The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"weekly theme previews?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

smrtgrrl 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-10-05, 07:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtgrrl Click to send private message to smrtgrrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"weekly theme previews?"
Hi all

I'm new to this site, but I wanted to start off with a question.

Is there any way to find out the themes for the week before the Tuesday performance show?

I would love to try to predict what song people will sing and then laugh when their choices (which, according to the judges, don't matter as long as you 'bring it') go horribly, horribly wrong.

Thanks!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: weekly theme previews? Wheezy 03-10-05 1
 No whispers Breezy 03-11-05 2
 RE: weekly theme previews? UNCWCutie 03-13-05 3
 RE: weekly theme previews? Breezy 03-15-05 4
   It is taped this week MarleyCat 03-15-05 5
       Huh Breezy 03-15-05 6
           RE: Huh MarleyCat 03-15-05 7
               Thanks Breezy 03-15-05 10
               RealityTVWorld.com is quoted true 03-15-05 17
 60's Theme MarleyCat 03-15-05 8
   RE: 60's Theme Fishercat 03-15-05 9
   Ok I'm blind Breezy 03-15-05 11
       RE: Ok I'm blind MarleyCat 03-15-05 12
           Oh no Breezy 03-15-05 13
               RE: Oh no MarleyCat 03-15-05 14
                   RE: Oh no Fishercat 03-15-05 15
                       LOL! Bebo 03-15-05 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Wheezy 9153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-10-05, 11:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wheezy Click to send private message to Wheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: weekly theme previews?"
I would love to try to predict what song people will sing and then laugh when their choices (which, according to the judges, don't matter as long as you 'bring it') go horribly, horribly wrong.

I, too, enjoy the laughing.

Welcome Smrtgrrl. I don't know the answer, but I'd like to. Perhaps on the AI website it gives a preview prior to the show.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-05, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "No whispers"
On the Fox website, that I saw.

UNCWCutie 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-13-05, 09:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail UNCWCutie Click to send private message to UNCWCutie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: weekly theme previews?"
Hey Smrtgrrl!

I'm new to this site as well! Do you have any favorites thus far?

UNCW Cutie

03-15-05, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: weekly theme previews?"
Still didn't see any whispering about theme, but they're saying over there that this week and next week are taped not live? Why would that be? And do we believe that?

Save a horse, ride a cowboy. Sigpic by Syren.

MarleyCat 59 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-15-05, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MarleyCat Click to send private message to MarleyCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "It is taped this week"
Our local LA tv station was giving away tickets for the taping Monday night. They made a point of saying that it would not be shown until tonight(Tuesday)..

03-15-05, 12:22 PM (EST)
6. "Huh"
Isn't this show supposed to be live? Isn't it normally at this point?

03-15-05, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MarleyCat Click to send private message to MarleyCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Huh"
LAST EDITED ON 03-15-05 AT 12:37 PM (EST)

I thought it was strange too ...but I'm sure that is what they said.

I'm guessing this week only the results show will be live.

eta
I found a link that explains:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news/2005-03-14-idol-cover_x.htm

03-15-05, 01:15 PM (EST)
10. "Thanks"
With so many performers in just one hour, Idol is taping tonight's and next Tuesday's shows to ensure no singer is cheated on time, Warwick says. After that, all shows will air live on the East Coast. Tonight's theme will be revealed on the show; no celebrity judges are planned for upcoming shows.

For those that don't want to click on the link.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-05, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RealityTVWorld.com is quoted"
The USAToday article you linked has quotes from our very own Wade Paulsen. *waves to Wade*

Wade Paulsen, a reporter for RealityTVWorld.com, which follows Idol closely, already sees greater fan interest. "Viewers who discuss the show on the Internet are much more hyped about the show right now than they were last year," he says. "From the very beginning of the finals last year, people were bemoaning the lack of a Clay and a Ruben. By contrast, nobody is crying about this year's final 12."

Paulsen says viewers already may have avoided the ugliest voting controversies by picking a more balanced field. He offers an example from last year of what many thought was a voting travesty.

"Right now, there doesn't appear to be much chance of a Jennifer Hudson being booted while a John Stevens goes on to the final six, simply because there are only a couple of candidates who are so weak that people would be disappointed to see them continue."

03-15-05, 12:59 PM (EST)
8. "60's Theme"
According to the boards over on fox..it's a 60's theme tonight.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-15-05, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: 60's Theme"
I saw that message too, I think it is a 60's night. After seeing the reviews, I'm happy.

03-15-05, 01:16 PM (EST)
11. "Ok I'm blind"
Where is that mentioned?

03-15-05, 01:22 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Ok I'm blind"
It's not in the article..But...On the Fox boards there are a few posters that claim to have gone to Monday nights taping and they claim that it is a 60's night.

Sorry Breezy that was not very clear on my part...

03-15-05, 01:29 PM (EST)
13. "Oh no"
I understood that it's on the Fox site part, I just get so lost over there. The threads and posts are a mess over there, makes me dizzy. *thud*

03-15-05, 01:55 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Oh no"
I think I'm the "dizzy" one this morning.

The thread is simply titled "Tonight's Show"..it's pretty long but if you are interested they even have a list of songs that each contestant sings tonight. I won't post the list because I don't want to spoil it for anyone who wants to be surprised.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-15-05, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Oh no"
In that case, I'll post it. However, I'll put it in the invisible text (Like Bawdy's 24 threads). Only highlight the section below if you want to know the rumored information for song titles and performance quality (one person's opinion) and you do not mind it being spoiled.

Blue Peeps: If you do not want this information posted, hidden or not, either PM me about it and I'll fix it, or post and I'll fix it, or if you want to, delete the post/edit the post assuming you can.

Nikko - I Want You Back;
Constantine - You Make Me So Very Happy;
Nadia- You Don't Have to Say You Love Me;
Anthony - Breaking Up is Hard to Do;
Anwar - House is Not a Home;
Mikalah - Son of a Preacher Man;
Vonzell - Anyone Who Had a Heart;
Carrie and Jessica - songs not identified for either of them, sorry;
Scott - Ain't Too Proud to Beg;
Bo - Spinning Wheel;
Lindsey - Knock on Wood.

One person’s perspective on the show
Bo and Nadia are phenomenal. They are great performers and have awesome stage presence.
(also on Bo:
I don't remember exactly what the judges said to Bo but all of them were very complimentary to Bo, the audience loved him and he had a great performance jumping up on a table behind the judges while singing!)
Scott - omigod. He has the most amazing, strong voice. He may not fit everyone's ideal image of an American Idol, but he can sing. When you see his performance, you'll be impressed. Of all 12, I believe he has consistently improved each week, his voice has remained strong throughout, but his performances get better. And, yes even that little hand thing last week fit with the song he sang.
Mikalah - she is soooo beautiful in person. We were actually shocked to see how pretty she is. For a teenager, that girl has an amazing figure. And the most beautiful eyes. Her voice has potential, I just think that her age may be a factor - experience comes with age.
Lindsey and Anthony - I would say they are about the same as they have been.
Carrie - another very strong voice.
Anwar - amazing once again. And very powerful. And yes, good looking too.
Constantine - In the beginning I liked him more than Bo - but I have since changed. He is another one with great stage presence, and he is soooo good with his eyes when he sings. Very charismatic and very sexy-but not the best in vocals.
Nikko - He was good. Not outstanding, but good.
Jessica - I love her voice and it sounded so great live. Much better than on TV.
Vonzelle - Good performance.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

03-15-05, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "LOL!"
I was posting this at the same time on a separate thread. I figured this was a good time to teach folks how we post spoilers over here.

Thanks for demonstrating the hidden text example.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •