The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"West Coast Update thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-05-01, 07:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"West Coast Update thread"
Post all updates to this thread for tonight's episode!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Opening AyatollahKhomeini 04-05-01 1
   RE: Opening AyatollahKhomeini 04-05-01 2
       RC AyatollahKhomeini 04-05-01 3
           RE: RC MDSkinner 04-05-01 4
           RE: IC.......That CHEER you hear gu... Dalton 04-05-01 6
           A quiet I told you so... IceCat 04-05-01 12
 Day 2 AyatollahKhomeini 04-05-01 5
   IC AyatollahKhomeini 04-05-01 8
 Nick looks pissed at Colby Winning ... IceCat 04-05-01 7
 Shelter vs. food... IceCat 04-05-01 9
 Day 3 AyatollahKhomeini 04-05-01 10
   RE: Day 3 MDSkinner 04-05-01 11
 TC AyatollahKhomeini 04-05-01 13
 Keith didn't pack anything for TC..... IceCat 04-05-01 14
   Voting AyatollahKhomeini 04-05-01 15
       RE: Voting skierdude10 04-05-01 16
       RE: Voting MDSkinner 04-05-01 17
           Agree AyatollahKhomeini 04-05-01 18
               RE: Agree MDSkinner 04-05-01 21
           RE: Voting lambity 04-05-01 19
               RE: Voting LIZZLOVER 04-05-01 22
                   RE: Voting Elisabeth Rules 04-05-01 24
                       RE: Voting lambity 04-05-01 25
               RE: Voting MadforMadDog 04-06-01 26
           RE: Voting Loree 04-05-01 20
               Nick was a goner already travelingbetty 04-05-01 23
                   RE: Nick was a goner already Loree 04-06-01 27
                       RE: Nick was a goner already George Tirebiter 04-06-01 28
                           Have to add. . . George Tirebiter 04-06-01 29
                               RE: Have to add. . . MDSkinner 04-06-01 30
                               RE: Have to add. . . Kokoro 04-07-01 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

04-05-01, 07:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Opening"
Amber's hurt because her tribe did not trust her enough to tell her what was going on with the Jerri boot. (well, scratch one of my theories) Keith, like the rest of us, sings "Ding, Dong, The Witch Is Dead." Amber shows everyone that they have only one serving of rice. Colby and Keith try to hunt grasshoppers!

04-05-01, 07:17 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Opening"
The guys are noting how skinny they have gotten. Colby says that humans can go for days without food.

04-05-01, 07:22 PM (EST)
3. "RC"
LAST EDITED ON 04-05-01 AT 07:23 PM (EST)

A straight auction. They each get a wallet with money. Lots of product placement. Among others:

Doritos (4) and salsa to Nick. Peanut butter and some chocolate to Elisabeth. Mountain Dew to Amber. Bud Light to Nick. Energy bar to Colby. A full meal with turkey and mashed potatoes to Elisabeth after she agrees to share it with Tina.

Everyone feels sick after eating and develops diarrhea.

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-05-01, 08:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: RC"
LAST EDITED ON 04-05-01 AT 08:35 PM (EST)

Colby with the BLAZING fire wins immunity. Pretty good since he was the last one to even start putting water in the bucket.

Nick is not looking so good right now.

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-05-01, 08:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: IC.......That CHEER you hear guys is......."
SEE I TOLD YA SO!!!

Dalton
(See: Voting Thread #100---that boy
knows "How to Light a Fire")

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-05-01, 08:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "A quiet I told you so..."
I would like to give myself a little pat on the back for getting the 'natural consequences' = illness from eating. After voting for Nick last week I need a little boost

IceCat

04-05-01, 08:36 PM (EST)
5. "Day 2"
Thunder during the RC -- overnight rain. In the morning, they have to move the tent because the water is rising so much. Elisabeth says that a storm could come and wash their tent away because it's in the middle of a river bed.

Lack of food and his back are killing Nick, who says, "Please get me out of here, sometime soon." Tina, Rodger, and Lis have been fishing, but Tina complains that Nick didn't go fishing even though they asked him. Even Lis is really disappointed in Nick right now. So I guess we know which survivor wasn't pulling his weight.

04-05-01, 08:39 PM (EST)
8. "IC"
Sorry, fell behind here. IC is starting a fire and then using a can to fill a big water bucket WHICH HAS A HOLE IN IT to raise the fire to light a fuse at the top. Nick has his fire lit first, and he's filling the bucket. Then Tina and Keith. Colby is one of the last ones to get his fire lit, but he shoots up from behind to light the fuse first and win immunity.

04-05-01, 08:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Nick looks pissed at Colby Winning IC"
Thx for the updates AyaK and MD... got held up at work and missed the first half of tonite's episode.

IceCat

04-05-01, 08:42 PM (EST)
9. "Shelter vs. food..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-05-01 AT 08:45 PM (EST)

Jiffy Probe says give me the tarps and the flag and I'll give you two weeks worth of rice and 25 fish hooks.

They accept and build a new hut out of wood and a thatched grass roof... Nick seems to be sittin' on his butt as the others build.

04-05-01, 08:42 PM (EST)
10. "Day 3"
LAST EDITED ON 04-05-01 AT 08:47 PM (EST)

I agree, IceCat, Nick does look pissed. I'd think he'd be happy to be going home.

Everyone wakes up miserable. Lis cries. Rodger almost catches a turtle but loses the hook. Jeff P. offers the "food for shelter" tradeoff that Krautboy and GG worked out: the tarps and the flag for rice and 25 fish hooks.

Jeff leaves with their shelter just as rain comes in. They chop up the Target crate and try to make shelter out of leaves and branches. Doesn't work very well.

04-05-01, 08:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Day 3"
Other than Nick, they all worked really hard to build themselves a new shelter. Lots of branches, grass and twigs but it should do OK. Nick is definitely being built up to be gone, so it looks like we may have done well this week.

04-05-01, 08:53 PM (EST)
13. "TC"
LAST EDITED ON 04-05-01 AT 08:55 PM (EST)

Amber is worried that she might be next. Colby is worried about the bond between Amber and Lis, thinking that Amber might defect to Kucha. Amber is seen discussing her pivotal role -- hey guys, she isn't that dumb -- she really understands her power right now.

04-05-01, 08:53 PM (EST)
14. "Keith didn't pack anything for TC..."
and someone (Colby?) asks 'You not taking anything, Keith?'

I wonder if this kind of pride will hurt him later?

IceCat

04-05-01, 08:59 PM (EST)
15. "Voting"
LAST EDITED ON 04-05-01 AT 09:05 PM (EST)

Nick votes for Keith and points out how arrogant Keith was, just as you said, IceCat. Tina votes for Nick. The votes:

4 -- Nick
2 -- Amber
1 -- Keith

BYE NICK!

BUT it doesn't appear to be a tribal-line vote. Looks like Keith and Colby voted for Amber?

Nope, straight tribal lines: Tina, Keith, Colby, Amber for Nick. Lis and Rodger for Amber. Nick for Keith. Rodger or Lis better pack a bag, depending on E11 immunity.

skierdude10 114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-05-01, 09:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skierdude10 Click to send private message to skierdude10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Voting "
The votes were as follows:

Colby, Keith, Tina, Amber - NICK

NICK - Keith

Liz, Rodger - AMBER

04-05-01, 09:10 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Voting"
Straight up tribal lines. There is no way that Amber is going to side with Rodger and Liz now that they voted agaist her(and she should be able to figure that out). That may have been a huge mistake on their part.

04-05-01, 09:20 PM (EST)
18. "Agree"
When Amber was contemplating her power, she wondered if she could trust Kucha if she decided to throw in with them. I think this answered her question.

Do you think this will finally kill the "uncle cameraman"/ryanbbb "spoiler"? Note that there is no K/T/E/R aliiance. But I'm sure the people who want to believe in it will paper that over somehow, since it did "predict" both Nick's boot and Colby's immunity.

04-05-01, 09:34 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Agree"
This won't stop that Ryanbbbbbbbbbbbbb spoiler just because there are too many people that want to believe it. Even if the details of it are dead wrong, people will not see that.

I do think that it could change this next week however. It seems fairly possible that old Lizzy may be seeing her last few days at the camp if the Oga's do actually stick together.

lambity 50 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-05-01, 09:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lambity Click to send private message to lambity Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Voting"
>Straight up tribal lines.
> There is no way
>that Amber is going to
>side with Rodger and Liz
>now that they voted agaist
>her(and she should be able
>to figure that out).
> That may have been
>a huge mistake on their
>part.

Rodger and Lis are so stupid!! They'll be gone by Ep.12

LIZZLOVER 235 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-05-01, 09:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LIZZLOVER Click to send private message to LIZZLOVER Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Voting"
The way I see it, and yes I am a Liz fan, is that neither one of them voted for Keith or Tina.

They couldn't vote for Colby, and they weren't going to vote for Keith or Tina, so who was left (being the nice, loyal people they seem to be)? I agree that they could have voted for Nick to make it look good. Yet, at the same time, they showed their "trust" to K/T by not taking a stab at them. Keith WAS arrogant in his approach to TC. I'm sure R/L assumed someone might vote for Amber besides themselves, or at least that's what they were lead to believe.

I know, I know...I just don't want Liz to be gone, but it looks as if it might be the case.

Lizz Just Is

Elisabeth Rules 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-05-01, 10:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Elisabeth%20Rules Click to send private message to Elisabeth%20Rules Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Voting"
LAST EDITED ON 04-05-01 AT 10:46 PM (EST)

yeah lizzlover, i agree. amber is obviously the outsider of the remaining ogakors. and she'll probably be the first of them to go (barring immunity or some other surprise). therefore, it's in elisabeth and rodger's best interest to not vote against keith and tina since they seem to have a lot of control

it's not impossible for amber to side with liz and rodger, though. she'll do what's in her best interest to win and taking out colby in a tie-breaker would help her chances. she'd potentially last longer by joining l/r than staying with c/k/t (final 3 instead of final 4), though she'd be gone there if she didn't get immunity. though, if she did get immunity at that point - there's your liz/amber final 2 cuz she'd kick out rodger over elisabeth most likely (though she'd be dead goin up against either of them). but goin out at #2 or even 3 is better than goin out at #4. well, we'll see. the power (and the fate of elisabeth!!!) is in amber's hands. should be interesting.

ahh, forgot to mention that if liz and rodger had just said "screw it, nick is gone anyway, he's a lazy ass, let's just vote for him" then it could have hurt them if either of them (LIZ!) makes it to the final 2. nick could still hold a grudge against that person for that and vote for whoever that person was up against in the final. so, another possible good call by liz and rodger.

GO ELISABETH!!!!!

lambity 50 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-05-01, 11:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lambity Click to send private message to lambity Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Voting"
I think it's really in Amber's best interest to stay loyal to her tribe because she knows that she has a more realistic chance of winning the million with Keith by her side than with Liz or Rodger. I'm sure she realizes that none of Kuchas or Ogakors can be trusted one bit and that Kucha will do their best to try to get one of the Ogakors to vote with them in Ep.11 to oust a fellow Ogakor and since they voted her in Ep.10, they can't be trusted one bit. I think that Tina, Keith and Colby realize that they will have a much better chance of winning the game with Amber by their side. No one in their right mind will want to take Rodger or Liz to the final 2, and what a better time to get rid of them. The 2 votes that Amber picked up in Ep.10 could be a blessing in disguise for her becasue her tribemates will feel more secure now that she has picked up a couple of votes and would want to keep her around a little longer.

In addition, I don't think that a Keith-Tina-Liz-Rodger alliance will ever occur. It would be absolutely suicidal for Tina and Keith to form such an alliance. They love the position they are in right now and they know that it's most unlikely for Colby and Amber to defect to Kucha.

MadforMadDog 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-06-01, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MadforMadDog Click to send private message to MadforMadDog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Voting"
Idiots!!!!!!!!

Rodger and Liz just lost the game.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-01, 09:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Voting"
Seems like Nick wanted to go home so bad that he didn't even bother to find out who Rodger and Liz were voting for. He just threw his vote at who was the most annoying to him. And that was Keith with his arrogance. I think Nick had just given up. He didn't feel good and didn't care about the game anymore. I am looking forward to finding out about him in the interviews. He has been so mysterious to us.

travelingbetty 296 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-05-01, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail travelingbetty Click to send private message to travelingbetty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Nick was a goner already"
Since Nick didn't win immunity (and he tried) why not throw out your last vote to speak your mind if you think you are a goner. There has been discussion about Keith's arrogance (and Jeff confirmed this on the boy's night out) that maybe absent Jerri, Keith would have been the next to go if not for tribal alliance (still strong and now kicking Kucha's a$$). I think that if Lis and Roger were not to vote tribal lines they would have picked Nick. They instead went Oga, and went for the weakest member, Lamber, Jerri's right-hand henchwench. Amber may or may not take that as a sign that she cannot trust the Kucha's and still vote with Colby or really and truly let's make a deal.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-01, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Nick was a goner already"
Nick said on The Early Show that he told Liz and Rodger to just vote for whoever they wanted. He just was fed up with Keith and decided to vote for him and his arrogance. He knew he was going and didn't care.

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-06-01, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Nick was a goner already"
Yeah, and he also said he WASN'T the lazy ass they portrayed him as. . . (guess that explains why he sat on his duff while the sickly Elizabeth worked hers off so HE could eat!)

My main "contribution" doesn't really have anything to do with this episode, except that it comes from the local news, which aired after; didn't seem worth its own thread, so you sleuths can do with it what you will:

Teaser for the "local" news (Tampa's ch. 10) said that a local couple had gotten friendly with Tina on their honeymoon cruise, and "did she give up a major spoiler?"

Of course, the closer we got to the news, the more vague that got. . . (have they learned well from MB's infuriating skills at misleading?) By the time they got to the item, there was no real spoiler material, except to say that this couple had recognized her immediately, made a point of getting her in as many video shots as possible, she was very friendly to everyone, she still stays in touch with them (I don't think it's been that long since the cruise--which originated in Tampa), and they have the distinct impression that if she didn't win the whole thing, she came extremely close. Perhaps there's something more available in the Tampa media, but I don't think I care enough to work that hard. . .

If nothing else, Tina's apparently got enough money set aside to afford a cruise; she doesn't exactly strike me as a real world traveler-type, but this is a frequent activity for the nouveau-riche. . .

GT

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-06-01, 08:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "Have to add. . ."
I know, this is probably getting lost in the old-hat episode summary. . . but I had to add something (from the "We DESPISE Jerri" thread in Bashers?)--Someone reported Tina seen driving a new Beemer, her website has a photo of her with her new washer & dryer (simple pleasures for simple minds?), and a tropical cruise? Is this strangely conspicuous consumption? or is it just logical that she's earned enough at this point to account for all this?

GT

04-06-01, 08:40 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Have to add. . ."
Last season Gervase got a new SUV while he was still on the show and everyone thought that might mean that he won. He ended up being 6th place I believe, so it really does not mean anything. I don't believe that the survivors even get paid until the final episode airs, so this does not mean anything, I would say.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-07-01, 03:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Have to add. . ."
<<or is it just logical that she's earned enough at this point to account for all this?>>

While it's true that the Survivors don't get paid until after the finale, Tina would not be so free with her savings unless she won ~at least~ enough to make up for it....a 6th place finish is approximately $50,000 - before taxes, so it depends how much the car, appliances and vacation were altogether....still, since different people will have different psycological reactions, it doesn't really determine much.

Ooooh watch out everyone there's a "crack" in the alliance. Yeah, maybe; If crack was slang for millionaire.

And my new mascot type thingy:

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •