The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"hey there...anyone seen any new reality show??..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

a_little_groovin 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-08-05, 01:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail a_little_groovin Click to send private message to a_little_groovin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"hey there...anyone seen any new reality show??..."
hey there...anyone seen any new reality show??...I've heard UFC have a new reality show and its the ultimate fighter?.....seen the show?...is it great?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: hey there...anyone seen any new... smokedog 02-08-05 1
   RE: hey there...anyone seen any new... dreamerbeliever 02-14-05 4
       RE: hey there...anyone seen any new... smokedog 02-14-05 5
 RE: hey there...anyone seen any new... Silverado 02-08-05 2
   RE: hey there...anyone seen any new... smokedog 02-08-05 3
       RE: hey there...anyone seen any new... skyhoneybear 02-14-05 6
           RE: hey there...anyone seen any new... realtyamazed 02-14-05 7
 Who was in the wrong? dreamerbeliever 02-15-05 8
   RE: Who was in the wrong? smokedog 02-15-05 9
       RE: Who was in the wrong? realtyamazed 02-15-05 10
       RE: Who was in the wrong? Smooth23 02-15-05 11
           RE: Who was in the wrong? smokedog 02-15-05 12
               RE: Who was in the wrong? a_little_groovin 02-17-05 13
                   RE: Who was in the wrong? smokedog 02-18-05 14
 Replay Times dreamerbeliever 02-18-05 15
   RE: Replay Times a_little_groovin 02-20-05 16
       RE: Replay Times smokedog 02-21-05 17
           RE: Replay Times a_little_groovin 02-21-05 18
               RE: Replay Times Smooth23 02-21-05 19
                   RE: Replay Times smokedog 02-21-05 20
                       RE: Replay Times a_little_groovin 02-21-05 21
                           RE: Replay Times dreamerbeliever 02-21-05 22
                               RE: Replay Times a_little_groovin 02-22-05 23
                                   RE: Replay Times smokedog 02-22-05 24
 Josh wins, Chris sent home dreamerbeliever 02-22-05 25
   RE: Josh wins, Chris sent home Smooth23 02-22-05 26
       RE: Josh wins, Chris sent home realtyamazed 02-22-05 27
           RE: Josh wins, Chris sent home a_little_groovin 02-22-05 28
               RE: Josh wins, Chris sent home a_little_groovin 02-25-05 29
                   RE: Josh wins, Chris sent home realtyamazed 02-25-05 30
                   Next episode smokedog 02-25-05 31
                       RE: Next episode dreamerbeliever 02-26-05 32
                           RE: Next episode smokedog 02-27-05 33
                               RE: Next episode a_little_groovin 02-28-05 34
 Bobby Southworth eliminated smokedog 03-01-05 35
   RE: Bobby Southworth eliminated a_little_groovin 03-01-05 36
       RE: Bobby Southworth eliminated realtyamazed 03-01-05 37
           Possible replacements smokedog 03-01-05 38
               RE: Possible replacements a_little_groovin 03-02-05 41
           RE: Bobby Southworth eliminated dreamerbeliever 03-01-05 39
               RE: Bobby Southworth eliminated smokedog 03-01-05 40
                   RE: Bobby Southworth eliminated a_little_groovin 03-02-05 42
                       RE: Bobby Southworth eliminated realtyamazed 03-03-05 43
                           RE: Bobby Southworth eliminated a_little_groovin 03-04-05 44
                               RE: Bobby Southworth eliminated realtyamazed 03-05-05 45
                                   RE: Bobby Southworth eliminated smokedog 03-05-05 46
                                       RE: Bobby Southworth eliminated realtyamazed 03-05-05 47
 Chris is back! smokedog 03-08-05 48
   RE: Chris is back! Smooth23 03-08-05 49
   RE: Chris is back! dreamerbeliever 03-08-05 50
       RE: Chris is back! realtyamazed 03-10-05 51
           RE: Chris is back! Smooth23 03-11-05 52
 3-21 episode Smooth23 03-22-05 53
   RE: 3-21 episode smokedog 03-22-05 54
       RE: 3-21 episode Smooth23 03-22-05 55
           RE: 3-21 episode smokedog 03-22-05 56
 RE: hey there...anyone seen any new... Smooth23 03-29-05 57
   RE: hey there...anyone seen any new... smokedog 03-29-05 58
       RE: hey there...anyone seen any new... Smooth23 03-29-05 59
           RE: hey there...anyone seen any new... smokedog 03-29-05 60
 April 9th Fight Card smokedog 03-30-05 61
   RE: April 9th Fight Card Smooth23 03-31-05 62
       RE: April 9th Fight Card smokedog 04-02-05 63
   RE: April 9th Fight Card DRONES 04-06-05 65
       RE: April 9th Fight Card NotGoNN 04-08-05 66
 Forest/Stephan win smokedog 04-05-05 64
 Finale update.. Smooth23 04-09-05 67
   RE: Finale update.. Smooth23 04-09-05 68
       RE: Finale update.. smokedog 04-10-05 72
   RE: Finale update.. chitownguy 04-09-05 69
       Undercard results from April 9th smokedog 04-10-05 70
   RE: Finale update.. smokedog 04-10-05 71
       RE: Finale update.. dreamerbeliever 04-10-05 73
           RE: Finale update.. smokedog 04-10-05 74
               Undercard descriptions smokedog 04-10-05 75
                   RE: Undercard descriptions a_little_groovin 02-23-06 76

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-08-05, 01:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: hey there...anyone seen any new reality show??..."
It's great! Tonight was the fourth episode. It is on Spike on Mondays, after Raw. There's a fight at the end of every episode (not the first 2, but from now on).

dreamerbeliever 3380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-14-05, 01:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamerbeliever Click to send private message to dreamerbeliever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: hey there...anyone seen any new reality show??..."
LAST EDITED ON 02-14-05 AT 02:42 AM (EST)

I'm with ya smokedog, the ultimate fighter is fantastic to watch on Spike TV! I've seen a number of the UFC pay-per-view events going back to UFC1 and a few K1 Pride events here and there. Really do miss the early days of UFC when the 500 pounder went against the 175 pound martial art expert. For the UFC to go more mainstream, I guess they did need to clean it up some but the early free-for-all days are missed.

One complaint I do have about the show as far as reality TV goes, there is absolutely no character development! Seems like we only get to know a fighters personailty on the week they are sent home or fight. With the exception of the over the top Chris, I really couldn't name many of the contestants. The guy with bleached blonde hair seems pretty cool. Him dragging the crybaby to the hot box by the ankles was pretty hysterical.

Definitely rooting for Randy and his team (even with Chris on it), hope they finally win one this week!

02-14-05, 03:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: hey there...anyone seen any new reality show??..."
Judging by the previews, the boys get tipsy. Hope no one (Chris) doesn't get sent home for wrecking the house!

Silverado 89 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-08-05, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silverado Click to send private message to Silverado Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: hey there...anyone seen any new reality show??..."
I haven't seen that one-but those fighting shows seem to be pretty popular these days.

I'm really interested in the shows coming out too and saw something in Entertainment Weekly talking about this new show Revelations. Have you heard anything about that one?

02-08-05, 04:37 PM (EST)
3. "RE: hey there...anyone seen any new reality show??..."
I haven't heard about Revelations. Sorry!

skyhoneybear 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-14-05, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skyhoneybear Click to send private message to skyhoneybear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: hey there...anyone seen any new reality show??..."
Tonight would be the night to watch because one of the dudes are going to get really drunk and tear up the house. I watched the last episode yesterday before the grammys and looks like someone is going have to pay for the damages.

"I'll never grow up, I'm a grown a$$ kid"---Kanye West "Through the Fire"
"If Karma is a boomerang, I will see you sooner than later."---Will, Big Brother 5, USA
" Ling-Ling so want visit from father. He great warrior/dry cleaner. He coined classic phrase..."No Ticky, No Washy."--Ling Ling(Drawn Together)

realtyamazed 189 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-05, 06:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realtyamazed Click to send private message to realtyamazed Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: hey there...anyone seen any new reality show??..."
UFC is a great show...if your not watching it, start.

02-15-05, 01:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamerbeliever Click to send private message to dreamerbeliever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Who was in the wrong?"
Okay first of all, I had mentioned that I thought that the guy in the bleached blonde hair seemed cool (Josh) ... ehhhh wrong answer! Complete A-hole. Dana mentioned that this whole thing was like romper-room and I tend to agree. Who was in the wrong between Chris/Nate and Bobby/Josh?

Chris - completely self-absorbed and has been pushing peoples buttons since day one. Did he just get a taste of his own medicine? Clearly he is an emotional drunk and has a number of issues to work out. This is a man who really should not drink. Plus didn't he kinda save his ars a few episodes ago by swearing off the booze? Sleeping it off in the yard was the right move however.

Bobby - the fatherless comment was way way way below the belt and even in his drunken state, he knew exactly what he was saying and to whom. I forget who said it but the apologizing 5 minutes after the fact was totally meaningless.

Josh - clearly the instigator standing behind the bully and egging him on. The spraying of water was his idea. He was talked out of it by cooler heads earlier but clearly the more he and Bobby drank, the better the idea sounded.

Nate - fantastic guy and my new fav. Hope he heals up soon and goes on to win the spot!

As much as Chris has annoyed me in earlier episodes and it pains me to say it, I think he was in the right here. Was him tearing up the house the right thing to do? No but better a couple of doors than getting kicked off the show or jail time for going after Bobby.

So what's your thoughts on this brew-haha and was the judgment by Dana, Randy, and Chuck the right thing to do? And who do you think is going to win next week between Chris and Josh? I'll take the revenge factor and Chris.

02-15-05, 02:52 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Who was in the wrong?"
Argh! The power went off and I didn't get to see this episode. Was there anyone kicked off in the drinking free-for-all? Was there a fight this episode in the octagon?

02-15-05, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realtyamazed Click to send private message to realtyamazed Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Who was in the wrong?"
Chris is going to tear Josh a new a-hole during their bout next week. Not that this is an excuse, but what Chris did to the house was his way to vent out his frustrations instead of taking it out on someone, so he is ready to get Josh good. Besides, when Josh chickened out last week to fight Chris so Diego could fight instead, and how he ran to the back of the house when Chris went on his house rampage...I think Josh is not as tough as he likes to appear.

Smooth23 1244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-15-05, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Smooth23 Click to send private message to Smooth23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Who was in the wrong?"
Noone got kicked out for the free-for-all. Instead of having a challenge and all that they decided that Chris and Josh will fight in the octagon to settle the matter. That will be next week.

02-15-05, 01:35 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Who was in the wrong?"
Thanks for the update. Definitely going to be tuning in next week!

02-17-05, 09:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail a_little_groovin Click to send private message to a_little_groovin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Who was in the wrong?"
well me too...i cant wait tow atch it next week...it will surely be the best fight ever..i will cheer for chris leben....

02-18-05, 00:16 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Who was in the wrong?"
This will be an awesome episode to watch and I'm sure this will definitely raise public interest in MMA.

02-18-05, 05:25 PM (EST)
15. "Replay Times"
In case anyone misses the premier of an episode on Monday nights, here are the replay time ...

Fri - 12:00 AM
Sat - 7:00 PM
Sun - 5:00 PM

The times are in Eastern Time Zone. So if you missed the brew-haha on Monday and want to know why Chris and Josh are gonna go at it, still have 3 opportunities to find out.

02-20-05, 09:40 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Replay Times"
guys!!!!!!!!!! tomorrow is gonna be a great day...its going to be the best fight ever..i cant wait to cheer for leben.....are u guys going to watch it tomorrow?

02-21-05, 00:58 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Replay Times"
Hell ya! I'm for Chris too, although Josh is a good fighter - if Chris gets pissed off I can see Josh tapping him out.

02-21-05, 01:41 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Replay Times"
i agree.....well its a revenge for leben for what happened last episode....and im sure he will win...

02-21-05, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Smooth23 Click to send private message to Smooth23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Replay Times"
Its gonna be a great show tonight. I'm rooting for chris, I just think he's gonna pound the hell out of the other guy.

On a side note, anyone notice how messed up some of the fighters' ears are?

02-21-05, 02:49 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Replay Times"
Yeah, Randy's ear is sick. Looks like someone burnt it with a blowtorch!

02-21-05, 08:48 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Replay Times"
hey guys tonight is gonna be a big night for TUF fans...

on the other side....what happened to randy's ears?

02-21-05, 09:05 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Replay Times"
LAST EDITED ON 02-21-05 AT 11:25 PM (EST)

It's called cauliflower ear and happens to most graplers during their careers. Most of the UFC fighters who specialize in wrestling and takedown tactics get it to some degree. I believe it's from constant pressure to the ears from hours of grapling training daily.

And yes I am totally fired up for tonight's fight as well! Only about two more hours to go.

02-22-05, 00:03 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Replay Times"
hey guys did anyone watch the episode tonight?....i missed it...who won?....hope its leben...

02-22-05, 00:40 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Replay Times"
Josh beat Chris by unanimous decision. Josh used takedowns and basically pinned Chris down the entire fight. Neither guy really got hurt, but Josh won because he had the dominant position throughout the fight.

02-22-05, 00:49 AM (EST)
25. "Josh wins, Chris sent home"
After two full 5 minute rounds, it went to the scorer cards and Josh defeats Chris. Dull fight! This fight really should have gone to a sudden victory third round. As someone who has seen a number of UFC events, the type of fight that happened between these two is a regular occurrence.

The grapler takes the boxer to the mat and eats up clock and points. Chris landed the best shot (a knee) but Josh did manage I believe 4 takedowns and got top position. Chris never got free on his own once on the mat and the ref stood em up twice for lack of action. Chris did go for two submission holds, an arm bar and leg choke but never really got close to locking it in.

Feel a little cheated here and it really should have gone to third round but whatever. Chris is sent to loser lodge and went out crying at that. Best part of the fight was actually the shouting match between the two afterwards. Let's not forget that these are young fighters and are still learning the trade. If it were baseball, these fighters would probably be in class AA minor leagues.

Really thought Chris would come out swinging like a madman but it just didn't happen! Way to timid.

02-22-05, 06:29 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Josh wins, Chris sent home"
I kind of got the feeling at the beginning chris was leary about punching with that messed up knuckle. That had to be hurting like hell.

02-22-05, 07:04 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Josh wins, Chris sent home"
Got the idea Chris would not win when they kept showing him raggig on Josh so much during the show...seems to be the mo for reality shows. Very disappoited with the fight, should have had a 3rd round. I liked Chris, but he does have to get his emotional strength up....he should have been focusing on what he did wrong or ways to improve his technique after the match, not going off and crying like a baby, this is ultimate fighter afterall.

02-22-05, 09:36 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Josh wins, Chris sent home"
i was so disappointed...i like chris...josh used grapling style so that chris wouldn't be able to fight back....how i wish theres a remach...

02-25-05, 03:43 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Josh wins, Chris sent home"
i was just browsing the teaser of the next episode.... http://www.theultimatefighter.tv/episodes.php?show=next who do you thing are the two fighters the teaser are referring to??

02-25-05, 07:35 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Josh wins, Chris sent home"
Not sure, but I hope Nate is able to stay in the competition with his current injury and all.

02-25-05, 10:40 PM (EST)
31. "Next episode"
I think the preview said something of a controversy. I don't know who the two fighters are, but my prediction is the judges fvck up the scoring and have it as a draw, then after the overtime round where one guy wins, they double-check the cards and see the mistake and the other guy should have won. Oops!

02-26-05, 07:21 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Next episode"
A judging controversy in fighting? Say it aint so lol I say the Ultimate Fighter should be like the movie Mad Max Beyond Thunrderdome - "Two men enter, one man leaves!" That's how we know for sure who wins

02-27-05, 02:21 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Next episode"
Yes, most judges are more useless than a one legged man in an ##### kicking contest. Let the fighters solve it their way!

02-28-05, 09:03 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Next episode"
your all right guys....well we will see it tonight...i cant wait to watch it...who is going tow atch it tonight?

oh by the way...have u heard that the tickets to see the last episode LIVE went on sale today??The last episode is on Saturday, April 9th. It will be in the city of Las Vegas in the state of Nevada. It will be held in the Cox Pavilion inside the campus of UNLV

03-01-05, 01:39 AM (EST)
35. "Bobby Southworth eliminated"
Bobby was eliminated in a very close decision to Stephan.

Next episode:

Bobby is still pissed about the decision and argues with Dana White.

Team Liddell hates Sam with a passion.

Someone returns to the house! I assume it would be a fighter to replace Nathan, who is too injured to continue. I don't think it would be Chris Leben because Josh Koscheck didn't seem unhappy about the person returning.

03-01-05, 09:04 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Bobby Southworth eliminated"
last night was a great fight....im glad bobby was eliminated...i dont like him...

anyway how i wish leben will be the one who will return to the house....

03-01-05, 09:26 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Bobby Southworth eliminated"
I too was glad Bobby got elimated. I think either Alex or Lodune will come back to add a little spice and not necessarily replace Nate.

03-01-05, 11:37 PM (EST)
38. "Possible replacements"
Here is the list of people off the show and my thoughts on who might be the returning person:

Lt. Heavyweight Jason - This is the guy who went to Randy early on and tried to quit the show, but Randy didn't cut him. He was the last guy picked when they made teams. He was the first guy cut from the show. He didn't lose a fight.

Middleweight Chris S. - He was also cut from the show. For some reason I think that it will be a middleweight coming back to replace Nathan who will probably have to quit because of his injury. This guy is black thoug, and I thought I saw a white guy's hand in the preview.

Lt Heavyweight Lodune - Maybe. But my theory says a middleweight

Middleweight Alex K. - This is my pick.

Middleweight Chris L. - This would be awesome, but Josh K. didn't seem to mind when the returning guy showed up in the preview, and I think he would be PISSED if Leban came back.

Lt. Heavyweight Bobby S. - No way Dana lets him back!

03-02-05, 02:30 AM (EST)
41. "RE: Possible replacements"
well....theres only possible replacement for me...and that is chris leben....hopefully....i really like him

03-01-05, 11:38 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Bobby Southworth eliminated"
Had a brain cramp and forgot to watch! Oh well, at least I have a few re-play times to catch up. My only question is why was Bobby fighting again so soon? Didn't he just fight like 2 or 3 episodes ago. Shouldn't all the other contestants have to face an elimination fight before a fighter has to go again? Did he get picked by the challenge winning team to go again?

03-01-05, 11:54 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Bobby Southworth eliminated"
Team Couture won the challenge, meaning they got to set up whatever match they wanted. Stephan wanted to fight Bobby because he wanted to test himself against the best on Team Liddell, and because he wanted to win one for Chris Leban and Randy.

03-02-05, 10:06 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Bobby Southworth eliminated"
well chris leben deserves a second chance to prove that he is really a great fighter and to have a rematch with josh koscheck.

03-03-05, 09:52 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Bobby Southworth eliminated"
I would like to see Chris return....that would add to drama and really make Bobby burn and Josh think a second thought.

03-04-05, 00:53 AM (EST)
44. "RE: Bobby Southworth eliminated"
me too......have u seen the preview of the next episode?..its on http://www.theultimatefighter.tv/media.php?cat=video ...they show a guy walking towards the house and when he opened the door, u will see a mark on his hands..and i think its chris, a mark when he broke the window and door...

im sure theres gonna be a rematch...hahahaha..screw josh!!!

03-05-05, 00:51 AM (EST)
45. "RE: Bobby Southworth eliminated"
When Couture and Liddell have their fight, who do you think will win?

03-05-05, 01:06 AM (EST)
46. "RE: Bobby Southworth eliminated"
I am going with Liddell. He looked crappy in their first fight. He really didn't do much, but maybe that was because Randy neutralized him well.

I think Chuck steps it up, and Randy is getting older - so Chuck by knockout with punches.

03-05-05, 03:49 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Bobby Southworth eliminated"
Randy is definiteluy older by 6 years, and is the current light heavyweight champion, but I sure hope he is a better fighter then his current coaching record on the show.

03-08-05, 03:15 AM (EST)
48. "Chris is back!"
Good call, guys. Chris is back because Nathan cannot continue because of his injury.

Diego Sanchez destoyed Josh Rafferty in the fight tonight. Just a massive beating.

03-08-05, 01:13 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Chris is back!"
I loved that fight, it was brutal!

03-08-05, 10:55 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Chris is back!"
Chris is back and he was almost humble! Good to see. How long it keeps up is anyone's guess. Hope we get the rematch between him and Josh real soon. Will Chris learn from his mistakes and be more aggressive? We shall see.

Really bummed that Nate is no longer in contention for the spot but it was such a classy move to make him a coach. He was already a father figure for the rest of the guys and I'm sure that he'll do a fantastic job in the new role. Plus we'll get to see and hear from him each and every week which is good.

The fight - a beating! I would have to say Diego has got to be a front runner to win his weight class.

03-10-05, 03:57 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Chris is back!"
Diego really did a great job. It was the most physical fight yet. I also agree it was classy to make Nate a coach...I hope it also means they will help pay for his medical expenses.

03-11-05, 02:18 PM (EST)
52. "RE: Chris is back!"
I'm sure the show probably pays for any injuries gotten while on the show.

03-22-05, 00:28 AM (EST)
53. "3-21 episode"
Great fight tonight. I was hoping chris would pound the other guy though. Chris is obviosly a great fighter, but needs to learn to lose more gracefully. The other guy, still don't know his name, landed some pretty wicked punches in that second round.

03-22-05, 01:16 AM (EST)
54. "RE: 3-21 episode"
Missed this episode! What happened?

03-22-05, 01:09 PM (EST)
55. "RE: 3-21 episode"
First off I'm really horrible with names so I'll do my best.

The dude that got a big cut on his brown last week got sewed up, but had to pick someone to come back to the house in case he couldn't fight. He picked bobby southworth. There was no challenge. They entered the semi finals now, and teamates are going to be fighting teamates in order to ensure 1 from each team in the finales. Chris had to fight the one dude, and lost due to having a big cut open up that was bleeding into his eye and blinding him(fight stopped by doctor). Chris actually was kicking the other guys arse too. Next week diego and the black guy that beat chris the first time are going to fight. And Diego is going to totally waste him(or at least I hope so)

I hope my incomprehensible rambling helped fill ya in!

03-22-05, 02:32 PM (EST)
56. "RE: 3-21 episode"
Thanks Smooth. I agree with you that Diego is looking like the favorite.

Interesting that teammates have to fight each other. That means that Sam will fight Forrest (or Bobby). That will be interesting!

03-29-05, 00:17 AM (EST)
57. "RE: hey there...anyone seen any new reality show??..."
Once again this shows gives us a great fight. I loved how sanchez beat the living crap out of koschec(however you spell it). Did you notice how koschec was sort of fading in and out of conciousness after the fight was over, or at least thats how it looked to me. Sanchez at the end was right about if the judges knew anything about grappling that it would have been a unanimous decision. I think the judge that scored all 3 rounds for koschec really shouldn't be judging fights, because he is clearly a dumbass.

03-29-05, 00:59 AM (EST)
58. "RE: hey there...anyone seen any new reality show??..."
Agreed - that judge that gave Josh a clean sweep should be shot. Diego deserved to win this fight and now should be favored to beat Kenny in the final.

03-29-05, 02:03 AM (EST)
59. "RE: hey there...anyone seen any new reality show??..."
I think that even if diego doesn't win, even though I expect he will, he has a very good chance of getting into the UFC. He is probably the only fighter left on the show that I would pay to specifically go watch fight. He puts on a good show.

03-29-05, 04:04 AM (EST)
60. "RE: hey there...anyone seen any new reality show??..."
I would also pay to see Leben-Koscheck 2.

03-30-05, 06:14 PM (EST)
61. "April 9th Fight Card"
LAST EDITED ON 04-05-05 AT 04:59 PM (EST)

In case you guys didn't hear:

televised:

1) Ken Shamrock vs. Rich Franklin

2) Middleweight Final - Diego Sanchez vs. Kenny Florian

3) Light Heavyweight Final - Swick/Bonnar vs. Hoger/Southworth/Griffin

not televised

4) Chris Leben vs. Jason Thacker (the guy whose bed Chris pissed on)

5) Josh Koscheck vs. Chris Sanford (he got cut before the fights started)

6) Nate Quarry vs. Lodune Sincaid

7) Alex Karalexis vs. Josh Rafferty

8) Bobby Southworth vs. Sam Hoger

9) Alex Schoenauer vs. Mike Swick

03-31-05, 01:08 PM (EST)
62. "RE: April 9th Fight Card"
Probably not many unfortunatly.

04-02-05, 02:46 AM (EST)
63. "RE: April 9th Fight Card"
Apparently only the Shamrock fight and two championship fights are being planned to be on the televised part of the show. I guess if there is a quick knockout/submission in any fight they may have time to show one of the prelims.

DRONES 615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-06-05, 05:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DRONES Click to send private message to DRONES Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
65. "RE: April 9th Fight Card"
The top 3 fights should be decent, but nothing to earth shatering. Here are my comments on the matchups.

1) Ken Shamrock vs. Rich Franklin
Rich who? This should be a tune up fight for Ken.

2) Middleweight Final - Diego Sanchez vs. Kenny Florian
This should be the best of all the fights. Diego is the best of all the fighters in this competitioin, hands down. He should win, but it won't be as easy as his other fights.

3) Light Heavyweight Final - Swick/Bonnar vs. Hoger/Southworth/Griffin
This will be the second best fight. Bonnar and Griffin are the two most evenly matched fighters. This one could go either way, but I'm going to go with Griffin. He needs to get Bonnar to the ground as he's not as good of a stand up fighter.

4) Chris Leben vs. Jason Thacker
This is one of several non-televised fights that appear to be rewarding Dana White/Randy Couture(sp?)/Chuck Liddel favorites. The good thing about this, is that we get to see Jason fight, as he was dismissed before getting his chance. This should be an easy Leben victory.

5) Josh Koscheck vs. Chris Sanford
See my first sentence from above. He's the other fighter who was dismissed before he had a chance to fight, so it's good that he gets his chance. Josh should win easily.

6) Nate Quarry vs. Lodune Sincaid
See my above first sentence and take it times ten. He was a Randy and Dana favorite, so much so that he was allowed to be an coach/assistant after being injured while training. He's the only fighter who couldn't compete because of an injury. This should be a very easy fight for Nate. I'm extremely interested to see him fight.

7) Alex Karalexis vs. Josh Rafferty
This should be an interesting fight. I believe both of these two have potential, but they both lacked ground work skills. Alex is the tougher of these two, but he is also the most raw. I'm going to take Alex, because he has had some time to develop his skill set and should be greatly improved.

8) Bobby Southworth vs. Sam Hoger
I'm not sure if this is a reward for Bobby or a punishment for Sam and his stealing self. Dana liked Bobby despite what happened after his fight with Bonnar. This one should go the distance as Sam proved himself to be a decent fighter. I think that Bobby is to good with hands and so he should win by inflicting the most damage.

9) Alex Schoenauer vs. Mike Swick
This should be the best of the non-televised fights. These two are evenly match. I'm going to go with Mike. I just have a hunch that he's going to win.

I'm very disappointed that they aren't televising those other fights. I hope we get to see some of the highlights.

DRONES

NotGoNN 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-08-05, 06:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NotGoNN Click to send private message to NotGoNN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
66. "RE: April 9th Fight Card"
>>1) Ken Shamrock vs. Rich Franklin
>
>Rich who? This should be a
>tune up fight for Ken.

>DRONES

You must not be a UFC fan. Rich Franklin has been fighting in the UFC for a while and is pretty much a badass. Shamrock is washed up and hasn't looked very good in his last couple of fights. He was able to pull off a win against Kimo in his last fight but he got spanked really bad in his fight before that against Tito Ortiz. It was ugly. He looked like an old man in there. I'd bet Franklin is gonna do the same thing to him. Can't wait!

04-05-05, 00:58 AM (EST)
64. "Forest/Stephan win"
Two fights tonight.

Forest beat Sam by ref stoppage due to punches in the second round.

Stephan tapped Mike Swick out in the first round with an armbar. Good fight that had Mike thisclose to beating Stephan with a guillotine choke that had his face purple.

Live finale this Saturday on Spike TV.

04-09-05, 11:13 PM (EST)
67. "Finale update.."
Diego won his fight and contract, okay fight.
Forest Griffin won his fight with bonnar but the fight was so awsome, they gave them both a contract with UFC.

04-09-05, 11:16 PM (EST)
68. "RE: Finale update.."
And its official, shamrock is all washed up, he got totally owned by franklin in the first round.

04-10-05, 00:13 AM (EST)
72. "RE: Finale update.."
Kenny, you should retire. You are going to get killed one of these days.

Thanks for the memories. You are a warrior.

chitownguy 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-09-05, 11:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chitownguy Click to send private message to chitownguy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
69. "RE: Finale update.."
What about the undercard. I'd really like to know who won between
Bobby S and Sam.
The results have got to be somewhere.

04-10-05, 00:10 AM (EST)
70. "Undercard results from April 9th"
Alex Karalexis b Josh Raffery via knockout
Mike Swick b Alex Schoenauer via ref stoppage
Josh Koscheck b Chris Sanford via knockout
Nate Quarry b Lodune Sincaid via ref stoppage
Chris Leben b Jason Thacker via ??? (fight lasted lass than 2:00)
Sam Hoger b Bobby Southworth via unanimous decision

04-10-05, 00:12 AM (EST)
71. "RE: Finale update.."
One of the best fights I have ever seen. Thank God Dana offered them both contracts, that was an fantastic fight. They have got huge balls, both of them. Rematch anyone?

04-10-05, 01:52 AM (EST)
73. "RE: Finale update.."
Wow! What a fight! Wish I would have taped it so that I don't have to wait until the Sunday night replay to see it again. Not going to say it was the best UFC fight ever but it was pretty darn good. Definately a top 10 of all-time fight.

Both getting contracts was a real classy move. Dana was probably shaking his head in an oh no after the Diego fight. Pretty ho hum and here comes this classic on live network cable tv. Good night for the UFC and for us fans.

Thrilled to hear that there will be a season 2 of the reality show. Hoping that the bugs of not flushing out the fighters personalities early on will be solved.

Agreeing that Shamrock needs to just hang em up. Pathetic! Hoping that the Chuck vs Randy fight wont be another battle of the geezers. UFC has had far to many of em lately.

I only saw the spike tv broadcast but I see that Nate won. How did he look?

04-10-05, 02:36 AM (EST)
74. "RE: Finale update.."
Next season will be heavyweights and welterweights (170 lbs).

Not sure how the non-televised fights looked. I got the results off the web. Apparently all those fights (except Bobby/Sam obviously) ended in the first round.

04-10-05, 01:10 PM (EST)
75. "Undercard descriptions"
courtesy fcfighter.com

On the non-televised undercard portion of the afternoon, the T.U.F. participants fought like their futures depended on it, and it did. One victor told FCF that the fighters had been instructed that a victory would be essential if they wanted to continue with the promotion. Save for the sixth and final bout before the cameras went to the live telecast, no preliminary match made it out of the first round.

Light-heavyweights Bobby Southworth and Sam Hoger rode their allotted fifteen minutes to a decision that went in favor of the accused house thief and Miletich Martial Arts fighter. Sticking it out in each other's faces, looking for that one punch to end it all, the first round was a close one spare a fleeting sequence where the Miletich fighter solidified his Octagon control by pushing and holding Southworth against the fence. In round two, Hoger increased his lead as Southworth's more conservative striking and backpedaling style began to limit his punches. A smirking Hoger only developed his aggressor's role by hounding Southworth. Although Southworth scored with some effective thigh kicks, Hoger's combo attempts pushed the fight forward and swayed two of three judges. By round three, Southworth must have sensed he was down at least a round, because he came out trying to unload his arsenal. Hoger invited the advance, pulling guard to isolate a shoulder before transitioning to a triangle choke attempt. Southworth realized he wasn't getting anywhere and backed out. Southworth continued to land his kicks, but it backfired as Hoger caught one leg to keel the AKA fighter over. Both depleted, Hoger rode the decision for the remaining few minutes, passing to half guard and peppering with head shots. Rising to his feet even before the clock had run its course, his hands raised above his head, Hoger knew he had pulled the unanimous decision out.

To avenge the antics house-bully Chris Leben had afforded him during his short stay in the T.U.F. house, Canadian Jason Thacker personally requested a match with the fiery-haired Team Quest fighter. Training for the last few weeks at Marc Laimon's Cobra Kai Academy, Thacker was quickly awakened from his dream to become a UFC fighter. Walking straight into Leben's fist, Thacker grabbed at his opponent who landed a knee to his body before propelling himself forward for a takedown. A panic-stricken Thacker raised both his arms to try and deflect the coming onslaught, but Leben knew just where to hold the 29-year-old down to get his licks in till the 1:35 stoppage. Afterwards, crowd-favorite Leben publicly apologized to the humbled and already-bruised Thacker, and then dropped another insult towards arch enemy Josh Koscheck, fishing for the rematch.

Highlighted quite frequently on the TV show with two fights against Leben and Sanchez, wrestler Josh Koscheck showed marked improvement today against kickboxer Chris Sanford, who was eliminated from the show before he had the chance to fight. An All-American wrestler with only four fights under his belt when T.U.F. came calling, Koscheck successfully bridged the gap from one-dimensional to functional mixed martial artist this afternoon with a technical handling of Sanford. Sanford came to box and got off a whopping left hook off in the opening before Koscheck secured a clean double-leg takedown and stacked his opponent against the fence. Months ago, Koscheck wouldn't have known what to do from this point on, but training at AKA the last few months seemed to do wonders. Koscheck passed to half and then full mount on the stifled Sanford, who bucked Koscheck off and caught the wrestler's heel on his way up. Koscheck stayed calm, worked free, and kept Sanford on his back moving back into guard. 37-year-old Sanford had a rallying scramble to his feet, only to pay for it when Koscheck lifted him over his shoulders for a Matt Hughes-inspired slam into side control. From there, it took only one punch for Koscheck to knock Sanford out cold, but he ate a few more before referee Steve Mazzagatti stepped in to save him. A natural athlete, Koscheck might turn out to be one of the first candidates from this experiment ready to step into the UFC.

Like his namesake, Nate "the Rock" Quarry worked his way through an ankle ligament sprain sustained during the show's taping last summer to return to active duty this afternoon. Never getting the opportunity to perform during the show's duration, one could tell how much weight this bout had for the 33-year-old, who fell to his knees in gratitude after referee John McCarthy stepped in to stop his mostly one-sided affair with fellow middleweight Lodune Sincaid 3:17 into the first round. Although his punches didn't seem to pack substantial power, Quarry threw and landed them often. Sincaid ate countless lefts and rights, diving in sporadically with a wild overhand left or right that Quarry amply avoided. A slow Sincaid's ineffective head bob and a quickly swelling face made him look an easy target ready to take the fall up to the final sequence, where a flesh-rippling body shot set up the left hook and then a right to follow. "As soon as I saw that body shot and that left hook, I knew he was fading fast and it was time to turn up the heat," a methodical Quarry said following the fight. Sincaid halfheartedly pushed Quarry off him, but his aggressor kept charging, landing a set of short hooks that persuaded McCarthy to call it off even with the two still standing.

Team Quest's Mike Swick took a "strike first, ask questions later approach" to what became his frenetic twenty-second rumble with Argentinean-born and Las Vegas Combat Club-trained Alex Schoenauer. Swick had barely the time to shake his head from an unchecked leg kick before he was back in the fray again. He caught Schoenauer once and then followed up with a left hook-right straight combo which sent his startled opponent back. Before he could counter, a final right hook sent Schoenauer down and out. "What happened?" Schoenauer whispered up to referee Herb Dean when he came to his senses.

Boston boxer Alex Karalexis made expeditious work of fellow housemate Josh Rafferty in the opening non-televised bout of the evening, the only welterweight fight on the card. Rafferty landed with three kicks to Karalexis's right side which signaled him to lunge in with a flurry of non-connecting punches for the clinch. The two wrestled for position and Rafferty tripped Karalexis down in the struggle. Karalexis bounced right to his feet, yet right into a guillotine, but pulled free and cornered Rafferty on the mat. Hovering over him, Karalexis fired off two punches which caught Rafferty flush. Referee Mazzagatti wisely stepped in after the second punch to end the bout only 1:40 into the first round.

T.U.F. Finale Results
Rich Franklin def. Ken Shamrock - TKO Referee Stoppage (strikes) 2:44 R1

Middleweight Final:
Diego Sanchez def. Kenny Florian - TKO Referee Stoppage (strikes) 2:49 R1

Light Heavyweight Final:
Forrest Griffin def. Stephan Bonnar- Unanimous Decision (29-28 all)

Alex Karalexis def. Josh Rafferty - KO 1:40 R1
Mike Swick def. Alex Schoenauer - KO 0:20 R1
Nate Quarry def. Lodune Sincaid - TKO Referee Stoppage (strikes) 3:17 R1
Josh Koscheck def. Chris Sanford - TKO Referee Stoppage (strikes) 4:21 R1
Chris Leben def. Jason Thacker - TKO Referee Stoppage (strikes) 1:35 R1
Sam Hoger def. Bobby Southworth - Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-28)

02-23-06, 01:21 AM (EST)
76. "RE: Undercard descriptions"
hey guys is this thread still on? well i know im the starter but i havent seen this forum for a long time, kinda busy with some business..hows everyone? hows UFC? i've heard that it is now UFC 58...how was the latest fights? im not sure if shamrock and hughes will fight...maybe i'll just watch their show on spike tv, if im not mistaken it is called UFC: ALL ACCESS, still not sure what they will feature and who...have u heard about this one guys? hope to hear from u and welcome me back...lol

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •