The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Boot predictions?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-16-05, 00:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Boot predictions?"
Lindsey

i was channeling simon hardcore tonight. Here's my run-down of tonight's show:

1) Jessica: nice vocals (agree with paula). nice oobies (agree with DH). "boring" (agree with simon). she wanted to be "fun and funky." she failed.

2) Anwar: i've always been impressed in the past with Anwar's unique and interesting song selection. until now. i expected him to do better with this week's theme. again, i agree with simon. "boring" i do give a fashionista nod to the lounge-singer-meets-captain-jack-sparrow outfit he had on. subliminal political sidenote: call your senator and tell her/him to leave the arctic national wildlife refuge alone!!!!!!

3) Mikalah: as someone married to the son of a preacher man, i was offended. i'm thinking about calling my senator about this too. again i agree with simon "confidence exceeds ability"

4) Constantine: dude, this is why i chose you for "be the idol." and his performance is proof of why weddings singers do well in this show. you KNOW he's sang that at a dozen weddings. but Yikes! on the last note.

5) Lindsey: please sign my petition to FOX asking them to ban "knock on wood." honestly, i turned down the volume as she sang. simon has infiltrated my brain.

6) Anthony: does this guy sing anything other than ballads? i think the judges are harsh to try to dissuade the teenybopper girls from latching on to this clod

7) Nadia: #1 for the evening (sorry Bo fans). she's really got "it" -- star quality, whatever. not a great voice, but a great performer.

8) Bo: again, like Constantine, he demonstrates what a little practice and experience can give you. (again, channeling simon's comments about Bo having done this for "20 years

9) Vonzell: she's beautiful, and i think i saw her @ss through the dress. but it wasn't enough to make me want to vote for her. i think simon was being too generous with his prediction of 5 weeks.

10) Scott: nice suit. was that suede? paula thought he was "having fun" but he seemed rather unenthusiastic about the whole thing.

11) Carrie: yuck. she sounded awful. here my channeling with simon ended. he thinks she knows who she is musically. i say she grew up in a region with only one radio station.

12) Nikko: not stellar. probably not long for the competition. he seemed a little winded to me... like he'd just got off the plane or something.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Boot predictions? Flairmarq 03-16-05 1
   RE: Boot predictions? yankee fan 03-16-05 2
       RE: Boot predictions? Wingbob 03-16-05 3
 RE: Boot predictions? Tahj 03-16-05 4
 RE: Boot predictions? emydi 03-16-05 5
   RE: Boot predictions? seahorse 03-16-05 8
 RE: Boot predictions? chick 03-16-05 6
 RE: Boot predictions? Devious Weasel 03-16-05 7
   RE: Boot predictions? ginger 03-16-05 9
       RE: Boot predictions? dkay1211 03-16-05 14
   RE: Boot predictions? nailbone 03-16-05 10
 Lindsey lovwigglesworth 03-16-05 11
 RE: Boot predictions? robyn12 03-16-05 12
   Cleaned up Connie? niteowl 03-16-05 17
 RE: Boot predictions? shedevil 03-16-05 13
 RE: Boot predictions? Roo 03-16-05 15
   RE: Boot predictions? Glow 03-16-05 16
 You are good dawg, really really go... DontGetMeStarted 03-16-05 18
 RE: Boot predictions? Mysterious Jedi 03-16-05 19
 Lindsay AyaK 03-16-05 20
   RE: Lindsay brytigerca 03-16-05 22
 Nikko aliciabbrown 03-16-05 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flairmarq 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-16-05, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flairmarq Click to send private message to Flairmarq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Boot predictions?"
Lindsay and Mikalah are both on the block. If Scott doesn't show some energy on stage he is gone too.

yankee fan 41 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-16-05, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail yankee%20fan Click to send private message to yankee%20fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Boot predictions?"
I missed the first four singers, so based on what I did see and hear:
Lindsay or Scott should go home!

Wingbob 79 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-16-05, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wingbob Click to send private message to Wingbob Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Boot predictions?"
Lindsay

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-16-05, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Boot predictions?"
Nice assessment, Badger. I agree--Lindsey will go.

I liked Anthony's song a lot better than most people did, I guess. He has great stage presence and sex appeal--yes, I said sex appeal.

Moves courtesy of Syren

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-16-05, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Boot predictions?"
My view of last nite:

Surprised by how they did (better than I thought): Scott and Constantine and to a lesser degree Vonzell

Surprised by how they did (worse than I thought): Jessica and Carrie and to a lesser degree Anwar

Thought would do poorly and did: Lindsey Anthony and Mikalah

Thought would do okay and did: Nikko

Thought would do well and did: Bo and Nadia

Who is vulnerable: Lindsey, Mikalah and Vonzell--in that order. The teeny boppers love Anthony and Nikko will get the "underdog" vote. Scott will get the Cleveland vote and he did better than I thought (and Simon thought). The most surprising was how much I "liked" Constantine, it was his best performance thus far.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-05, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Boot predictions?"
I think Nikko is the most likely if there is a male boot. Lindsey is probably gone, though.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

chick 49 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-05, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail chick Click to send private message to chick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Boot predictions?"
Totally agree, except I thought Anthony did better than the judges said. Bye bye, Lindsey, for sure!

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-05, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Boot predictions?"
Top Four
Nadia – Her performance gave me chills. Stunning.
Anwar – Another perfect rendition of another great song.
Jessica – I found it neither boring nor safe. I thought it was spirited and well-done.
Bo – Better than the rest, but there were large parts where he wasn’t so much singing as speaking in rhythm. And I hate that. Also, that look strikes me as an affectation rather than the genuine article.

Middle Four
Scott – Good voice, strong performance. Needs to do something about the visual, though.
Carrie – She’s been much better. Much better. I’m starting to get this sneaking feeling she may have peaked already.
Nikko – I thought it was a good performance considering he only had half the time at best to rehearse. Next week will be a better statement.
Vonzell – I think she’s been improving each week. She’s not at the same level as the top, but I can see her passing Carrie at some point. If she gets to stay around long enough. Which she won’t.

Bottom Four
Constantine – Unlike Bo, and unlike others here, I don’t think his look is an affectation. I don’t think he’s a particularly good singer though, either.
Lindsay – I actually liked it a little. Which is more than I can say for
Anthony – Ugh. I mean, when you get Randy Jackson to compare you to a lounge singer, you know it’s time to find another line of work.
Mikalah – Ugh. Double Ugh. Horrid. And who’s dressing her? I think she’s going to be a beautiful woman someday, but so far on this show she’s seemed like she’s in a drag queen contest.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-05, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Boot predictions?"
The only girl I'm really "feelin" (dawgs) is Nadia.

Constantine makes me want to whipe the television monitor clean.

I was glad to see Nikko back, thought the "One More Chance" reference was kinda cute, didn't care for his singing this go round, but thought the "less safe" choice was a good idea, at least in concept; he wasn't being all Mr. Smooooooth.

Anwar was fine.

There was a whole lotta mediocre going on.

Still wondering -- what purpose does Paula serve, really? She simply spits out complimentary blurbs and tsk tsk tsks at Simon. I say bring Gene Simmons back.

dkay1211 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-16-05, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dkay1211 Click to send private message to dkay1211 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Boot predictions?"
I think Constantine made a big improvement...but I am still a Bo fan. Another Idol fan that I work with said she can't vote for Constantine because she saw him on an episode of "Elimidate" the other day....=)

I think Vonzell may go home...I like her, but I could see where she could kinda get "lost in the shuffle" when votes come in....

I hope Mikalah goes home tonight! =)

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-05, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Boot predictions?"
The only thing I disagree with is your assessment of Bo, who was and still is my favorite male in the competition. I LOVED his performance last night (that I LVOE that song may have something to do with it as well).

As for Mikalah, somebody needs to remind her that she's only 16. That outfit looked HORRIBLE on her. Lose the baby fat before showing that much belly. And she sounded bad, too.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

lovwigglesworth 239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-16-05, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovwigglesworth Click to send private message to lovwigglesworth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Lindsey"
Maybe I was just in a really good mood or something, but I though every performance was good last night. The judges seemed harsh. I guess they were expecting more.
Very, very good:
1. Nadia- the best of the night
2/3. Bo and Anwar- love them both as always
4. Vonzell- surprise that she was so good
Very good;
5. Anthony- maybe I just really like that song
6. Constantine- this guy is getting better musically and less annoying otherwise every week
7. Nikko- appropriate song choice and we have to give him at least one more week since he only had like 24hrs to prepare here
8. Scott- he has got the voice but any movement just winds the guy
Just good;
9. Carrie- she is good, but not living up to her hype
10. Mikaylah- first time I thought she was good, so I'm surprised she is not at the bottom of my list
11. Jessica- she has been one of my top three females every week but this one, hope she does better next week
12. Lindsey- I enjoyed the song, but liked the rest better
I will be surprised if Lindsey is not the boot tonight.

robyn12 41 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-05, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail robyn12 Click to send private message to robyn12 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Boot predictions?"
I am usually a big fan of Mikalah, but she really lost me last night. I thought she was down right awful. I would not be surprised if she got booted...

Same goes for Anthony, and Nikko. I think they both need to go.

I think Bo was too theatrical...

I thought Constantine was AWESOME. I agree with whoever said he improves every week. I have loved him from audition one, but I can really see where he would be gaining more and more fans. I am glad he is going less "rocker" and more mainstream. I really think he is a great singer and such a hunk -- he gets better looking every week too! He was my favorite of the night BY FAR. The lines for him were busy till 9:30, could not even get a vote in until later on...

niteowl 199 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-16-05, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail niteowl Click to send private message to niteowl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Cleaned up Connie?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-16-05 AT 04:49 PM (EST)

Constantine looked so good! I like him better clean-shaven and seems like he lost a little weight or looks healthier....He's my favorite, even tho' I don't think America will pick him to win. Bo was a little irritating, he ran around too much and didn't really "sing" enough...

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-16-05, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Boot predictions?"
The person that should go home is Mikalah, she was obviously the worst but I don't think she'll go yet. (I really want her to.) It might be Lindsay, Nikko or Scott.

Roo 705 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-16-05, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Roo Click to send private message to Roo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Boot predictions?"
Jessica - The girl can sing, but I thought she was a bit boring tonight.

Anwar - As much as swoon over him, he bored me. Nice voice, great look, but yawn.

Mikalah - Her hair and makeup looked a heck of a lot better this week. I liked her better than in the past (which isn't saying much).

Constantine - I actually didn't hate his performance. Not bad, but still not even close to being the best.

Lindsey - Such a pretty face and pretty voice, but no umph.

Anthony - He looked great, and while he started out OK, the last 1/3 of the song was painful.

Nadia - Wow! She looked beautiful, and her performance was wonderful!

Bo - Love me some Bo. 'Nuff said.

Vonzell - She looked absolutely stunning. Her smile lights up the stage. Not one of the best performers, but I think she is consistently good.

Scott - I love Scott's voice, and I'm glad he moved around a bit, but he looked exhausted by the time he got back to the stage.

Carrie - Boring. Off key. Too bad .

Nikko - I like his energy, but the singing was way off.

I predict Lindsey or Scott will go tonight.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-05, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Boot predictions?"
ditto what Roo said. Except I do not swoon over Anwar.
oh. And I don't think Anthony started off okay.

DontGetMeStarted 880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-16-05, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DontGetMeStarted Click to send private message to DontGetMeStarted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "You are good dawg, really really good"
You read my mind.... so much it's like a Paula/ Randy mind meld.

Thank goodness for Simon and the voice of reason.

Mysterious Jedi 1043 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-16-05, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mysterious%20Jedi Click to send private message to Mysterious%20Jedi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Boot predictions?"
Nobody wowed me this week. Pretty mediocre overall.

1. Bo - good
2. Jessica - good
3. Constantine - good
4. Nadia - good
5. Vonzell - good
6. Scott - alright
7. Carrie - eh
8. Anwar - ho-hum
9. Nikko - odd
10. Lindsey - blah
11. Anthony - horrid
12. Mikalah - painful

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-05, 06:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Lindsay"
If they give us a bottom three, I think she'll be joined by Mikalah and Anthony ... IF there is any justice, that is.

brytigerca 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-16-05, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brytigerca Click to send private message to brytigerca Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Lindsay"
My bottom 3 would be Mikalah, Lindsey, and Vonzell

Lindsey didn't do well with a horrible song choice

Mikalah did horrible with a popular song choice

If I could vote to eliminate, it would be Mikalah by a longshot

aliciabbrown 110 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-16-05, 07:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aliciabbrown Click to send private message to aliciabbrown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Nikko"
even though I would much rather see Makalah go. I know he's an underdog and had less time to rehearse, but his performance last night just wasn't that good and he has too much competition.

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •