The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Not So Move of the Week"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-14-05, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Not So Move of the Week"
I’m sure that, given the Racers this season, there were way more stupid decisions than we were shown. However, since it seemed they mostly got editted out, we didn’t have much to play with. I’m making excuses because it was too much work and I didn’t care that much. I know. I’m sorry. *hangs head*

Anyway, since we got 2 hours this time around, I thought I’d try to offer 5 things that were so stupid they need to be discussed.

By all means vote for your favourite in the subject line. If anyone cares, I’ll even tabulate the vote.

1. Linz family chooses one of the boys for the trapeze task instead of the much-lighter Megan.

2. The Weavers sit and watch the other teams search for departure times. Additionally, they watch their lead evaporate.

3. Bransens don’t check alternative flights and end up 1 hour behind other teams.

4. Er…

5. Um…

Anybody have any suggestions?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Not So Move of the Week jolathe 12-14-05 1
 Linz family chooses guy instead of ... Cyndimaus 12-14-05 2
 RE: Not So Move of the Week universityofkentuckyrocks 12-14-05 3
   RE: Not So Move of the Week Cygnus X1 12-14-05 4
       RE: Not So Move of the Week pedantic 12-15-05 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jolathe 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-14-05, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jolathe Click to send private message to jolathe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Not So Move of the Week"
What about the million dollar mistake the Bransens made by doing the log rolling instead of curling?

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-14-05, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Linz family chooses guy instead of Megan for trapeze"
That one made me go "huh?". Plus, Megan really wanted to do it. She really perked up when they read the clue. Bummer for her!

Sigs by Cyg

universityofkentuckyrocks 2575 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

12-14-05, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail universityofkentuckyrocks Click to send private message to universityofkentuckyrocks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Not So Move of the Week"
The Not So Move of the Week had to of been Mama Weaver sleeping instead of looking for the clue. I think that cost them. The Bransen's log thing was not that big of a mistake, neither was the Linzies decision, neith the Branson end up an hour behind.

Mama Weaver cost those darn Weaver's a chance.

I hate everybody in the Weaver family but Rolly!

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-14-05, 07:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Not So Move of the Week"
Well, the bunching at the stadium negated what was a really dumb choice by the Linzes to have Alex on the trapeze. So I think the ultimate Not So Move has to be the Weavers basically mailing in their race after the flight to Toronto.

"Give me liberty . . . or a bran muffin!" --Colin Mochrie, "Whose Line"

pedantic 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-15-05, 01:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pedantic Click to send private message to pedantic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Not So Move of the Week"
I'm still trying to figure out how the Weavers dropped so far behind. It's hard to tell with the editing they do how far they were behind, but they were only 10 minutes behind the Bransens. And were right behind the Linzes coming into Toronto. And infact the Linzes let the Weavers leave before them (which I think was one of the best moves during the entire race).

Okay... just watched them driving away. Looks like the Bransens and Linzes realized La Tour CN was that big spikey thing sticking up from the middle of the city. The Weavers not knowing this, asked for directions.

The Weavers weren't that far behind, by the time the Bransens left for their detour the Weavers were pulling in. And the Bransens were probably seconds behind the Linzes at the Detour box.

By the time the Weavers got to the sail boat, I didn't think they were that far behind. They could see the Linzes climbing, and were fairly close. So not more than 10 minutes behind the Linzes.

However, I think the Bransens were maybe only 5 minutes behind the Linzes getting to the boat ramp. And the two teams passed each other as the Linzes turn after picking up the clue. The Bransens in turned would have seen the Weavers if my guesstimates were correct. The Weavers must have been much futher behind. I guess they got lost driving?

Even then, there is some question about the Weaver's ability to solve the final roadblock.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •