The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Canoe Race Article...Final 3 or 4???"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Casezille 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-10-01, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Casezille Click to send private message to Casezille Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Canoe Race Article...Final 3 or 4???"
Okay, this canoe race has been bugging me so I went and got the whole article...there's only a part of it I could see on Survivorfever, so anyways, here's the whole article from NewsSAT. The only thing that's throwing me is when they say it happened. It was printed on the 2nd, and they say the race was "yesterday". But wouldn't tribal coucil actually have been a day earlier?? So, I'm not sure if the canoe race was with 4 or 3 people, or a reward or immunity challenge. Read it and post what you think. I'm also trying to find the personal ads that the challenge sheet says they took out in the Brisbane paper, but I don't think NewsSat keeps the Classifieds archived. I'm still looking though.

Battle heats up as Survivor finale nears
Courier Mail, Edition 1 - First with the newsSAT 02 DEC 2000, Page 006
By: Robert Reid

AS the clock winds down towards the end of filming of the finale of the Survivor II series, contestants yesterday battled each other in a desperate canoe race along the Herbert River in a bid to emerge as the $US1 million ($1.92 million) prize winner.
And in the air a cat-and-mouse chase took place as The Courier-Mail's chartered helicopter was shadowed by a company helicopter alternating between filming the river action and filming our photographer busy recording the whole scene.
It was another chapter in a story of legal threats, security intimidation and a cloak of secrecy that has surrounded the location of the world's most popular television series.
The first Survivor series, filmed on the Borneo island of Pulau Tiga, was viewed by a US television audience of 150 million -- the final episode drawing 50 million viewers.
Producers have dug deep to pay off everybody connected to the show in return for silence. It is rumoured leaseholders of Goshen station in north Queensland, where the series is being filmed, have been paid ``hush money''.
Inside sources say the final film sequence will take place at the top of Herbert River Falls where a ritual meeting among the last seven contestants will take place and votes will be placed in a locked box to be transported under tight security back to the United States.
The sources say the last surviving contestants will be brought together for a gala episode at the end of the series when the winner will be announced.

Caption: TENT city . . . the main campsite on the set of Survivor II. Below, a helicopter plays cat and mouse with The Courier-Mail team.

Illus: Photo

IllusBy: Anna Rogers

Library Heading: TV OVERSEAS, COMPETITIONS, ENDURANCE

Section: NEWS

I would let the vultures take you and do whatever they want with you

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Canoe Race Article...Final 3 or... Lurking 04-11-01 1

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Lurking 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-11-01, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lurking Click to send private message to Lurking Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Canoe Race Article...Final 3 or 4???"
If this challenge does exist, I'd speculate that it wouldn't be a final 3 or 4 IC - IC's in S1 had been more mentally-themed towards the end. Assuming that pattern holds in S2, this alleged challenge seems too physical to be either of the last two IC's.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •