The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Wasn't Colby the one who got Jerri booted?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

kreon 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-09-01, 09:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kreon Click to send private message to kreon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Wasn't Colby the one who got Jerri booted?"
Was it Keith or Colby that intiated the Jerri boot? I have read repeated posts saying that Keith was the author of the Jerri boot and Colby allegedly say's something like, "It would be a mistake to vote her off right now" I'm from the west coast and we get to watch it two times here. What I viewed was Colby bringing the Jerri boot up and then trying the old, "The good guy (Liz) needs to stay and the wicked witch (Jerri) needs to go approach" It clearly appeared to me that Keith was not in support of this at all! Keeping Jerri in would be smart because once you get to final 5 you know she is going first so you are at least 4th over all not to mention you cruise to the final 5 with two additional votes in your pocket with you fellow tribe mates. Even if one defected to the otherside you still would have control! Here is what I saw and heard:

Both times I saw and heard the following things. Shot of tent and COLBYS voice saying, "It would be a mistake not to take this opportunity to get rid of her now (her being Jerri)" camera then goes into tent. Colby facing camera with Keith lounging behind him say's, "I just can't believe Liz is going to leave before Jerri" Keith fidgets and clearly mentions that their original game was to boot all the other tribe off one by one. They would then first execute a Jerri boot when they all arrived to final 5. Keith has liked this plan all along as he benefits with voting this way.

This is when Colby showed signs of changing his mind about booting Jerri only because keith was acting nervous about the suggestion. it was keith who didn't clearly support the Jerri boot because it was a very vulnerable spot to create for them. With two additional votes they could cruise to top 5 but with only one there is the possability of someone going to the other side!

Colby, on the other hand, tried the old sympathy approach by mentioning how lousy it was that Liz would go before Jerri. Myself and those watching it with me all say that Colby was the author of the Jerri boot and Keith and Tina realized Colby was breaking rank and letting them know.

I believe this is when Tina went to find out who Liz, and Rodger, and Nick were targeting. She was asking so she could tell Keith we better vote majority cause Jerri is toast and if we don't play colbys game we are next in line! I truly believe Colby constructed the Jerri boot! Not Keith! Keith didn't want it! Keith knows that there is only one winnner and with Jerri in the number 5 spot Keith believed he would be at least number 4!

When Colby blatantly brought back the shells for the others he clearly sent a message. His idea to boot her would be supported by making people think she is the least deserving for her attitude, but the real reason is that after the trip to the Reef he realized she needed to go now because the longer she stayed the more others would see him as being just like her! I thought his game plan was brilliant! Obviously his fellow tribe memebers didn't bother to see it this way!

Since apparently I am in the minority of this jerri boot and who actually designed it, perhaps one of the die-hard fans has that episode tape and can view it and "Word for Word" post the conversation between Colby and Keith about booting Jerri! I still believe it was Colby who first brought up the Jerri boot and keith nervously not supporting it! Hope someone can clear this up!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Wasn't Colby the one who got Je... dabo 04-10-01 1
   RE: Wasn't Colby the one who got Je... kreon 04-10-01 2
 RE: Wasn't Colby the one who got Je... SurvivinDawg 04-10-01 3
   RE: Wasn't Colby the one who got Je... Annadad 04-10-01 4
       RE: Wasn't Colby the one who got Je... SurvivinDawg 04-10-01 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-10-01, 01:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Wasn't Colby the one who got Jerri booted?"
my impression was elisabeth got to tina who got to keith who got to colby who saw that his vote wasn't needed jerri was gone but why should he miss out on the fun

kreon 30 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-01, 04:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kreon Click to send private message to kreon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Wasn't Colby the one who got Jerri booted?"
Thanks for responding! I guess your theory could work. I would sure love to read that transcript because I would swear Colby was the one who said "This is the perfect time to get rid of her now. We may not get this chance again" I took this to mean Jerri because he added right after that statement that it is a shame to think Liz would go before Jerri.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-01, 06:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Wasn't Colby the one who got Jerri booted?"
First, I don't think Tina went to find out the Kuchas' vote plan. She ALREADY KNEW that Lis was voting for Jerri because Lis told Tina that (at least the show's editing has it that Lis told Tina first).

In the "Tent Talk", Keith pushed for Jerri's removal. Colby may have genuinely disagreed, or he may have been playing devil's advocate. Tina was listening to them and the editing showed her being silent.

I believe that TINA made the final decision to wax Jerri, and Keith and Colby agreed. Remember these things:

1) Colby wouldn't need too much arm twisting. For some reason he (at least began to show that he) started to really hate Jerri.

2) Jerri's post-game commentaries, which some have speculated that Jerri got to vote against Tina in the finals, and that Jerri considered Tina a big time backstabber.

So I think that they edited it out, but that the "Tent Talk" ended with Tina saying "Colby, let's go ahead and get Jerrri outta here so we can starve in peace rather than starve in continuous turmoil."

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

"I've never been bored a day in my life. Only boring people get bored." -- Jerri Manthey

Annadad 26 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-01, 06:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Annadad Click to send private message to Annadad Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Wasn't Colby the one who got Jerri booted?"
SD, I just wanted to add that when Mitchell got voted out, Tina approached him first and suggested that they vote out Jerri. He refused and so she suggested Amber and he again refused. She then went and started talking to Colby which ultimately resulted in Mitchell's ouster. This info is from Mitchell's college speech. It supports the idea that Tina may have been the real driving force in Jerri getting the boot.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-01, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Wasn't Colby the one who got Jerri booted?"
I partially agree with you, Annadad. The Mitchell booting was discussed extensively in other threads, so I won't rehash it here, but the alliance (C/K/T) that waxed Mitchell is the same one that gave Jerri her checkout papers.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

"I've never been bored a day in my life. Only boring people get bored." -- Jerri Manthey
"When I come in, the party will begin. I am... SurvivinDawg." --SurvivinDawg

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •