The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"YES!!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-14-05, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"YES!!!"
Sorry, but I was just so relieved that the Linzes won and the Weavers lost that I had to speak.

Could the Weavers have been anymore obnoxious with their cab driver? Ted! Ted! Oh, Ted! I thought they might all be having sex with him.

Moves courtesy of Syren

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: YES!!! blacknwhitedog 12-14-05 1
   RE: YES!!! Cygnus X1 12-14-05 2
   RE: YES!!! Tahj 12-14-05 4
 RE: YES!!! Judd_blowz 12-14-05 3
   RE: YES!!! HistoryDetective 12-14-05 5
       RE: YES!!! tvgeek401 12-14-05 6
       RE: YES!!! qwertypie 01-11-06 23
   RE: good post Judd goldie1000 12-19-05 18
   RE: YES!!! edbro69 01-05-06 21
       RE: YES!!! Lisa0116 01-06-06 22
 RE: YES!!! bystander 12-14-05 7
 RE: YES!!! mysticwolf 12-14-05 8
 Good for them! PagongRatEater 12-15-05 9
   RE: Good for them! geg6 12-15-05 10
       RE: Good for them! Snidget 12-15-05 11
       RE: Good for them! Lisa0116 12-16-05 12
 RE: YES!!! bigrock 12-16-05 13
 RE: YES!!! nuke2005 12-17-05 14
   RE: YES!!! quiller 12-17-05 15
       RE: YES!!! PagongRatEater 12-18-05 16
           RE: YES!!! Tahj 12-19-05 17
           RE: YES!!! Desert Jedi 12-19-05 19
   RE: YES!!! aquariaqueen 12-21-05 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-14-05, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: YES!!!"
I thought just the opposite. I was mad the Linzes won. I thought they were mean. I wish a team with kids had won, instead of a team with 3 adult males.

2005 PhoenixMons

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-05, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: YES!!!"
Yep, so mean that they're giving half of the million to their parents.

If that's mean, I don't want to be holy.

12-14-05, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: YES!!!"
Yeah, I see your point. You would have thought the show might have tried to level the playing field some for the kids involve and given them more of a chance to win. I would have loved it if the Gaghans had won.

Instead, it came down to the usual demographic of twenty-something men and women.

Moves courtesy of Syren

Judd_blowz 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-14-05, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Judd_blowz Click to send private message to Judd_blowz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: YES!!!"
I agree 100%! Strange that a mother who professes such Christain faith would allow her two daughters to run all over this country in what appeared to be nothing more than panties that were three sizes too small.

The Weavers are not Christians, they pretend to be, but they are not. They were too vindictive and spiteful. Did they forget Jesus's teaching regarding turning the other cheek? And they really ran that whole "My dad/husband was killed at a race track" story into the ground(no pun intended).

Also, the whole "Whaa Whaaa Whaaa, everyone is against us, please feel sorry for us" crap wore thin about the second time they pulled it! They seem to forget, THEY started the crap that led to bad feelings between them and the other teams.

I think mama Weaver needs to break out her Bible and take a refresher course on Christian life.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-05, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: YES!!!"
Did they forget Jesus's teaching regarding turning the other cheek?

I think that Kim and Amber Weaver showed us all more than enough cheek, thank you very much.

Sigs by Tribephyl and Syren. Bouncie by IceCat. One and Only WeinerGuy.
journal

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-14-05, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: YES!!!"
My watching buddy and I also noticed the excessive love for Ted. We got into an argument about who Ted would have sex with first...

Was it just me or did he start mentioning God more after they talked about how they were Christians, too?

my very own paint disaster!
I finally figured out the Kim/Amber thing.

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-06, 00:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: YES!!!"
Did they forget Jesus's teaching regarding turning the other cheek?

I think that Kim and Amber Weaver showed us all more than enough cheek, thank you very much.

SNORT! (and diet Coke goes up QWERTYPIE's nose)

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

goldie1000 1087 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-19-05, 07:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail goldie1000 Click to send private message to goldie1000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: good post Judd"
>
>I think mama Weaver needs to
>break out her Bible and
>take a refresher course on
>Christian life.

AMEN !!

Refresher course ?
Heck she needs bible study classes !

edbro69 5 desperate attention whore postings

01-05-06, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail edbro69 Click to send private message to edbro69 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: YES!!!"
What a mean spirited tack you take. It,s so easy to cheer the linzes, 4 healthy young adults in the peak of condition. The weavers struggled with a middle aged woman, two weak daughters and a young boy. The Linzes should be ashamed that for most of the race they were beat by a 14 year boy who carried his family practically alone. A real hero in my estimation. They lost because they simply ran out of strength in the stadium.
Don't question the Weavers Christianity. That right belongs to God alone.

Ed Brown Verdun Montreal

Lisa0116 688 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-06-06, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisa0116 Click to send private message to Lisa0116 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: YES!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 01-06-06 AT 04:41 PM (EST)

>What a mean spirited tack you
>take. It,s so easy to
>cheer the linzes, 4 healthy
>young adults in the peak
>of condition. The weavers struggled
>with a middle aged woman,
>two weak daughters and a
>young boy. The Linzes should
>be ashamed that for most
>of the race they were
>beat by a 14 year
>boy who carried his family
>practically alone. A real hero
>in my estimation. They lost
>because they simply ran out
>of strength in the stadium.
>
>Don't question the Weavers Christianity. That
>right belongs to God alone.
>
>
>Ed Brown Verdun
>
> Montreal

We get our mean spirited streak from watching the Weavers. Mom Weaver is not a frumpy middle aged housewidow. Didn't take her long to stop grieving her last husband and get engaged, either. Those girls would have not been so weak if they were wearing clothes that fit instead of spandex 4 sizes too small. Rolly didn't carry anyone-but he was the nicest of the four. If anyone did the work, it was the mother for leading the team-children will mind their parent and that was the advantage they had over the other teams to get them as far as they got. Of course when she is leading them to criticize others then she lost the guise of christianity.

bystander 4968 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

12-14-05, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: YES!!!"
I thought they might all be having sex with him.

He's not my type, thank you very much!

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-05, 09:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: YES!!!"
"Could the Weavers have been anymore obnoxious with their cab driver?"

Oh come on! We're talking about the Weavers, here. Of course they could be more obnoxious! It's their specialty.

Bad Wolf! by PM

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

12-15-05, 01:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Good for them!"
As someone has already alluded, the Linzes certainly did show their true colors after the race was over. I thought I would be unhappy with tht result but when Wally called them upstanding kids, and then Phil refers to their integrity on the Early Show AND you see what they did with their money after winning, I become more and more convinced that they aren't the total meatheads that they looked like at times. After all, if I'm willing to forgive (some) of the Weaver's behavior because they ARE teens and pre-teens, why wouldn't I let the Linz family slide on braggadocio and smack talk when they are just acting like 20 year olds do.

If you missed what they did with the money - HALF of it went immediately to their parents. I'm betting that any parents of 7 children worked hard and gave up a lot for their kids, so I really admire the fact that they recognized and appreciated that. The other half was split evenly between all 7 siblings. They all wanted to participate and the kids recognized that as well.

So, winning the Amazing Race added up to all of $40,000 after tax dollars. Very impressive and incredibly mature for those kids to handle it the way they did.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

12-15-05, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Good for them!"
I could not have said how I feel about the Linzes any better than you did, PRE. Exactly.

I'm such a slut for the blues.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

12-15-05, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Good for them!"
Yep, they were occasionally meatheads and typical 20-somethings, but they do seem to demonstrate on a number of occasions that their hearts do seem to be in the right place.

I think that is one of the issues that people have with reality TV people in general. If you can at some point let us really see the good in you (rather than just tell us all about it, I come from the Show Me state, don't just tell me how loving and giving and truthful and fair you are, let me see it) it does change the perspective one has about the people.

That whole do they have that moment in time that redeems them (and we all know they love the redemption edit for a lot of the story telling on Reality shows). Now for some people the amount of redemption needed for most of the viewing public is probably more than any one human can actually do. Some things just leave such a bad taste in the mouth that it doesn't matter what you do afterward, people are still going to go yuck.

Different people find different things redeeming, and that is part of the spice of talking about the people on the boards with others.

2005 Holiday Sig Shop. I've been Nutzed!

Lisa0116 688 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-16-05, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisa0116 Click to send private message to Lisa0116 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Good for them!"
Here, Here!!!

bigrock 127 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-16-05, 09:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bigrock Click to send private message to bigrock Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: YES!!!"
They are very real and salt of the earth kudos to them!

I AIN'T SKEERED!?!

nuke2005 2 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-05, 00:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nuke2005 Click to send private message to nuke2005 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: YES!!!"
I find it really appalling that so many people were so quick to be critical of the Weavers as soon as they mentioned the word GOD and made it clear they are christians. It's like people are afraid of christians. I thought this was a country that had freedom of religion...seems to me that there are an aweful lot of restrictions of that freedom. I found it very comforting that there are people in this world that are not ashamed of Christ and will stand up and say "I am a christian" and pray on national television.

quiller 268 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-17-05, 01:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail quiller Click to send private message to quiller Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: YES!!!"
umm, I don't think it was that people didn't like them because they were Christian. I personally didn't like that they constantly SAID they were Christian and BE:HAVED in a very Unchristian manner. Throwing garbage at people, calling the Paolo boy a retard, laughing cause Mr. Paolo is a garbageman, telling the guy at Yellowstone park to slow the next team down (forget who that was). None of those things are Christian behavior. IMHO if they had behaved in a way that follows the tenets that Christ invoked, then most people would not have had a problem with them saying they were Christian.

cause this is what I do when I am NOT watching SO or posting on this board.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-05, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: YES!!!"
I agree. I consider myself a strong Christian and WANTED to root for the Weavers, but their behavior did not make them great spokespeople for the ideals that they claim to represent.

12-19-05, 11:43 AM (EST)
17. "RE: YES!!!"
Yeah, I felt like the Weavers were using their Christianity as a badge of honor against the other ungodly teams so they were entitled to a certain superiority or arrogance which then made their deplorable behavior OK. Of course, that could just be my own projection.

Moves courtesy of Syren

Desert Jedi 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-19-05, 11:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Desert%20Jedi Click to send private message to Desert%20Jedi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: YES!!!"
Were you wanting to root for them "because" they were Christian? This is why I think the few that did like them supported the team to a fault. The Christian team against a bushel of hethens LOL. Even funnier when I would reason that at least 75% of the teams starting the race were Christian as well.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

12-21-05, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: YES!!!"
It was kinda like saying "I'm a vegetarian" while gnawing on a chicken leg!!!!!!!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •