The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Hamptons"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-29-02, 09:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Hamptons"
Is it me or does this look like a bunch of spoiled rich kids whoring themselves out? Anyone gonna watch?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Hamptons Kokoro 05-29-02 1
 RE: The Hamptons Loree 05-30-02 2
 RE: The Hamptons PagongRatEater 05-31-02 3
 RE: The Hamptons SurvivorBlows 05-31-02 4
   RE: The Hamptons Kokoro 05-31-02 6
       RE: The Hamptons Kokoro 06-04-02 14
   RE: The Hamptons LadyT 05-31-02 8
   RE: The Hamptons SurvivorBlows 05-31-02 9
 RE: The Hamptons Loree 05-31-02 5
 RE: The Hamptons Femme 05-31-02 7
   RE: The Hamptons Femme 06-03-02 10
       RE: The Hamptons Jonnycumlately 06-03-02 11
           RE: The Hamptons Femme 06-03-02 12
               RE: The Hamptons Dianetic 06-18-02 16
 *yawn* true 06-04-02 13
 RE: The Hamptons MoonKitten 06-04-02 15
   RE: The Hamptons Loree 06-25-02 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-29-02, 10:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Hamptons"
<<like a bunch of spoiled rich kids whoring themselves out? Anyone gonna watch?>>

LT....you really have to ask?

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

05-30-02, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Hamptons"
Will I watch?

Probably...

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

05-31-02, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Hamptons"
Hell no! I can't stand the idea of seeing these spoiled little rich brats blowing thier lives and daddies money on stupid crap like yacht parties, jetting off to Paris, wearing outfits that cost one of my paychecks, etc. I guess I have too much of a proletariat streak, not to mention too much self-respect, to watch this unslightly slice of American life.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

05-31-02, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Hamptons"
>Is it me or does this look like a bunch of
>spoiled rich kids whoring themselves
>out? Anyone gonna watch?

Hey, just think of it as your chance to watch Big Brother Mexico...

In all seriousness, any number of reality TV shows are basically true-life soap operas (starting with the granddaddy of them all -- Real World.) ...and although I don't watch many, my understanding is that many of the all-time most successful soap operas were centered around rich people (Dallas, Dynasty... um, that's all that comes to mind right now -- like I said I don't really watch these things) so WHY WOULDN'T a reality TV soap opera about rich folks do well? Besides, I'm sure there'll be a subplot or two involving the poor waitress just looking for a break plus maybe some has-been that's hoping to be a someone again (anyone know where Kato or Marla Maples was last summer?)

If they promote it right, it should do better than The Bachelor. The only problem is that wardrobes and hair styles are all going to be sooooo last year...

The only problem with the thing is that it's only two episodes. If it works, I'm sure some other network will be doing "The Vineyard" next year.

-SB

05-31-02, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Hamptons"
Even many of the current daytime ones feature rich people (CEOs, mansions, constant parties and such)

Honestly, this show could be cool - Remember, just because their parents are rich doesn't mean they're all a$$holes.

06-04-02, 00:35 AM (EST)
14. "RE: The Hamptons"
Eheh - of course I could be wrong....at least about these kids, anyway ^-^;;

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

05-31-02, 08:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Hamptons"
Two episodes?
That's it?
I so wanted it to be a long thing. I don't know why, it seems to me like it would be like The Real World on crack. Just much more of a fast lifestyle. I guess I am buying into the whole Hamptons gossip thing. Who knows, maybe they will do The Valley and everyone will talk like Moon Zappa in the Eighties. Or they could come film my life since I talk like her now. I know, I know, Whatever Trish

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

05-31-02, 11:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The Hamptons"
You know, I just remembered the soap that is probably the best actual soap comparison to T's "spoiled rich kids" concerns -- that "90210" show!

-SB

05-31-02, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Hamptons"
I'm watching Barbara Kopple on THE VIEW right now. She is talking about it and showing clips of the documentary.

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings

05-31-02, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Hamptons"
Hey, if it's only 2 episodes, I think I'll watch. I can swing an investment that small.

06-03-02, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Hamptons"
Big mistake, fer shure.

My sister came out and we watched it together until she looked over at me and said "You know, I'm really not digging this "Hamptons" too which I replied. "Oh thank GAWD! I thought it was just me." Whatta boring lame show.

Oh, and Josh, you're an insincere juvenile wanna-be who is being used by all those freaks that were at your house. They don't like you, they just like your dough. What a complete dolt. (Oxygen bar, my booty, You're right, pretty gal, "You mean people pay for this??") Sheesh, whatta piece of crap.

Jonnycumlately 206 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-03-02, 07:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jonnycumlately Click to send private message to Jonnycumlately Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The Hamptons"
Ok, I know this will show what an "uncultured lout' I am, but what the heck is an "Oxygen Bar" anyway?

06-03-02, 08:06 PM (EST)
12. "RE: The Hamptons"
That's what I said (as I am not 12 and am not hip to all the latest scams, err, trends on the club scene). Apparently its some silly "make a quick buck" kinda scam where you hook up an oxygen mask thing (The kind that you stick up your nose like some old folk in the hospital would have) and suck in some scented air (the girl last night tried "synergy", for instance.)

Call me a sceptic, but if the air we breath is only 3 or 4 percent oxygen, and we're all still alive, then it's enough for me. This stupid oxygen bar scam promises like 90% (I dont remeber the figure he gave)pure oxygen straight your noseup. And just what is the scent for "synnergy"??? And is pure oxygen a liquid????? I don't think so. Whatever's in that stuff, I bet it's not just oxygen, not by a long shot.

(Gosh, cynical am I? I've been pissed off all day.)

Dianetic 618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-18-02, 05:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dianetic Click to send private message to Dianetic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The Hamptons"
But how about the waitresses, farmers, and painters? I kind of saw about half of each nght but it was rather boring. It was better than Temptation Island anyday.
Seeing how I'm following Femee today, I better say that I 've heard the pure oxygen thing really gives you a boost. I guess these snobby, bratty Hampton kids wouldn't know the difference in feeling better.

I can hardly wait for Cape Cod to be made.

--->LRon<---

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

06-04-02, 00:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "*yawn*"
These self absorbed brats were not even the least bit interesting. I wouldn't go near THE HAMPTONS if my life depended on it. What a bunch of whiney ungrateful freaks.

I am so thankful for my Midwest life, beats the hell out of dog therapy and performance art any day!

Those people need a reality check. Get OVER YOURSELVES!

~ true

True friends stab you in the front -Oscar Wilde

MoonKitten 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-04-02, 03:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MoonKitten Click to send private message to MoonKitten Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The Hamptons"
Hated it!! *finger down throat*

06-25-02, 07:03 PM (EST)
17. "RE: The Hamptons"
I had it on tape and finally sat down with some friends to watch it. We all found it slow and boring.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •