The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"AHAB (or Amber Has a Brain) - now will she use it?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

GG 142 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-06-01, 07:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GG Click to send private message to GG Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"AHAB (or Amber Has a Brain) - now will she use it?"
Who would have thought it? Amber, hitherto so supine that she's turned it into an art form, has finally grown a backbone..of sorts.

Actually, I'm not going to mock her that much. Anybody who can make it to the final six by not playing the game deserves a bit of kudos. She's come a long way by doing very little. No mini-alliances, no threatening behavior, no offensive remarks, no ruffling of feathers. She's pulled her weight but not exceptionally so, deferred to others and has generally stayed out of the way.

Alright, she's still not the brightest spark around but she would have to be a complete simpleton not to see the possibilites that now lie in front of her. So let's try and antcipate her next move....

First, to review:

Amber no longer trusts Tina, Keith and Colby as much as before. But she felt that the Kuchas could just as easily screw her over. Ultimately, she decided that sticking with her original tribe was the way to go and Nick was gone.

However, this is a dangerous assumption. The fact she voted for Nick MAY allude to her staying with old tribal lines but that would have required a good talking to by T/C/K and informing her to vote Nick. Say that's true. If you were Amber, you'd have cause to be wary about anything they told you. They kept her in the dark about Jerri and trusting them with total conviction would be utter stupidity. She even admitted to being an outsider and being let down about that.

But she reasons that staying with the Ogies makes sense in whatever way she chooses to define it. Of course, she may feel even better about that now given the two votes that Rodger and Liz gave her. Does she know for sure though? Leaving aside her ability to recognize handwriting, for all she knows any two of Keith, Tina or Colby could have cast those votes. She thinks they fear a reprisal for what happened to Jerri, ergo, best to get rid of her and eliminate the possibility of her switching sides altogether. And re the previous paragraph, she's not really part of the alliance anyomore, an outsider looking in.

Even if she is certain that Rodger and Liz gave her those votes, why should that be upsetting? It was never going to be enough to send her packing even if Nick had added his vote too. And Nick didn't. So Kucha went for a convenient Ogie target and that happened to be her - playing the game exactly as her former tribe had been doing. Weighing that up against being blindsided in regards to Jerri, which do you think she'd take more personally? I'm guessing the latter. She would also have to be daft as brush now not to realize now that should it come down to an all Ogakor final four, she'd the first to go. Keith, Colby and Tina have made it abudantly clear for her simply by leaving her out of the decision making.

Just as plausible however is that 1) Amber came to her decision independently or 2) she's become part of a a new master plan involving Liz and Rodger:-

For the former, Nick had dropped broad hints that he was ready to go. So easy to give the man his wish with the added bonus of placating the Ogies. And it's not as if she didn't know who they were going to vote for anyway. Nick was the first pick until his winning IC scuppered their plans. In a way, dictating her own terms could be an advantage. She wouldn't have to commit either way and can wait until the outcome of the next IC before making up her mind. That way, in theory at least, she can have an influence on the makeup of the final four. Go with the flow ot throw a spanner in the works if it suits her. The downside is of course she becomes a loose cannon and the threat that goes with it.

The second scenario some have already discussed and I have to admit if it exists, it's a plan and a half. The bonding between Amber and Liz which Colby mentions in Ep.10 would certainly give weight to that. The potential snag to that though, as has been alluded by their touching/holding hands, is Amber becoming smitten with Colby. A conflict of interests? Who holds sway?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Re: AHAB LowRent 04-07-01 1
   RE: Re: AHAB managerr 04-09-01 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

LowRent 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-07-01, 04:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LowRent Click to send private message to LowRent Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Re: AHAB"
I'd like to take this time to officially apologize for all the "Amber is a moron" jokes I have made on previous threads. I'm beginning to see her now in a more favorable (post-Jerri) light, and have been impressed with what I've seen. OK, I've purged, now I feel better.

Now, going back months and months, here's an interesting Amber quote made prior to the airing of the first show of the season:
"I know what all the other contestants are thinking,...relate to them on a personal level. I think at first people think I'm charming, funny, kind of a nice girl, doesn't have a mean bone in her body. What they won't know is that I can be mean, and I can be conniving, the kind of person that's going to kick you off."

This confirms (to me) that
1: AHAB
2: At some point in the game, Amber has to make a difficult but strategic decision, i.e. vote out Keith or Colby in E11. She has been the loyal pup thus far but must feel that her head is on the chopping block next. After all, Keith & Tina refused to vote out Rodger or Lis on one occasion, what's to stop them from taking out Amber next? Since we have not seen her "mean" or "conniving" side yet, I'm convinced that it's gotta come out soon.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-09-01, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Re: AHAB"
Not necessarily. In some cases, the quotes were exactly the *opposite* of what each character did.

Maralyn's was something like: "We'll keep the strong men around in the beginning and then have the battle of the bitches at the end!" Her first vote is for Strong Man Kel.

Alicia's mentioned about saying low on the radar so she wouldn't be seen as too much of a threat. Then she proceeds to stand on a pole for 10 hours and establishes herself as a threat.

Tina's "We'll vote off all the nasty people and leave the nice people in the end" can be read in different ways. Sure banished Jerri, but not before banishing Kel and Maralyn.

It's very possible that quote was included because Amber turns out to be anything but duplicitous, rather she plays the lap dog role to the end.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •