The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I never thought it could happen, but...."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-28-05, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I never thought it could happen, but...."
I never thought that a "rocker" could win American Idol. I always thought that the producers, the judges, the American public wouldn't let someone on the harder edge of rock/pop to win....

But...

Bo could do it. I don't think Constantine will, but as Paula said, and i agree, Bo is the "real deal" all around.

He could pull this off. I think America loves him too.

geekboy

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 I'm In! zombiebaby 02-28-05 1
   RE: I'm In! callalilly3000 02-28-05 3
 Agree moonbaby 02-28-05 2
   RE: Agree kathliam 02-28-05 4
       I'm in the same boat! moonbaby 02-28-05 5
           bo's phone # cqvenus 02-28-05 10
               I found bo's at moonbaby 02-28-05 12
       Found it moonbaby 02-28-05 7
           RE: Found it kathliam 02-28-05 9
           WHERE? cqvenus 02-28-05 11
               link moonbaby 02-28-05 13
                   oh my heck cqvenus 02-28-05 14
                       RE: oh my heck kathliam 02-28-05 15
 noNOnoNOnoNOno!!! cqvenus 02-28-05 6
   unplug one ear moonbaby 02-28-05 8
 RE: I never thought it could happen... badger 02-28-05 16
   RE: I never thought it could happen... seahorse 03-01-05 18
   No need to move Bebo 03-01-05 25
 RE: I never thought it could happen... brvnkrz 03-01-05 17
   RE: I never thought it could happen... emydi 03-01-05 20
       I will join you! Angelfood 03-01-05 21
           My DH too! zombiebaby 03-01-05 30
       RE: I never thought it could happen... nailbone 03-01-05 22
           RE: I never thought it could happen... emydi 03-01-05 27
               RE: I never thought it could happen... geekboy 03-01-05 28
                   RE: I never thought it could happen... BriarRosie 03-03-05 34
       RE: I never thought it could happen... kathliam 03-01-05 31
 RE: I never thought it could happen... pmspml5 03-01-05 19
 RE: I never thought it could happen... Tahj 03-01-05 23
   RE: I never thought it could happen... geekboy 03-01-05 24
   RE: I never thought it could happen... nailbone 03-01-05 26
   RE: Bo Manilow song choice niteowl 03-01-05 32
 Constantine needs to go weltek 03-01-05 29
 Canadian Idol Rockers... Risti 03-03-05 33
   RE: Canadian Idol Rockers... frisky 03-03-05 35
       RE: Canadian Idol Rockers... niteowl 03-07-05 36
           RE: Canadian Idol Rockers... Risti 03-08-05 37
 RE: I never thought it could happen... Tifany 03-09-05 38
 RE: I never thought it could happen... shedevil 03-10-05 39

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-28-05, 09:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "I'm In!"
Hey a LuvBo thread!

He really does seem to have it all. Let's hope if he makes the final 12 he stays true to himself during the theme weeks.

Wise song choices and not trying to "sound" like the weekly theme but like himself are his key.

One more of J Slice's Awesome Creations!

callalilly3000 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-28-05, 09:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail callalilly3000 Click to send private message to callalilly3000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I'm In!"
I'm in too! This guy is great! I now have a favorite this season. It will be worth while watching Bo each week, and it will give me something to look foward too!

Slice and Dice Shop 2004

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-05, 09:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Agree"
and I must find the phone number to vote for him!

kathliam 3669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-28-05, 09:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kathliam Click to send private message to kathliam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Agree"
I forgot to write down the phone number and can't find it on the American Idol website. Can anyone help?

02-28-05, 09:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "I'm in the same boat!"
Someone help us, please?

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-05, 09:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "bo's phone #"

you guys i scoured the internet looking for the voting #s but i can't find them -anywhere-.

that gives me an idea...

~ cq

talk amongst yourselves...

02-28-05, 09:34 PM (EST)
12. "I found bo's at"
the American Idol message board.

02-28-05, 09:26 PM (EST)
7. "Found it"
hope this is right-he was 10:

1 - 866 - 436 - 5710

02-28-05, 09:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kathliam Click to send private message to kathliam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Found it"
Thanks Moonbaby! I got through.

Ok, I'm going to stop talking about him now so we don't jinx him. Don't want cq on my back. (She can't stop me thinking about him though.)

02-28-05, 09:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "WHERE?"

please, i have to know WHERE you found that. it's really important.

thank you much.

~ cq

02-28-05, 09:35 PM (EST)
13. "link"
http://forums.prospero.com/foxidol/messages/?msg=302973.1

02-28-05, 09:40 PM (EST)
14. "oh my heck"

moonie! there are some really funny people on that site.

~ cq

course there's a SHED full of TOOLS, also, but we laugh, nonetheless

thanks moonie

02-28-05, 09:42 PM (EST)
15. "RE: oh my heck"
oh my gosh, I was just thinking the same thing!

I did read one great suggestion though...Bo singing an old Blood Sweat and Tears song. He has that David Clayton Thomas quality to his voice. I've got goosebumps just thinking about it.

02-28-05, 09:26 PM (EST)
6. "noNOnoNOnoNOno!!!"

you all blaspheme!

stop it!

you're jinxing him!

*sticks fingers in ears*

~ cq

02-28-05, 09:28 PM (EST)
8. "unplug one ear"
to dial and vote

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-28-05, 11:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: I never thought it could happen, but...."
before this thread gets locked for being a discussion of an individual performer (this is the general discussion forum)...

i do think bo is one of the best performers, but i doubt he can be american idol. it's not that america won't vote for him. you can't get much more american than "rock" ("pop," arguably, is british, SIMON).

but if the songs for this season's idol have already been written (and i'm sure they have), then i doubt they are the kind of material that america wants to hear a rocker sing.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-05, 04:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: I never thought it could happen, but...."
It won't be locked. It may be moved to the other forum.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-05, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "No need to move"
The poster asked a general question about whether a particular type of singer could win, and brought up a couple of examples from the current competition that could fit the bill.

In the future, the appropriate place to ask this question is via email or PM to a mod.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-05, 01:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: I never thought it could happen, but...."
Love him. He is my favorite for the season. We actually voted in our house tonight which I swore we wouldn't do this season.

It's a Syren.
From now on I will behave but in the back of my mind I will be enslaved.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-05, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: I never thought it could happen, but...."
Me too KNOCKERS!!

I voted for him a few times and I have never voted except for the finales....

I hope he wins...us thirty sumpin women have to vote for Bo to keep him in over the teenie boppers faves of Anthony and Constantine (BOTH BLECH....)

Who will join with me??!!!

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-01-05, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "I will join you!"
And I will make siggies.

AF,
30-something who's hot for Bo, even my DH likes him!

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-05, 06:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "My DH too!"
I think this guy could actually pull in the *looks over shoulder and whispers* the middle age guys too!

He has gotten people to vote that don't normally do! (OK I didn't but I will next time, Ipromise!)

ANd I think I am in the minority but I like his clothes a lot too!

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-05, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: I never thought it could happen, but...."
Hey, I'm a 40-sumthin male, and I like him!!

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-05, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: I never thought it could happen, but...."
THE MORE THE MERRIER

We need a name for our group...

03-01-05, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: I never thought it could happen, but...."
How about "B3" as a group name....

"Bo Bice Backers" or...

"Bo Bice Boosters" or...

... well that's two i can come up with now, but ya gotta use the BB pattern somehow

geekboy

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-03-05, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: I never thought it could happen, but...."
Heh heh. I'm about to rip off a line from one of my
favorite places, The Adventurers Club.

One character, with a "B" name, has made reference to
cheerleaders, the "Busty Browne Boosters".

I think Bo wouldn't mind having the "Busty Bo Bice Boosters".
I'd love to see a rocker become the next American Idol, as
long as it's not Constantine.

Bo Bice is bustin' out.

03-01-05, 06:41 PM (EST)
31. "RE: I never thought it could happen, but...."
Here's a (gulp) 40-sumpin woman raising her hand for Bo. He's the major reason I'm watching this season. (Well, him and Anwar.) I got all tingly last night when he was singing. :O

The only thing I'd like to see is for him to get rid of that soul patch. There were camera angles last night where the mic hid it, and I noticed he has a cutest eyes. Maybe once the stylists got ahold of him....

Voted for him last night, more than once. Keep him in!

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-01-05, 07:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: I never thought it could happen, but...."
I can see him going far - and we will hear from him again. I do not see him winning because the teen age girls are the ones that vote and teen age girls dont usually go for rockers.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-01-05, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: I never thought it could happen, but...."
While I like him, it's a bit early to start prediciting winners, donchathink? I mean, this is only the 2nd week of competition and good as he might be, he still has a long way to go.

If they bring another sappy songwriter in and have them sing his/her songs, he could sink like a stone. What of Barry Manilow's could he have possibly sung?

Moves courtesy of Syren
Maybe they'll get Springsteen this time.

03-01-05, 02:19 PM (EST)
24. "RE: I never thought it could happen, but...."
Hi Tahj -

Couple points to clarify my original post -

First, i was making the point that this is the first "rocker" that i think could make it a long way and possibly even win.

secondly, i don't think its too early to make predictions. In the first week of competitions of AI 1 i told my wife that i'm guessing Kelley. in AI2 i picked Clay after his wild-card win. In AI3 i picked Fantasia in either week one or two, i forget, so no, its not too early, but we'll see.

I'm very excited to see how some of these people do on theme weeks, especially Bo. It looks like its going to be a damn good season.

geekboy

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-05, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: I never thought it could happen, but...."
What of Barry Manilow's could he have possibly sung?

I could actually see him having fun with Copacabana. and having to sing Manilow or Sedaka would definitely show if he's got any kind of talent range or if he's a one-trick pony.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

niteowl 199 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-01-05, 07:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail niteowl Click to send private message to niteowl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Bo Manilow song choice"
"Could it be Magic" Remember the one with all the classical type music? Barry really didn't have the pipes for it and it's a great song for Bo!

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-05, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "Constantine needs to go"
If Constantine doesn't go, I'll barf. I agree that Bo has the makings of a star & I'm sure he'll do well with or without American Idol.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Risti 190 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-05, 05:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Risti Click to send private message to Risti Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "Canadian Idol Rockers..."
The obvious example is Jacob Hoggard, the 3rd place finisher, who really has to be seen in performance to be believed (He sang David Bowie's "Space Oddity" in a blue spandex jumpsuit with props and interpretive dance in the early stages of the Final 10).

However, it should also be noted that Kalan Porter, the winner, despite his boy-band looks, is also a true rocker at heart. Sang more classic rock songs(and nailed them) while in the Top 10 than anyone else, and despite the pop album the folks up at Idol Headquarters produced for him, his concert tour is apparantly quite the rock show.

It can happen, people.

(If anyone's interested, video downloads can be found of the CI group at http://clay.redhottopic.com/video2.php . Kalan shocked everyone in his first Top 10 performance with "Born to Be Wild" and Jacob brought out the spandex in the Top 9 week, although most of his performances are... memorable, to say the least. Because no CI pimping would be complete without it, the Top 6 Group performance is a must hear, with the idols all playing their own instruments on the show.)

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-05, 09:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Canadian Idol Rockers..."
Ah, yes. CI2. Jacob should've won it. You are correct that he has to be seen to be believed!

As The Blog Turns.

niteowl 199 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-05, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail niteowl Click to send private message to niteowl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Canadian Idol Rockers..."
I LOVED Jacob and had to leave Canada and miss the end of the show. He was adorable and had a great voice. But in the end I think he sabotaged himself a bit by constantly plugging the band. (and they are nowhere near as good all together as he is solo) He did every genre of music and aced them all!

Risti 190 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-05, 06:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Risti Click to send private message to Risti Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Canadian Idol Rockers..."
He sabotaged himself by posting a journal entry on his band's website that made it sound like he didn't want to win. I do agree that he definately outclasses his band, though. I heard a rumour that the band has had some 'new members' that basically include losing all the originals but Jacob.

*Sigh* But he wouldn't sell out for CI...

(I love the boy, don't get me wrong, but he had a bit of an immature naiveness to him about exactly what he was playing around with in all of this.)

Tifany 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-09-05, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tifany Click to send private message to Tifany Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: I never thought it could happen, but...."
I totally agree in saying that Bo Bice could definitely win this competition if he keeps picking the right songs. I'm not sure about the rest of the country but I know ALOT of people who wouldnt watch this show before this season because there wasnt a pull for variety. I think this season is awesome. Theres a nice muxture of genres that makes the show fun to watch now. But again, I'm pulling for Bo Bice or Carrie Underwood to take this season.

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-10-05, 09:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: I never thought it could happen, but...."

I love Bo & Constantine but I can totally see Bo winning this thing.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •