The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Weakest Link Canceled"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-14-02, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Weakest Link Canceled"

Due to poor ratings NBC will not have the Weakest Link on its schedule next fall.
This really sucks since the whole reason they have low ratings is because they have put lame celebrities on for the past 4 months, celebrities I have never even heard of.
If they would have just kept using regular people their ratings would have stayed high.
I have no idea why they started using stupid non-name celebrities and never went back to regular people.
How stupid are they

So long Mrs. Robinson

Hail Kathy! the Sole survivor!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Weakest Link Canceled PagongRatEater 05-14-02 1
 RE: Weakest Link Canceled Bebo 05-14-02 2
 Because somebody HAS to say it.... s_man 05-14-02 3
   RE: Because somebody HAS to say it.... PagongRatEater 05-14-02 4
 RE: Weakest Link Canceled SurvivorBlows 05-15-02 5
 RE: Weakest Link Canceled JeffGator 05-15-02 6
 Anne is bitter! PagongRatEater 05-16-02 7
   RE: Anne is bitter! Drive My Car 05-18-02 9
 RE: Weakest Link Canceled Jonnycumlately 05-17-02 8
 RE: Weakest Link Canceled spartan 05-18-02 10
 RE: Weakest Link Canceled Loree 05-19-02 11
 RE: Weakest Link Canceled JeffGator 05-30-02 12
   RE: Weakest Link Canceled Kokoro 05-30-02 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-14-02, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Weakest Link Canceled"
I can't speak for others, but as for me, I got tired of Robinson's nasty comments. I know it's part of the show and it first it was funny...then it just became annoying. Add to that the fact that the strongest link always got voted off at the end and got no chance at that money and I just stopped watching. It would have helped if they had given the strongest link in each round immunity and figured out a way to bump the prize money, but in the end the show was just too mean to enjoy.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-02, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Weakest Link Canceled"
I got bored with it the one time the three stupidest people who ever went on the show formed an alliance and got rid of the people who could actually answer questions like "What color is the sky?" The only thing amusing about that episode was watching my little old mother yell at the TV.

The only episode I saw that was really good was one of the celebrity ones. When they had the "Star Trek" episode, they voted off the weakest or second weakest player every time. The two best (Geordie and Voyager's Doctor) were the last two and racked up the highest total they ever had on the show. That one was fun to watch.

I haven't been called a "snot" since...oh...yesterday!

'Canes Rock! Beat Canada!

s_man 579 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-14-02, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail s_man Click to send private message to s_man Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Because somebody HAS to say it...."
You ARE the Weakest Link....

GOODBYE

05-14-02, 11:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Because somebody HAS to say it...."
ARGGHHH!! I guess it had to be said, but I sure wish it hadn't....

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-02, 00:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Weakest Link Canceled"
Moving to the other reality tv shows forum

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-15-02, 03:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Weakest Link Canceled"
I hated this show for several reasons. For one, I couldn't stand the host. She says some funny things, but for the most part she just comes off as an annoying bltch. Also, I thought the game was really unfair, because a lot of times at the end, the weaker players would join together and vote off the strongest one. A lot of times a very undeserving player would win. I also agree that they did too many celebrity shows with people I had never even heard of! When you're doing a game show and all your contestants are from the daytime soap opera "Passions," you know you are in serious trouble.

"Vee will win Survivor. Not because she's such a good player - after all, she's aligned with Sean, who is an idiot - but rather because she is lucky."--Richard Hatch in US Weekly

05-16-02, 04:56 PM (EST)
7. "Anne is bitter!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-16-02 AT 04:59 PM (EST)

As if in confirmation of my already low opinion of her, Ms. Robinson decided to lash out at President Bush, "stupid Americans" and our great country. Enjoy your trip back to the land of bad teeth, fog and other snooty prigs like yourself.

ANNE Robinson, the flame-haired quiz show dominatrix, is not impressed. The Weakest Link is to be shelved in the United States as a result of declining audience figures and Anne, who has made no secret of her contempt for American intellect, is taking no prisoners.

America, You are the Weakest Link, Goodbye! "On one US show I asked a young soap star how many minutes there were in half an hour," Anne says, wearily. "And she said 60."

Damn. She figured out that all of our Soap Opera stars aren't Nobel Prize Winners. Let's hope she doesn't talk to any Baywatch stars.

Nor is she much impressed by their leader. "I saw George Bush at a benefit concert actually waving at Stevie Wonder," she says, incredulously. "Someone had to tell him 'he can't see you'." Anne wanted to mention the incident on a US chat show but, post- September 11, criticising Dubya was deemed unpatriotic.

"Suddenly, you couldn't say anything about him," she says. "Before September 11, I remember asking on TV if Bush knew where Europe was. Then suddenly, you had to act as if he was Einstein."

Does she think Americans are definitively more stupid than the Brits? "You have to remember that only five per cent of Americans have passports," she says. "That explains a lot..."

Perhaps that has something to do with the two big OCEANS that surround our country. Oh yeah, I guess when you come from a country about the size of New Jersey. BTW, how's the British Empire doing these?

"Of course, the real test will be whether Americans can concentrate for an hour," says Anne, lapsing into her old ways. Descended from a long line of North Wales Wynne-Jones, I have to take issue with her over her anti- Welsh comments on BBC2's Room 101.

I'll finish this article after my nap it's getting too long.

Fortunately for the Valleys, she has a new target. Last year she upset Americans by declaring that few US citizens knew anywhere outside of Idaho - and she despairs of her Stateside contestants.

You mean there's ANOTHER Moscow in...how do you say it..Rush-ah.

"You can always tell Texans," she says. "They wear big, bright, multi- coloured sweaters. Every time I see one, I think God's made another rainbow. Then you get the clean-shaven Right-wing Christian types. The Jews on our team are always laughing at them saying: 'He wouldn't have let us hide in his attic.'"

Jews! In Texas! Get a rope.

She does, however, have a kind word for Bill Clinton. "I think he did womankind a great favour. He proved that giving your boss a blow job in the photocopying cupboard is not dating. Nor is it clever. Throughout history, the disappointment of women is that they are attracted to power."

Sparkling political commentary. I bow down to your wit and insightfulness.

I never liked you in the first place, Anne, and the stupid American public was smart enough to see that your show had become tiresome.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-02, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Anne is bitter!"
HaHaHa When was Anne not bitter?

Thanks Pagong, I could never stand this b*tch and thought the show was boring. She isn't witty, she is mean.

Loved your comments though!!

Let her return to a Country where even she is considered good looking. ( oops didn't mean to dis all the Brits, but Puleeze)

Jonnycumlately 206 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-17-02, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jonnycumlately Click to send private message to Jonnycumlately Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Weakest Link Canceled"
Yah!

spartan 280 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-18-02, 10:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail spartan Click to send private message to spartan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Weakest Link Canceled"
Good riddance.

I never liked the schtick with this show. Her insults were never funny, IMO, because they were so forced. Bank. Add to that the fact that the best players were routinely booted - bank - and that the show - bank - became survival - bank - of - bank - the dumbest - bank - and this show - bank - will not be missed. Bank.

(Ooh, someone might have a shot at answering a question for $5k, better bank!)

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-02, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Weakest Link Canceled"
I first saw this show when I was in London and I thought it was hilarious. But when they made the American version I just never enjoyed it. I think the show was maybe better in small doses. It just got to be the same thing over and over. Wasn't funny or interesting anymore.

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-30-02, 05:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Weakest Link Canceled"
Another thing i hated about the show was how unfair it was at the very end, when often the 2 weaker players would vote off the strongest link, so they would have a better chance of winning the final round. That is just so unfair. Many times the best player would get voted out right at the end. They should have made the strongest link in each round immune from getting voted off.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-30-02, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Weakest Link Canceled"
See but then she wouldn't get to make snooty comments when they vote off a good player ;)

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •