The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"disappointed in TAR Family Edition"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-14-05, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"disappointed in TAR Family Edition"
I *heart* TAR usually, and I didn't mind that they stayed in North America. But I wish a team with kids had won. I didn't like the Lintz family. I thought they were mean and arrogant.

So instead of a team with 2 guys- a team with 3 guys wins- all adults. I think when they made it family edition- at least one member of each team should have had to be age 16 or under.

I was rooting for the Blacks or the Gaugans or even the Weavers- go Rolly!

Oh well, back to regular TAR next!

2005 PhoenixMons

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: disappointed in TAR Family Edit... ginger 12-14-05 1
 RE: disappointed in TAR Family Edit... Puffy 12-14-05 2
 RE: disappointed in TAR Family Edit... dms666 12-14-05 3
   RE: disappointed in TAR Family Edit... ginger 12-14-05 4
       RE: disappointed in TAR Family Edit... nailbone 12-16-05 17
 RE: disappointed in TAR Family Edit... Cyndimaus 12-14-05 5
 RE: disappointed in TAR Family Edit... HistoryDetective 12-14-05 6
   RE: disappointed in TAR Family Edit... Fishercat 12-14-05 7
   RE: disappointed in TAR Family Edit... Estee 12-14-05 8
       RE: disappointed in TAR Family Edit... ginger 12-14-05 9
   RE: disappointed in TAR Family Edit... geg6 12-15-05 15
 RE: disappointed in TAR Family Edit... gofrank151 12-14-05 10
 RE: disappointed in TAR Family Edit... Max Headroom 12-14-05 11
   RE: disappointed in TAR Family Edit... cipher5150 12-15-05 13
 bawdy cqvenus 12-14-05 12
   RE: bawdy nailbone 12-16-05 18
 RE: disappointed in TAR Family Edit... zipperhead 12-15-05 14
   RE: disappointed in TAR Family Edit... Ryan DeMaster 12-15-05 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-05, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: disappointed in TAR Family Edition"
Yes, this entire season just SUCKED. And while I prefer a Linz victory to a Weaver win, it is not surprising and a perfect example of why this family edition was a bad concept that the 20-somethings of similar (adult) age won.

Had the Gaghans won, we would have had a true "family team" victory. And that little Gaghan girl DESERVED to win, dagnabbit!

Still bitter for my poor little Clarissa.

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-05, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: disappointed in TAR Family Edition"
I agree. I would have liked to see more teams with parents and younger children. At least they didn't have a sprint to the finish. It was more a mental challenge to the finish.

dms666 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-14-05, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dms666 Click to send private message to dms666 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: disappointed in TAR Family Edition"
My wife and I despised the very concept of this season's TAR. We watched the first episode and gave up. TAR WAS the best reality program out there, until now.

They should just stick to the basics:
- great foreign, exotic locations
- no "family" editions
- no stunt casting (Allison from Big Brother...gimme a break!)
- real challenging detours and roadblocks

12-14-05, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: disappointed in TAR Family Edition"
Agreed. And I NEVER want to see a Yield during a nonelim leg, ever again.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: disappointed in TAR Family Edition"
I SO agree with that!!! It just defeats the whole purpose of the yield. And provides further proof that EPTB wanted to keep the Weavers around awhile longer for the drama.

Sig by Slice

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-14-05, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: disappointed in TAR Family Edition"
Yeah, I was really hoping the Gaghans would have won. Once they were eliminated I went to just hoping the Weavers wouldn't win. I agree that they should have had at least one member of the team an actual kid. Carissa was great and I bet she would have done just fine for the rest of the race. (and probably would have found one of those boxes in the stadium pretty quickly, too)

Sigs by Cyg

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-05, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: disappointed in TAR Family Edition"
But I wish a team with kids had won.

I don't understand the fascination with the snotnoses. They couldn't Philiminate the ankle-biting crumbcatchers fast enough for my taste.

Sigs by Seana and Syren. Bouncie by IceCat. One and Only WeinerGuy.
journal

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-14-05, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: disappointed in TAR Family Edition"
Glad I'm not the only one.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-05, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: disappointed in TAR Family Edition"
Of course you don't understand, non-breeder.

12-14-05, 03:11 PM (EST)
9. "RE: disappointed in TAR Family Edition"
DAMN. She beat me to that.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

12-15-05, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: disappointed in TAR Family Edition"
LAST EDITED ON 12-15-05 AT 03:05 PM (EST)

Word, HD.

If I wanted to watch a bunch of kids driving their parents crazy, I'd have had my own.

And considering the "kids" they served up, if I wasn't planning on a blissful life of childlessness before the Weavers would have convinced me to never breed for fear of turning out something even remotely as horrible as those spawn of Satan.

I'd rather be dead than be saddled with a Weaver-type kid.

I'm such a slut for the blues.
I'll make an exception for Carissa and her brother, both children their parents should take great pride in.

ETA: I'm still confused as to how anyone can think the Linzes were mean or arrogant in any way. Once the Gaghans were gone, they were the only family that really seemed to enjoy what the race was all about. And what they have done with their winnings just goes to show who the real Christians were in this race.

gofrank151 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-14-05, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gofrank151 Click to send private message to gofrank151 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: disappointed in TAR Family Edition"
I didn't mind it...although I do think they should require every team to have 2 actual, real live, KIDS on them. I would say 2 under 17. Equal burden!

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-05, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: disappointed in TAR Family Edition"
LAST EDITED ON 12-14-05 AT 04:20 PM (EST)

TARFE was just another example of an alpha team winning. As soon as the teams were announced, before any spoilers, the Linz family was the obvious choice to be winners. Even as STOOPID as they were, they made all the plays they needed and won the leg that counted. Color me not surprised.

Edited to fix tpyos

cipher5150 166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-15-05, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cipher5150 Click to send private message to cipher5150 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: disappointed in TAR Family Edition"
While I also am not surprised that the alpha team won I am reminded that the Linzs came awfully close to being the first team eliminated...

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-05, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "bawdy"

i *heart* you. but the weavers? bleh. they were rotten, rotten kids. and the mom was no better. friggin hypocrite, that lady.

anyway... i wanted the gagans to win it, too. their kids had such fightin' spirit. but the blacks' kids were a couple of friggin' whiners.

i can't root for kids just b/c they are kids.

some kids are rotten kids. it may be their parents' fault, but all the same i'd rather not let them think the way they act is okay by awarding their family a million friggin dollars.

~ cq
FWIW, agrees with HD: the kids couldn't leave fast enough for me.

hell, this whole season couldn't -end- fast enough for me.

countdown to TAR in feb! back to normal!

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-05, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: bawdy"
but the blacks' kids were a couple of friggin' whiners.

Racist.

Sig by Slice

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

zipperhead 3442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-15-05, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zipperhead Click to send private message to zipperhead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: disappointed in TAR Family Edition"
I hope everyone realizes that if a team with kids had won, we would see more TAR-family editions in the future. Since no "kid" team won, I'm not so sure that the producers are in any hurry to do this again.

Ryan DeMaster 228 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-15-05, 08:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ryan%20DeMaster Click to send private message to Ryan%20DeMaster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: disappointed in TAR Family Edition"
I disagree. Even if one of the "kid" teams had won, the producers would still see the ratings, note that they had dipped from 5/6/7, and then never done an FE again.

I think the finale really could have used one of those teams as the plucky underdogs to make it even better. The Weavers could have been that team, but they had acted like such @$$holes earlier on that no one really liked them by the finale.

~ 11 weeks and counting until Tbe Amazing Race 9... ~

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •