The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Article about Johnny Red"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-01-04, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Article about Johnny Red"
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-04 AT 03:09 PM (EST)

John Stevens: The Face of Defeat

It says he knows voters are keeping him around for the wrong reason, and it'll soon be his time to go.

Editted to fix link...sorry 'bout that.

Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice o-

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Article about Johnny Red I_AM_HE 04-01-04 1
 RE: Article about Johnny Red Mizz Eve 04-01-04 2
   RE: Article about Johnny Red nailbone 04-01-04 5
 RE: Article about Johnny Red brvnkrz 04-01-04 3
 Hey Boner! Breezy 04-01-04 4
 RE: Article about Johnny Red Glow 04-01-04 6
   RE: Article about Johnny Red emydi 04-01-04 9
 RE: Article about Johnny Red greenmonstah 04-01-04 7
   RE: Article about Johnny Red I_AM_HE 04-01-04 8
       RE: Article about Johnny Red ginger 04-01-04 11
   RE: Article about Johnny Red strid333 04-01-04 10
 RE: Article about Johnny Red EnglProf 04-01-04 12
 big band week Angelfood 04-01-04 13
 RE: Article about Johnny Red managerr 04-01-04 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-04, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Article about Johnny Red"
I'm just LOLing at the name of the website

JPL is YOUR next American Idol!

Mizz Eve 368 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-01-04, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mizz%20Eve Click to send private message to Mizz%20Eve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Article about Johnny Red"
The link doesn't work. Could you re-post it please. Thank ya

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-04, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Article about Johnny Red"
Eddited to fix. Try it again. Sorry about that.

Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice o-

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-04, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Article about Johnny Red"
The link didn't work for me, but I got a sense last night that hew knew he didn't belong there. I hope he doesn't quit though. But he must know he is out of his element. I feel bad for him because I think he is probably a really nice kid but just doesn't belong here.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-04, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Hey Boner!"
You're link is broke.

Made ya look!

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-04, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Article about Johnny Red"
I agree with the "he looked defeated" thing. But why compare him to Josh? I *heart* Josh.

an incredible JSlice creation

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-04, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Article about Johnny Red"
I commented last nite as I was watching the show that John not being in the bottom 3 was exactly like when Josh was not in the bottom 3 and RUUUUUben was. Both Josh and John knew they should have been there.

EMYDI

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-04, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Article about Johnny Red"
I think the legal age for competing in AI should be mandated to 18 yrs of age. This poor kid is too young to be up there. He should have waited for AI 6 to compete. It would have been a slam dunk for this talented kid. I am afraid he is going to break down and lose it. I really think he wants out. Maybe the Quit Boat will make a special trip to the studio and put John out of his misery...As much as I love to bash, my heart goes out to this kid and I think the pressure is overwhelming him.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-04, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Article about Johnny Red"
once again, i completely agree with you greenmonstah!

John, Camile, Jasmine, Diana - all are good singers, but none are good enough YET. and all are under 18. it is a damn shame taht talented singers like Amy and Jennifer are going before any one of them.

The other thing about these young voters is they have an entire high school of young people and teachers that will vote hundreds of times each for them, giving them an unfair advantage over those already out of school (of course you could also say the same for those in college, so maybe it's not quite a fair quibble, but i'd like to think college students at least could be a bit more discriminate)

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-04, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Article about Johnny Red"

Christina Agulara (too lazy to google spelling) could have sung rings around these guys at age 13. Ditto Beyonce.

"Any government that would deny a gay man bridal registry is fascist." Margaret Cho

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-01-04, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Article about Johnny Red"
I agree. He seems too young and is probably being in complete awe about the whole AI experience. My opinion, when I heard him on Tues, was that he sounded tired and exhausted. He probably didn't sleep much the night before or even the week before. My dad said that there were times when he couldn't control his voice just because he was running on sleep deprived empty but he said that whenever something important (like a final exam recitel or a special concert) he would make sure he got enough sleep by doing things like turn the phone off. You can suck at practices (that's what they're for) but you can't at the performances because that is what the people remember.

Three is the perfect number.

EnglProf 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-01-04, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnglProf Click to send private message to EnglProf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Article about Johnny Red"
I have a problem with this article (or maybe how you set it up Nailbone-- sorry!) because it seems to suggest that this is fact. I imagine John felt sorry that others were being booted out and feels bad because his performance was worse than some of their performances on Tuesday, but overall John has sung better (or more interestingly) than some of them and his fans know it. So, I completely disagree with your statement that voters are keeping John around for the wrong reason.

I voted for John for the right reasons-- because I really like his voice and I want to see him continue to perform.

This article seems to assert opinion in the guise of fact based on what happened to Josh last year, which isn't particularly strong precedent. I didn't think Josh could sing (sorry Josh fans!!) and I do think John can sing. He wasn't good on Tuesday but all in all I find him much more talented than many of the others.

Also, the article's author mentions nothing about Camile and the pitiful looks on her face everyweek as the results are read. She too, can be said to be guilty for not leaving, but people really like to pick on John-- especially those that don't like him.

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-01-04, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "big band week"
Aww c'mon,
now, the producers HAD to keep him.
What would Big Band week be like w/o young blue eyes??

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-01-04, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Article about Johnny Red"
I can't believe there are so many mind readers when it comes to AI. All we know is that Jon S. looked sad. They all looked sad. Doesn't mean that they thought they should be there in the Bottom 3. He could have just been close with Amy--as a lot of them were.

It is one of my AI pet peeves when someone just assumes by someone else's facial expressions that they want to give up in the competition because they interpreted their sad emotions as guilt.

They are all free to walk out the door at any time, there is nothing keeping them there.

Look at the source people, does anyone think that David Bloomberg has any sort of credibility based on his analysis of other reality shows?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •