The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Varner still giving stuff away?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-12-01, 01:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Varner still giving stuff away?"
Here is a link to an interview with Vermin from some newspaper in Pittsburg...Vermin was there to promote S3 auditions.

I'll post the link and the text....there are at least two things of interest in there...

http://www.triblive.com/entertainment/entertainment_story.html?rkey=112664+sid=85e071512ec68c3dcf90920a7cf84169+cat=entertainment-tvradio-news+template=entertainment.html

And now the full text...

Kyla Feliz-Williams, 7, of Upper St. Clair grimaces at her mother Tuesday as former 'Survivor: The Australian Outback' contestant Jeff Varner signs an autograph for her. (Christopher Horner/Tribune-Review photo)

They've hissed Jerri Manthey. They've cheered Amber Brkich. Or sneered at her for being Jerri's puppet.

Tuesday, producers of "Survivor" gave local fans the chance to tell them how much better they would do things. How they would avoid the mistakes of Beaver County's Brkich, one of six finalists competing for the $1 million prize. How their day jobs as cop or chemist, student or secretary, was simply a dress rehearsal for a starring role in "Survivor III."

Drawn by the popularity of "Survivor: The Australian Outback," and the prospect of meeting a Survivor - namely hunky Jeff Varner, Web-site producer - area hopefuls visited car dealerships in five locations in Pittsburgh yesterday. Each had three minutes to talk about themselves in front of a video camera.

Varner's first stop was at Cochran Pontiac in Robinson Township.

In case you've been camping out with Amelia Earhart for the past year and a half, the "Survivor" series is part eco-challenge, part soap opera. Divided into two tribes, 16 strangers compete against each other in contests of brain and brawn, called immunity challenges. The losing tribe must vote a member out. The last survivor wins the $1 million prize.

One of those hoping to be a future "Survivor" cast member was Carlos Schrader. The City of Pittsburgh policeman and S.W.A.T. team member says he thinks he has what it takes to survive with 15 strangers for weeks on end.

"My kids have been busting my chops about this," he says. "They're saying `You can do it, Dad.'"

Nobody stepped forward to dispute this point. Schrader, who skydives, kayaks and teaches boxing, looks like he could bench press Wilkinsburg.

"I enjoy the show. I can play the game. I get lied to every day: `I didn't run that red light.' `I didn't steal that money.'"

"I put on some weight just in case I get picked," he says. "I'm just pre-strategizing."

Jennifer Weinberg, 30, of Shadyside used her lunch hour to chat with Varner and pose for a picture or two.

"I was very depressed when you got kicked off," she told him.

"A lot of people tell me that," Varner replied. "I don't know why."

Jeff Varner visits Cochran Pontiac in Robinson on Tuesday to offer his insights on auditions for 'Survivor III.' (Christopher Horner/Tribune-Review photo)

Because Varner expected the worst, he says the Outback ordeal wasn't as bad as he thought it would be.

"I expected it to be a nightmare," he says. "I expected it to be difficult."

Don't make him dis the rival tribe that voted him off. Oh, what the heck. "Ogakor was boring. Kucha did well," he says, because "we had a work ethic. We worked hard. Everybody had their job to do. We worked hard to improve the camp every day. Everybody tried to fish."

Despite a case of strep throat, Varner says the toughest part was leaving the game. "They put you on a truck," he says. "They had about 50 of these feeder sandwiches and I ate 30. Then, when we got back to the (lodge), I had a pizza, two cheeseburgers and a bowl of grits. Then I realized I was sick, and I didn't eat for two days."

Those who were voted out were not allowed to hang around, he told fans. So he went to China.

"We had to get out. They wanted us to get out and travel before the next person that was voted off came off the game. They wanted to have everything in their power. Which failed. Because we all know what happened."

His advice for the next batch of would-be "Survivors": "Just to constantly be on their toes for things going on around them. Have their eyes and ears open at all times and act like they don't. I mean, it sounds awful to say, but it's important. There comes a point where you're going to have to lie."

Karen Williams of Upper St. Clair tried a little strategy of her own on Varner. She gave him a copy of Entertainment Weekly to autograph. One of the more recent issues, it didn't have his picture among the six remaining finalists.

"Where do I sign?" he said.

"Sign on the face of the winner," she said.

Varner only grinned.

Pittsburgh is one of 16 cities where producers conducted interviews. The producers will choose 50 possible contestants from each of the 16 cities. That number will be winnowed down to 48 semi-finalists who will be flown to Los Angeles in May or June to meet with "Survivor" producers.

One more thing: Applicants should not assume that CBS will bypass Pittsburgh just because they've already used someone from this area. Varner says he and Kelly Wiglesworth from the first "Survivor" are from the same small town in North Carolina.

William Loeffler can be reached at (412) 320-7986 or wloeffler@tribweb.com.

'Survivor' scoops

Keith Famie might be the chef, but ex-"Survivor" Jeff Varner has the best dish. Here's what he had to spill on his fellow Outback inmates.

Kel Gleason: Army intelligence officer, voted out Week 2. Gleason has since said his military code of honor forbade him to tell lies like the others. "I respect it, but Kel was the second to be voted off," Jeff says.

Kimmi Kappenberg: Vegetarian and dirt-bather. Voted out in Week 5, but not before she let it slip to the rival Ogakor Tribe that Jeff already had a vote against him in a previous tribal council. Two weeks later, they exploited that chink in Jeff's armor and voted him out. Despite the "very large mouth" that got him booted, Jeff says he and Kimmi are friends today. "Very much so," he says. "I cussed her out on the airplane and got it out of my system."

Michael Skupin: Software executive and pig-killer, evacuated in Week 6 after severely burning hands in a campfire accident. "It was really awful. He was always into something that was off the wall. When they said `It's Michael,' I thought, `What's that idiot done now?' Then I saw what happened to him."

Alicia Calaway: Personal trainer and intimidator in a silver bikini. Voted off Week 8. "Alicia's very tough. She does not have patience or time with BS." Of all the "Survivor II" contestants, Jeff remains the closest with Alicia.

Jerri Manthey: Room-emptying actress wanna-be. Booted Week 9. In subsequent interviews, Jerri insisted she was made the villain by producers. "She's coming out to say she was edited evil," Jeff says. "That's a load of bull. She came off that way because America hates her."

Amber Brkich: Beaver County native and Jerri sidekick. Hanging in there, but imperiled by her closeness with Jerri. Don't count her out, Jeff says. "There's a follower in every group. You don't know what Amber will do in the coming weeks. She may kick into another gear. She's a silent threat, let's just say that."

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Analysis shakes the clown 04-12-01 1
   RE: Synchronized Clowns IceCat 04-12-01 2
       RE: Synchronized Clowns Lisapooh 04-12-01 3
   SynchroClownVision landruajm 04-12-01 4
   RE: Analysis brain 04-12-01 5
       RE: Analysis desert_rhino 04-12-01 6
           too funny d_r! :D n/m moonbaby 04-12-01 7
           RE: Analysis brain 04-12-01 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-12-01, 01:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Analysis"
LAST EDITED ON 04-12-01 AT 01:41 AM (EST)

>Those who were voted out were
>not allowed to hang around,
>he told fans. So he
>went to China.
>
>"We had to get out. They
>wanted us to get out
>and travel before the next
>person that was voted off
>came off the game. They
>wanted to have everything in
>their power. Which failed. Because
>we all know what happened."

....first of all, does this mean for sure that the Non-jury members never hung out with the jury members at the ranch? Also, what does that last line mean....does it mean that jeff knows what happened on the show or does that refer to the "deb's friends" spoiler and how that hurt the game...but, that seems to obscure to mention in that type of interview.

>Amber Brkich: Beaver County native and
>Jerri sidekick. Hanging in there,
>but imperiled by her closeness
>with Jerri. Don't count her
>out, Jeff says. "There's a
>follower in every group. You
>don't know what Amber will
>do in the coming weeks.
>She may kick into another
>gear. She's a silent threat,
>let's just say that."

.....notice the plural on the word "WEEKS". This article was written today, and the interview definitely happened post-E#10 so does this mean that Lamber will be around for at least a couple of weeks?

And what really sucks is that I was leaning towards picking Lamber this week...oh well, back to the drawing board.

Now, for your viewing pleasure.....synchronized clowns

>

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-12-01, 07:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Synchronized Clowns"
I caught myself singing 'It's a Small World After All'...

Seriously, though...

Ayak had some good insight to Varner's recent comments...

Ayak kinda felt that Varner might be getting coached on providing some disinformation. MB could very well have brought Varner in and read him the riot act after the Alicia gaff with Mr. Hatch.

It's amazing how much 'salt we have to take' with these people... It's gonna play havoc with the old blood pressure!

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-01, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Synchronized Clowns"
Dangit - I had pretty much settled on Amber going this week. I have to go into a three hour meeting in a couple of minutes so
y'all better have this thing figured out before I get back. (no pressure)

Man, I really thought it was gonna be Amber. I can't convince myself that Colby or Rodger goes yet.

landruajm 6040 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-01, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail landruajm Click to send private message to landruajm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "SynchroClownVision"
Wow. I'm at work, and now I can't get anything done because of the hypnotic effect of the synchroclowns. Darn you all to heck, Shakes.

I'm real interested in why the Herald went with Amber, when they admit they don't know what they're doing this week. What'd they do, poll their staff to come up with an answer?

Okay, I gotta go take some drugs to help me get over the clowns.

brain 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-12-01, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brain Click to send private message to brain Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Analysis"
LAST EDITED ON 04-12-01 AT 11:55 AM (EST)

Just heard Varner on the local AM sports talk show on my way to work. Thought I'd check in with this little bit of info that he let slip.

First, he reiterated that what was shown on camera is who they are. It might be a small part of their character, but it is there character.

Second, he alluded that we haven't seen all of Elizabeth yet.

Lastly, he never answered the burning question that all of America wants to know, "Elizabeth or Amber?"

Now the way I see it you can look at this a couple of different ways.

1.) Varner is telling the truth. If that is the case then Liz is almost assured of a Final 4 spot. Especially coupled with the Herald and a few other spoilers. It would giver her a couple of days to kick butt and then get the boot.

2.) Varner is a mole working for MB. If this is the case then Liz probably gets the boot in the next 2 weeks. Simple misdirection on this one. Say one thing when the opposite is going to happen.

3.) Varner just likes screwing with the minds of the American public and is randomly saying things to set people like us off, with half of his stuff being true and half of it not. Why? Because he's a closet sadist and is enjoying his 15 minutes.

And when asked if Kimmie is just an idiot, he sheepishly said yes.

You have got to love this guy

Take it for what you will

Brain

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-01, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Analysis"
*POIT!*

-- JV

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-01, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "too funny d_r! :D n/m"

brain 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-12-01, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brain Click to send private message to brain Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Analysis"
>*POIT!*

NARF, as my sister is fond of saying, would have also been exceptable

Brain

----------------
Doing the same thing everynight since 1993

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •