The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
""Be the Idol" game - Sign Up and Rules"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-10-05, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
""Be the Idol" game - Sign Up and Rules"
LAST EDITED ON 02-15-05 AT 10:09 PM (EST)

This is a game where we post weekly dialogue, speaking for the contestants, asking "them" questions, and praising or bashing them. There is no guessing who is gonna be eliminated. There are no points and its not a competition, just survival of the fittest by choosing who to speak for and hoping they go far in the show.
ETA: I must add that the contestants will be praised, bashed, and poked fun at. If this may possibly upset you, then be warned. It is not to be taken seriously.

RULES
1. Casting: Sign up for a Character from the show to speak for/represent. One spot per character - first come basis. You may not be someone already taken or reserved. I try to be fair and work it out if there is a problem.
2. Please post at least once a week/episode, at least until your contestant is eliminated, after that - optional, you may still add comments. If you're gonna be out or you'd like to "osten", just send me a PM. If you miss 2 weeks without notice, I might have to reassign the character.
3. Sign the bottom of EVERY post you write with your character's name or picture. characters are difficult to keep track of. ok? I will provide you with a pic, or if you are really a DAW, you could add it as an extension to your existing sigpic.
4. Speak as your character would speak, and speak for them. Share your character's inner thoughts about what happened in the episode, and what they think of the others. Praise, tease or Bash away. Be Funny.
5. Have fun, this is not for SERIOUS bashing. Also, be careful not to post any big spoilers (like who is going). Don't bash other players personally.
6. If your character's eliminated, you get the priviledge of writing your own "final remarks", so PLEASE DO. You are encouraged to continue to post.
7. If your character wins, you win.... the coveted title of "Be the American Idol 4" Winner and that is all.

**NOTE** - Anyone not signed up as a character/Idol, is still invited to participate with us, just not as one of the characters. We love for you to make comments & ask questions about the characters or about posts - be yourself, or a cameraperson or other crew - be creative. (If any characters become available, I will put a Notice post in the thread.)

If you are new to this, please visit my similar threads in Survivor Bashers and the Apprentice so see some examples. It is not absolutely necessary to catch both shows each week, but you should have seen some of your character's song and/or comments (on Results Show or internet clips).

So, is there enough interest for this here? I am starting early, to give a week or 2 start up. Although the semi-finalists are not chosen yet, they will be by next week, and we have a pretty good idea of who should make it through. If your person gets eliminated before the semifinals, I will reassign you to a character that hasn't been chosen yet.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
   RE: Sign up = Contestant List badger 02-10-05 2
   Scott Provemydadwrong Soval Ricky 02-11-05 3
       RE: Scott Provemydadwrong Soval Flairmarq 02-11-05 4
   carrie farmgirl sorgee 02-14-05 5
       RE: carrie farmgirl sorgee 02-15-05 8
   Oooh Oooh Oooh Devious Weasel 02-15-05 6
       RE: Oooh Oooh Oooh Angelfood 02-15-05 7
           RE: Oooh Oooh Oooh Devious Weasel 02-16-05 12
   RE: Sign up = Contestant List kidflash212 02-15-05 9
       RE: Sign up = Contestant List kidflash212 02-18-05 19
   RE: Sign up = Contestant List BriarRosie 02-16-05 14
   RE: Sign up = Contestant List aquariaqueen 02-21-05 25
       RE: Sign up = Contestant List aquariaqueen 02-21-05 28
   Can I be Bo? Java 02-24-05 31
       Yes! Angelfood 02-24-05 32
 Sigpics here Angelfood 02-15-05 10
   RE: Sigpics here badger 02-16-05 11
   NEW Sigpics here Angelfood 02-21-05 27
 RE: "Be the Idol" game - Sign Up an... seahorse 02-16-05 13
 RE: "Be the Idol" game - Sign Up an... DontGetMeStarted 02-17-05 15
   RE: "Be the Idol" game - Sign Up an... DontGetMeStarted 02-17-05 16
       RE: "Be the Idol" game - Sign Up an... Angelfood 02-17-05 17
           RE: "Be the Idol" game - Sign Up an... DontGetMeStarted 02-17-05 18
 RE: "Be the Idol" game - Sign Up an... StarryLuna 02-18-05 20
 RE: "Be the Idol" game - Sign Up an... Sheila 02-18-05 21
   RE: "Be the Idol" game - Sign Up an... Gothmog 02-18-05 22
       RE: "Be the Idol" game - Sign Up an... badger 02-18-05 23
           RE: "Be the Idol" game - Sign Up an... Gothmog 02-19-05 24
 Aloha Mischeaux callalilly3000 02-21-05 26
 Mario 'Over-Hyped' Vazquez TODDLJ 02-22-05 29
 New rules Bebo 02-22-05 30

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

02-10-05, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Sign up = Contestant List"
LAST EDITED ON 02-22-05 AT 04:09 PM (EST)

Ok, its kind of open right now. I'd encourage you to choose someone that has a good chance of making it to the semifinals or Finals.

Host Seacrest - I guess that's me. ;)

Judges - yeah, what the heck. But I need people that are very committed, so PM me first please.
Mr. S.Cowl - Devious Weasel
Mr. Big Dawg - Seahorse
Ms. Lush - BriarRosie

Contestants - (I've posted some possibles below, but you can add anyone else that's still on the show).

Amanda Showgirl - Dontgetmestarted
Anthony Tracheotomy - Flairmarq
Anwar Musicteacher - Gothmog
Carrie Farmgirl - Sorgee
Constantine Vedder - Badger
David Churchgoer -
Lindsey Lowvoice -
Mario Newyorker - ToddLJ
Mikalah Confident - Starry Luna
"Nikko" Celebrityson - Aquariaqueen
Sarah PrettyinPink -
Scott Provemydadwrong - Ricky
Travis Hottie -
Vonzell Redhair -
Celena - Sheila
Melinda -
Aloha - CallaLilly
Judd Harris -
Joseph Murena = Kidflash

(I've only cut 2 contestants that were eliminated so far, not bad guessing).

If anyone has suggestions for funny nick/lastnames (like my poor attempt above), please post 'em. I find it helps me remember who's who.

Oh, and I'll be doing sigpics for y'all also. (unless someone more talented will volunteer).
Also, I can give you one with just the name (no nickname or slogan line), if you'd like to add/update that yourself.

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-10-05, 07:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Sign up = Contestant List"
well, i'll take constantine vedder. i've listened to enough butt-rock and grunge to be able to speak for this wanna-be.

"Don't call me butt-chin, not fit to, the picture kept will remind me..."

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-11-05, 08:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Scott Provemydadwrong Soval"
I'll take Scott Provemydadwrong Soval. I know what it's like to be angry and have a chip on your shoulder. Hey wait...

Sig pic by Angelfood. Underdog is a registered trademark of Sony Music (Video) Inc.
Opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily the view of Underdog or Deputy Dog.

Flairmarq 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-11-05, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flairmarq Click to send private message to Flairmarq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Scott Provemydadwrong Soval"
I'll take Anthony Tracheotomy--he's my pick to win the whole thing

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-05, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "carrie farmgirl"
is my pic. i'll be her.

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-05, 07:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: carrie farmgirl"
you'll have to make me a siggie. i have NO siggie skills.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-15-05, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Oooh Oooh Oooh"
Simon. Please?

02-15-05, 06:59 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Oooh Oooh Oooh"
for you baby, yeah.

but please be warned that I shall stalk you and drool.

Do you want me to make a siggie or shall you? If I do, you are welcome to find a picture and pick your saying.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-05, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Oooh Oooh Oooh"
I'll allow you the privilege of making my siggie. I kind of like "Paula, you ignorant slut" as a saying...

kidflash212 5051 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-05, 07:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Sign up = Contestant List"
I've been having fun with this over an Apprentice, so I'll give it a try over here. Mark me down for Jamie "boo hoo" Koehler - the heavy guy from SF. If he doesn't make it (although I've already heard he does) I'll take John Zisa.

kidflash212 5051 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-05, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Sign up = Contestant List"
I'll take someone no one knows about yet - Joseph Morena. I love a challenge.

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-16-05, 06:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Sign up = Contestant List"
I'll take Paula if she's still open.

I can't seem to say no to these "Be the ____" things!

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-21-05, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Sign up = Contestant List"
LAST EDITED ON 02-21-05 AT 11:10 AM (EST)

I'll take Ozzie "Nikko" Celebrityson....

Since I am from St. Louis and a big St. Louis Cardinal, Ozzie Smith fan.

Now, boy, do me proud!!!

Sorry, don't know how to add pictures to my posts,
Signed
Nikko--the better than Geeko!!

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-21-05, 09:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Sign up = Contestant List"
trying to get my sigpic to work

Java 519 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-24-05, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Java Click to send private message to Java Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "Can I be Bo?"
Ya know how pork is the other white meat? Bo's the other white rocker.

02-24-05, 03:42 PM (EST)
32. "Yes!"
jump in on the other thread, and I'll make siggies soon.

02-15-05, 10:06 PM (EST)
10. "Sigpics here"
I will update this post frequently with sigpics, so check here for yours.

Here's the only ones I have done so far. The others will look similar. I don't mind if you edit the text on them (or even the pic), but I appreciate it if they keep the same look to them. I would be happy to tell you the fonts I use or give you a version of the pics without the extra wording (nicknames or phrases). Plus, I get them down to about 5k, as a jpg.

If you have suggestions for what you want your to say (under the name), then please PM me or post it. It doesn't have to have extra wording, or an extra pic, its just for fun. If I added something already, and you want something different, I can easily change it for ya.

For this one, I added a pic of Eddie Vedder, who I think he looks like, and a play on lyrics of a Pearl Jam song.

Ricky - did this turn out ok? it's harder to see Jabba's hand now that its smaller. and do you want a phrase? I will stretch it to be as long as the one above, when I add your phrase.

02-16-05, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Sigpics here"
wahoo!

thanks!

02-21-05, 08:26 PM (EST)
27. "NEW Sigpics here"
ok, this is everyone that's signed up so far (and glad to see yall here!) I can add/edit the 2nd line whenever you'd like, just send me a PM. Reply with quote, to get the http address and paste it into your poss!

paula

randy

simon

aloha

amanda

anthony

anwar

carrie

celena

joseph

mikalah

nikko

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-05, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: "Be the Idol" game - Sign Up and Rules"
I'll take Randy if he is available.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

DontGetMeStarted 880 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-05, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DontGetMeStarted Click to send private message to DontGetMeStarted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: "Be the Idol" game - Sign Up and Rules"
hey angel,
I think I'll try this again. Maybe I'll be the showgirl.... I need to see their faces though to be sure so let me check out the AI site to see if they are up. (I'll add link if it is)

02-17-05, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DontGetMeStarted Click to send private message to DontGetMeStarted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: "Be the Idol" game - Sign Up and Rules"
the link is http://www.idolonfox.com/contestants/

they are all so cute this year (well 99.9%)

can I be the cups the judges are drinking out of?? so I can say what they are whispering??
;)

02-17-05, 03:57 PM (EST)
17. "RE: "Be the Idol" game - Sign Up and Rules"
That would be Amanda, and yes, you can also be the cups at the same time. - Think of some good slogans. Does it cross the line to have the nickname for the Cola Cups as "big, red, and wet"? probably. see, I can't be trusted to do it on my own. I even left some words out of that one. please help.

02-17-05, 04:37 PM (EST)
18. "RE: "Be the Idol" game - Sign Up and Rules"
cups...
hear all, see all, tell all?

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

02-18-05, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: "Be the Idol" game - Sign Up and Rules"
Ooh, ooh, can I be Mikahla? Because I think implants for my momma would be a great Christmas gift!

Bounciness provided by IceCat

Sheila 2069 desperate attention whore postings

02-18-05, 09:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheila Click to send private message to Sheila Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: "Be the Idol" game - Sign Up and Rules"

Okay, I'm game. I'd like to be Celena. I'll need a sig pic for the game because I'm just plain stupid in that department.

Gothmog 2886 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-18-05, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gothmog Click to send private message to Gothmog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: "Be the Idol" game - Sign Up and Rules"
Well, if Corny's here, I'll try to play. Put me down for Anwar Musicteacher.

02-18-05, 11:59 PM (EST)
23. "RE: "Be the Idol" game - Sign Up and Rules"
how perfect

Gothmog 2886 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-19-05, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gothmog Click to send private message to Gothmog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: "Be the Idol" game - Sign Up and Rules"
It's because of my dread-locks, isn't it.

LOL--no matter who else I suggested to Sheila, she kept telling me, "NO, you HAVE to be ANWAR." I guess you and she are on the same wavelength.

callalilly3000 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-21-05, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail callalilly3000 Click to send private message to callalilly3000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Aloha Mischeaux"

Ok.... I'll try this, sounds like fun. I wanted to pick Mikalah, but she is taken.

So, since I am from St. Louis, I will pick Aloha Mischeaux. She wasn't showcased much, but I will pay close attention to her from now on.

Slice and Dice Shop 2004

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-22-05, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "Mario 'Over-Hyped' Vazquez"
This looks like a tres fun game and I'd be happy to play.

Can I be Mario? I do so love (sarcasm) his collection of jaunty hats. And with as much as he's being pimped, he should last quite a while.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-05, 10:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "New rules"
Please restrict your game to the designated game threads. In particular, do not play the game in the East Coast threads.

Please do not use your game sig pic in the East Coast threads. The thread gets big enough and confusing enough as is.

I've been getting complaints from non-game posters. While playing games on these forums is encouraged, please respect your non-participating posters by keeping show discussions related to the show instead of your game.

Thanks for your understanding.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •