colby!! Tina won't vote
against Colby and vise versa down to the last 2.

>I've felt all along that
>Tina and Colby are the
>ones that are aligned and
>just because Colby voted differently
>doesn't change my opinion.

Agreed, if T/K "backstabbed" Colby somehow in
the ousture of Lamber (which is silly) why
wouldn't his reaction be: "Well Howdy, Lis and Rodger,
all you'll nice, sweet, good people!! The Colbster is
on YOUR side now...yes sir!!!

Wouldn't K/T have at least been afraid that
"leaving Colby in the dark about Amber"
would be viewed by R/Lis as double-crossing????
And, therefore, Tina & Keith were "bad...not nice people"...
OMG!!!

>In the last episode Tina
>kept assuring Colby that it
>was all right that he
>had been gone to RC
>and won several of them.

Everyone who doubts the depth of real feelings Tina
and Colby have for each other should replay E-11 when
Colby returned from reward to the washed out camp.
The long hug of mutual comfort and whispered words
between them.....said volumes.

Just to add two statement of fact re: charity events
attended by S2 cast...Keith, Mitchell, Tina and Mike
are located approx. closeness to these "events". Colby
is a good four hours away BY AIR...if MB were paying
all expenses then perhaps his absence would be relevant
but MB isn't so it's not. Colby did get his
little S2 contestants weekend in Vegas...the fact that
Nick/Mitchell was also there means squat.

Dalton
The Tennessee/Texas Alliance
(which may only be good for the next 5 days...lol...but
may be the Final Two...and I don't care which one wins.)

outtatheoutback 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-14-01, 09:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail outtatheoutback Click to send private message to outtatheoutback Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: All fooling around aside, there is NO GGA....."
I have a suspicion that you're correct, vol. It was interesting to me that we were allowed to see both Keith's TC vote and hear his comments, but we heard nothing about Tina's reasoning. And why Rodger by Colby and Amber after last week's Liz votes? Curious.

I believe Keith was sincere in his post vote comments. Amber did literally haul his sorry butt through the obstacle course and she went further than any of the other females in the log balancing competition.

I find it hard to believe that Tina (the triathlete) has not been able to win (or place or show in) some of these physical challenges. Perhaps that's HER way of "flying under the radar."

Keith has, thus far, demonstrated to me a lack of physical acumen (LAST in the rope maze?) as well as questionable judgement (trying to cross a raging stream on a log, rather than looking for a safer alternative). His best bet is that he's somebody's safest choice to beat in the F2, probably Tina's.

If Colby's not right about anything else, he's right about Keith looking like a Bozo!

04-14-01, 10:09 PM (EST)
26. "RE: All fooling around aside, there is NO GGA....."
Congrats OutattheOutback....that was a very
good 1st post on this board; far superior to
many, many, many others.

You are invited to check out the Bashers and
OT boards here at SB.com....Spoilers isn't the
be-all-end-all; thank you God and Webby!!

Dalton
Co-Founder,
Tennessee/Texas Alliance Theory

04-15-01, 00:01 AM (EST)
27. "RE: All fooling around aside, there is NO GGA....."
"And why Rodger by Colby and Amber after last week's Liz votes? Curious."

I find this very revealing. The logical thought would have been to vote for Liz again. UNLESS, you needed to have some votes against Rodger. Which leads me to believe that Tina told Colby to give a vote to Rodger and to tell Amber to vote for Rodger instead of Liz like she had done originally. This could explain Amber's remark on the Early Morning show that she felt Tina was ruthless (papaphrasing). She might have been led to believe by Tina (through Colby cause they probably would have sent him to talk to Amber) that Rodger was going to be the Kucha voted off this week. I believe Colby knew all along the voting plan. (I may be proven wrong on Thursday) hahahaha.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-01, 05:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: All fooling around aside, there is NO GGA....."
I've been out of town and off line for a week so I'm just absorbing all these posts at once. I've also probably missed a lot; apologies for any redundancies.

The following are some lines of evidence that I didn't read above.

1) Elisabeth's comments to the camera provide the most striking evidence for me that the GGA does not exist (up to this episode)--not in the sense that there's a Final Four Alliance. She said that T/K/C were "One"; in same interview she said that sooner or later the people in control would push the eject button for her (or Rodger). That showed me she felt completely vulnerable. She, Lis, is not in control, but just trying to survive each TC.

She Lis, knows that her alliance with Rodger makes a voting bloc of 2 that the powers-that-be have used and may use again. Every time she and R vote as T/K/(C) dictate, they save themselves for one more round. There's a big difference between that and a GGA. I totally agree that T/K don't want both Kuchas in the Final 4.

2) Rodger's comment about Kucha's impending extinction does not mean he expected it to happen in the next 2 TCs. He said "eventually." In any case, Rodger was demonstrating humility, a great quality to demonstrate at TC. What is he going to say, that he feels "cocky," that a Kucha comeback is on its way? Not if he has a prayer that it might. Both Lis and Rodger are surviving on sufferance and they keep telling the Ogie 3: Yes, masters, you have the power over us. It's worked so far, and when that fails, each hopes to win immunity.

3) Colby probably thought he, Keith and Tina (and Amber) were agreed on what he called the batting order. Correct me if I am wrong, but the voter's comments are not heard by either jury or other contestants until the show airs, and even then they may be edited out, so there is no strategic reason (in the sense of affecting the outcome of the game) for Colby to lie to the camera.

If Colby was just laying the groundwork for Rodger to have votes against him, he could have safely said so (although Burnett probably wouldn't have shown it because revealing a strategy yet to unfurl). I agree with the idea that Tina (and maybe Keith) wanted Rodger to gather some votes, and we might want to consider why they didn't follow the alternative route of giving Lis a total of 4. Perhaps they wanted the 2 Kuchas to feel equally preserved and vulnerable at the same time.

4) Since Colby and Amber both switched from Lis to Rodger, there must have been an Ogie discussion. These guys have to touch base before TC to confirm that they're all on the same page (subject of course to backstabbing), and have said as much. Amber said she had thought she would go the week after, but believed Rodger was out of there. Colby's smart enough not to rely on Amber for the word on whom T/K and he were targeting.
I do think they lied to him, which would have to alienate him, but I don't think Colby wants to defect and try to ally with L/R, as they have no bond.

5) Amber said on the Early Show that Colby would definitely have been out of there had he not won immunity--that he knew he had to win. She said that as if the combo of his being an IC threat and the RC envy was more powerful than any alliance he had going. Amber's not the brightest IMHO, but she said it as if that were a given. I'm not clear whether she meant up to the episode where she was booted or beyond, but it goes to one of the variables in this game--which is that players will vote irrationally (or not the most wisely anyway) at crucial times.
T/K should want Colby in the Final 4, but they might feel that any opportunity to get him out of there should be seized because they might not get another chance.

6) I cannot believe that T/K would have voted Amber, with no support from Colby, without absolute confirmation of the necessary 3rd vote from L/R. There could have been a 2-2-2 tie if L/R had gone for Keith, and K would have been gone. That would be simply foolhardy--to take a chance on having the boot go awry? Tina has never yet been part of a failed ouster.
I therefore think that Tina gave L/R (doesn't matter which) the word that the powers-in-control were sacrificing their own lamb if L/R would vote along--the alternative being L or R being voted off. That's not a real alliance; it's an offer they couldn't refuse.

7) Amber may have perceived them to have an alliance and she certainly felt the thrust of 4 votes, but she may have understood it differently. Amber gave her promise to vote along with her allies early in the game, like Jerri, and kept it. She clearly didn't get BT's concept of "flexible" alliances; she assumed if K/T/R/L voted as one, that they had a new alliance.

8) I'm still torn about next week. On one hand I think and hear people argue convincingly that whichever K doesn't win immunity goes, but then if Colby doesn't win IC, he's a target. Third possibility, none of these three win IC, and they're all up for grabs. If immunity doesn't even factor into the decision, then what? Chaos?

04-16-01, 12:39 PM (EST)
30. "RE: All fooling around aside, there is NO GGA....."
O_F_G....

just my reading between the crooked MB lines....

C/T/K talked and agreed....Lamber has L/R votes
so T/K will vote Lamber; BUT Colby will TELL
Amber "we're voting Rodger"...hence Rog gets 2 votes.

There is as of E-11 NO SUCH THING AS THE GGA ALLIANCE----
Liz/Rodger/Tina/Keith!!!! Fig leaf of imagination=GGA!!

Plus Lamber, in interviews sounds like a not so bright
person who can't quite "remember her lines". My impression
of her..Amber..talking about resentment/envy of Colby winning
RC and IC...reflected ONLY HOW SHE & LIS FELT!!! A/Lis were starving, fighting floods and the cold while the Colbster was off eating and enjoying himself.

I think Colby and Tina are honest enough with each other
for Colby to tell her...and thus passed to Keith...that
Colby will win all the IC's he can and as long as a Kucha
remains...he (Colby) will never vote against Tina...and thus
Keith. There is always the possibility that Tina could turn
on Colby...but sigh...if he's wearing that durned IC necklace
well...a girl's got to love that. LOL.

Dalton
PS. Please visit the SB.com Basher Board...where the real
theories flow like wine...

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-01, 06:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: All fooling around aside, there is NO GGA....."
Thank you Dalton, for the feedback and the invite to the Basher board. I'll try lurking over there as well!

Except for two quibbles, what you say makes much sense to me.

1) I'm still wondering why Colby would say what he did at the voting confessional if he did not think he was voting off Rodger.

2) Also, I still can't see Keith and Tina counting on Lis and Rodger to vote for Amber without a conversation, nor that they would follow the Kucha lead. Don't you think the Kucha votes were trying to accommodate the Ogie agenda (to save themselves) rather than vice versa?

It will indeed be interesting to see who Tina backstabs first--Keith or Colby.

OK, I admit I loathe the woman in spite of her clever playing.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •