The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Official BARFE Summary: Episode 10; To Be Continued"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-02-05, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Official BARFE Summary: Episode 10; To Be Continued"
Welcome to the summary of episode 10 of The Amazing Race Family Edition as we push closer to the finish. Episode nine ended with the final four intact with the Linz, Weaver, Bransen, and Godlewski families fighting for the one million dollars waiting at the finish line. Let’s get started and find out where this train wreck takes us this week.

The Linz family left the pit stop at 12:34am and was given a clue to drive to Park City high school. They drive straight to the school as they remembered seeing it as they arrived the day before. The clue box is found and they find their next challenge will be to help a crew inflate a hot air balloon and take a ride over the Utah countryside. The air balloon rides start at 6:00am and will take off ten minutes apart. So, this means we have our very first bunching up so everyone will start on an even playing field. We should have known from last week and the Weavers getting yielded that they would have a way of catching up.

The Linz, Bransen and Googlewoogleski families are sleeping in their trailer at the high school when the Weaver family leaves the pit stop at 5:02am. Holy carp! The Linzs yield and the Weavers taking the long way to the pit stop had them almost 5 hours behind the front team! So, the Weavers make it to the high school as everyone is just getting up and ready to head out to the hot air balloon ride. When the Weaver family starts to go a little crazy. Mom Weaver jumps out of the truck shouting at the Linzs and asking if they are upset that they wasted their yield. As this conversation goes back and forth the goodywoodyskis are whispering to each other and one of them says, “What is wrong with her? Psycho?” Yes, the Weaver mom is a psycho, wicked, and delusional woman that needs to get on her knees and pray for forgiveness for screaming like an idiot. Also, mom Weaver needs to settle down because the yield served it’s purpose…they lost almost 5 hours and were in last place.

We see the families preparing their balloons to inflate. Rolly almost gets carried away…almost. He is holding a rope that is helping stabilize the balloon as it inflates and weighs a little more than he does. Everyone is up, up and away and the countryside is very pretty except for the view coming out of the Linzs balloon. The Bransens balloon is barreling toward them almost like an arrow approaching the red circle in the middle of a target. The two balloons graze each other but move on slowly. The Linz family reaches the ground first and gets the clue to drive 14 miles to Heber city and find Heber Valley Railway. The Bransens and goodietooshooskis land fine and they are off to the Heber Valley Railway but the Weavers are still in for a little ride. Their balloon lands on the side of a fairly steep hill and the basket they are riding in almost tips over. Geez, why couldn’t we have seen mom and Rolly rolling off the mountainside as we would have been jumping up and down high-fiving each other!

Detour

Spike it: In this part of the detour, the team will have to work with spikes and sledge hammers to complete a 20 foot section of a railway track. This might be tough physically but could take a shorter time to complete than “steam it”.

Steam it: The team will have to fill the tender of an old time steam engine with 400 pounds of coal by using buckets and wheel barrow. This would take time but isn’t as tough as “spike it”.

Everyone except the Weavers choose to “spike it” and work together to try and finish the task. The godlikelyski family gets into a little spat while Sharon and Christine exchanged words. Christine ends up crying and saying, “Don’t talk to me like I am an animal or something!” Christine, just keep crying and stop trying to help. I would tell my sisters to do it themselves. I am sure your sisters will let you take your backpack this time.

Then Linz boys tell their sister to just sit back and relax because she can’t really do anything. She gladly takes a breather as the Bransen women pretty much do the same thing as dad has found something he can do and not slow down the team.

The Weavers are running back and forth frantically as they are trying to move the coal into the steam engine. Rolly is running circles around his family as he kicks it in gear and dumps the coal into the engine.

The Linz family is the first to finish the task to find out they have to drive 148 miles to the Bonneville Salt Flats and find the tree of Utah (a sculpture). The Bransens leave second with the Weavers a close third behind them. The Mcbickerski family is still yapping at each other and falls into last place.

The three Itsherfaultski sisters try to blame Christine for everything of being in the way to her making the decision to choose this task. After finally taking all she can take, Christine finally stands up for herself and shouts, “We all did. Just stop it!” I hope the three sisters stop at a t-shirt shop on the way to the salt flats. They need a shirt that reads, “It’s her fault” with an arrow pointing to the side. Good grief!

The Linz family arrives at the salt flats first and gets the clue to drive 400 miles to Garden City and find Bear Lake Rendezvous Beach where the families will spend the night. The team’s arrival time will depend on their departure times the next morning. The departure times will begin at 8:30am and will have 15-minute intervals with the last team leaving at 9:15am. The Bransens, Weavers and shutthefvckupskis are heading towards the beach in that order.

Fast forward to the Bear Lake Rendezvous Beach and we find the Bransen family has arrived first and will be leaving on the coveted 8:30am time slot. The Weavers are second and the Chrismadeuscomeinthirdski family will be leaving at 9:00am. The Linz family arrives last due to a production problem as their battery had gone down and they had to get a replacement. Ok, this is twice now to happen. What are the production people doing or are they trying manipulate the outcome? They should all be fired!

All teams are now driving 137 miles to Big Piney, Wyoming and will locate the Dunham Ranch near the Green River. The Linzs know they have to put the pedal to the metal and let it roll!

Roadblock

The Bransen family arrived at the ranch to find the roadblock nothing more than herding cattle. Two members of each team will work with one of the ranch hands to herd 6 cattle from a holding pen to a corral a quarter of a mile away. Beth and Lauren are the two to do the herding while dad gives them encouragement with, “Don’t be afraid to ride them!” Yo Wally, is this the same advice you are going to give them on their wedding night? I don’t think it is a good thing to tell your daughter but that may just be me.

The Bransens finish the task and find they now have to drive to Yellowstone National Park and watch one eruption of Old Faithful. They have 190 miles to go and find out that Old Faithful erupts every 92 minutes so any team that doesn’t make the first time will be at least an hour and a half behind.

Here is the best part where the sisters miss the road to go into the ranch and have to turn around. Three sisters get out of the truck to help give directions to the one driving. One says ok…turn it to the left. The truck moves about a foot and then one scream NO THAT’S THE WRONG WAY! Go straight! They go back and forth and almost have all four of them in tears as a cowboy drives up and turns it around for them.

Rebecca and Rachel had no problem for the Weaver family as they had the cattle herded and headed out as the wecantdriveskis entered. On the way out of the narrow country road the Weavers encounter the linz family and at first neither wanted to budge but finally the Linzs pulled aside to let the Weavers pass. Mom Weaver says, “They’re so icky…I can’t stand them”. While Megan says, “They are so rude!” I have kept my mouth shut long enough about the Weavers who supposedly are Christians and yet they can’t say a nice word to/about anyone. Boy, they bring new meaning to cast the first stone! Megan needs to look in the mirror when she wants to see someone so rude. I don’t mind people being open about their Faith but don’t say one thing and let actions show us differently.

The googoogawgawski and Linz families finish the task and head off to Yellowstone National Park. The Bransens reach Yellowstone to find out they have about 40 minutes before the next eruption and they are hoping they can get a 90 minute head start on the other teams but the rowdy Christians show up and spoil the party. The two teams watch the eruption and get their next clue to drive to the ranch at 15200 where Phil would be waiting.

The wemissedtheblowski and Linz families are only a couple minutes away as the eruption takes place. One of the sisters actually sees the eruption and wonders if that was it. Well, it was, as they now have to wait for another 90 minutes before they can head out.

The Weavers and Bransens race off to find Phil at the ranch at 15200. They are neck and neck as each team tries to get the upper hand in order to come in first place. Phil is sitting on a fence waiting for the first team to hit the mat. The race was very close but the Bransens beat the Weavers but Phil called all of them onto the mat to tell them this leg of the race isn’t over and hands them their next clue…

TO BE CONTINUED!

I finally blogged

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Great Summary Vols! universityofkentuckyrocks 12-02-05 1
 RE: Official BARFE Summary: Episode... Cygnus X1 12-02-05 2
 RE: Official BARFE Summary: Episode... Max Headroom 12-02-05 3
 RE: Official BARFE Summary: Episode... Lisa0116 12-02-05 4
 RE: Official BARFE Summary: Episode... strid333 12-02-05 5
   RE: Official BARFE Summary: Episode... goldie1000 12-02-05 6
 RE: Official BARFE Summary: Episode... ARnutz 12-02-05 7
 RE: Official BARFE Summary: Episode... Seana 12-02-05 8
 Fantastic Jims02 12-03-05 9
 RE: Official BARFE Summary: Episode... smartguy24 12-03-05 10
 RE: Official BARFE Summary: Episode... mysticwolf 12-04-05 11
 RE: Official BARFE Summary: Episode... buckeyegirl 12-05-05 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

universityofkentuckyrocks 2575 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

12-02-05, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail universityofkentuckyrocks Click to send private message to universityofkentuckyrocks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Great Summary Vols!"
Excellent summary Vols!

My favorite part:Yes, the Weaver mom is a psycho, wicked, and delusional woman that needs to get on her knees and pray for forgiveness for screaming like an idiot. Also, mom Weaver needs to settle down because the yield served it’s purpose…they lost almost 5 hours and were in last place.

Yep I agreed with that too!

ukrocks got a blog!

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-05, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Official BARFE Summary: Episode 10; To Be Continued"
All your different names for the Hockalewski sisters were great! Nicely done, Doc!

"Give me liberty . . . or a bran muffin!" --Colin Mochrie, "Whose Line"

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-05, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Official BARFE Summary: Episode 10; To Be Continued"
Very good summary, indeed! My personal favorite name variation is GodSHREWskis. Maybe that will make the next summary?

Lisa0116 688 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-02-05, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisa0116 Click to send private message to Lisa0116 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Official BARFE Summary: Episode 10; To Be Continued"
LAST EDITED ON 12-02-05 AT 04:52 PM (EST)

Good summary. I would have written something about the Weavers sliding on their butts down the hill-I think they got something shoved up there (further than it already was) on the way down. Oh yeah, and I don't think Megan is rude-I love those college kids!!!

I love the Godlewski name change stuff-too funny!! I have noticed on The Finish Line that Jon Weiss keeps calling them the Godlewinskis. I think he must have a thing for Monica.....

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-02-05, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Official BARFE Summary: Episode 10; To Be Continued"
Very good summary!

Three is the perfect number.

goldie1000 1087 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-02-05, 07:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail goldie1000 Click to send private message to goldie1000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Official BARFE Summary: Episode 10; To Be Continued"
Excellent Summary !!

I wasn't expecting the - To Be Continued, at the end of the show.

Handcrafted by Tribephyl

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-05, 07:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Official BARFE Summary: Episode 10; To Be Continued"
Yay!!! Good job! ...and well worth the wait.

I also enjoyed all the name changes to the Gawdawfulooskee whiners!

Wholesome christmas traditions by Bob!

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-05, 08:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Official BARFE Summary: Episode 10; To Be Continued"
Thanks so much, vols!

I liked:

I am sure your sisters will let you take your backpack this time.

and the Godlewski sister name changes. Good job!

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-05, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Fantastic"
Nice job, Vols.

I really liked how you changed the Godlewskis names every single time. Every change was great. I like "Itsherfaultski" the best.

smartguy24 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-03-05, 07:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smartguy24 Click to send private message to smartguy24 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Official BARFE Summary: Episode 10; To Be Continued"
Hang on a minute a now...Megan rude? Since when?

Great review though...Godlewski name changes were priceless.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

12-04-05, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Official BARFE Summary: Episode 10; To Be Continued"
Nice job, vols! Totally enjoyed your name changes for the Pleasestopscreamingskis.

Bad Wolf! by PM

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

12-05-05, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Official BARFE Summary: Episode 10; To Be Continued"
I need a Sharkie to wipe up all the diet coke I spewed while laughing. Vols, you did much better then I could've ever dreamed of for this episode. Thanks sooo much for switching with me.
I lvoed, lvoed, lvoed, every word!

My Very Own J-Slice!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •