The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Observations and spoilage, Ep. 10"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-06-01, 06:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Observations and spoilage, Ep. 10"
1. Lis and Rodger voting for Amber: Did they think that some Ogas, having waxed Jerri, would now wax Amber? Did they have some sort of agreement with T/K and went for Amber, being unable to vote for Colby? After the typical MB buildup showing Lis and Amber "bonding" (which might come into play in the future, mind you), we saw these Kuchas vote for Amber and NOT FOR TINA OR KEITH. Verrrrry interesting.

1a. Even more interesting: Nick adds a vote to Keith's total. An arrangement with Colby? Realizing that he was a goner, probably didn't care that he was a goner (said he was sick TWICE), and perhaps having formed some secret alliance with Colby after the pole-standing IC that Keith won, Nick then helps out the Colbster with a vote for the ONE GUY who might "compete" with Colby in collected votes, instead of voting as the other Kuchas did. I'm not totally surprised, I think Nick's alliances, such as they were, were with Alicia and Jeff, not KJ and LisJustIs.

2. Colby was excited at winning IC, just a shade TOO excited. I think that he has an idea what is coming to him if he isn't careful. As many of you said in the past week, the waxing of Jerri means that T/K took dominant control of Ogakor away from the Colbster. I have him pegged as next week's invitee to the ranch.

3. The Colbster had to give up his Texas state flag. After using it as a shelter and getting it stained and dirty, he and Tina (I think) oh, so carefully fold it up, then he tells JP "take good care of this". Hey, I've got some no-longer-offical Georgia state flags for your shelter, Colby!

4. I'll have to review the tape to see exactly where, but at one point the group was gathering to go somewhere and Colby and Amber started holding hands as they walked. Hmmm.....

5. MB editing leads us to believe that Amber is alone and unable to trust anyone RIGHT BEFORE TC. I'll have to review the tape, but I suspect some time-shifting editing by ol' MB here.

6. That Brain Trust group has it together! They correctly picked the IC winner (boy! did I gasp when Nick was the first to start putting water in his bucket!), what the IC was, the bootee, and several other predictions. Three weeks in a row they've done this, and I salute their correctness.

7. I salute those of you who predicted shelter-for-food. You could tell that JP (and likely MB) was furious that the Tribe had no food left. JP said that they should've had enough to last the rest of their days out there. I'm skeptical of that, but JP really played it up. I don't think the players realized that they actually had bargaining power: MB can't afford to have them starving out there. They should've negotiated harder.

8. Okay, y'all can stop laughing at Jerri's appearance on the Jury. I'll try to stop laughing also.

9. Further notes as y'all add them and as I review the tapes.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Save the drama for yo mama, and POST SPOILERS!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Nick was throwing the vote.... Superman 04-06-01 1
   RE: Nick was throwing the vote.... Annadad 04-06-01 2
   RE: Nick was throwing the vote.... Loree 04-06-01 18
 RE: Observations and spoilage, Ep. ... cass12 04-06-01 3
   RE: Observations and spoilage, Ep. ... MDSkinner 04-06-01 5
       RE: Observations and spoilage, Ep. ... Play2Survive 04-06-01 6
           RE: Observations and spoilage, Ep. ... MDSkinner 04-06-01 7
           RE: Observations and spoilage, Ep. ... MadforMadDog 04-06-01 14
           RE: Observations and spoilage, Ep. ... SurvivinDawg 04-06-01 17
       RE: Observations and spoilage, Ep. ... Annadad 04-07-01 20
 RE: Observations and spoilage, Ep. ... MDSkinner 04-06-01 4
   RE: Observations and spoilage, Ep. ... samiam 04-06-01 9
       RE: Observations and spoilage, Ep. ... MDSkinner 04-06-01 10
 RE: Observations and spoilage, Ep. ... landruajm 04-06-01 8
 RE: Observations and spoilage, Ep. ... 40thandUp 04-06-01 11
   RE: Observations and spoilage, Ep. ... MDSkinner 04-06-01 12
   RE: Observations and spoilage, Ep. ... samiam 04-06-01 13
       RE: Observations and spoilage, Ep. ... crazy canuck 04-06-01 15
           RE: Observations and spoilage, Ep. ... PagongRatEater 04-06-01 16
           RE: Observations and spoilage, Ep. ... Kokoro 04-07-01 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Superman 3157 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-06-01, 06:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Superman Click to send private message to Superman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Nick was throwing the vote...."
I think that Nick was ready to go. No.....I don't think it, I know it. He said flat out that he was ready to go. I believe that somewhere in the back of his mind he realized that it was possible if he,Liz and KJ voted Amber, Colby would go that way too, sooooooooooo, in order to give himself the chance to go home, he threw his vote. Worst case scenario for him then would be a tie w/ Amber, where he could try to convince the others to vote him off ala Mitchell.

Annadad 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-06-01, 07:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Annadad Click to send private message to Annadad Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Nick was throwing the vote...."
I think Nick knew that given the voting situation and tribal loyalties, etc, he had little or no chance of winning so why keep going through all that misery? Better to go now rather than lasting for another round or two to ultimately lose anyway. What I don't understand though is if this was his mind set, why did he work so hard at getting immunity last round and work so hard again last night?

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-01, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Nick was throwing the vote...."
Yes Nick said on The Early Show that the game wasn't fun anymore. If he had won the IC it would have been great. But once he lost that he knew he was going. He told Liz and Rodger to vote for whoever they wanted. He knew he was going and he just wanted to go out voting for someone who really annoyed him. For once he wasn't doing the team agreement thing. He was doing what he wanted. He threw his vote at the one person he thought was arrogant and didn't deserve to win. Something to remember if Keith gets to the final. He probably won't be getting Nick's vote.

cass12 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-06-01, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cass12 Click to send private message to cass12 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Observations and spoilage, Ep. 10"
Maybe I'm crazy, but it seems like they were building up quite a bit to Liz and Amber becoming close. Colby had made the comment that they were starting to bond, and there was even a short clip showing them walking off alone, and "high-fiving" each other.

This got me thinking that maybe Amber IS going to move over to Kucha. Liz mentioned that Amber should be worried because it was so easy to get rid of Jerri, why not her... Maybe L/R voted for her to make T/K/C think Amber had no chance of going to Kucha, therefore not voting her off. Amber also stuck to the OGI alliance by voting for Nick. As far as T/K/C can tell, they don't need to worry about Amber for now.

Next week A/R/E will target either Keith or Colby (I am leaning towards Colby becuase of the recent immunity/threat factor)

Just a thought...I am new so please forgive me if this has already been explored.

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-06-01, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Observations and spoilage, Ep. 10"
>>Next week A/R/E will target either Keith or Colby (I am
>>leaning towards Colby becuase of the recent immunity/threat
>>factor)

I would have agree with your assessment before last night. But because Liz and Rodger voted for Amber(and she should be able to figure out that at least one of them did) I can not see any reason why she would now go to their side, having been betrayed by someone who was just starting to get closer to her. I hope I am wrong, but their having voted for her may have been their end.

Play2Survive 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-06-01, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Play2Survive Click to send private message to Play2Survive Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Observations and spoilage, Ep. 10"
I think that Cass was suggesting that it was intentional. Thinking about this further (and perhaps too much), L/R voting for Amber could be a tactic to either:

1) lead C/T/K to believe they do not have any pact going with A. If L has made progress with A, she can still switch over without worrying that the others were on to her. I don't know why Amber would agree to this as a ploy (it's not really necessary), but Liz and Rodger could be thinking:

2) that it's a bit of a threat. They just gave Amber her first 2 votes, and if she doesn't vote WITH them, they'll give her 2 more in E11. I don't know if L/R are this strategic, but this would be a classic low-threat bargaining tactic. Now Amber is more likely (not less) to come to them in desperation.

Just adding to Cass's observation.

04-06-01, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Observations and spoilage, Ep. 10"
>>1) lead C/T/K to believe they do not have any pact going with
>>A. If L has made progress with A, she can still switch over
>>without worrying that the others were on to her. I don't know
>>why Amber would agree to this as a ploy (it's not really
>>necessary), but Liz and Rodger could be thinking:

I think that this could definitely be a tactical move on their part, especially if they are able to make it to the final four and she is one of those in the final four. With these two votes, she would not longer beat Liz in the tie breaker, and that could play to their advantage big time. The problem is that they have to make the final four, and if I were Amber I would not join two people that had just voted against me.

>>2) that it's a bit of a threat. They just gave Amber her first
>>2 votes, and if she doesn't vote WITH them, they'll give her 2
>>more in E11. I don't know if L/R are this strategic, but this
>>would be a classic low-threat bargaining tactic. Now Amber is
>>more likely (not less) to come to them in desperation.

I think that it threatens them to do this far more than it threatens Amber. Even if they do give her two more votes in the next episode, Amber knows for a fact that she will still have fewer than either Keith or Colby, so this is really not a threat to her at all, as long as she continues to vote against them. If Amber is thinking at all, she would be sure to vote one of them out this round, just for this reason. She knows that two more votes for her are not really going to effect anything. She already has more than Tina and she already has fewer than either Keith or Colby. Two more votes are not going to change that fact. So the way that I see it, the only thing that they have really done here is hurt their own chances. She is not going to be more likely to come over, because two more votes is not a threat to her as long as she stays voting with the Oga's.

MadforMadDog 48 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-01, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MadforMadDog Click to send private message to MadforMadDog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Observations and spoilage, Ep. 10"
If this pact is true. Amber is a good actress since she looked like she was craping her pants when those votes popped up.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-01, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Observations and spoilage, Ep. 10"
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-01 AT 04:29 PM (EST)

P2S, let me see if I have this straight: The girl that just watched her friend be booted, just watched her old tribe fail to tell her anything about it, the girl who has no idea where she fits into all this...

... is threatened by Kentucky Joe, the nicest guy out there and "father figure" and spiritual leader for that entire group, and LisLisJustIsIs, who even Jerri said was the most sweet and loveable person out there.

I'm not sure I am following at all the logic or reality of this.

My guess is that Lis and Rodger were hoping that since Ogakor voted Jerri off, they might as well try for Amber, too. Didn't work. Also didn't count on big Nick giving Keith a vote, possibly at Colby's (secret) request.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

"If I were perfect, I'd run for God." -- Corporal Maxwell Q. Klinger, 4077th MASH

Annadad 26 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-01, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Annadad Click to send private message to Annadad Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Observations and spoilage, Ep. 10"
I agree MD, Lis and Roger made a mistake voting for Amber. If they had any chance at all to get Amber to defect, they just blew it by scaring her back to the Ogakor alliance. Their votes were a waste anyway, everybody knew Nick was a goner. They accomplished nothing by voting for Amber but may have lost their best hope for breaking up the Ogies.

04-06-01, 10:06 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Observations and spoilage, Ep. 10"
>>1. Lis and Rodger voting for Amber: Did they think that some
>>Ogas, having waxed Jerri, would now wax Amber? Did they have
>>some sort of agreement with T/K and went for Amber, being
>>unable to vote for Colby? After the typical MB buildup showing
>>Lis and Amber "bonding" (which might come into play in the
>>future, mind you), we saw these Kuchas vote for Amber and NOT
>>FOR TINA OR KEITH. Verrrrry interesting.

This was by far the most interesting aspect of the voting to me. I think that Liz and Rodger may have just diminished their only chance right here. It seems to me that Tina and Keith are very tight and will stick it out to the end. They may very well turn on Colby because he is such a threat to win immunity, but I do not think that they will do that this week if they want to have any chance of winning themselves. It seemed to me that Amber was the "outsider" of the Oga group, and that Liz and KJ might have been able to sway her vote with them since she did feel somewhat betrayed. Now that they have voted for her, I can see no reason why they she would even consider siding with them any longer. At this point I think Amber will definitely stick with the other Oga's. If Keith and Tina are smart enough to keep Colby around for at least one more week, they can get rid of either Liz or Rodger and they will not have to worry about a final four in which it would be the two of them against two others(where they would lose for sure unless Keith won immunity). Sadly I think by voting for Amber, it is possible that Liz and KJ may have finished themselves off. I hope I am wrong and we find some good spoiler info this week to negate that idea.

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-01, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Observations and spoilage, Ep. 10"
That was my first thought when I saw Amber's name on that piece of paper...why the bloody hell would E/R vote for Amber when wooing her to their side is the only hope they have left? Unless, of course, there really IS a GGA. Or maybe they either assumed K/T/C were voting for Amber after voting Jerri out last week, or Tina told them that's what was going to happen (and if anyone were going to feed them a line, it would be Tina). Hmmm...the plot thinnens.

04-06-01, 10:58 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Observations and spoilage, Ep. 10"
>>Hmmm...the plot thinnens.

That is exactly what I am afraid of.

landruajm 6040 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-01, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail landruajm Click to send private message to landruajm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Observations and spoilage, Ep. 10"
>1. Lis and Rodger voting for
>Amber: Did they think
>that some Ogas, having waxed
>Jerri, would now wax Amber?

I'm thinking YES. These guys are starved and battered and brainwashed and sheltered--especially Lizliz, apparently.

We've got the big pic and we're (presumably) eating. It's not stunning that they're doing dumb things, and that they sometimes don't apply what we think of as logic.

La Femme Nikita, on the other hand, had enough brain activity left to foreshadow (postshadow) a grateful nation's reaction to the Jerri-stomping by singing "ding dong" at the morning-after fire...

>4. I'll have to review
>the tape to see exactly
>where, but at one point
>the group was gathering to
>go somewhere and Colby and
>Amber started holding hands as
>they walked. Hmmm.....

It was after the rice deal, as they were walking up to tear down the shelter. It seared my brain, and I will never recover. Please give me the good drugs now.

>8. Okay, y'all can stop
>laughing at Jerri's appearance on
>the Jury. I'll try
>to stop laughing also.

I'm not going to stop laughing and you can't make me...I believe I have something like 3 or 4 more weeks worth of giggles coming to me over this, and Marky Mark, Spawn of Satan, can't take it from me...

40thandUp 43 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-01, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 40thandUp Click to send private message to 40thandUp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Observations and spoilage, Ep. 10"
<6. That Brain Trust group has it together! >

Who are the Brain Trust Group? I don't recall seeing anything here before about them. (Unless I've just not noticed) I'd like to see what they think of next week, since they are 3 in row.

04-06-01, 11:11 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Observations and spoilage, Ep. 10"
It is the group from ellipsiiis.com. They put out their picks every week, and they have a solid group of people discussing the show, similar to this board.

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-01, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Observations and spoilage, Ep. 10"
May as well stick with us, then...we're four for four, aren't we?

crazy canuck 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-06-01, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail crazy%20canuck Click to send private message to crazy%20canuck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Observations and spoilage, Ep. 10"
I've never registered before because I really enjoy just lurking. There are some phenomenal insights here. But I had to this time because I can't believe you people can't see the obvsious alignment between R/E/A. Amber knows if she sticks with the Ogies she's gone in fourth place at best. If she crosses to the Kuchas nothing's for sure so she cuts a deal with Liz and Roger... she knows the Ogies are gunning for Nick, Liz is tired of Nick so they let it happen. Liz and Roger cast votes for Amber in a feable attempt to throw off the Ogies. It doesn't matter, there's nothing they can do. Next week Colby or Keith are gone, the other the week after. Things have to change after that, we know Tina is in the final two, Jerri has told us as much. I'm not sure about the final three other than Tina is there. These should be obvious.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-01, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Observations and spoilage, Ep. 10"
Wait! I must have missed something. How/When did Jerri provide the information on Tina being in the final two? If Tina is in the final two, I think it makes the alliance breakdowns pretty obvious. Could someone expand on this one?

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-07-01, 05:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Observations and spoilage, Ep. 10"
LAST EDITED ON 04-07-01 AT 05:16 AM (EST)

Welcome to the board, my brethren! Of course I'm refering to the Canuck part....I think ^_~

<<It doesn't matter, there's nothing they can do.>>

Well first off, being sick of somebody does not mean you should screw your chances of winning....this has been said earlier, but voting for Amber would not be necessary if they were allied....it was pretty much just a stupid move probably decided by Liz, who it seems would rather have Tina with her.

<<we know Tina is in the final two, Jerri has told us as much. I'm not sure about the final three other than Tina is there.>>

Hold your horses, Jerri didn't say anything of the sort....some people here are amazing speculators but this was only inferred from comments Jerri made during her interviews.

EDIT: This thread has some things about the above:

http://community.survivorblows.com/boards/DCForumID2/1166.shtml

Ooooh watch out everyone there's a "crack" in the alliance. Yeah, maybe; If crack was slang for millionaire.

And my new mascot type thingy:

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •