The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Extreme Makeover Home Edition 5/22 Episode"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-20-05, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Extreme Makeover Home Edition 5/22 Episode"
Extreme Makeover Home Edition has just completed filming another episode here in Arizona that will air on 5/22. This time they build a house for the parents of Lori Piestewa and her surviving children. The linked article contains information about the final reveal so don't click if you don't want to know.

An excerpt for those who don't know who Lori Piestewa was:

Piestewa was killed while driving a supply truck in southern Iraq during the first week of the war in March 2003. Her memorial service in Tuba City, attended by about 5,000, was held two years ago to the week before the house was completed.

Piestewa, the first Native American woman killed on foreign soil during battle, since has been elevated to cult status, especially among Native Americans, and a peak and parkway were named after her in Phoenix.

Lynch was severely wounded in the truck Piestewa was driving and was later freed after a daring rescue by U.S. special forces at a hospital.

The TV show's producers also arranged for a veterans complex to be built in Tuba City for Native Americans, which was dedicated on Monday.

Other articles about this episode:
Piestewa home being built on traditions
Calif. tribe bankrolls N. Arizona homesite

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Extreme Makeover Home Edition 5... PagongRatEater 04-20-05 1
   RE: Extreme Makeover Home Edition 5... samboohoo 04-21-05 2
       RE: Extreme Makeover Home Edition 5... universityofkentuckyrocks 06-07-05 3
 RE: Extreme Makeover Home Edition 5... pmspml5 06-07-05 4
   RE: Extreme Makeover Home Edition 5... Cyndimaus 06-07-05 5
       RE: Extreme Makeover Home Edition 5... sofiamiss 09-16-05 6
 Laura Bush (yes, that Laura Bush) Swami 09-29-05 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-20-05, 11:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Extreme Makeover Home Edition 5/22 Episode"
I've been catching this show on and off ever since you recommended it to me and I definitely plan on watching this one.

The other one they filmed down in Chandler(?) with the 8 year old girl with cancer was one of the best I've ever seen.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-05, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Extreme Makeover Home Edition 5/22 Episode"
I was just talking to one of my clients about this show this morning, and we discussed the very episode about this little girl. Such an amazing show, I cry just about every week.

Crowned by Pooh. Decorated by Syren

universityofkentuckyrocks 2575 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

06-07-05, 01:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail universityofkentuckyrocks Click to send private message to universityofkentuckyrocks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Extreme Makeover Home Edition 5/22 Episode"
GREAT SHOW. FINALLY DOING SOMETHING FOR OTHERS ON A REALITY TV SHOW EVEN THOUGH I LOVE REALITY TV SHOWS!!!!!!!!

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-07-05, 08:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Extreme Makeover Home Edition 5/22 Episode"
LAST EDITED ON 06-07-05 AT 08:01 AM (EST)

This show is awesome. They were taking applications for Chicago and I nominated my brothers family. He has a son with special needs and their house is fine - but he just doesnt have the time to finish it as his son has had cranial surgury three times in 5 years. There house is full of 2x4's and unfinished rooms.

Bottom line was that even though they felt the story was good - the house was "in to good of condition for the show". So good luck to whoever they picked.

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-07-05, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Extreme Makeover Home Edition 5/22 Episode"
I really, really enjoy this show. I like the fact that there is a reality show that I can encourage my young kids to watch. In fact, my 9 year old begs to watch it! I like showing them that there are people in this world who are doing unselfish things for others. And it's great that they can see that you can have fun doing good things.

sofiamiss 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-16-05, 09:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sofiamiss Click to send private message to sofiamiss Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Extreme Makeover Home Edition 5/22 Episode"
I wanted to let everybody who is a really big fan of the show know that there is this great yahoo group, that you all should visit, just for fanfiction! It's small so far, but it's growing, and it already has some stories and some pics, and we'd love to see you there! Come read the stories, or post some of your own, or do a little bit of both. Hope to see you join!

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Extreme_Makeover_Home_Edition_RPG_Fan_Fiction_Group/

God bless!

Ciao!

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-05, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Laura Bush (yes, that Laura Bush)"
Laura Bush makes her reality show debut on Extreme Makeovers: Home Edition. Good for her:

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/US/09/28/first.lady.ap/index.html

I can think of some reality shows I would like to get W on, but I have trouble using the words 'Bush' and 'reality' in the same sentence.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •