The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"MB confirms horses."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Lexi 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-06-01, 07:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lexi Click to send private message to Lexi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"MB confirms horses."
Okay I didn't see it myself, but SS is reporting that MB said on ET that the horses will now come into play. Anybody here see this?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: MB confirms horses. Loree 04-06-01 1
   RE: MB confirms horses. SurvivinDawg 04-06-01 2
   RE: MB confirms horses. owen93 04-07-01 8
 Reward Challenge? sleeeve 04-06-01 3
   RE: Reward Challenge? Loree 04-06-01 4
   RE: Reward Challenge? Kokoro 04-07-01 5
 It's Probably Something Mundane... IceCat 04-07-01 6
   RE: It's Probably Something Mundane... GG 04-07-01 7
       RE: It's Probably Something Mundane... bergdogg 04-08-01 9
 question dabo 04-08-01 10
   RE: question Kokoro 04-08-01 11
       RE: Horses...finally an animal that... Dalton 04-08-01 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-06-01, 07:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: MB confirms horses."
MB was on both "Access Hollywood" & "Entertainment Tonight" and he said there will be horses next week. And then he mentioned Rodger is still there and we all know the story about Rodger getting hurt falling off a horse. Then he laughs. MB is cruel. He loves to mock us.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-01, 08:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: MB confirms horses."
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-01 AT 08:05 PM (EST)

O.
M.
G.
<click>

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

"I've never been bored a day in my life. Only boring people get bored." -- Jerri Manthey

When I come in, the party will begin. -- SurvivinDawg

owen93 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-07-01, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail owen93 Click to send private message to owen93 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: MB confirms horses."
LAST EDITED ON 04-07-01 AT 05:19 PM (EST)

Rodger seems to be one of the most visible of the survivors
in his hometown post-game life. If there were any signs of
serious injury it would have been reported to death by now.

In the case of Mike - there were indeed reports of him
returning bandaged.

If Rodger falls from a horse - all it will mean is he doesn't
win the challenge. IMNSHO of course

LUX ./. owen

"I'm like oil, crude but precious"

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-06-01, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Reward Challenge?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-01 AT 08:45 PM (EST)

Maybe we'll see blindfolded people on horseback swinging sticks at each other... did he indicate if Nick would win or not???

Actually, a serious thought:

What if the horses appear in the RC. Rodger might get (minorly) injured and be the "One Survivor misses out on all the drama," while he's being examined in the hospital... after x-rays, it might turn out that he has no broken bones, but "Will this affect this person's standing?" Probably not... If MB is giving us the tip this far in advance, Rodger will probably NOT be voted out next week, as he would not want us to suspect that.

My early prediction: RC involves horses, Rodger has minor injury (maybe horse spooks at lightening bolt???) and is with the medics when the tribe returns to the camp to find everything washed away.

Who would have the best chance of winning a horse challenge??? Maybe our cowboy, Colby... first place in two RCs and second and first place finish in two consecutive ICs in a total of five challenges might be enough to scare the other tribe members into voting for him this week... we'll have to see...

EDITED to sound a little less like George W. "Dubya" Bush... I really hate grammar...

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-01, 08:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Reward Challenge?"
This is what Rich Hatch says in his ET write-up:

"There has been a rumor that Rodger falls off of a horse and is
injured. When chat rooms started buzzing about MICHAEL's burns, the Rodger story began surfacing. My sources tell me it is true that horses come into play on Thursday. But Rodger won't be drastically injured. He just won't be in the game for long."

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-07-01, 03:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Reward Challenge?"
The only way there are going to be horses is if they're wild and part of the scenery....ie. Liz is in the middle of an interview and a group of 'em run by.

And this is a good chance for me to change my sig until I find something new and relevant:

"OMG! <click> Look at the pretty horses!"

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-01, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "It's Probably Something Mundane..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-07-01 AT 04:06 PM (EST)

MB's favorite tactic is to take something completely unimportant out of the episode and spin it in such a way to get people speculating. A great example of this was the 'natural' consequences' reference last week... turned out to be a reference to the 'natural' reaction of the digestive tract to unexpected food.

I figured out that particular reference as soon as I read it.

This reference to the horses will likely be just as mundane. When flash floods occur, what happens? Roads get washed out and dirt roads turn into muddy sloughs. If the crew can't get their vehicles into and out of the site, they will probably resort to using horses to transport equipment to and from the filming sites.

It has also been stated that the tribes had to be driven from site to site for some distant shooting locations and, if the vehicles cannot traverse the muddy roads, they may have to resort to another kind of 'horse power'.

Suffice to say... if MB reveals it in advance... then it has nothing to do with anything important to the show. The 'horses' reference will be entirely without consequence.

IceCat

GG 142 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-07-01, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GG Click to send private message to GG Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: It's Probably Something Mundane..."
Sounds about right to me. What we'll probably see is JP informing the tribe that the site for RC/IC is inacessible by foot. And that as a special treat, they'll be transported on horseback. Cue a lot of "Oh my gosh", "How exciting", blah, blah.

Perhaps Colby will take the opportunity to showboat, possibly to the extent that it annoys his tribe mates. That, or maybe he ends up being useless when asked to demonstrate his cowboy skills and gets remorselessly ridiculed - all talk and no action. Expect some cajoling or jesting anyway. Somebody could even show him up.

bergdogg 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-08-01, 01:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bergdogg Click to send private message to bergdogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: It's Probably Something Mundane..."
AND EVERYTHING MARK BURNETT HAS EVER SAID HAS BEEN CORRECT!!!!!

my ass it has. C'mon, he is pulling your leg.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-01, 02:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "question"
What kind of horses was he talking about, the living kind, the wooden kind, the carousel kind ???

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-08-01, 02:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: question"
Good thinking....but seriously no matter what the horse thing is, count on Early Show footage to be scarce this week, just to drum up some talk of this rumor....

Ooooh watch out everyone there's a "crack" in the alliance. Yeah, maybe; If crack was slang for millionaire.

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-08-01, 04:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Horses...finally an animal that is not FOOD...."
at least I hope. LOL

But rains, roads, mud could have given MB an
evil brainstorm to use the perfectly tame ranch
horses (which early articles told of outer ranch
security patroled by guards on horseback).....
to just ride the contestants to the RC site.

Most would probably ride carefully depending
on their level of horsemanship...perhaps Rodger
just falls off and goes flop! No big deal.

Colby who understandably grew up riding since
he is not really a big city Dallasite...only
moved there recently before leaving for S2.
He might "show off" his skills but it would
probably be to assist a less competant rider.

I think MB has picked up the "horseback" speculations
from early episodes and it is a "red herring" or
much ado about every little.

Dalton

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •