The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SI Swimsuit Model Search - Final 2!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

RyrieRae 416 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-03-05, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RyrieRae Click to send private message to RyrieRae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SI Swimsuit Model Search - Final 2!"
I know it is a complete rip off of ANTM, but if it falls into the category of Reality TV, I watch it.

Anyway... so the final 2 were anounced last night... Way to go Shannon! Been rooting for you all along.

Then I go to cast my vote for her at NBC.com and was shocked by the pictures I see. First up is a really sweet, soft photo of Alicia (who I admit is pretty) and the quality is very good. Then I see Shannon's and it must be the worst picture of her the entire time. Her face is over-powered by that huge floral hat and the quality of her photo is that of a disposable camera.

Are the producers really that bias? I knew Alicia would be in the final 2 as they began to soften her character in the editing, but it looks like they really want her to win.

Enough said, go vote for Shannon.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SI Swimsuit Model Search - Fina... Ricky 02-04-05 1
 RE: SI Swimsuit Model Search - Fina... ARnutz 02-06-05 2
 RE: SI Swimsuit Model Search - Fina... Lisapooh 02-07-05 3
   RE: SI Swimsuit Model Search - Fina... Tahj 02-07-05 4
 RE: SI Swimsuit Model Search - Fina... BennyBoy 02-07-05 5
   RE: SI Swimsuit Model Search - Fina... btybratt 02-09-05 6
 For the record TeamJoisey 02-09-05 7
   Alicia Hall winner YEAH Reality432423 02-10-05 8
       RE: Alicia Hall winner YEAH Ricky 02-10-05 9
           RE: Alicia Hall winner YEAH Reality432423 02-11-05 10
               RE: Alicia Hall winner YEAH RyrieRae 02-12-05 11
                   RE: Alicia Hall winner YEAH ARnutz 02-12-05 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-04-05, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SI Swimsuit Model Search - Final 2!"
It looks like online voting has already closed ? What a rip!

I went to www.nbc.com and www.si.com/modelsearch

(the si site said that online voting has closed)

"Keep on keepin' on."
"Life is a garden...dig it"

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-06-05, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SI Swimsuit Model Search - Final 2!"
Too late, I already voted for Alicia. I never liked the gap in Shannon's teeth or her freckles from day 1, so it was easy for me to decide.

I did not pay attention to the photos on the site before voting. I based my vote on the performance on the show.

I guess we just canceled each other's vote out, huh?

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate.

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-05, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SI Swimsuit Model Search - Final 2!"
LAST EDITED ON 02-07-05 AT 11:47 AM (EST)

Shannon and Jenna both model for JCP so I'm hoping Shannon wins. Although I didn't even see this show at all until VH1 ran a marathon of it yesterday. I guess I can't vote.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-07-05, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SI Swimsuit Model Search - Final 2!"
Yeah, me too. I hope Alicia wins.

BennyBoy 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-07-05, 07:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BennyBoy Click to send private message to BennyBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SI Swimsuit Model Search - Final 2!"
Hoping Alicia wins, she at least has somewhat of a brain. Jenna was robbed.

Another Masterful Work of Slicey. I am still I am still Benny from da Block

btybratt 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-09-05, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail btybratt Click to send private message to btybratt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SI Swimsuit Model Search - Final 2!"
I am really pulling for Shannon. I have been in the beauty and fashion biz for several years and have worked with countless models. Shannon is like a breath of fresh air, reminiscent of Kathy Ireland. Alicia looks like all the girls I see running around New York with their portfolios...a dime a dozen. She is pretty no question but she is not particularly savvy and she is a bomb waiting to go off...
Anyway, this is a swimsuit issue. Shannon has the body, the face, and the requisite quirky factor (the cute gap in her teeth). She has an easy naturalness that I haven't seen for quite some time.
I hope she prevails!!!!

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-09-05, 11:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "For the record"
LAST EDITED ON 02-09-05 AT 11:50 PM (EST)

Alicia Hall was the winner.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

Reality432423 153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-10-05, 07:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Reality432423 Click to send private message to Reality432423 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Alicia Hall winner YEAH"
Alicia won, I am so glad. I voted for her ten times (I was allowed to vote 5 times per e-mail address, and I had two of them). I'm sorry, but Shannon was just ok for me, there really wasn't anything special about her.

Alicia was pretty much hated in the house, but her progress really amazed me, she actually turned me around and made me her fan.

What struck me was Alicia's eyes, it was very piercing, I could not get that image out of my head. The shoot at Bora Bora pretty much blew me away. Alicia has real fire and a real fighting spirit and it's evident in her eyes. Shannon had no spark nothing at all.

I believe Alicia's created a passion in her fans and they took the effort to vote many times, not just once (like me). I actually had to search for 15 minutes on google before I found the voting webage.

Maybe it's because Alicia had to fight for everything, whatever it was, her look was haunting and memorable.

I'm so glad she won, I'm definitly buying the Swimsuit Issue of Sports Illustrated.

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-10-05, 07:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Alicia Hall winner YEAH"
Maybe it's because Alicia had to fight for everything, whatever it was, her look was haunting and memorable.

I agree. She has a look that really stands out. On the first show when they were introducing all of the girls to us, she's one of the few that left an impression on me.

I'm so glad she won, I'm definitly buying the Swimsuit Issue of Sports Illustrated.
The show worked for me too. I have never bought the Swimsuit issue before, but I will buy it since Alicia is in it. I hope she's on the cover!

Sig pic by Angelfood. Underdog is a registered trademark of Sony Music (Video) Inc.
Opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily the view of Underdog or Deputy Dog.

Reality432423 153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-11-05, 02:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Reality432423 Click to send private message to Reality432423 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Alicia Hall winner YEAH"
Same here, I never bought the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue before. But I'm definitly going to buy this issue.

Actually Alicia looks kinda normal outside of the camera, but when you see her shots, they are fantastic. I'm glad it all worked out for her.

Hope she does well, I don't think there's a need to worry about her now.

RyrieRae 416 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-12-05, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RyrieRae Click to send private message to RyrieRae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Alicia Hall winner YEAH"
Let me go on the record as saying, I AM glad Alicia won. She's very beautiful and deserved it. I simply voted for Shannon, because we have so much in common. I liked her sweetness, and she was very pretty, in a non-conventional way.

With that said, I could tell from the very beginning of the finale on Wednesday that Alicia was the winner. The editing totally gave it away.

Alicia was edited as the "hard-knocks life" girl from the trailor park in Vegas. Her mom was never around, but fortunately her stepdad took her in as his own. She had a rough upbringing, and simply wanted to do this to provide for her family. When interviewed, the quotes that made the show followed the pattern of "I don't know if I'll win," and "I was just so happy to get to do it."

Then they show Shannon. Shannon lives in a huge house. Shannon is engaged to a doctor. When Shannon eats a meal, it is a feast and her whole family is there to enjoy it together. When interviewed, the quotes that made the show followed the pattern of "I'm gonna win. Sorry Alicia."

So, it became clear very early that Alicia was the winner. And to her I say, "Congratulations. I didn't vote for you, but I'm glad you won."

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-05, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Alicia Hall winner YEAH"
Aren't you a sweetie?!

I will add that I was very glad that Shannon made it to the final two over Jenna - a cookie cutter blonde and Stacy - who was completely outdone by Shannon during the shoot in Bora Bora. I just happened to have a preference for Alicia because she was fabulous! I had the feeling before the finale that the Next Model Management guy would have given Alicia a contract even if Shannon won.

Shannon did deserve to make it to the finals and I'm sure (given that she is modeling elsewhere) she will be getting many opportunites from her exposure (no pun intended) on the show.

I did feel that "poor Alicia" editing during the finale too. Shannon is very blessed with her life, it seemed almost too perfect.

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •