The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"THE EARLY SHOW INTERVIEW aka Yeah Yeah..one more excuse for cheating."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-24-02, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"THE EARLY SHOW INTERVIEW aka Yeah Yeah..one more excuse for cheating."
LAST EDITED ON 10-24-02 AT 12:51 PM (EST)

(CBS) It was an all-out sprint to the finish that began in Highlands of Scotland and ended in Portugal. The final clue read to the teams were to “walk to the Pit Stop.” Unfortunately, Heather Mahar and Eve Madison chose to take a taxi and got a 30-minute penalty that left them in last place.

So why did the Harvard Law School roommates disobey the instructions?

“Well, I guess at a crucial point, deciding as you saw to take a cab or to walk, it was indicated by our cameraman OK to take a cab. We ended up taking the cab, and obviously, it ended up hurting us,” says Eve on The Early Show.

The error by the production staff was not shown on the show, which must have been a bitter pill for the team to swallow.

“We hope that we were never bitter,” says Heather. “We know it's a game. It was sad. We felt that we had the potential to go a lot further, but again, we know it was a game. The best thing about it was that we wanted to play the game very ethically as lawyers and human beings and came forward,” says Eve.

When show host Phil Keoghan told Heather and Eve they were in first place, they knew something was amiss, so they did not wait for the tapes to be reviewed, and came forward admitting what had happened.

“A lot of the teams were surprised we'd come forward. Tape reviews for 48 hours. No one would have known that we had taken the cab because no one saw us. The cab went a different way than the runners went. We didn't see anyone and realized we were to walk,” say Heather.

But the taxi ride was not their only vehicle trouble. While driving the streets of Portugal, Eve got into a fender bender.

“There were two stick shifts. We didn't know which one to use,” says Eve. She had learned how to drive a stick only a few weeks before the race began, she explains.

Their clumsiness delayed the fireman and policeman team who, while stuck behind the lawyers, made fun of the girls' Harvard Law degrees.

“I called them last night, 'How dare you say that,'” jokes Eve.

“All in good fun,” adds Heather. “Wonderful people. a lot of community work in their jobs. Just great people.”

So how do Heather and Eve rate their experience?

“We met amazing people. Every team had a strength, something to teach you. It was great,” says Heather.

“That’s my favorite adjective, amazing. It was an amazing experience,” adds Eve.

"The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, youre still a rat"

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 It wasn't our fault! VA Slim 10-24-02 1
 RE: THE EARLY SHOW INTERVIEW aka Ye... mocha madness 10-24-02 2
   RE: THE EARLY SHOW INTERVIEW aka Ye... nailbone 10-29-02 8
 They think we're morons AyaK 10-24-02 3
 RE: THE EARLY SHOW INTERVIEW aka Ye... 712 10-25-02 4
   RE: THE EARLY SHOW INTERVIEW aka Ye... Devil Advocate 10-28-02 5
       RE: THE EARLY SHOW INTERVIEW aka Ye... managerr 10-29-02 6
           RE: THE EARLY SHOW INTERVIEW aka Ye... mocha madness 10-29-02 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

VA Slim 450 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-24-02, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VA%20Slim Click to send private message to VA%20Slim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "It wasn't our fault!"
LAST EDITED ON 10-24-02 AT 01:08 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-24-02 AT 01:06 PM (EST)

These two will be great lawyers - put the blame on somebody else! The Cameraman said it was OK to take the cab? I suppose if he told you it was OK to jump off a cliff you would have done that too! Oh, and you 'fessed up? No one would have known for 48 hours until they reviewed the film? Too rich! How dumb! Do you want us to believe that the other contestants who arrived within 7 minutes (the actual time gain that they were assessed to have made up in the cab) wouldn't have figured this out? Or were your alliances so strong that your buds wouldn't have "ratted" you out? See ya later, bye! And good riddance!

mocha madness 251 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-24-02, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mocha%20madness Click to send private message to mocha%20madness Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: THE EARLY SHOW INTERVIEW aka Yeah Yeah..one more excuse for cheating."
I was hoping someone would post about the early show interview, which I missed today. These two witches will be excellent lawyers because they already know how to lie, and already know how to blame others. Did Julie Chen actually confront them about their lies, or is that asking too much of Julie? During the taxi ride to the hotel the tall one looked at the instructions and read out loud..."we are supposed to walk"....I thought they would be smart and have the taxi driver take them first to the hotel and then back again so they would know exactly where they had to go....they could run directly and probably beat acouple of the teams. NOOOOOO.....these broads have to lie their asses off about their "simple mistake" and now months later still cannot confront the truth. I did not expect them to lose this round, but I am sure glad they went down.

One other point about these spoiled bitches.....what were they thinking begging for money in the Miami airport? As Harvard graduates they must have paid some major dough to attend that school....besides being lying dogs they have to panhandle money? I just came back from four weeks of living and traveling in an extremely poor country, and after seeing lots of poor people working their ass off every friggin day....to see these broads, or any other privileged white people offering nothing, but still being able bodied enough to beg for someone's money still makes my blood boil.

These two gals suck...but they can always continue to trade on their looks, and they should not forget how to blame others or heaven forbid accept responsibility for their own actions. Are there any defenders out there for these two?

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-02, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: THE EARLY SHOW INTERVIEW aka Yeah Yeah..one more excuse for cheating."

>
>One other point about these spoiled
>bitches.....what were they thinking begging
>for money in the Miami
>airport? As Harvard graduates
>they must have paid some
>major dough to attend that
>school....besides being lying dogs they
>have to panhandle money?
>I just came back from
>four weeks of living and
>traveling in an extremely poor
>country, and after seeing lots
>of poor people working their
>ass off every friggin day....to
>see these broads, or any
>other privileged white people offering
>nothing, but still being able
>bodied enough to beg for
>someone's money still makes my
>blood boil.
>
Well, the only think I can think to say to defend them here is that I think they're not allowed to use their own money, just that which the show types give them to use. So it doesn't matter if they are rich or not, they don't have their own bank accounts to draw from. Not defending the other stuff, esp. since you seem heel-bent on hating them...

(c) 2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-02, 08:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "They think we're morons"
Even though these two represent my alma mater, I have to comment on this, because clearly they take us for morons.

>When show host Phil Keoghan told Heather and Eve they were
>in first place, they knew something was amiss, so they
>did not wait for the tapes to be reviewed, and
>came forward admitting what had happened.

Perhaps it was edited, but normally Phil tells the first team to show up that they're team number one. Instead, he told them that they were the first team to arrive. Do they really expect us to believe that Phil wouldn't have known they cheated for another 48 hours? It seems like Phil knew already. In other words, they came forward one step ahead of the hangman, not 48 hours ahead.

>The best thing about it was that we wanted to play the game very
>ethically as lawyers and human beings and came forward,” says Eve.

Right, that's why they read the clue over again in the cab, clearly noting that it said "walk," and then kept on riding in the cab. Yeah, like that's a production error.

>“Well, I guess at a crucial point, deciding as you saw to take
>a cab or to walk, it was indicated by our cameraman OK to take
>a cab. We ended up taking the cab, and obviously, it ended up
>hurting us,” says Eve on The Early Show.

Ah, it's somebody else's fault. Not theirs! No, if they'd only been able to read English, they'd have done it right. It must have been tough getting through Harvard Law when you can't read.

>The error by the production staff was not shown on the show,
>which must have been a bitter pill for the team to swallow.

I'll bet that it says clearly in the rules that you can't rely on any comments from the camera and sound guys; you have to rely on the written directions. So their argument is that they broke the rules -- knowingly broke the rules -- and they should have gotten a pass because of detrimental reliance, even though they had been expressly told that they couldn't rely on such words. Very Clintonian. Define "is" for me, please, Heather.

A real bitter pill. Yeah.

712 356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-25-02, 01:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 712 Click to send private message to 712 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: THE EARLY SHOW INTERVIEW aka Yeah Yeah..one more excuse for cheating."
I don't buy the 48 hour thing. Why would they wait 48 hours in this case, when every other time that penalties have been handed out, they were always given on the next leg.. 12 hours later....

Devil Advocate 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-28-02, 09:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devil%20Advocate Click to send private message to Devil%20Advocate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: THE EARLY SHOW INTERVIEW aka Yeah Yeah..one more excuse for cheating."
It amuses me that they say they wanted to play the game ethically, when in the first episode they revealed that their strategy was to use their looks to their advantage and hussle people for money and help ...

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-29-02, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: THE EARLY SHOW INTERVIEW aka Yeah Yeah..one more excuse for cheating."
Ah but hustling people for money and using their looks to get ahead is legal in the rules. That's the difference. They wanted to play the game in a sleazy way--which is ethical in the strictest sense, but still sleazy.

mocha madness 251 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-29-02, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mocha%20madness Click to send private message to mocha%20madness Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: THE EARLY SHOW INTERVIEW aka Yeah Yeah..one more excuse for cheating."
The nonsense about claiming to be ethical, and yet being sleazy is what ticks me off most about these two. I have more respect for someone like a Wil or even the Guidos who all made no secret or claim to be doing anything other then trying to win, no matter how obnoxious or sleazy. These two broads flaunted their superiority of being harvard law grads, but had no problems trading on their looks to panhandle money, whining about anything difficult or hard, bending the rules in a cowardly way to their own advantage, and in the final insult....blame others for their own stupid mistakes. I know that I am "over the top" on these two, but their demise from AR3, and their humiliation in being eliminated by their own stupidity is really justice for these wannabie lawyer crybabies. Maybe David Kelly could cast them in his latest fantasy female lawyer show.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •