The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Story Competition Website"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

volmel 362 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-15-01, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volmel Click to send private message to volmel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Story Competition Website"
In order to keep the wonderful entries from slipping to the second page, where they may be missed, I have created a web page to keep them all together. If you want, e-mail me your entry at volmel@yahoo.com just in case I miss the story here on the boards. If you find any errors, don't hesitate to point them out to me!!

The url is:

http://personal.lig.bellsouth.net/lig/m/g/mghutson/kismet4.htm

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Story Competition Website SherpaDave 06-15-01 1
   RE: Story Competition Website volmel 06-15-01 2
 RE: Story Competition Website VampKira 06-15-01 3
 RE: Story Competition Website ItzLisa 06-15-01 4
   RE: Story Competition Website Survivorerist 06-15-01 5
 RE: Story Competition Website Kismet 06-15-01 6
 RE: Story Competition Website Cherberrie 06-15-01 7
 RE: Story Competition Website dangerkitty 06-15-01 8
 RE: Story Competition Website moonbaby 06-15-01 9
 bump dabo 06-17-01 10
   RE: bump PepeLePew13 06-18-01 11
 RE: Story Competition Website volmel 06-19-01 12
   RE: Story Competition Website SherpaDave 06-19-01 13
 RE: Story Competition Website Pendragon 06-20-01 14
 RE: Story Competition Website desert_rhino 06-21-01 15
   All Read dabo 06-24-01 16
       RE: All Read Riordan 06-24-01 17
 Website move SherpaDave 06-25-01 18
   RE: Website move Rebel Crown 06-25-01 19
   RE: Website move ItzLisa 06-28-01 20
   RE: Website move mistofleas 06-28-01 21
       RE: Website move LadyT 06-30-01 22
 RE: Story Competition Website volmel 07-02-01 23
   RE: Story Competition Website SherpaDave 07-02-01 24
   RE: Story Competition Website aymelek 07-02-01 25
   RE: Story Competition Website ItzLisa 07-03-01 27
 bump dabo 07-03-01 26
 RE: Story Competition Website SherpaDave 07-05-01 28
   RE: Story Competition Website dabo 07-06-01 29
       RE: Story Competition Website SherpaDave 07-06-01 30
           Come Back, Mel, Come Baaaaaaack!!! dabo 07-06-01 31
 RE: Story Competition Website darbygrl 07-06-01 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SherpaDave 8325 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-15-01, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Story Competition Website"
Mel, you da bomb. It's so crisp and clean. One teeny-weeny itty-bitty request? Can you put links within the stories to the threads they originally appeared in? Dunno if they'd actually get used or not, but it'd be a quick way for folks to go give their comments.

06-15-01, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volmel Click to send private message to volmel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Story Competition Website"
okey dokey, Dave. remind me in chat to do that later.

VampKira 4433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-15-01, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VampKira Click to send private message to VampKira Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Story Competition Website"
LAST EDITED ON 06-15-01 AT 05:09 PM (EST)

Awesome, Mel!!

Just noticed this from the website....

>>Start a new thresd for each story.<<

Buwahhhhhhh haa ha!! (that fuggin! clown.. )

w.l.s.f.c.

Du ar min hjälte, Supermänniska

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-15-01, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Story Competition Website"
Mel, you are incredible! This was so fast! You must be a whiz at these sites, it looks awesome!

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-15-01, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Story Competition Website"
OMG, Lisa! Just 6 more posts and you get to join the centrefold club! By the way, Vol, great site!

================

"It's day seven and we just caught our first fish. It did take us a week but, hey, it's better than two weeks."
-The Early Days of the Late Amber Brkich

Kismet 802 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-15-01, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kismet Click to send private message to Kismet Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Story Competition Website"
Well, of course I like the site. Who doesn't like to see their name in Teal? Let me clarify though, this is not MY story contest. This was just a crazy idea that I had and it has taken off. As of now, you have done more work than I have on this thing. Thank you Mellie, for an awesome and well organized site.

Cherberrie 1285 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-15-01, 08:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cherberrie Click to send private message to Cherberrie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Story Competition Website"
Great job on the website. Boy that went up fast!

Cherberrie

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

06-15-01, 09:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Story Competition Website"
Mellie, you rock!! This is awesome!

Nice oranges, btw...

moonbaby 17103 desperate attention whore postings

06-15-01, 10:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Story Competition Website"
Thank you so much mel! And in memory of skierdude I am giving this a great big BUMP so everyone has easy access!

dabo 26511 desperate attention whore postings

06-17-01, 09:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "bump"
found on page 3

PepeLePew13 25379 desperate attention whore postings

06-18-01, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: bump"
lmao *giggle*
BUMP
BUMP
BUMP
BUMP
BUMP

ROTFLOL

Skierdude...get the hell away from my computer! Yes this thread needed a bump, but I could have done fine without you...

06-19-01, 04:09 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Story Competition Website"
Okey dokey. On the website in each entry, there is a link that corresponds to that entrants thread here on Survivor Blows. Many thanks to Dave for suggesting it and for getting me out of frame hell

I think you'll like it cause then you can comment on the person's story after you read it, if you want.

06-19-01, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Story Competition Website"
Mellie, have I mentioned lately that you're da bomb? No? Okay. Well, you're da bomb.

But hey, kids! The Persona Narrative part of the menu looks soooo lonely! Git crackin'! We need to see some stuff in that category! And if you wanna win, what better way than to submit an entry to the only category with no entries in it?

Pendragon 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-20-01, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pendragon Click to send private message to Pendragon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Story Competition Website"
BUMPin it cause I think it's important.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"If there's ever anything I can do for you...or more to the point, to you, you let me know, okay?"
--- Chris Knight, Real Genius

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-01, 09:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Story Competition Website"
Bumpity-Bump

-- JV

06-24-01, 00:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "All Read"
prestokadabra, was on the bottom of the page, now is on the top!

Have you added this site to your favorites yet?

Respond Yes or No!

Riordan 634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-24-01, 07:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Riordan Click to send private message to Riordan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: All Read"
Have you added this site to your favorites yet? Respond Yes or No!

Yes.

06-25-01, 04:10 PM (EST)
18. "Website move"
Hey all,

Mellie caught me in BA's today and asked me if I could take over the site for a little while. Her mother is very sick and she needs to go be with her. At this point, she's not really sure how long she'll be away. For those of you who pray, please send out your prayers for Mellie and her mom.

In the meantime, the site will be at the following address:
http://www14.brinkster.com/dclapper/kismet/
All of the entries Mel had up are there now, and I hope to get caught up on the rest before the end of the day.

Mellie, we'll *all* miss you most of all. Take good care of yourself and your mom.

Rebel Crown 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-25-01, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rebel%20Crown Click to send private message to Rebel%20Crown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Website move"
LAST EDITED ON 06-25-01 AT 10:24 PM (EST)

Thank you, SherpaDave, for the information. And my prayers go out to Ms. Volmel; her presence will be missed.

06-28-01, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Website move"
Thanks, Dave - I just saw the news about Mellie's mom on Kis' Eye in the Sky for today - my prayers are with both of them, and I hope Mel's mom has a speedy recovery! WE LOVE YOU, MELLIE!!!

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

06-28-01, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Website move"
I saw this on the NewsGuide. Thanks Dave for taking over for Mellie in her time of need.

Mel honey, my thoughts, prayers and clean white light energy are directed towards you and your mother. If you need anything you know we're here for you.
Love to you honey,

mistofleas

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

06-30-01, 00:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Website move"
Mel, I have been thinking of yo uand your Mom and praying that all is getting better. Be strong hon.

Bad Girl, drunk by six
Kissing someone else' lips
Smoked too many cigerettes today
Not Happy when I feel this way

07-02-01, 12:40 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Story Competition Website"
Hey everyone. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. I'm just home for a day and then back to my mom. She's in ICU about 6 hours away from me, so I can't get to a computer there. Basically, a series of freak accidents happened to her. She had a routine colonoscopy in which well, her colon exploded in 2 places. She vomited in her sleep and then inhaled it, so she has sepsis (sp) and pneumonia. What makes it even harder for her is that she was weak anyway from chemo from her liver cancer. She doesn't really know anything that's happening and is in her own little world in the past, so I'm grateful for that. I'm going up there again in the morning, so I'll miss all of you.

Thanks to Dave for all he's doing with this website. Love ya lots Dave, but you know that!!!

07-02-01, 12:48 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Story Competition Website"
Hey Mellie!

Just tried popping into the bar real quick before my 10:00 meeting to throw a hug your way, but the bar was empty. I'm so sorry to hear all that's happened, but pleased that she has such a devoted daughter who can be there when she needs her. You didn't mention how you're holding up, but I know you're a trooper. Keep being there for your mom and make sure to take good care of yourself, too. It's easy to forget ourselves when taking care of loved ones, so be good to yourself, okay?

We miss you tons and can't wait til you get back, hopefully with reports of a healthy mom.

aymelek 1220 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-02-01, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aymelek Click to send private message to aymelek Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Story Competition Website"
Mellie, our thoughts and prayers are with you & your mom! Hurry back with a healthy mom, bacause *I* miss you dearly!

Aymelek

07-03-01, 10:58 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Story Competition Website"
Mellie, I'm so sorry to hear about the weird (to say the least!) series of accidents that happened to your Mom! My prayers are with you and she both, and my hopes that she has a speedy recovery! Many many huge HUGS!!!!

07-03-01, 10:31 AM (EST)
26. "bump"
LAST EDITED ON 07-03-01 AT 11:07 AM (EST)

Just keeping this on page one.
Is there some way this site can be added to the lobby page on OT Forum same way the BlowsVivor site was added to the BV Forum?
Just thought I'd ask.

Hope Mellie's Mom is doing okay and not wearing Mellie to a frazzle. I miss that perky volunteer. Keeping Mel and her Mom in my prayers, vigils at Intensive Care can be so tough I know, most have happy endings though.

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

07-05-01, 07:17 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Story Competition Website"
Hey gang,

Looks like the story site was getting hit so heavily today that it's run into bandwidth issues. I had no idea what my host's bandwidth restrictions were, and I'm more than a little surprised to be butting up against 'em. I'll take a look around for other hosting solutions after I put the boys to bed tonight. There's a fair chance I'll wind up moving the Storytime site yet again, since this is the host I use for my resume and portfolio as well, and they're showing the same bandwidth error message as the story site until the problem is resolved.

Sorry for any inconvenience (and thanks, Dabo, for letting me know that it was happening).

07-06-01, 00:38 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Story Competition Website"
You're welcome, Dave. Sounds like the problem is at the host's end if it's hitting all your sites, hope they get it resolved.

"If the race of man should be left naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few individuals might linger, but in a year would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

07-06-01, 00:59 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Story Competition Website"
I think I figured out the problem (I hope). I'm limited to use of 16.7 meg of bandwidth per day. Which should be plenty. Except... as part of my portfolio, I made downloads of various Mariners wallpaper available that I had built when working on their site last year. A few of the wallpapers I had available weren't available anyplace else, both featuring Ichiro. Something tells me that with the Mariners' amazing start and the hero worship of Ichiro, word has somehow gotten out as to where people could find the wallpaper. I'm hoping to get at some actual reports of what used up the wallpaper, but in the meantime, I've renamed the wallpapers featuring Ichi and removed the page linking to the wallpapers in hopes that that'll take care of it.

There's just no way the story site could have been generating 16.7 meg of traffic in one day. Each page is only about 10k, so the page views in one day would have had to have been around 1670. Not likely. The wallpapers, on the other hand, ranged up to around 200k each, which would have meant about 80-85 people downloaded one of 'em today. No more free wallpaper from me.

Hopefully, this'll resolve itself in the next day or two. If the story site is still down by Saturday, I'll try to find another solution, even if that means moving the site altogether.

07-06-01, 01:39 AM (EST)
31. "Come Back, Mel, Come Baaaaaaack!!!"
Sounds like you've got things well on the way towards fixed, Dave, but what an odd problem to have crop up! Guess it was good you were in charge of the storytime site when this happened, since you have other pages similarly plagued but you might not have found out quite as soon what was going on. Karma is working for you, buddy, and that's a good thing.

darbygrl 293 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-06-01, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail darbygrl Click to send private message to darbygrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Story Competition Website"
Just finally jumped on this bandwagon.
(pauses to tel Mel, that ny prayers are with her. Almost lost my own mother last Jan.)

Honestly, I was intimidated at first about the whole writing thing. I am not very good at this kind of thing.... but the challenge is eating me. Feel like I should take a chance and jump in. I finally caught some time here this am, so I was reading a few of the entries. I thought I would see what others are putting out there.

Feel kind of inspired...better get my fanny in gear. Love reading these thus far. It is such a precious thing to be able to read peoples creations.

Great idea.

<>

darbygrl

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •