The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"January 23rd episode"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-23-06, 10:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"January 23rd episode"
I would love to start posting about tonight's show. But I guess we should wait until the west coast has seen the show.

Later...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: January 23rd episode weyhing4 01-24-06 1
   RE: January 23rd episode Rockytop Chick 01-25-06 18
 Camping??? KScott 01-24-06 2
   RE: Camping??? Loree 01-24-06 13
   RE: Camping??? clelalg 01-26-06 19
 RE: January 23rd episode CattyChat 01-24-06 3
   RE: January 23rd episode Layla 01-24-06 4
       RE: January 23rd episode bududaddy 01-24-06 5
           RE: January 23rd episode Layla 01-24-06 6
               RE: January 23rd episode weyhing4 01-24-06 10
   RE: January 23rd episode Loree 01-24-06 14
   RE: January 23rd episode Loree 01-24-06 15
 RE: January 23rd episode shabalaba 01-24-06 7
   RE: January 23rd episode tigereye 01-24-06 8
       RE: January 23rd episode Layla 01-24-06 9
           RE: January 23rd episode frisky 01-24-06 11
               RE: January 23rd episode CattyChat 01-24-06 12
                   RE: January 23rd episode Psych2be 01-25-06 16
                       RE: January 23rd episode BlueLies 01-25-06 17
               RE: January 23rd episode Layla 01-27-06 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

weyhing4 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-24-06, 07:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weyhing4 Click to send private message to weyhing4 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: January 23rd episode"
OK- Left coast has had their time.

Passing thoughts-

Is it just me or is Travis like the most insipid bachelor ever? "Susan... you .. are just..... awesome" !?!? Who is this loser? Freakin Jeff Spicoli? For a doctor, he does not seem very bright. God he is boring- Anyway......

Did you see Jennifer from Nashville trying to slip him tongue during the kiss? You have to Teevo-rewind it a few times but she clearly tries to french him but he keeps his doctorly mouth closed and doesn't take it to the next level. What a drip.

I especially liked Travis' buddies test with the rings with different sized rocks. They knew that most women, despite all their talk and bluster, would by instinct grab the biggest rock and reveal their shallowness. It appeared as if they were not disappointed.

Oh yeah, I have to hand it to the producers- they do a darn good job making Paris look like a "romantic" destination (...cough....overrated...cough..) and spare no expense on extravagances- the boat was pretty fantastic. They have populated their fantasyscape with some pretty hot and interesting broads, but man the bachelor sucks. Any thoughts?

Rockytop Chick 314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-25-06, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rockytop%20Chick Click to send private message to Rockytop%20Chick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: January 23rd episode"

>Did you see Jennifer from Nashville
>trying to slip him tongue
>during the kiss? You have
>to Teevo-rewind it a few
>times but she clearly tries
>to french him but he
>keeps his doctorly mouth closed
>and doesn't take it to
>the next level. What a
>drip.

I'm confused. I don't recall either Jennifer or Sarah from nashville getting a kiss at all. The only girls that I saw getting kissed were Sarah Canada and Susan. Did I miss something?

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-24-06, 08:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Camping???"
Jennifer didn't have a chance, not with Sarah loving camping so much, did anyone think this was a little one sided? And please I wish he would see through Sarah and Moana.

I got Bobbed
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

01-24-06, 07:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Camping???"
It did seem so obvious when they sent them camping. Sarah had told Travis in the first ep that she loved camping. Then Travis tells the camera one of the reasons he liked Sarah was that she liked camping and so does he. He wants an outdoorsy female. So they send Sarah and a female that has never gone camping on this date. The producers wanted it to favour Sarah.

clelalg 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-26-06, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail clelalg Click to send private message to clelalg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Camping???"
>Jennifer didn't have a chance, not
>with Sarah loving camping so
>much, did anyone think this
>was a little one sided?
> And please I
>wish he would see through
>Sarah and Moana.
>
>I got Bobbed
> A good friend
>will come and bail you
>out of jail...but a true
>friend will be sitting next
>to you saying, "Damn... that
>was fun!"

>

Does Jennifer look familiar to anyone else? I know I have seen her on another show, but can not find ANYTHING on-line!! Can anyone help- what other show was she on?
It says that she was a finalist in Miss Hawaiian Tropic- was there a reality show for this??

PLEASE HELP- LOSING MY MIND

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-06, 08:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: January 23rd episode"
I have to say that I started out wanting to give this guy the benefit of the doubt that he was in it for the right reasons, but my common sense keeps screaming at me that he's a player, like the rest of them.

Reasons why I DON'T think he's sincere?

He has pretty much eliminated EVERY girl over 26 and closer to his age. Hmm, in my opinion, if he's really serious about settling down, he would want someone with a little more maturity, who is also ready to settle down.

I am shocked he has kept around Tara who, in almost every scene, slurs her words & obnoxiously "interrupts" his time with other girls that he is supposedly trying to get to know. (I liked Tara in ep 1, but now realize she's another insecure, IMMATURE girl who needs time to grow up & live out HER life before settling).

Then there's pathetically insecure & IMMATURE Sarah from Canada. I almost feel sorry for her throwing any dignity out the window the way she tries to smother the Bachelor & stick her tongue down his throat.

This bachelor will be like all the others & take advantage of the really young, silly, girls who are willing to check their self-respect at the door and feed his ego by throwing themselves at him. He'll pick a girl 8, 9 or 10 years his junior & they'll be "just friends" by the time the final reveal episode, because "they have different goals" in life.

It's obvious nothing will come from a show like this when the producers choose the same jealous, insecure, catty women every season. It cracks me up that although these girls know full well what they're getting themselves into, they act so hurt, angered, disgusted & surprised that this guy is dating more than one woman at once. Unbelievable.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Layla 45 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-24-06, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Layla Click to send private message to Layla Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: January 23rd episode"
I've noticed, too, that our Bachelor has barely said two words. His best line was telling Psycho Doc that she was puttung the cart before the horse which was pretty good. Sarah from Tennessee seems in the running for our latest Psycho. What in the world is she getting so mad about? She hasn't even had a one on one date!! (Come to think of it, maybe that's it!) I'll bet he would have liked to eliminate ALL except Sarah from Canada, Susan, and Moana. I liked Sarah's line that many of the girls sound as though they are on Miss America, trying to give all the right answers. I agree with her.

bududaddy 27 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-06, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bududaddy Click to send private message to bududaddy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: January 23rd episode"
I don't think the bachelor is all that boring- I think maybe the producers show the girls talking more for the drama factor. Travis seems relatively intelligent and respectable. The girls though, are quite disappointing, especially after last night! I liked a few of them before, but the only one left to like is Jehan. She is the only one who doesn't seem to be playing a game IMO and isn't talking badly about the other girls.

Why do the rest of them act so dumb?!? Susan is not so bad, but seems kind of fake- especially after learning she's trying to make it as an actress.

01-24-06, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Layla Click to send private message to Layla Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: January 23rd episode"
Honey, you missed the coming attractions! Jehan was the WORST! She wants to save poor widdle Travis from all those nasty, insincere girls and she's going to tell him so! I agree with Frisky that this show has somehow set back the women's movement one hundred years. I can remember when the movement was raging and they told us that women really don't act like cat fighting, back stabbing witches. Gloria Steinem, where are you now?! Have you seen this show??!!

weyhing4 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-24-06, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weyhing4 Click to send private message to weyhing4 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: January 23rd episode"
Yeah Layla- I am an avowed chauvanist and can tell you this show offends even my trace PC sensibilities, but, like Frisky, I am rivited to its grotesqueness, like a car wreck. Maybe they will throw in 30 acres and a mule along with the girl this season.

Does it set back the women's movement? Not sure, but it seems as if most of the people watching and posting seem to be women. Does that say anything?

01-24-06, 08:01 PM (EST)
14. "RE: January 23rd episode"
>
>I am shocked he has kept
>around Tara who, in almost
>every scene, slurs her words
>& obnoxiously "interrupts" his time
>with other girls that he
>is supposedly trying to get
>to know. (I liked
>Tara in ep 1, but
>now realize she's another insecure,
>IMMATURE girl who needs time
>to grow up & live
>out HER life before settling).
>

I thought he would eliminate Tara too. She does seem to annoy him when she keeps popping up while he is with other females. Can we say "clingy"?

01-24-06, 08:08 PM (EST)
15. "RE: January 23rd episode"
>Reasons why I DON'T think he's
>sincere?
>
>He has pretty much eliminated EVERY
>girl over 26 and closer
>to his age. Hmm,
>in my opinion, if he's
>really serious about settling down,
>he would want someone with
>a little more maturity, who
>is also ready to settle
>down.
>This bachelor will be like all
>the others & take advantage
>of the really young, silly,
>girls who are willing to
>check their self-respect at the
>door and feed his ego
>by throwing themselves at him.
> He'll pick a girl
>8, 9 or 10 years
>his junior & they'll be
>"just friends" by the time
>the final reveal episode, because
>"they have different goals" in
>life.

I am being reminded of the season with Jesse the football player. He kept the very young females that he knew were not ready to be serious. So he didn't have to settle down with one of them immediately. That seems to be what Travis is doing too. I wonder if he came on the show with the right intentions. Then got overwhelmed and didn't know what to do. He was scared he would end up with a female that was ready to get married right after the show because she has rotting eggs. So he keeps the younger women that may not be in that rush to get married.

shabalaba 369 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-06, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shabalaba Click to send private message to shabalaba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: January 23rd episode"
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that whenever he adresses the group of women he refers to them as "you guys"...? Like, "I'm going to take you guys out on a yacht". Or "one of you guys will be getting a rose during the date" etc etc
This annoys me to no end and everytime he does it; it makes me wince. Could he not just say, " all of the ladies", or, "you hos", "or you desperate beyotches" but "guys?"

Bugs me!

tigereye 43 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-06, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tigereye Click to send private message to tigereye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: January 23rd episode"
I just wish he would elimnate Moana now!!!! That girl is no good, at least for that show anyway!

You can like the life you're living, you can live the life you like - Chicago

01-24-06, 02:18 PM (EST)
9. "RE: January 23rd episode"
I seem to be the only person on the planet who likes Moana, but it seems to me that she has had to spend all of her time defending herself to the other girls as to why she has not fallen prostrate before the Bachelor with her tongue hanging out. She seems confident, mature, and smart to me.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-06, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: January 23rd episode"
I don't think I would act much different than Moana if I were to go on this show. She has made it clear to everyone that she doesn't know if she wants to be with Travis. WTF is wrong with that? She doesn't know him yet. It doesn't mean she isn't interested in getting to know him. It means that she isn't going to sit there and say "Oh, he's a doctor! I love him!" She's there for the "right" reasons. If she sees something in him she likes, something might come of it. If there's nothing there, then she hasn't lost anything.

I think he keeps her there because he respects this attitude. She told Travis she isn't going to be all gaa-gaa and begging him to pick her. She's made it clear to Travis that if she isn't one of the giggly girls. She's the most realistic of the bunch.

Obviously, the editors have chosen her to play the villian. How ironic. Reminds me of Hollywood in the 1930's, when strong women were protrayed as butchy and bitchy and unsexy.

Rolly made this.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-06, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: January 23rd episode"
I'm with you Frisky. First of all, not that much of Moana has been shown by way of her comments to the girls or Travis. All we hear are the nasty girls saying horrible things about her.
So, I have no way of judging Moana, because I don't know what kind of a person she is or what her intentions are.

I think she is SMART not to divulge anything to the other girls. Number one, they are competition, not "friends." I also believe Moana is veyr well aware of this, so she doesn't want to give the beotches any ammunition.

Of all the girls, Moana is keeping it the most real, IMO. She is not going to gush that she is "in love" with some guy she just met & barely spent any time with. It shows her maturity over the other girls I also think it shows she might have much better intentions than the others.

I mean, seriously, in the real world only psychos profess their undying love to a guy seconds after meeting him. Also, in the REAL world, the guy would be RUNNING the other way.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Psych2be 84 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-25-06, 01:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Psych2be Click to send private message to Psych2be Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: January 23rd episode"
I really enjoyed Travis's friends giving the girls a quiz...especially b/c of KEVIN! He is gorgeous...I noticed he is an orthropedic resident and wonder if he works at Vandy too. I am from Nashville, and he is worth falling and breaking a leg, lol!!

I think that Travis is sweet, and shy. I have friends that are residents in med school, and friends who are physicians and it is hard sometimes for them to relax and go with their feelings, when they are drilled for YEARS to NOT feel ANYTHING. I loved the out-takes of Travis trying to talk about Kristen and the orange peel...he was laughing so hard he was crying, lmao!!

Several of the girls "erk" me, but Sarah (Canada) has to be the worst. She just seems so shady.

I believe that he really has fallen for Susan, and is just keeping the other girls for pawns...JMO

BlueLies 398 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-06, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueLies Click to send private message to BlueLies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: January 23rd episode"
These women always forget...

Travis has friends, single friends who may want a hook up after the show, then each one of them could bag a doctor and stop acting like children.

I don't think there's much there for Travis. It will probably be another one of 'those' after-the-finale-are-they-still-together-awwww-poor-guy shows.

http://news.yahoo.com/comics/

01-27-06, 10:04 AM (EST)
20. "RE: January 23rd episode"

>Obviously, the editors have chosen her
>to play the villian.
>How ironic. Reminds me
>of Hollywood in the 1930's,
>when strong women were protrayed
>as butchy and bchy and
>unsexy.

How about Joan Crawford in "The Women?" Oh, I love that movie! Such a hoot. When the women want to hear the latest gossip they go to get a manicure an ask for JUNGLE RED!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •