The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A.I. vs. Nashville Star"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flairmarq 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-08-05, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flairmarq Click to send private message to Flairmarq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"A.I. vs. Nashville Star"
I know I am opening a big huge can of worms here, but what do you like and dislike about the shows? Here is a quick comparison...

Style:

A.I.: Pop/Rock
Nashville Star: Country

Hosts:

A.I.: Ryan Seacrest
Nashvile Star: Leanne Rimes

Judges:

A.I.: Paula, Simon, Randy, and guest judge on occasion; judges are at times hard on the contestants

Nashville Star: Changes each year--basically praise

Format:

A.I.: Goes through entire process from beginning to end, encluding "bad singers"; uses the singers for commerical purposes

Nashville Star: Starts at the top 10 and goes down from there, no commercial tie ins; guest singer sings

Talent:

A.I.: The singers only sing; usually younger set

Nashville Star: The singer sings and can play any instrament they like; they are a cross section of ages

Voting:

The same

Anything either show should use? Do you like one over the other? The forum is open.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: A.I. vs. Nashville Star HuckleberryHound 03-08-05 1
   RE: A.I. vs. Nashville Star Flairmarq 03-10-05 2
 RE: A.I. vs. Nashville Star geg6 03-10-05 3
   RE: A.I. vs. Nashville Star HuckleberryHound 03-15-05 4
       RE: A.I. vs. Nashville Star geg6 03-16-05 5
           RE: A.I. vs. Nashville Star HuckleberryHound 03-28-05 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

HuckleberryHound 229 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-08-05, 05:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HuckleberryHound Click to send private message to HuckleberryHound Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: A.I. vs. Nashville Star"
I'll take a stab.

I prefer Nashville Star for the following reasons.
One: The performers actually have to write and sing their own music. This is more a compedtition for singer/songwriters: they are all really talented (some play instruments too).
Two: I don't like the audition process whereby everyone and their brother tries to get their 15 minutes, and in the process show their lack of talent.
Three: I don't like the fact that the judges get off on embarassing the performers. Low rent.

Just my opinion.
Anyone else?

Flairmarq 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-10-05, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flairmarq Click to send private message to Flairmarq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: A.I. vs. Nashville Star"
I just saw how they eliminate people on Nashville Star. They tell the person they are still in it, and they do their song for next week. I think its better than the stupid "results" show having a commerical every other minute and Seacrest teasing like crazy.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-10-05, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: A.I. vs. Nashville Star"
Just watched Nashville Star for the first time the other night. I'll preface this by saying I really don't like country music, so that's a problem for me right off.

Ryan Seacrest/LeAnne Rimes - much as I detest Seacrest, LeAnne Rimes is awful. Horrible, in fact. Somebody get this show a professional, please. She may be able to sing, but hosting? Fuhgeddaboudit!

The talent - about equal now that AI is allowing non-teenagers to compete. This year's top 12 is the best (well, excluding Makayla) ever. We really don't know if the AI contestants can play instruments since that is not a part of the competition. I'd be willing to bet that, at least, Bo and Constantine can play something. But I did like that NS allowed them to show that they are multitalented.

Judges - I like the AI judges. This is a talent contest in which the winner has the potential to make a huge career, a la Kelly or Clay. They give constructive criticism and even Simon's perceived meanness has a purpose. The NS judges are just cheerleaders and lechers, from what I saw. Nothing constructive to say at all. And, excuse me? Brett Michaels? What in the hell does he have to do with country music?

Format - I do like the NS format a little better. The way AI drags things out is ridiculous, however habit forming it may be. Although I think they should dump the guest performers.

In my book, AI comes out on top.

I'm such a slut for the blues.

03-15-05, 06:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HuckleberryHound Click to send private message to HuckleberryHound Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: A.I. vs. Nashville Star"
"Ryan Seacrest/LeAnne Rimes - much as I detest Seacrest, LeAnne Rimes is awful. Horrible, in fact. Somebody get this show a professional, please. She may be able to sing, but hosting? Fuhgeddaboudit!"

Well I disagree. I think Seacrest is just a no-talent cheese ball. LeAnn brings alot of crediblity to the show, and I think that for a person that has never done it before, she is getting better every week.

Thoughts?

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-16-05, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: A.I. vs. Nashville Star"
"LeAnn brings alot of crediblity to the show, and I think that for a person that has never done it before, she is getting
better every week."

I don't disagree with what you say about Seacrest. He is a cheeseball. I did say I detest him.

But...

I don't know what kind of credibility LeAnn Rimes brings to hosting. She has no clue what she is doing, doesn't know what kind of questions to ask, and doesn't listen to the answer. I watched it again and I fail to see any type of improvement. I have to assume that somewhere in Nashville, there is a radio DJ or Grand Old Opry host who would do a much better job. Between the lack of a decent host and the assinine judges, I cannot watch Nashville Star again despite the fact that some of the talent is good. It's just too painful.

I'm such a slut for the blues.

03-28-05, 06:23 PM (EST)
6. "RE: A.I. vs. Nashville Star"
Are you still watching?
IMHO, she is really improving from show to show.
And she really seems to have a chemistry with the contestants. She knows how hard it is to make it, and they seem to be able to relate to her. Pretty good...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •