The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Draining..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-30-05, 06:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Draining..."
Well, we all know that this season's draining, but WTF is up with the car batteries being drained by the production staff? Are the cameras and sound equipment being run off of the cigarette lighters or something? Sounds damned inefficient to me. I would hope that if an elimination came down to one of these teams that a time credit would be given and they're just not mentioning it because (due to bunching, etc) it doesn't come into play.

"Fear not death, for the sooner we die the longer we shall be immortal." - Benjamin Franklin

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Draining... StarryLuna 11-30-05 1
 RE: Draining... ARnutz 11-30-05 2
 RE: Draining... Rhyn 11-30-05 3
 My guess Breezy 11-30-05 4
   RE: My guess newsomewayne 11-30-05 9
       RE: My guess Breezy 11-30-05 10
           RE: My guess HobbsofMI 11-30-05 18
               RE: My guess ARnutz 11-30-05 20
 RE: Draining... Snidget 11-30-05 5
   RE: Draining... ARnutz 11-30-05 21
 RE: Draining... samboohoo 11-30-05 6
   RE: Draining... true 11-30-05 11
       RE: Draining... samboohoo 11-30-05 17
 RE: Draining... bystander 11-30-05 7
   RE: Draining... byoffer 11-30-05 8
 RE: Draining... Max Headroom 11-30-05 12
 RE: Draining... Seana 11-30-05 13
   RE: Draining... byoffer 11-30-05 14
   RE: Draining... HobbsofMI 11-30-05 19
       RE: Draining... Prof_ Wagstaff 11-30-05 27
           RE: Draining... HobbsofMI 11-30-05 31
               RE: Draining... quiller 12-01-05 37
 RE: Draining... Lisa0116 11-30-05 15
 RE: Draining... Tahj 11-30-05 16
   RE: Draining... bystander 11-30-05 22
       RE: Draining... Tahj 11-30-05 29
   RE: Draining... All50 11-30-05 23
       RE: Draining... Tahj 11-30-05 28
 RE: Draining... All50 11-30-05 24
   RE: Draining... Bebo 11-30-05 25
       RE: Draining... bystander 11-30-05 26
           RE: Draining... mrc 11-30-05 30
       RE: Draining... bullzeye 11-30-05 32
       RE: Draining... Fishercat 11-30-05 34
   RE: Draining... Draco Malfoy 12-01-05 36
 RE: Draining... Puffy 11-30-05 33
   RE: Draining... Denalio 12-01-05 35

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

11-30-05, 07:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Draining..."
That pissed me off too. Last week, it didn't matter so much for the Godlewskis, because the Weavers screwed up so badly with their choice of roads. It sucks this week for the Linzes, who were holding on to their lead until that happened. I thought in the past that teams that had production errors like that were given a time credit.

A JSlice of holiday spirit!
Luna's Eclipses

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-05, 07:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Draining..."
I know! What is up with that? It seems to me that "the production staff" has had many seasons to figure out how to get electricity to the cameras without plugging them into the cigarette lighter!

I agree that the teams should be given that time credit and (like Luna said) if it came down to an elimination, the team should be given all of the time they lost due to that production error!

Mon Dieu, Mon Cherie... c'est magnifique!!!

Rhyn 524 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-30-05, 08:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rhyn Click to send private message to Rhyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Draining..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-30-05 AT 08:15 AM (EST)

Haha, and it's even doubly amusing when you consider that they are in America, too. It's not like they have to deal with close countries and border crossings and customs to move from state to state. It's not like their isn't plenty of wide, accessible, free roads for them to, I don't know, follow along in a mobile studio. If every half-rate news affiliate can have several vans, trucks, and studios on hand, you know it's in TAR's budget.

I might be able to understand it if they were in the middle of the sahara or something with a small staff of photographers and producers, but come on!

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-05, 08:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "My guess"
it's a combination of the production staff and the trailer they're hauling.

I was hoping they were going to lose the trailers last night. Been there, done that... move on to something besides seeing the idiots trying to back up a trailer.

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.— Wayne Dyer

newsomewayne 9353 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-05, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: My guess"
I don't think it's the trailer. Not unless the idiots left all the lights and stuff on for a looooooong time. They don't use any juice just traveling down the road.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Yeah, little people do all the work and a fat, bald guy takes all the credit.
Lit up by Syren, 2004

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-05, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: My guess"
Maybe part of the production crew stays at the trailer while the racers are completing tasks and runs down the battery? That's kind of what I meant. Cause each time, it was after a task that there was a "prodution problem".

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-05, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: My guess"
LAST EDITED ON 11-30-05 AT 12:32 PM (EST)

I've own a trailer like that and they have their own battery to power them or electrical hook-up which then recharge the battery....the battery in the truck should have nothing to do with the trailer.

Edit: The trailer battery is a deep cell like for trolling motors on fishing boats, etc. so they can't be used for the truck if people were going to start thinking about if they could have done a battery swap.

sig by PM and bouncy by IceCat

11-30-05, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: My guess"
Yeah, my hubby has a race car trailer and he has a separate system for the trailer. He also brings a generator with him for when he's at the track to run power tools or whatever, so the TAr producers could've easily had generators with them too!

Mon Dieu, Mon Cherie... c'est magnifique!!!

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-05, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Draining..."
Maybe the Production staff is as sick of the season as we are and found out that this was a way to get themselves eliminated from the race?

2005 Holiday Sig Shop. I've been Nutzed!

11-30-05, 12:41 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Draining..."
...or the Weavers are paying the production peeps off to get their revenge!

First it was the Gawdawful sistahs now the Linzes?? I bet next week the Bransens have a "production problem"!

Wholesome christmas traditions by Bob!

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-05, 08:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Draining..."
I would think something would have been done after it happened the first time.

Also, when the teams first got these trucks with the trailers, the Housewives seemed to be the only team that needed gas right then and there. Unless we weren't shown something. But it seemed to me that it was unfair that all the vehicles were not full from the getgo.

Icey bounced my Dicey

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-05, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Draining..."
At first, I thought the same thing. Then I figured that they were using the same vehicle as before, with the addition of a trailer. That would explain the gas issue.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-05, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Draining..."
Thanks True. Don't I feel like one of the Godluskis right now.

Icey bounced my Dicey

bystander 4968 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-05, 08:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Draining..."
It doesn't seem fair that a team would be penalized due to a production error. However, all the teams left the campground within 15 minutes of each other in the end. Yeah, the Linz's would have had a 15 minute lead on the others but who really cares anyway.

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-05, 08:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Draining..."
15 minutes, so first to worst is a 45 minute penalty. Pretty major when the next road block is to watch something that only blows every 92 minutes. (easy Rolly)

I am glad they didn't get eliminated, and hope that there is enough "stuff" in the next show to let them catch up.

Big production GUFU though!

Sig by me. Wish the rider was me!

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-05, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Draining..."
TAR missed another chance for product placement. "Batteries brought to you by Sears DieHard" could've been a big revenue-maker!

Seriously, I don't get it either, especially when 90% of the race has taken place in America.

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-05, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Draining..."
I've been trying to think of it like in previous Races with the Trabants and the boats (e.g. Susan and Patrick), but it's the production crew causing the problems, so it's a whole other thing.

Having invested this much time in this season, I'll watch to the end, but damn.

And Earl was pre-empted for the Biggest Loser finale. *pout*

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-05, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Draining..."
I don't know why the production crews won't listen to you, Marion, when you keep going on and on and on about getting a tank of gas and recharging the vehicle batteries. Have they hired your family onto the production crew???

11-30-05, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Draining..."
They have had things with mechanical problems and crashes/roll over in truck where you have to wait for a replacement vehicle or boat, etc. but wasn't there a time credit for a production problem in TAR 1 with Mom/daughter in India?

Prof_ Wagstaff 4196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-30-05, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to send private message to Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Draining..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-30-05 AT 05:40 PM (EST)

Yes Hobbes you are correct. My dd and I just finished watching Season 1. It did happen to Momily in India (with the candlestick). They were credited with the time that the production SNAFU caused them and were given an earlier departure time as a result.

etf:spelling

Sig by Cignus

11-30-05, 04:50 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Draining..."
Emily....now that pops into my mind....Tried to forget that name since it's the EX's.

So then the question is why is there no time credit now?

quiller 268 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-01-05, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail quiller Click to send private message to quiller Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Draining..."
I think there will be a credit at the end of the next show because in a preview I saw it said there would be a twist on the mat. So I was thinking the twist will be the credit. Just a thought.

cause this is what I do when I am NOT watching SO or posting on this board.

Lisa0116 688 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-30-05, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisa0116 Click to send private message to Lisa0116 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Draining..."
I think it sucks!! The only thing I could think of was that when the teams got to a challenge, they were supposed to unplug the camera equipment so it didn't drain the battery. Otherwise, they should get a time credit. I thought it sucked that they went from first to last because of something beyond their control (but was in the control of the production staff).

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-05, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Draining..."
If the Weavers get to stay and the Linz's have to go because of that snafu, I'd not only protest vociferously, I'd encourage the Linz's to sue....yes I would.

Moves courtesy of Syren

11-30-05, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Draining..."
Don't you mean the Godawfulewski sisters rather than Weavers? The Weaver's moved up to second. The Godlewski's would have been last if the Linz's came in first.

I don't want your hatred of the Weaver's to get the wrong team thrown out.

11-30-05, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Draining..."
Nope, I mean the Weavers. I want them gone.

Moves courtesy of Syren

All50 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-30-05, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail All50 Click to send private message to All50 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Draining..."
Sue? You must be kidding! I'm 99.9% sure that CBS has the contestants sign something that says they recognize all decisions made by the TAR staff are final.

Honestly, I LOVED seeing the Rude&Crude Linz's fall from first to worst! Would've LOVED to see them humbled by elimination! I'm guessing, however, that CBS "called an audible" and made last night's episode a 2-parter BECAUSE of the possibility that the Linz's might get eliminated due to a production error. Anyone agree?

11-30-05, 02:46 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Draining..."
Possibly, but they did this "to be continued" last season as well so I tend to think it was already planned.

I don't mind teams falling if it's their own fault, but if it's the show's fault, then I would think the producers would have to compensate the team in some way to make up for it.

The Linz's rock. They are rude, crude AND FUNNY. The Weaver's are rude, crude, clueless and arrogant because they think they have god on their side. The mother sets a poor example.

Moves courtesy of Syren

All50 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-30-05, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail All50 Click to send private message to All50 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Draining..."
Hey Moderator -- any chance we can screen out the use of this "WTF" phrase? We all know what this vulgar phrase means and it's utterly inappropriate in this forum!

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-05, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Draining..."
WTF do you mean? If you'd bother to read our guidelines, you'd know that this is a PG-13 forum, and we do permit that abbreviation to be used here.

And if you read the guidelines, you'd know the appropriate way to contact a moderator, instead of diverting a discussion on the show.

11-30-05, 01:50 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Draining..."
You crack me up! WTF do you mean? Classic!

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-05, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Draining..."
I don't see anthing funny about saying, "What the freak?" It's just another way for the Weavers . . . Forget it. I'm all tapped out creatively.

A Slice of Us for the Rest of Us!

bullzeye 5030 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-05, 07:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Draining..."
Bwahahaha!!!!!

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-05, 11:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Draining..."
Well played!

Happy Holidays from Tribephyl

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-05, 08:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Draining..."
You're right. I should've said "What the fvck" instead.

It's pronounced "FIV-ick"

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-05, 07:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Draining..."
Perhaps all the teams in the race should have been stopped from driving/moving/competing, etc. when the dead battery was discovered until it was replaced. Sort of a freeze-frame for everyone.

Snowed in by Tribephyl

Denalio 904 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-01-05, 02:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Denalio Click to send private message to Denalio Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Draining..."
I think this was mentioned elsewhere - but bears repeating-- since they (the producers of the show) actually TELL us that there was a production error that caused a delay, it seems very, very weird they did not do something to compensate for it! I mean, since the show can be edited any way they want, why did they bother to reveal there was a production error unless they plan to do something about it?

This has me majorly befuddled and I hope it's resolved fairly.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •