The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Yet another EZ board post, a long one so follow the link"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Casezille 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-11-01, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Casezille Click to send private message to Casezille Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Yet another EZ board post, a long one so follow the link"
Ya'll just need to read this cause I re-watched the first episode last night and it all goes along exactly with what this guy wrote. It's probably the best attempt I've seen to analyze the first episode so far. Things that make ya go hmmmmm...

http://pub53.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm2.showMessage?topicID=5558.topic

Casezille =)

I would let the vultures take you and do whatever they want with you

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Interesting indeed weltek 04-11-01 1
   RE: Interesting indeed brewerr 04-12-01 2
       Yes! Casezille 04-12-01 3
           RE: Yes! desert_rhino 04-12-01 4
 Bump HomeBrewer 05-03-01 5
   Resurrected from the dead Casezille 05-03-01 6
       TINA WON! Casezille 05-04-01 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-11-01, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Interesting indeed"
I think the person might be on to something, at least in theory. MB DID say that the clue is in what we DON'T see, and episode 1 is supposed to have the hidden clues, so I think this person is on the right track as far as investigating. Has anyone over here really analyzed the first episode for what we DON'T see?

brewerr 29 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-01, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brewerr Click to send private message to brewerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Interesting indeed"
since the first show was supose to be edited before the show series was completed, it would have been easy to dictate, show everyone equaly, exactly equaly.... then come and edit out just a few snippets.. and if you think editors don't count each cut away, each full face, reconsider. that is how actors are paid. i think this anaylsis says a lot.

04-12-01, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Casezille Click to send private message to Casezille Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Yes!"
Thank you both! I totally agree. I remember on the E! Survivor special when Probst was showing them around the crew/production area they showed the editing area too. They had AVID editors which are the easiest things to edit on. Just like you said, they can edit a whole show and easily go back and take out little snippets here and there. I had to work with AVIDs practically everyday in college. I even once completely redid a project of mine 15 minutes before it was due. So I totally agree he could have had the whole episode edited and then gone back after the show ended and changed it.

Casezille

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-12-01, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Yes!"
Yeah, I did my S3 Application video in Pinnacle's Studio, which is very similar to Avid's stuff. From opening the box to taping the final 3 minute video output was about 12-15 hours, INCLUDING sucking in 80 minutes of video, and learning the software from the ground up. Very easy to use, and I did a LOT of fun, cool tweaks, which probably doubled the time. I think a pro with the software could EASILY put together an (40 minute) episode from raw footage in a week or so, even with the amount of footage they have. Re-working an existing episode to highlight a certain person, or remove them entirely, would be simplicity itself.

-- JV

HomeBrewer 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-03-01, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HomeBrewer Click to send private message to HomeBrewer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Bump"
This one was buried, but I thought it deserved to get new life. Tina is still around. I maintain that Colby wins, but wanted more input on this subject.

“Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me.” -Winston Churchill

05-03-01, 03:49 PM (EST)
6. "Resurrected from the dead"
I loved this one...this was probably my favorite of all. This is what makes me think Tina wins it all....I guess we'll see tonight! casezille

05-04-01, 11:02 AM (EST)
7. "TINA WON!"

I just had to BUMP this cause without this analysis by TW I probably wouldn't have decided on Tina winning early on. I just had this feeling that she wouldn't have been edited this way unless she was AT LEAST in the final two. This also makes me beleive that Burn-it is full of crap about not knowing who won. yeah right. He knew as soon as that last show was done being taped and then edited the first episode knowing Tina won. Some may say it was just that Tina had nothing to say in the first 3 days, but I don't buy it. I was overall so happy with the way this show turned out, and that TINA WON!!! Can't wait for S3...LET THE GAMES BEGIN!! Casezille :smokin

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •