The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"DUMBEST.SHOW.EVER on its way"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-30-02, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"DUMBEST.SHOW.EVER on its way"
Anna Nicole Smith will be featured in a 6-part reality show. For those of you blessed enough to not know her, she is an archetypal body-altered bimbo (the polite term is "model/actress", although she has done precious little of either outside of a bedroom) who was lucky/conniving enough to marry a doddering near-nonagenarian Texas oilman and take him for a lot of money in the year before he died -- $88 million, to be precise (plus interest, although the case is on appeal).

Anna Nicole Smith Gets Own Reality Show
Wed, May 29, 2002 04:35 PM PDT

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - This is what "The Osbournes" has wrought: Coming to E! this summer, "The Anna Nicole Smith Show."

The celebrity-obsessed cable network will chronicle the day-to-day life of the famously un-camera-shy model/actress in a reality series scheduled to debut in August. Smith's teenage son, Daniel, lawyer Howard K. Stern (no, not that one) and assistant Kim will also be regular characters.

"From Marlo Thomas in 'That Girl' in the '60s to Mary Tyler Moore in the '70s, Anna Nicole is the real life version of these classic female TV characters struggling to find their way in the big city," says Mindy Herman, president and CEO of E! Networks. "Unlike Mary Tyler Moore, however, Anna Nicole will throw caution and not her hat to the wind, and have a lot more fun along the way."

The idea for a series about Smith, a former exotic dancer, Guess? jeans model and Playboy centerfold, came after E! aired a "True Hollywood Story" installment about her. The documentary chronicled her career and marriage to J. Howard Marshall, a multimillionaire Texas oil man who was 89 at the time of their 1994 wedding. Smith was 26.

Marshall died in 1995. Smith has since been in a long-running legal dispute with Marshall's son, E. Pierce Marshall, over whether her husband intended to leave her part of his estate. Smith was at first awarded more than $400 million, a decision that was later reversed. In March, a federal judge ruled she was entitled to $88 million.

The series began production two weeks ago, with plans for an initial run of six episodes. Smith's take on the affair is this: "People won't be able to stop watching once they tune in. My life is a roller coaster, so hold on and enjoy the ride."

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: DUMBEST.SHOW.EVER on its way JeffGator 05-30-02 1
 RE: DUMBEST.SHOW.EVER on its way Survivorerist 05-30-02 2
 RE: DUMBEST.SHOW.EVER on its way LadyT 05-30-02 3
 RE: DUMBEST.SHOW.EVER on its way mocha madness 05-31-02 4
 RE: DUMBEST.SHOW.EVER on its way Kokoro 05-31-02 5
 RE: DUMBEST.SHOW.EVER on its way Jonnycumlately 06-02-02 6
 The Smoking Gun sorgee 06-03-02 7
 I'll only watch if she's naked Rottweiler Puppy 06-03-02 8
 RE: DUMBEST.SHOW.EVER on its way Swami 06-03-02 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-30-02, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: DUMBEST.SHOW.EVER on its way"
Excuse me while I go vomit. I'm just glad that I don't get that channel in my limited cable package. If I want to see white trash in action I can always watch Jerry Springer.

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-30-02, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: DUMBEST.SHOW.EVER on its way"
>>>"People won't be able to stop watching once they tune in. My life is a roller coaster, so hold on and enjoy the ride."<<<

Wow. That is the worst and most blatent PR tagline I have ever heard in my life. Unfortunately, I have a hunch that the dialogue goes completely downhill from there.

=======================

Survivorerist - Oh where oh where did my sig pic go?

(Courtesy of Strider )

"Oh my heck, I'm so very glad that that's over. The 2001-2 television season was, for this sofa spud, cruelly and unusually punishing."
-Antonia Zerbisias, The Toronto Star

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

05-30-02, 06:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: DUMBEST.SHOW.EVER on its way"
AK, I wish you wouldn't insult me like that *grin*

mocha madness 251 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-31-02, 08:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mocha%20madness Click to send private message to mocha%20madness Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: DUMBEST.SHOW.EVER on its way"
This has big potential written all over it...exploding boobs, excessive eating, excessive shopping, just all kinds of over the top behavior. Her entourage, with the exception of her son, are all people on the pay roll, or maybe its the contingency payroll depending on if the appeal is resolved in her favor...lots of potential chuckles. Now if we can only get "Chains of Love" back with Anna Nicole chained to four old rich dudes....I smell a series if they can pull that one off.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-31-02, 09:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: DUMBEST.SHOW.EVER on its way"
What they're not getting is that we could care less about her and her daily life - we just like watching the story of this beauty queen witch grab for cash while passing herself around like a bowl of pretzels.

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Jonnycumlately 206 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-02-02, 09:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jonnycumlately Click to send private message to Jonnycumlately Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: DUMBEST.SHOW.EVER on its way"
Sigh. Again, someone tries to copy a show without recognizing what made said show interested in the first place. The Osbournes worked because of the OSBOURNES. It was NOT the "celebrity reality show" format we were interested in (and depsite what the creator of Anna Nicole Smith may say, this isn't a original idea, even if it was thought before The Osbournes), it's the PEOPLE in the format. Who gives a crap about some gold-digging loser (didn't we already go this route with Darva Conger in any case?)

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-03-02, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "The Smoking Gun"
in the archives of www.thesmokinggun.com i read a judges paper concerning her court case. the judge talked about how uneducated she appeared to be. i wonder if she will learn how to present herself intelligently before the life is thrown out there for everyone to see.
i think i'd rather watch barney or the teletubbies...

Rottweiler Puppy 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

06-03-02, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rottweiler%20Puppy Click to send private message to Rottweiler%20Puppy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "I'll only watch if she's naked"

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

06-03-02, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: DUMBEST.SHOW.EVER on its way"
I will so not be there for this show. Please let me eat fafaru instead.

Swami

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •