The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"why "starting over" is getting cancelled....lets get real!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

ohhggoodggrieff 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-02-06, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ohhggoodggrieff Click to send private message to ohhggoodggrieff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"why "starting over" is getting cancelled....lets get real!"
.....ok, guyys, get mad, lock my thread,tell me im wrong......do you see the picture as clearly as i see it? When jill graduates, what will that leave in the house? no color, no diversity. just a bunch of miserable, washed-up white women! i know a ton of latina, black, biracial,and asian women who have problems,too! hello!!!!!!! this is season three,you would think the producers would have gotten that slighted part right,if you want to speak of who watches this bias, addictive mess eeveryday...jill leaving is an end of an era.....it's just not right i can count on barely one hand the number of "minorities" other than a couple of black women who have made it to the house.....remember jennifer,the lovely girl who got married? one rachael is NOT enough! hey,even susan santa cruz had some culture to her....yes,im taking it there!!! what a shame that this show missed the mark on representing, not everyone, but a more broader range of the population....this just had to be said...if this gets locked or ruffles some feathers,then oh well...

and the best they can do is "tess".....clutch MY pearls!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: why "starting over" is getting ... turquiosedove 03-02-06 1
   RE: why "starting over" is getting ... strawberryboocake 03-02-06 3
 Duplicate topic Bebo 03-02-06 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

turquiosedove 100 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-02-06, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail turquiosedove Click to send private message to turquiosedove Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: why "starting over" is getting cancelled....lets get real!"

Lisa is a Latina, and theres LC Iylana

strawberryboocake 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-02-06, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strawberryboocake Click to send private message to strawberryboocake Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: why "starting over" is getting cancelled....lets get real!"
I think its getting canceled because of low ratings. It is a hard show to watch--you have to follow it everyday to get the deal about whats going on with the people.

I really don't get the show anymore. I used to watch it all the time. I loved season one, so-so on season two, and after that I just had too much life coaching. What I mean by that is the life coaches seemed to be getting meaner and less caring. They didn't act very inspirational. They seemed to be in it for face time.

Now I turn on the channel and theres some chick in a straight jacket. I flick the channel and see silly arguments.

If I wanted men to think that women were crazier than they already do, I would let them watch this season of starting over.

I am self-employed and am all for women empowering other women. I am also all for women making life altering changes in their lives. I am not for people ( not just women) being mean and appearing hostile.

The shows format gets on my nerves. They display lots of beautiful camera angles and scenery, but not much content. I know you are saying "tivo, tivo", but I use closed captioning. Also, the synopisis in closed captioning isn't very readable. Season ones captions were very good. I hate it when people talk over each other because its hard for me to read lips or get the caption. I mostly have issues with the production of the closed captioning. I know there aren't many people on this board that use closed captioning services, but the show has turned into a captioning nightmare--way worse than regis and kelly, and regis talks fast and mutters!

I also find it interesting that rhonda's forehead looks wrinkled and then it doesn't. I'm all for botox, but if you are on TV, perhaps you just get it regularly.

If you look at what has happened to the starting over grads afterwards ( as in when they return to real life) it speaks for itself.

I sure as heck won't miss Iylana and her crazy talking captions. Maybe she makes more sense if you can hear her.

These are my opinions.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-02-06, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Duplicate topic"
Please read our guidelines. If a thread is a duplicate of an existing topic, it will get locked, and there's already a discussion of whether or not SO is cancelled and the reasons it would be.

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •