The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Simon's early pick"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-02-05, 07:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Simon's early pick"
Simon told Seacrest he had already picked a favorite to win the competition but Ryan, suck that he is, failed to follow-up with the real question. Who?

Simon was interviewed on the local Fox affiliate last night and was asked the question. His answer?

Bo Bice. Or Mario Vazquez. Or Carrie Underwood. And after last night, Jessica Sierra.

So there ya go.

At this point, any of those four is allright by me. But I think I'm subconsciously rooting for a Nadia/Scott final 2.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Simon's early pick badger 03-02-05 1
   RE: Simon's early pick consise10 03-02-05 2
   RE: Simon's early pick seahorse 03-03-05 3
       RE: Simon's early pick PhoenixMons 03-03-05 4
           RE: Simon's early pick seahorse 03-03-05 5
               RE: Simon's early pick Spidey 03-03-05 6
                   RE: Simon's early pick true 03-03-05 7
                       RE: Simon's early pick seahorse 03-03-05 8
                           RE: Simon's early pick true 03-03-05 10
                   RE: Simon's early pick okaychatt 03-03-05 9
                       RE: Simon's early pick JOSHIDOL 03-03-05 11
 RE: Simon's early pick suziekay 03-03-05 12
   RE: Simon's early pick uberspoon 03-05-05 13
 RE: Simon's early pick munson 03-08-05 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-05, 08:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Simon's early pick"
this list isn't particularly surprising. the judges seem to love carrie and mario in particular. i think they are the "chosen ones" this season.

consise10 399 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-02-05, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail consise10 Click to send private message to consise10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Simon's early pick"
I watched Carries first audition on the first episode of American Idol down here in Australia the other night.They showed a home video of her back home on the "farm",she was saying how she`s not used to the "big city life".I recall Simon being impressed by Carrie,and Randy saying "Wow" he didn`t expect her to be so good.Simon described her as a 'country and western singer',saying that America needs a good one of those types.

I thought she was great,a true star!

Good luck Carrie,I hope you win it

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-03-05, 00:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Simon's early pick"
But Mario was one of the bottom four in the week two semifinals. I don't think he has a strong fan base outside of the judges.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

03-03-05, 01:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Simon's early pick"
Do we know that this was the bottom four? Ryan never said such a thing, as far as I recall. I know that's how the used to do things, but nothing has been said of a bottom anything this time around (except to say that so and so received the least # of votes and the other received the 2nd least # of votes). I would be very surprised if Vonzell and Mario were in any 'bottom 4' groupings at this point. I think that was just done for suspense, though I could be wrong.

Got blog?

03-03-05, 02:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Simon's early pick"
You could be right, they did not say so but I do believe they were the bottom four vote getters. Almost surely Travis would have been the next out, so I bet Mario was the 4th to lowest vote getter.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-05, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Simon's early pick"
I agree with PM here. I don't think there is any way to know if they were the bottom 4 or not. Personally, I think they are purposely avoiding letting us know the lower vote getters who are not eliminated during the semis.

Of course, that's not to say Travis & Mario weren't somewhere in the bottom, but I'd be very surprised if Mario did not make the finals.

Travis, not so much, even though I like him way better than Mario. I svck at predicting how America will vote.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-05, 08:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Simon's early pick"
I agree with Spidey and PM. No way were they the bottom 4. They always throw in different peeps to keep it interesting.

03-03-05, 09:47 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Simon's early pick"
I disagree, for the most part in the past they have put up the lowest vote getters to get to eliminations.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-05, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Simon's early pick"
for the most part in the past they have put up the lowest vote getters to get to eliminations

What makes you think that? Unless they say that they are the lowest, I don't think it's the case at all. They put up people who you think "might" be the lowest, to build suspense, but unless they specify, it's just an assumption. Like I said elsewhere, the producers can, and do, IMO, manipulate the audience with the results shows.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-03-05, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Simon's early pick"
<purposely avoiding letting us know the lower vote getters who are not eliminated during the semis.

Agreed. The producers are not below deliberately giving out disinformation.

Perhaps they are going for the same kind of reaction that Ruben got when he was in the bottom four. The public went ballistic and got busy voting for Ruben.

Do I get any change from my $0.02 worth?

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

JOSHIDOL 275 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-03-05, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JOSHIDOL Click to send private message to JOSHIDOL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Simon's early pick"
I agree totally with what you said. I think they placed Mario there like they placed Ruben and last season the so called "Divas". They push who they eant on you and it does not matter if you vote or not, producers discretion, they choose who wins and I would say at this point, they are pushing Mario real hard.

suziekay 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-03-05, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suziekay Click to send private message to suziekay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Simon's early pick"
Simon's 4, well 2 of his 4, are my Favs too. I like Anthony over Mario and I like Nadio over Jessica. But that's just it, if Simons says who he would like to see win there are so many Simon haters out there they won't get the votes. I think Rany's favs are the rockers and Paula would just like to have a chior of all the contestants.

I think people learned that in season 2 when Simon kept picking on Clay. Even though Clay didn't win, He has been the most successful and has very devoted fans.

And in season 3 when the whole Diva thing was created. I was guilty of it too. I never liked Fantasia or Jennifer but I liked LaToya and voted for her untill I could see Simon setting her up to win. Then I quite voting for her.

uberspoon 173 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-05-05, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail uberspoon Click to send private message to uberspoon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Simon's early pick"
I think you just hit the nail on the head. I would guess that the producers and the judges have learned their lesson. Which is that the voters tend to bail on those most heavily hyped by the judges. Call it the Tamyra/ LaToya syndrome.
Only with Ruben did the judges pick their pony and ride him all the way to a win...and even then, he wound up being less successful than his runner up. AI2 is a weird season though, with even the 3rd and 4th place finishes having a certain degree of post-idol success. But I digress.

Whichever contestant it is that Simon wants to win, we'll not know outright for several more weeks. I can guarantee you, though...it's not Bo. Watch and see..the more popularity Bo begins to build, the more vicious and nitpicky Simon will become with his criticisms of him. I feel the same way about Jessica as well, they might love her now..but if she gets too close, Simon will turn on her. She's a little more Diana DeGarmo-ish than I think they'd want.

If I were to wager a guess on who they want to see win...my top 4 picks (in order) would be: Mario, Carrie, Anwar, or Nadia..with Nikko being an outside possibility.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-05, 11:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Simon's early pick"
Well, Simon narrowed his choices down a bit tonight when he annointed Carrie a finalist.

After three weeks, I believe we're getting a clear separation between contenders and pretenders, at least in the minds of the judges based on comments alone.

Personally, I think this is going to be an interesting season with a few shockers along the way. Please, please, please don't let Mikalah be this season's Nicki/Josh/JohnS....

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •