The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Summaries for this week?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

ELCinOhio 215 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-02-02, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ELCinOhio Click to send private message to ELCinOhio Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Summaries for this week?"
I am scheduled to do the summary for episode 9, but with this being a double am I supposed to just do the first half? or the whole thing? Someone please let me know. Also, who is doing episode 10? maybe we can come to an agreement on how to post, or even write a combined one. let me know

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Summaries for this week? cmaybur 12-02-02 1
   RE: Summaries for this week? ELCinOhio 12-02-02 2
       RE: Summaries for this week? SherpaDave 12-02-02 3
           RE: Summaries for this week? cmaybur 12-02-02 4
 RE: Summaries for this week? SherpaDave 12-02-02 5
   RE: Summaries for this week? cmaybur 12-02-02 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cmaybur 259 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-02, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cmaybur Click to send private message to cmaybur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Summaries for this week?"
Remember that this "2-hour presentation" is really nothing more than two separate episodes aired back-to-back. So whoever is to write the episode 9 review should review the first hour (9:00-10:00) and whoever is to write the episode 10 review should review the second hour (10:00-11:00).

Chris

"Ten countries, four continents, forty-six thousand miles... Derek and Drew, you are the winners of The Amazing Race."

ELCinOhio 215 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-02, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ELCinOhio Click to send private message to ELCinOhio Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Summaries for this week?"
Could one of the board moderators confirm this?

SherpaDave 8326 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-02-02, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Summaries for this week?"
Assuming that they are, in fact, two seperate episodes aired back-to-back, that would be my preference. If they are distinct episodes, I'd like them written as such. If, however, the two hours appear to be one episode, that may be more difficult. I'm trying to find out for certain which is the case.

Criminals From the Neck Up

12-02-02, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cmaybur Click to send private message to cmaybur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Summaries for this week?"
This will be just like last year's 2-hour "Special Presentation" in Australia. It was clearly obvious that two separate episodes were spliced together at the last minute. Each one will feature the same canned explanations ("a detour is a choice between two tasks", "there is only fast forward on each leg of the race", etc.) and each one will end at a pitstop. The first hour will end on the Swiss yacht (spoilers courtesy of the photos on CBS website) and the second hour will end in Singapore.

Frankly, CBS should have spliced together episodes 8 and 9 since both legs were contained in Switzerland. This one seems more convoluted.

Chris

"Ten countries, four continents, forty-six thousand miles... Derek and Drew, you are the winners of The Amazing Race."

SherpaDave 8326 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-02-02, 09:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Summaries for this week?"
Okay, I talked to Femme (who is on tap for ep10) and she's ready to go. So just tackle it as much like normal as possible. ELC, you've got the first hour and Femme's got the second. If either bleeds over a little bit into the other, I'm not going to worry too much about it, but hopefully there'll be a pretty clear delineation between the two episodes.

And, for the record, I believe this is supposed to happen one more time this season. I'll touch base with the writers affected to make sure they know about it and we'll handle it the same way, then.

Thanks!

Criminals From the Neck Up

12-02-02, 10:16 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Summaries for this week?"
I believe this is supposed to happen one more time this season.

The finale, just like last season, will be episodes 12 and 13 spliced together.

Chris

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •