The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Anyone watching "Meet the Barkers"?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

uglier than sarah w 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-12-05, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail uglier%20than%20sarah%20w Click to send private message to uglier%20than%20sarah%20w Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Anyone watching "Meet the Barkers"?"
It's weird, it's surreal, it's GREAT! I think they're relationship is pretty cute, and all in all, they are probably good for each other...if Shana gets out of bed...I worry about the little girl, though. I feel like they don't give her enough attention! Thoughts?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barke... Roanna 05-13-05 1
   RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barke... uglier than sarah w 05-16-05 2
       RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barke... Roanna 05-16-05 3
           RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barke... Ricky 05-16-05 4
               RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barke... uglier than sarah w 05-17-05 5
                   RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barke... Ricky 05-22-05 8
 RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barke... EJ2968 05-17-05 6
   RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barke... Ricky 05-22-05 7
       RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barke... uglier than sarah w 05-23-05 9
           RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barke... Ricky 05-23-05 10
               RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barke... uglier than sarah w 05-24-05 11
   RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barke... BeachJess 06-28-05 31
 RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barke... ladro 05-24-05 12
   RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barke... Ricky 05-25-05 13
       RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barke... ladro 05-25-05 14
           RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barke... Wacko Jacko 05-26-05 15
               RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barke... ladro 05-26-05 16
                   RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barke... uglier than sarah w 05-27-05 17
                       RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barke... Ricky 05-27-05 20
       RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barke... shabalaba 05-27-05 18
           RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barke... Ricky 05-27-05 19
 RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barke... whatthe 06-08-05 21
   RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barke... Ricky 06-09-05 22
   RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barke... sassygal767 06-09-05 25
 Shanna Barker: Narcoleptic Bad Mot... almostsaved 06-09-05 23
   RE: Shanna Barker: Narcoleptic Bad... babygirl66 06-09-05 24
       RE: Shanna Barker: Narcoleptic Bad... Ricky 06-10-05 26
           RE: Shanna Barker: Narcoleptic Bad... POOKIENY22 06-12-05 27
               RE: Shanna Barker: Narcoleptic Bad... Ricky 06-13-05 28
                   RE: Shanna Barker: Narcoleptic Bad... lolly347 06-15-05 29
                       RE: Shanna Barker: Narcoleptic Bad... uglier than sarah w 06-15-05 30
                           RE: Shanna Barker: Narcoleptic Bad... MollyTV 07-16-05 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Roanna 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-13-05, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Roanna Click to send private message to Roanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barkers"?"
I absolutely love the show. They are so sweet and so obviously in love. Even drunk they are cute, and that's pretty tough to pull off. If men took hubby as a role model for how to treat their wife/girlfriend/whatever, wouldn't there be a world of happier women? For that matter, if women do the same, wouldn't that be wonderful too?

05-16-05, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail uglier%20than%20sarah%20w Click to send private message to uglier%20than%20sarah%20w Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barkers"?"
Yeah, they are definitely honeymooners...they are very cute to watch and I like the fact that it seems to be a functional relationship...we need more shows like this to teach people how to love! LOL!

Roanna 6 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-05, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Roanna Click to send private message to Roanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barkers"?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-16-05 AT 03:07 PM (EST)

>Yeah, they are definitely honeymooners...they are
>very cute to watch and
>I like the fact that
>it seems to be a
>functional relationship...we need more shows
>like this to teach people
>how to love! LOL!
>

THAT's what I was trying to say. thanks for putting it so succinctly!

Roanna

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-16-05, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barkers"?"
Yeah, they seem to make a good couple. I like how Travis escapes out to the shooting range every once in awhile to get out of the house. It doesn't seem like he'd be into that. The kids are cute too.

In the end, those of us that walk away winning, win more than just a loss - Audrey, Apprentice loser

05-17-05, 11:19 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barkers"?"
How close is he to his other bandmates? I know Mark was the best man in his wedding but is very rarely on the show...probably a privacy thing?!

05-22-05, 04:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barkers"?"
Yea, I'm thinking the other band members don't want anything to do with the show. Even when they show Travis in the recording studio they hardly ever show the other band members.

"My mother was deaf"- Shanna Moakler

EJ2968 6 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-05, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EJ2968 Click to send private message to EJ2968 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barkers"?"
I think Shanna is a bit on the trashy/slutty side, but that is her MO... so whatever.... I hope she takes better care of her kids than what they show on TV... all you see is those Shanna and Travis making out or having sex and no sign of the kids. She's got two kids by two different fathers... how much you wanna bet she'll have another by someone else before her life is through.....

05-22-05, 04:53 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barkers"?"
I think they have a Nanny that does most of the kid stuff for them. I'm not sure if Shanna is slutty, but she does seem kind of helpless.

I love in the beginning of all the shows where they say "and this is my wife Shanna, she's a great actress" and then they show her in that role where she says (and signs) "My mother was deaf".

In the end, those of us that walk away winning, win more than just a loss - Audrey, Apprentice loser

05-23-05, 11:18 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barkers"?"
I KNOW!! SO Cheesy! What show/movie is that from?! Looks like Baywatch or something...eek!

05-23-05, 08:31 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barkers"?"
I think it's from a TV series she was in called "Pacific Blue". Shanna has actually been in more movies and TV shows then I thought. Check it out http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0594924

"My mother was deaf"-Shanna Moakler

05-24-05, 10:10 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barkers"?"
Huh? Who knew?! So she does do more than sleep...j/k I actually really like her and think she's a gorgeous woman...I'll have to check out IMDB but thanks for the heads up Ricky!

BeachJess 1 desperate attention whore postings

06-28-05, 11:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BeachJess Click to send private message to BeachJess Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barkers"?"
Shanna is definitely NOT slutty or trashy. shes absolutely gorgeous and im sure she's a fabulous mother. ive done a lot of commercials and television appearances and i know how much editing goes into reality tv. it seems to me that travis and shanna are very much in love and for you to say that you bet she will have another child by another man sometime in her life is just rediculous. you know, people make mistakes and just because her engagement with oscar de la hoya didnt work out, that has nothing to do with her relationship with travis. do you think shes slutty and trashy because she was in playboy, or is it just because shes pretty and trendy?? seems to me that you are just jealous so maybe you should take some lessons from her and learn how to lighten up a little.

ladro 1168 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-05, 11:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barkers"?"
I tripped over this and watched 3 minutes. I became nauseated when I thought that beautiful woman was reproducing with that tatooed girly man. After reading this thread I realize that at least one of those kids is from some other guy. But the show is still too painful to watch.

05-25-05, 08:22 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barkers"?"
The little girl is from Shanna's realtionship with boxer Oscar de la Hoya (they were engaged at one point). The young baby is from Travis.

Travis is supposed to look tough and scary with the tattoos and the show is supposed to show his romantic and family side.

Give it 3 more minutes, it's actually pretty entertaining.

"My mother was deaf"-Shanna Moakler

05-25-05, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ladro Click to send private message to ladro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barkers"?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-25-05 AT 03:44 PM (EST)

I'll start watching when she starts cheating on him with another guy.

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-26-05, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barkers"?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-05 AT 03:02 PM (EST)

I've seen bits of this show and I really don't see why anyone would watch it unless they are Blink 182 fans. THe show aint funny and it aint entertaining....it's just gross.

The Osbornes was entertaining at first but the novelty of it wore of fast. It became less and less funny because we had seen it all and the kids were like nails on the chalk board. These shows following a family around with a camera have gotten old.

05-26-05, 06:54 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barkers"?"
Good Point. Even though I never watched the Ozbounes, I understood the appeal. The Ozbournes was different, ground breaking, edgy. The Barkers is a Decade late and a couple of Million Dollars short.

05-27-05, 11:46 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barkers"?"
maybe I have bad taste, but I do enjoy watching this, if just for the surreality of it...I loved last week when Travis brought home those books on how to make your marriage affair-proof...what the heck is that supposed to mean... regardless, maybe I am just a voyeur!

05-27-05, 08:09 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barkers"?"
lol - I liked that marriage book Travis had. I liked this week where Shanna was making that HUGE scrapbook - doesn't she have anything bettter to do ? She leaves the kids with the Nanny for 4 days to go to London and she's bored out of her mind there. She's a train wreck. It's great mindless TV.

"My mother was deaf" - Shanna Moakler

shabalaba 369 desperate attention whore postings

05-27-05, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shabalaba Click to send private message to shabalaba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barkers"?"
Hey Ricky, thanks for the insight on the little daughter's daddy. I wondered about that as I noticed her dark hair and tanned skin...Pretty little girl indeed. Since I do not watch the show regularly, I had no idea who Travis (?), the hubby was. Does the show ever mention if Oscar de la Hoya visits with his daughter?

05-27-05, 08:03 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barkers"?"
Does the show ever mention if Oscar de la Hoya visits with his daughter?

No mention yet, but that would be funny if he came to visit them on the show. Oscar, Travis, Shanna - that could be the next version of Surreal Life lol.

whatthe 1 desperate attention whore postings

06-08-05, 10:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whatthe Click to send private message to whatthe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barkers"?"
i am watching it right now. i think they're an adorable couple but each parent seems to "brush by" atiana and ooze all over landon. shanna seems preoccupied with her neediness. perhaps oscar de la hoya - atiana's biological father - requested that his daughter's exposure on film be limited. then again, shanna seems to have full custody as there is no mention of atiana's father. shanna's "happy" existence depends almost solely upon the attention and affection that she receives from her hubby. not good for her daughter's development and is shanna really happy?

06-09-05, 01:10 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barkers"?"
Are you implying that Shanna is shallow and self-centered lol.

I think the last show of the season just aired. All your concerns/questions will have to be answered next season . Be sure and catch all the re-runs if you missed any of the shows.

sassygal767 1 desperate attention whore postings

06-09-05, 10:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sassygal767 Click to send private message to sassygal767 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Anyone watching "Meet the Barkers"?"
I read that Shanna does indeed have full custody, and oscar, sadly enough, wants nothing to do with his little girl. The only time they ever communicate is through lawyers for child support payments from him. She sued him for something like 60 million dollars for abuse to her and atiana... he liked kicked them both out or something like that...

she didn't get that much, I'm sure, but they settled for an undisclosed amount, so I'm guessing that the things she was accusing him of must have had some truth... otherwise he wouldn't have taken her claims seriously.

almostsaved 1 desperate attention whore postings

06-09-05, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail almostsaved Click to send private message to almostsaved Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Shanna Barker: Narcoleptic Bad Mother?"
All this woman does is sleep. Her kids are neglected and she slept through half of the time her kids were opening Christmas gifts. The new baby she's pregnant with is just an insurance policy. She's lazy. She's rude (talking about people on camera when they're out of earshot).

Can't stand her. Hope Travis got a prenup.

babygirl66 1 desperate attention whore postings

06-09-05, 08:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail babygirl66 Click to send private message to babygirl66 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Shanna Barker: Narcoleptic Bad Mother?"
I agree with you on this, i have only watched a few show's and everytime she is alway in bed or on the computer ect... How much do you see her with her kid's, hardly never and she is alway needed a break she dont do anything. The show the other night she need to leave cause her son wasn't going to sleep. Send more time with him, She is a mother now and one on the way wake up and start actting like one.

06-10-05, 02:16 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Shanna Barker: Narcoleptic Bad Mother?"
She has a Nanny to take care of the kids. She's a very important person, she can't be bothered with little things like rasing childern .

POOKIENY22 1 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-05, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail POOKIENY22 Click to send private message to POOKIENY22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Shanna Barker: Narcoleptic Bad Mother?"
>She has a Nanny to take
>care of the kids. She's
>a very important person, she
>can't be bothered with little
>things like rasing childern .
>
>

I LOVE THIS SHOW. ATIANA IS 6YRS OLD AND I THINK MOST OF THE TIME SHE IS AT SCHOOL DURING THE TAPING OF THE SHOW. IT LOOKS LIKE YOU ONLY SEE HER DURING THE EVENINGS.

06-13-05, 10:38 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Shanna Barker: Narcoleptic Bad Mother?"
So are you saying Shanna is not a bad mom after all ?

On the season finale Shanna found out that she is pregnant again. I think it's just a teaser though - she's not really pregnant.

lolly347 1 desperate attention whore postings

06-15-05, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lolly347 Click to send private message to lolly347 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Shanna Barker: Narcoleptic Bad Mother?"
Its not a teaser, she is very pregnant with her third child. I agree that she sleeps alot but anyone who is on a reality show will tell you that they edit alot out of those shows. So may be she does spend lots of time with them. We will never know for sure. And who wants to see a mom with her kids anyway? Thats what 7th Heaven is for. MTV is ALL about ratings.

06-15-05, 12:55 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Shanna Barker: Narcoleptic Bad Mother?"
I have missed some episodes!! bad me!! Can't believe she's preggers again...well I can, but geeze! that is so sad about Oscar and the daughter...so unfortunate as it seems the daughter needs someone in her life...

Is the baby really named Landon? Haha...I read that and got all confused with the Real World...def will be watching for reruns!

MollyTV 480 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-16-05, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MollyTV Click to send private message to MollyTV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Shanna Barker: Narcoleptic Bad Mother?"
so now is "meet the sniders" the show about dee snider from twisted sister the new meet the "family" show?

i really liked the interaction between him and his daughter.
and i thought they were all funny.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •