The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A Better Crop of Idolwannabees this year."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-23-05, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"A Better Crop of Idolwannabees this year."
You know, the judges say it every year, because they pretty much have to, but I honestly think this year's talent pool IS deeper, both male and female, than the past three seasons. I did not have so many moments of true physical pain last night.

Pollyanna Moi.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: A Better Crop of Idolwannabees ... Ricky 02-23-05 1
   RE: A Better Crop of Idolwannabees ... badger 02-23-05 2
 RE: A Better Crop of Idolwannabees ... tig_ger 02-23-05 3
   RE: A Better Crop of Idolwannabees ... badger 02-23-05 4
   Oh dear. DontGetMeStarted 02-24-05 7
 RE: A Better Crop of Idolwannabees ... grit 02-24-05 5
   RE: A Better Crop of Idolwannabees ... badger 02-24-05 6
       RE: A Better Crop of Idolwannabees ... Spidey 02-24-05 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-23-05, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: A Better Crop of Idolwannabees this year."
I think the guys are better than in previous seasons. I don't know about the girls yet. To me there doesn't seem to be a trio of girls better than Fantasia/Diana/Jennifer Hudson - but it's still early.

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-23-05, 07:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: A Better Crop of Idolwannabees this year."
i agree. i think two-thirds of the male semi-finalists were good (bo, mario, anwar, clay-wannabe, constanteeny-booper, and churchboy), and only about a third of the female semi-finalists (aloha, carrie, and ... ok maybe less than a third of the girls).

tig_ger 2098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-23-05, 07:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tig_ger Click to send private message to tig_ger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: A Better Crop of Idolwannabees this year."
If you ask me, this final 24 is better than any previous years final 12.

IMHO, many previous finalists would have never made it as a finalist had they been competing against these people. Off the top of my head, these are the ones who I think would have never made it...

Justin Guarini (1)
Jim Verranos (1)
EJay Day (1)
AJ Gil (1)
RJ Helton (1)
Carmen Rasmusen (2)
Julia DeMato (2)
Rickey Smith (2)
John Stevens (3)
Camile Velasco (3)
Leah LaBelle (3)
Matthew Rogers (3)

A Syren Original

02-23-05, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: A Better Crop of Idolwannabees this year."
*shudders at that list*

DontGetMeStarted 880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-24-05, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DontGetMeStarted Click to send private message to DontGetMeStarted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Oh dear."
My. poor. ears. The thought of all of them in erm, harmony made my ears bleed.

This season is really good though...

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

02-24-05, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: A Better Crop of Idolwannabees this year."
This year's semi-finalists are light-years ahead of the previous seasons' finalists. My eardrums barely bled Monday and Tuesday. There were a few clinkers but overall not too bad. Compare that to Season 1's finalists - Jim, AJ, Nikki, Ryan, to name a few - who made me cringe every time they sang. And, remember, these people were the finalists!

This should be a much better season. I'm just mad that they moved the Wednesday show to 9:00 - right opposite Alias and The West Wing.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

02-24-05, 09:56 AM (EST)
6. "RE: A Better Crop of Idolwannabees this year."
the wednesday night shows are rarely worth watching (particularly at this stage). just check here, see who's gone, and merrily watch your regularly scheduled programming

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-24-05, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: A Better Crop of Idolwannabees this year."
Agree.

Then I can actually avoid feeling sorry for them for the way they are booted. Cuz I *hate* having empathy for reality tv contestant.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •