The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Allow me to officialy introduce,.....the GGA"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-12-01, 08:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Allow me to officialy introduce,.....the GGA"

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Allow me to officialy introduce... volmel 04-12-01 1
   RE: Allow me to officialy introduce... volmel 04-12-01 3
       What makes this a GGA? AyatollahKhomeini 04-12-01 6
           RE: What makes this a GGA? shakes the clown 04-12-01 8
               Tina AyatollahKhomeini 04-12-01 11
               RE: What makes this a GGA? Lightmage81 04-13-01 27
               Exactly-- define 'good' TOL 04-13-01 31
               RE: What makes this a GGA? nailbone 04-13-01 37
           Happy with results? Play2Survive 04-12-01 14
               RE: Happy with results? volmel 04-12-01 16
                   Sounds good to me AyatollahKhomeini 04-13-01 54
           RE: What makes this a GGA? SurvivinDawg 04-12-01 15
               RE: What makes this a GGA? volmel 04-12-01 17
                   volmel (OT) SurvivinDawg 04-12-01 20
                       RE: volmel (OT) volmel 04-12-01 21
                           May I mediate? AyatollahKhomeini 04-13-01 55
           RE: What makes this a GGA? Rudyrox 04-13-01 24
 RE: Allow me to officialy introduce... MDSkinner 04-12-01 2
 Yep..... kuchakor 04-12-01 4
   RE: NOPE...Kuchakor, all I see is Dalton 04-12-01 13
       RE: NOPE...Kuchakor, all I see is Play2Survive 04-12-01 18
           Doomed indeed TOL 04-13-01 34
               RE: Doomed indeed Play2Survive 04-13-01 35
                   RE: Doomed indeed desert_rhino 04-13-01 39
           RE: NOPE...Kuchakor, all I see is C_Master 04-13-01 48
       RE: NOPE...Kuchakor, all I see is idiotcowboy 04-12-01 19
       RE: NOPE...Kuchakor, all I see is SurvivinDawg 04-12-01 22
       RE: NOPE...Kuchakor, all I see is Rudyrox 04-13-01 26
           RE: NOPE...Kuchakor, all I see is idiotcowboy 04-13-01 28
               RE: NOPE...Kuchakor, all I see is Rudyrox 04-13-01 30
                   He is no cowboy annadad2 04-13-01 45
                       RE: He is durn close to being a cow... Dalton 04-13-01 49
 RE: Allow me to officialy introduce... travelingbetty 04-12-01 5
 Lookit all the SPOILERS littering t... SurvivinDawg 04-12-01 7
   One week at a time AyatollahKhomeini 04-12-01 10
   Girl, interrupted... TOL 04-13-01 32
       RE: Girl, interrupted... SurvivinDawg 04-13-01 43
           RE: Girl, interrupted... TOL 04-13-01 46
               RE: Girl, interrupted... Dalton 04-13-01 51
   RE: Lookit all the SPOILERS litteri... volmel 04-13-01 50
 The Ultimate Spoiler Inside... IceCat 04-12-01 9
 Indeed they live!!!! Play2Survive 04-12-01 12
 RE: Allow me to officialy debunk,..... mavsfan 04-13-01 23
   RE: Allow me to officialy debunk,..... idiotcowboy 04-13-01 25
       Keith can still win! shakes the clown 04-13-01 29
           RE: Keith can still win! SurvivinDawg 04-13-01 33
               RE: Keith can still win! landruajm 04-13-01 38
                   RE: Keith can still win! SurvivinDawg 04-13-01 44
               RE: Keith can still win! landruajm 04-13-01 41
           Possible, but not likely Play2Survive 04-13-01 36
           RE: Keith can still win! lazybar 04-13-01 42
               RE: Keith can still win! SherpaDave 04-13-01 47
           RE: Keith can still win! annadad2 04-13-01 52
   Keith bebekid 04-13-01 53
 RE: Allow me to officialy introduce... Pinky and the Brain 04-13-01 40

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

volmel 362 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-12-01, 09:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volmel Click to send private message to volmel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Allow me to officialy introduce,.....the GGA"
Shakes, I've got a theory and since I'm new, I don't feel it's right to start a new thread, so I'm putting it under yours. Hope that's okay.

Jerri said to Bryant on The Early Show that it was powerful to be on the jury. She said there were some on there that appeared to be sweet, but were really backstabbing. Tonight Jeff told Tina to the effect that she appeared to be sweet but was tough and was that her strategy. She said yes. And she went on to say that it was nice to get the six people on there that could all get along and she felt any of the six were deserving. Now taken with Jerri's comments on The Early Show and her relishing getting to tell someone what she thinks of them and making reference to the fact that someone appears sweet but is really ruthless, makes me think that Tina is one of the final two. (I paraphrased some of the conversations, cause I can't ever remember sh*t)

Come on Tina, do Tennessee proud

04-12-01, 09:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volmel Click to send private message to volmel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Allow me to officialy introduce,.....the GGA"
I'm calling my theory "The Jerri Smirks" theory, cause when Tina said that was her plan to be sweet but ruthless and that it was nice to have the 6 on there who all got along, it showed Jerri and she smirked.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-12-01, 09:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "What makes this a GGA?"
How do Benedict Tina and Kan't-Kook-Keith end up as "good guys"? Tina's out there looking for the next unstabbed back to sully, and she's somehow "good"?

OK, on to volmel's prediction. I hope you don't mind that I think of Tina as one of the phoniest people I've ever seen, right up to her "Tennessee Titans" (made of 100% genuine saline). Nothing against Tennessee, mind you, just against Tina...

Anyway, volmel, I think you are correct. I think Jerri, who is NOT a duplicitous person (but also not a nice one), gave us a real spoiler -- she gets to pull a "Soozin" in the final jury vote directed at Tina. Hmmm, she wouldn't do that if Tina's opponent at the end was Keith, would she, because she hates Keith too?

I don't want to read too much into Jerri's comments, but I think it's a real spoiler, volmel, and your post deserves a thread of its own, though for now we'll just have to remember that it's here.

I just hope that those of you in Tennessee are happy about the way she represents your state. Personally, I'm glad that the representative remaining for Massachusetts in Lis...

04-12-01, 09:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: What makes this a GGA?"
>How do Benedict Tina and Kan't-Kook-Keith
>end up as "good guys"?

...they saved the rice, what else do you need?

Actually, the term GGA started out with the early Baramundi talk of BT and KKK saying how they want to hang out with the nice people....Lizliz and KJ are the nice people, hence the GGA.

But I do disagree with you about Tina.....she is the best player in this game, and its not even close.

I'm looking forward to seeing her win the million.

...also, at this point a K vs T final two matchup is a real possibility.....what would Scerri do then?

04-12-01, 09:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Tina"
shakes, I've said for weeks that Tina was the most strategic player in the game. We don't have any disagreement on that point.

In Survivor, being phony helps!

Lightmage81 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-13-01, 01:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lightmage81 Click to send private message to Lightmage81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: What makes this a GGA?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-13-01 AT 01:43 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-13-01 AT 01:36 AM (EST)

Yea i agree with AK on this one......
she is a real phony-backstabber......

so far she has ousted everyone in the original alliance, except Colby (Mitchell, Jerri and now Amber)

But hey it worked....
she is the only one with a clean slate

Edit 1: to erase a load of crap
Edit 2: to write this load of crap

TOL 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-13-01, 07:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TOL Click to send private message to TOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "Exactly-- define 'good'"
But I do disagree with you about Tina.....she is the best player in this game, and its not even close.

I would say Tina fits the definition of "good" as in good player. She has NO votes. She has pissed off no one (yet). She is moderately helpful, and moderately talented at challenges (not the worst-- not the best).

Just last night, Tina decided to look for the food instead of wringing her hands. She also knew that Keith's plan for retreival was stupid and swam for it herself.

In all of her time in the outback, the only stupid thing I have seen her do is rifle Kel's backpack-- at Jerri's prompting. Other than that-- the woman is playing a really good game.

Backstabbing? I think I would term it as savvy instead. She's Richard Hatch without the arrogance and melodrama.

PS: nope-- not a Volunteer fan... though I wear orange for football games, it's for a Big East team, and it's an orangier orange.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-13-01, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: What makes this a GGA?"

>
>...also, at this point a K
>vs T final two matchup
>is a real possibility.....what would
>Scerri do then?
>
"Pick a number between 1 and 10...."

Play2Survive 270 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-01, 10:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Play2Survive Click to send private message to Play2Survive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Happy with results?"
Just one thought - to be taken with a grain of salt since I am citing Sir B - about a possible Tina/Keith finale. Didn't MB say we'd be happy with the winner, or happier relative to S1? Would that be the case in a T/K finale?

Well, I'm sure we'll be discussing this further when Vormel gets his own thread.

04-12-01, 10:14 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Happy with results?"
Actually P2S, I'm a she. "vol" cause I live in the Volunteer state (just a few miles from Tina) and "mel" for Melissa.

On to AK's comments. I really don't have a problem with the way Tina has played. It would have been the way I would have done it. It's a very southern woman thing to do. It's what I was taught, too. You appear to be sweet, to get what you want. Right or wrong, it seems to be part of our culture, at least that was the way *I* was taught. (I have a feeling I'm in trouble now) ahhahahaah.

04-13-01, 06:13 PM (EST)
54. "Sounds good to me"
volmel, we had two Melissas on the spoilers board during S1: "melissa" and "Me-lissa". Both were among the nicest and most savvy posters here. Glad to add another Melissa to the group.

Personally, I know that I would make a lousy Survivor contestant. Tina, by contrast, is a great contestant. Part of what irritates me is that I thought she would have to pay for double-crossing Mitchell. As usual, I guess wrong; she guessed right. She has done everything you need to do to win, without having a single vote cast against her yet. This week, she and Keith double-crossed Colby. Yet it looks like Colby intends to hold it against Keith instead of Tina.

I may not like her, but I have to respect her ... the same way that I would respect a cobra.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-01, 10:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: What makes this a GGA?"
>OK, on to volmel's prediction. I hope you don't mind
>that I think of Tina as one of the phoniest
>people I've ever seen, right up to her "Tennessee Titans"
>(made of 100% genuine saline).

DID YOU NOTICE how when Tina was talking to the camera that they did this big "from the neck up" close up of her face and she was clearly standing behind something? Clearly this was so that those 100% saline Tennessee Titans don't show up on TV for what they look like (eek!).

> Nothing against Tennessee, mind
>you, just against Tina...

Speak for onesself! We Georgia Bulldogs have long known the true nature of those wearing Tennessee orange! (Just kidding, volmel. Go SEC! All the way with Kentucky Joe!!! )

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Save the drama for yo mama, and hate orange along with me.

"I've never been bored a day in my life. Only boring people get bored." -- Jerri Manthey

04-12-01, 10:18 PM (EST)
17. "RE: What makes this a GGA?"
Survivin Dawg. I figured you were one of those Jawja Dawgs. Do you bark during kickoff? hahahah.

04-12-01, 10:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "volmel (OT)"
Gooooooooooo Dawgs! Sic 'em! WOOF! WOOF! WOOF! WOOF!

See you in Knoxville in September!

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Save the drama for yo mama, and BARK!

04-12-01, 10:38 PM (EST)
21. "RE: volmel (OT)"
Oh, I'll be there decked out in my favorite color. As my mama always said, "every woman looks beautiful in orange".

04-13-01, 06:16 PM (EST)
55. "May I mediate?"
When I used to be a Cleveland Browns season-ticket holder, we did both: dressed in orange and barked!

Rudyrox 152 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-13-01, 01:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rudyrox Click to send private message to Rudyrox Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: What makes this a GGA?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-13-01 AT 01:24 AM (EST)

Outwit, outlast, outplay. Isn't that the game? Tina is, and has always been, PLAYING the GAME. I can't fault her for that. The object is to win a million bucks. Someone has to be voted out every three days.. there is NO way out of it and it's inevitable that you are going to vote for people you care about. Especially if it's in your best interest to do so. (think about it.. if you had one million dollars sitting on your lap.. would you hand it over to your friend sitting across the room because he or she is your best friend and that would be the honorable thing to do or would you keep the money and send your friend home? I would keep the million and invite the friend to leave.. without a doubt)

I believe so far Tina has played the game better then anyone. (With maybe Liz following.. There is a reason Liz and Roger are still around.. I think Liz is the brain behind that)

Colby has been cocky all along. He talked about the 'pecking' order early on.. he's (up until recently) has been in control.. and he knew he was safe. I think that's changing.

I would like to see Roger or Liz win.. but I wouldn't be too upset if it was Keith or Tina. I like the idea of a GGA.. and those four, imo, are the good guys.

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-12-01, 09:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Allow me to officialy introduce,.....the GGA"
I will give Conspiracy Jim his props for the forsight on the GGA. He called this one, and I argued against it.

Good call on this one CJ.

kuchakor 126 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-01, 09:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kuchakor Click to send private message to kuchakor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Yep....."
Certainly looks like they are running strong.....I loved the little bit where Tina and Keith didn't inform their "Pal" Colbster about the Amber voting. It is really getting odd, I am sensing a pattern here.....

Ogakor Votes Off Kucha (Alicia)....Ogakor Votes Off Ogakor (Jerri) And Doesn't Tell One Member That They Are Voting For An Ogakor (Amber)...Ogakor Votes Off Kucha (Nick)....Ogakor Votes Off The Person Whom They Didn't Tell About The Previous Ogakor Vote (Amber) While Not Telling Someone (Colby)

I doubt it will continue though, lol. It is obvious that the Ogakor Alliance has divided once more, this could be the final crack, I doubt Keith and Tina will split from each other, although they could be voted off by the others first. The key to the next episode is the Immunity Challenge. If Rodger, Liz, Keith, or Tina win, Bye-Bye-Colbster, courtesy of the GGA. If Colby wins, there could be something huge going down, because Colby doesn't look like he is gonna vote along with Keith. We could see the Kucha join with the odd man out, Colby, and get rid of Tina or Keith...but then again, Kucha haven't shown to be the brightest tribe around, either. I just hope Colby goes soon....I have hated him from day one, even more than Jerri. I seriously doubt Colby will win this challenge, if Keith is as pissed at Colby as Colby is at Keith. It is about time that we saw a challenge that involved any type of thinking or mental activity, because Colby would stand no chance.

P.S. - Wonder how many beers Colby drank at the ranch?

P.S.S. - Everyone, rewind that damn Kangaroo trying to get on the shore in the middle of the show!

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-12-01, 10:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: NOPE...Kuchakor, all I see is "
prejudice against Colby in your above post.

So YOU "have hated him from day one,..."
and
Gosh darn....
lets have an IC "that involved
any type of thinking or mental activity,
because Colby would stand no chance."

That is an example of what we, in Texas, call
dammned Yankee bullsh*t prejudice (and jealousy)!!!

I value the opinions and theories of many on
this Board, including Volmel and Shakes....
but you Kuch-a-kor (w/ 33 DAW's) are simply
venting your spleen....ICK.

Dalton

04-12-01, 10:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Play2Survive Click to send private message to Play2Survive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: NOPE...Kuchakor, all I see is "
Ah now kids, let's be nice. We all, despite our attempts to be unbiased investigators, have our feelings about the players that sneak into our dialogue now and then. Perhaps Dalton, Kuchakor was simply venting over the fact that the arrogant, obnoxious, nasty, woman-beating, 2-brain fella (who just happens to be from texas) is still in the game.

If, as Aya points out, Tina does not qualify as a GG, Colby certainly does not. He is the outcast now, because angry guys who toss around women can't be in the GGA.

Enough of that. Point is, as Kuchakor said, Colby is gone unless he wins immunity. Keith especially seems to be through with him. These two hot tempers appear to be boiling. Can't wait to see Colby and Keith do their best Alicia/Kimmi immitation next week. Seems it will be something other than fingers wagging around.

04-13-01, 07:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TOL Click to send private message to TOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "Doomed indeed"
>Enough of that. Point is,
>as Kuchakor said, Colby is
>gone unless he wins immunity.
> Keith especially seems to
>be through with him.
>These two hot tempers appear
>to be boiling. Can't
>wait to see Colby and
>Keith do their best Alicia/Kimmi
>immitation next week. Seems
>it will be something other
>than fingers wagging around.

Your last sentence had me giggling.

About Colby-- he's got a nice smile, but he doesn't know how to play (beyond the physical). He also sucks at being two-faced (think of his bumbling attempts, compared to Tina's), and make no mistake-- he's the most duplicitous out there.
He told Jeffie P. he should have 'pulled up 5 feet' to deliberately lose a reward challenge. Too late, genius. Now you're going to have to win ALL remaining immunities to survive.

04-13-01, 09:07 AM (EST)
35. "RE: Doomed indeed"
Yes, his afterthought of " I shoulda woulda lost the reward" was quite an error. In fact, not only did he NOT give up the reward, I contend he CHEATED. Amber was ahead and their ropes met. When she was about to do the old hook switch, he pushed her out of the way with a free shoulder in very typical Colbyesque, women-are-a-nuisance fashion. This Southern non-Gentlemen is a heavy favorite to be booted next week. Will be looking for clues to IC, as that will be key to W12.

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-01, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Doomed indeed"
I noticed that shove. It was a Bad Move. He'll pay for that, and this AFTER he KNEW FOR A CERTAINTY that winning RCs is bad. He USED THAT to get rid of Scerri. Moron, thinking with his testosterone again.

-- JV

C_Master 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-13-01, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail C_Master Click to send private message to C_Master Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: NOPE...Kuchakor, all I see is "
I think the only qualification in being in the Good Guy Club is to casting a vote to get rid of Jerry.

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-12-01, 10:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: NOPE...Kuchakor, all I see is "
Go get'em Dalton... I'll cover your back...

I'm resigned to Colby NOT winning now... but I would sure love for him to win one more IC just to mess things up a little!

ESPECIALLY if it was some type of MENTAL one...

"DONT MESS WITH ME, AND DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS"... uncle cameraman

04-12-01, 10:38 PM (EST)
22. "RE: NOPE...Kuchakor, all I see is "
LAST EDITED ON 04-13-01 AT 07:31 AM (EST)

>but you Kuch-a-kor (w/ 33 DAW's)
>are simply
>venting your spleen....ICK.
>
>Dalton

Kuchakor has earned the right to vent his/her spleen as often and as much as he/she likes. If my observation is correct, Kuchakor is the only one whose PTTE is still alive and well. Edited to add: I should rephrase. Kuchakor's is the only pre-Ep10. PTTE to continue. There are a few other LATECOMERS who are still in the hunt.

Have a nice day.

"I've never been bored a day in my life. Only boring people get bored." -- Jerri Manthey

04-13-01, 01:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rudyrox Click to send private message to Rudyrox Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: NOPE...Kuchakor, all I see is "
Well I have lived in Texas for as long as I can remember... and I don't like Colby either. Just because he's from Texas doesn't make him a hero.

04-13-01, 02:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: NOPE...Kuchakor, all I see is "
rudyrox-

>Just because he's from Texas doesn't make him a hero.

Who said he was a hero? He's arrogant, cocky, pouty, and a few other adjectives I can't think of right now, but is he so much worse that the rest? At this point they all have a few warts to show, and some more than others (and in my opinion, more than him). This is not a show about nice people doing nice things for each other... it's a cutthroat game that pits people against each other and brings out the worst in everyone... at times I really wish the whole kucha clan would have made it this far so we could watch as all those "good" guys cut each others throats and backstabbed each other. Point being, we all pick our favorites for one reason or another... but most people have a certain attachment to any "local" contestants too. I grew up in west Texas and I know where he come's from so to speak... does that make him a great guy... no... there are plenty of prettyboy jerks from my home town... but I would still root for them unless I had a specific reason not to... and for Colby I don't. Sorry if I'm taking this the wrong way... but it just doesn't seem some of the comments on this thread are in the same good natured fun as some of the others around here are.

-ICB

04-13-01, 03:07 AM (EST)
30. "RE: NOPE...Kuchakor, all I see is "
Fair enough! And try don't to take anything I write in a rude tone. I'm rarely trying to flame.. it's hard to get the tone across on these message boards.

One of the things that got on my nerves from the start was that Texas cowboy sterotype Colby seems to wear with pride. The first thing Jerry said was "I've always wanted a cowboy".. like everyone from Texas are boot kickin cowpatties. Grrr.. call it a pet-peeve!

Mary

annadad2 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-13-01, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail annadad2 Click to send private message to annadad2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "He is no cowboy"
The guy is a body shop mechanic, not a cowboy. Why do non-cowboys wear cowboy boots, hats , belt buckles, etc.?? If you are not actually a cowboy, you are pretty much wearing a halloween costume.

Maybe I'll go to work monday in a spaceman hat, think people will laugh? I just can't respect anyone who uses words
like "buckaroo", "yeeha" and "yup, yup, yo" as an everyday part of their vocabulary. Buckaroo? Buck this...

OK, sorry to pick on Texas and Colby, I know how you guys like your big hats, not that there's anything wrong with that.

All kidding aside, Colby has done real well in all the challenges, not just the physical ones and up to last night, he was on the winning side of every betrayal and back stab in the Outback. I have to give him credit for getting this far but it is hard to see him getting much farther apart from winning ICs. His major mistake wasn't winning the RC last night, it was voting Jerry off.

04-13-01, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: He is durn close to being a cowboy......"
I'm just going to add in my best Texas Lady
manners.....

Colby was raised and grad hs in a class of like
less than a hundred in a small West Texas town
of San Cristobal. He has camped in worse conditions
than the Outback; rode horses; graduated from Texas
Tech. Univ.; is only 26yrs. old; worked out daily
in a gym weight-lifting before S2; Did "rebuild old
classic cars in a garage in San Angelo (parents home)
until he realized he could move to Dallas and make
big bucks "custom detailing" for fat cats so he could
indulge in his hobby of car restoration.

Ok, deep breathe. Sigh. And YES it BUGS the heck out
of TEXANS that somebody like Scarri sees a guy in jeans
and a hat and yells out "COWBOY" "YIIYEEHAAA"! We don't
go to Boston and yell out "OH LOOK HAAAARVAAARRDD" to
people in three-piece suits...it's rude!!!

If Colby did "shoulder Amber during the RC" he should
not have....only because she's a GIRL!! LOL.
Colby's downfall is that he is too darn competitive!!!
He has been upset
for weeks that HIS tribe, the Ogakors could NOT win a
challenge. He was hanging back nicely until this week
(btw, I posted last week Colby would win 3 IC's in a row
and so far he is good for 2 out of 3).....this week he
let his ego get the best of him and didn't "throw the RC
to Lamber"...geeze that would have been smart...but DUH!!!

And just to interject....imo, Keith is a rotten, sore
loser who can't hide his arrogant contempt for people!!!

Dalton

travelingbetty 296 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-01, 09:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail travelingbetty Click to send private message to travelingbetty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Allow me to officialy introduce,.....the GGA"
Colby was definitely not in the loop as far as voting....unless he was trying to get favor with the jury. His place is very precarious at this point in time, but maybe he is the one to make the break and go Kucha. However, Kucha may have already gone to the other side. Logically doesn't make sense, although there hasn't been logic for some time.

I loved the Amber/spider effects though.

04-12-01, 09:47 PM (EST)
7. "Lookit all the SPOILERS littering the ground..."
As Barrimundi Beach washed away, so did an awful lot of spoilers:

1) Yep, my Source Code Theory spoiler is gone but so is...
2) The Opening Credits Pictures that featured Amber, causing speculation she might be in the Final Four.
3) Someone is going to have to explain WHY Jerri and Amber are not speaking, since they're going to get time together on the Ranch.
4) That All-Female Finale that I was REALLY looking forward to.
5) The Colby/Tina alliance. As wispy as the fog in the Knoxville, Tennessee mountains...
6) Maybe Jerri is right that Amber is overwhelmed with the publicity in Beaver, Pa., but we were thinking there was so much more reason she was so under the radar post-show.

04-12-01, 09:54 PM (EST)
10. "One week at a time"
Ever since our "disaster" in E6, when we knew that Michael got burned but didn't predict that as our pick for the week, I have been trying to take the spoilers one week at a time. Frankly, we just don't have enough evidence to do much else.

For example, last Thursday I said that I thought Rodger went next. But then we saw the discussion of Rodger in Jerri's chat. When we have so little evidence, any piece of real evidence achieves disproportionate weight.

04-13-01, 07:35 AM (EST)
32. "Girl, interrupted..."
>3) Someone is going to have
>to explain WHY Jerri and
>Amber are not speaking, since
>they're going to get time
>together on the Ranch.

Easy. Jerri and Amber bonded over sex -n- candy, and will de-bond over their sweet thang, Colby.

Jerri will attempt to assume the position (the alpha dog position) when reunited with Amber at the ranch. Amber will attempt to correct her positioning. Catfight over the cowboy dog.

04-13-01, 10:57 AM (EST)
43. "RE: Girl, interrupted..."
Actually, TOL, I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek there with the Jerri/Amber not-speaking. In some of her exit interviews, Jerri has said that Amber was probably overwhelmed with her celebrity status in small-town Pennsylvania, and Jerri said that she would like to get together with Amber again. This seems to explain most of Amber's no-radar-signature after the show.

But one reason I thought Amber would make the Final Two was because she and Jerri weren't so closely bonded post-show and maybe Jerri voted against Amber in the Jury vote. Now we know that they'll spend time together. Maybe Amber will shed light on if anything DID happen between them.

04-13-01, 11:43 AM (EST)
46. "RE: Girl, interrupted..."
>Actually, TOL, I was being a
>bit tongue-in-cheek there with the
>Jerri/Amber not-speaking.

Actually Dawg-- me, too. It amused me to write that scenario. LOL

Truth to tell, I can make it fit the gossip I've read (you know what's out there) about any combination of Amber/Jerri/Colby as a triangle. Or not.

Besides, I like the idea of Amber winning Colby vs Jerri. Gives "meanwhile, back at the ranch........" new meaning.

04-13-01, 02:22 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Girl, interrupted..."
TOL, you are cordially invited to join us on
the SB.com Basher Board...scroll down to "other
boards" and click!!

We are well known as the Dark/Funny Side of
SurvivorBlows.com and we will tell ya that
the real triangle at the ranch was between
Jerri and Amber and the Host Jeffy Popp!!!

Dalton

04-13-01, 02:15 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Lookit all the SPOILERS littering the ground..."
Just a guess, I have nothing to base it one. But I'm wondering, if indeed, Jerri is targeting Tina, talks to Amber back at the ranch about voting against Tina in a final two, and if Amber says she will vote for Tina to win, if that might cause some kind of rift...

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-01, 09:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "The Ultimate Spoiler Inside..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-12-01 AT 09:53 PM (EST)

Here is spoiler that is correct almost every single week...

Who ever IceCat votes for in the boot vote...

Is guaran-frikkin-teed safe for the episode!

04-12-01, 10:00 PM (EST)
12. "Indeed they live!!!!"
I was going to post the same thing....before I get into it I will very humbly acknowledge that yes, yes, all the experts were right, and my defiance was not enough to save Amber. Not that I particularly wanted her saved. I'm just sad that Skakes will no longer be able to give coverage of the off camera action between Amber and Lizzy.

Anyway, the GGA lives. I can't believe it - so many of us discounted it, but here we are with a 4-2 vote along GGA lines. I'm impressed that MB did not let on that this was happening since Tina's mention back in E8. She repeated herself at TC, mentioning she is happy to be with people who like each other - to which Jerri sneered.

Kudos to any and all who voted this week, not just for Amber, but on the premise that GGA lives. You had better eyes than I.

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-13-01, 01:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Allow me to officialy debunk,.....the GGA"
The GGA being defined as R/E/T/N is a sweet dream but it just doesn't have any foundation in reality. So far the supposed "GGA" has voted together exactly 2 times out of 5 opportunities, and after next week it'll be 2 times out of 6 opportunities. (voting together 1/3 times ain't much of an alliance). The ONLY way T/K vote with R/E next week against Colby is if Keith is so blinded with anger against Colby that he's willing to cut HIS OWN THROAT to knock Colby out. If Colby's knocked out next week (the chance is about zero), then Keith is guaranteed to be gone the next week when he loses the tie breaker against Elizabeth or Roger. Should this act of blind vindictiveness occur and the supposed "GGA" actually vote together 3 of 6 opportunities, this still doesn't rise to the level of an alliance. It would instead be Kucha exploiting Keiths foolishness... not an alliance.

Sweet dreams.

04-13-01, 01:28 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Allow me to officialy debunk,.....the GGA"
I'm not ready to jump fully onboard with the GGA just yet either... but it looks to me like either Keith OR- Colby might be a bit blinded here... they're really starting to get on each others nerves... both appear to be very ticked... and since we've already seen which way BT is leaning... GGA may be all that's left for any of them... BTW, GGA only needs 1 Ogre now...

Colby's chance is to win out on IC's (3 left)... and hope for a favorable final partner (K/T)... Keith has no chance.

"don't mess with me, and don't mess with Texas" - Uncle Cameraman

04-13-01, 02:33 AM (EST)
29. "Keith can still win!"
>Colby's chance is to win out
>on IC's (3 left)... and
>hope for a favorable final
>partner (K/T)... Keith has no
>chance.

.....after Tina's severe case of "foot in mouth" disease at tonight's Tribal Council, she might be losing steam with the final jury.

Scerri doesn't like Tina or Keith, but at least Keith never pretended to like her...we know from Jerri's post interviews that she is very proud of the fact that she never stabbed anyone in the back...between Keith and Tina she might very well choose Keith over Tina (don't forget the revenge comments from Scerri on Early show)

That's one vote.

Alicia seems to be in Scerri's ear, so you know she is hearing all about Benedict Tina's double dealings (MadDog, Mitchell, Jerri, and now LAmber), plus she has no reason to dislike Keith at this point, so she might follow along with Scerri and vote for KEith.

That's two votes, only two more needed.

It's safe to say that the Colbster is pretty much done with KKK, so you can pencil him in for Tina.

Rodger is KKK's fishing buddy, I think he could go either way, but at this point KKK is definitely the favorite for his vote (although there is a link to Tina's website from Rodger's)

So, that's three voted for KKK, only one more needed.

Nick probably would vote for Tina despite the urgings of Scerri.

So, its 3-3 going into the pivital vote, Lamber.

I would bet the farm that Lamber falls right back into Scerri's shadow and dumps Tina for ruining their Day #1 alliance.

4-3 Keith wins the million.

04-13-01, 07:39 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Keith can still win!"
And where does LisJustIs fall into this? By your post, I'm thinking you have her penciled in for Tina.

I totally agree that Tina made a mistake with her answer. So did Rodger, IMHO. But remember, we only saw what MB edited to give us!!! We don't know what else was said or what other answers any other person gave.

landruajm 6040 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-01, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail landruajm Click to send private message to landruajm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Keith can still win!"
Nick's missing too. There will be 9 on the final jury, not 7.

If 4 votes were all it took to win, then Colby could get there without Scerri Sin.

Wow, that sucked.

04-13-01, 11:02 AM (EST)
44. "RE: Keith can still win!"
No, shakes said above: "Nick probably would vote for Tina despite the urgings of Scerri".

By the way, the FUN scenario is Keith v. Tina (although I think now it will be Lis/Tina). Who does Jerri vote for THEN? Her post-game interviews suggest that she got back at someone. She said Keith is her least favorite, not mentioning Tina. But Orange BT *has* betrayed at least two big alliances now (the original Ogakor Jerricorps Alliance, and now Ogakor itself in Baramidriff Tribe), and Jerri might get that golden opportunity for the "snake and the rat" speech in Final Jury.

landruajm 6040 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-01, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail landruajm Click to send private message to landruajm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Keith can still win!"
Oops. Sorry, it is 7 votes. I'm just fogged in by that horrible thing they did to poor little Lamber. OMG <click>....

If Landru had a brain, he wouldn't be so lame.

04-13-01, 09:25 AM (EST)
36. "Possible, but not likely"
If precedence tells us anything, the jury vote will vote their conscience based on who played the game the best. Up to this point it appears that Tina is the mastermind of an imminent Keith-Tina finale. If this proves to be true, and Keith was following Tina's lead, I believe she will win in a landslide.

BTW, I'm not convinced Jerri would vote for Keith over Tina, but I do think she would vote for anyone else over her.

lazybar 25 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-01, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lazybar Click to send private message to lazybar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Keith can still win!"
Hey Rotator Head,

You got lucky once, you had better not bet your farm, Keith will never win because Colby's teaming up with R/E.

Lazybar

SherpaDave 8326 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-01, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Keith can still win!"
>Hey Rotator Head,
>
>You got lucky once, you had
>better not bet your farm,
>Keith will never win because
>Colby's teaming up with R/E.
>
>
>Lazybar

annadad2 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-13-01, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail annadad2 Click to send private message to annadad2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Keith can still win!"
Shakes-I agree that Jerri and Alicia would vote for Keith over Tina and said so in my now defunct PTTE (I had Colby the IC winning SOB). My reasons were basically the same though certainly not as eloquently stated. However, I didn't see Amber voting for Keith so I had Tina winning 4-3 instead of vice versa. Amber's comment about "stealing the show" at the final TC (Regis interview)is right in line with your conclusion that Amber joins Scerri in sticking it to Tina as payback for all her velvet-spike-in-the-back betrayals.

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-13-01, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "Keith"
I WAS thinking the same thing about Keith. Why would Keith want to get rid of Colby (more prior votes) before the final 4? But Keith has shown us already (Jerri boot) that he is playing the game with his emotions and not always with the best strategy. And Keith DOES have an option: win immunity. With Colby gone, Keith's chances are a lot better. If he fails to win immunity, he has no one to blame but himself.

If Colby wins immunity, and the GGA is true, then Lis and Rodger will have no choice but to turn on Keith or Tina. They see Colby will likely vote for Keith and they reluctantly add their votes.

I agree that the first TC that Colby is not immune, he is out of there in a landslide. He SHOULD lose the RC (intentionally or otherwise), so he can be perceived as beatable. Surely he will not win 3 ICs in a row. But fear of being kicked off can certainly be a motivating factor (Kelly). I hope MB inserts an IC that favors females (who wants to watch the guys win time after time?)

I think Colby and Keith will be the next 2 TC victims. I'm just not sure which one first. After seeing the previews last night, I remembered reading something Rich said in an US magazine interview back in February. He was commenting on either Alicia/Kimmi or Jerri/Keith friction. He said it was VERY dangerous to their positions in the tribe to show the others their animosity. This statement and last night's preview (coupled with other spoilers) makes me think the final 3 will be T/R/E, with T/E the final 2.

Pinky and the Brain 43 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-01, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Pinky%20and%20the%20Brain Click to send private message to Pinky%20and%20the%20Brain Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Allow me to officialy introduce,.....the GGA"
If there is a GGA now, is that good strategy from both perspectives?

From the K/T perspective it doesn't make sense to me that you would give up a sure final 3 spot w/ C/K/T and then guarantee only a final 4 spot with aligning w/ L/R. Especially in light of the fact that K has plenty of votes against him and would almost certainly lose any tie-breaker. It also appears that L/R are more likeable than the remaining tribe members and would be a bigger threat to win more votes from the final jury.

From the L/R perspective would it have made more sense to align with A (if possible - don't know if they tried) and assure each of them a final 3 spot and eliminating top IC threats.

It seems to me the better strategy would be to have an alliance that takes all 3 members to the final 3 (absent IC factor).

Colby is now a sitting duck and must win the IC's from here on out in order to get to the finals

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •