The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What reality do some of these folks live in?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

DeeDee67 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-02-05, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DeeDee67 Click to send private message to DeeDee67 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What reality do some of these folks live in?"
What I'd like to know is, who tells some of these people that audition that they are good? There are some contestants who have an unshakeable belief in their talent, when in reality, they have none. Don't they have friends and family? Do they watch the show? Do people tell them they should go on? I don't know, I'm past the age where I can audition (not THAT far past, lol)but I KNOW that I can't sing worth a darn, and if I were 25 again you would NEVER catch me trying to "get to hollywood". And the manners and arrogance some of them possess...I cringe sometimes at the cursing and anger after they're rejected. Who raised these people? Do I live in the same country as they do? It's truly mortifying. Does anyone share my disbelief?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What reality do some of these f... opinionated 02-02-05 1
   RE: What reality do some of these f... nailbone 02-02-05 2
       RE: What reality do some of these f... Spidey 02-02-05 4
           RE: What reality do some of these f... nailbone 02-16-05 14
 RE: What reality do some of these f... mochachu 02-02-05 3
   RE: What reality do some of these f... consise10 02-02-05 5
 RE: What reality do some of these f... grit 02-03-05 6
   RE: What reality do some of these f... Flairmarq 02-03-05 7
       RE: What reality do some of these f... consise10 02-04-05 8
       RE: What reality do some of these f... seahorse 02-04-05 9
 I think that some of them must have DontGetMeStarted 02-15-05 10
   RE: I think that some of them must ... realtyamazed 02-15-05 11
       RE: I think that some of them must ... DontGetMeStarted 02-16-05 12
           RE: I think that some of them must ... Flairmarq 02-16-05 13
               RE: I think that some of them must ... DontGetMeStarted 02-17-05 18
 RE: What reality do some of these f... okaychatt 02-16-05 15
   RE: What reality do some of these f... consise10 02-16-05 16
       Hey now..... DontGetMeStarted 02-17-05 17
           RE: Hey now..... consise10 02-17-05 19
               heh heh DontGetMeStarted 02-18-05 20
                   RE: heh heh consise10 02-19-05 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

opinionated 151 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-02-05, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail opinionated Click to send private message to opinionated Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What reality do some of these folks live in?"
I think there are two types of people who audition for American Idol:

1. People who think they can sing.
2. People who want to get on TV.

Sometimes it's hard to tell which type of person we're seeing. Obviously, the ones who can really sing are there to "Go to Hollywood," but the sketchy ones are a mixed bag, I think. I guarantee that some of them KNOW they can't sing, but they figure that the more outrageous they act, the more likely their audition will make it on to the show.

The saddest ones are the ones who really, truly think they can sing but can't. I went to high school with a girl who was completely tone-deaf. Every year she tried out for show choir, and every year she failed. I was a show choir girl, and she was my friend, so she always asked me what she was doing wrong. I kept telling her she was off-pitch, but no matter how hard we worked at it she just couldn't hear the notes. It was like that part of her brain didn't work, you know? Maybe some of these people are so tone-deaf that they just can't hear how bad they are--and no amount of "reality checks" from friends and family change that. I personally can't watch the really bad auditions--I momentarily flip the channel and come back when they're over. I'd rather just see the good ones, but I know most people like the bad ones.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-02-05, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What reality do some of these folks live in?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-02-05 AT 04:11 PM (EST)

I have that problem. Oh I can come close to the notes, but never exactly.

Which is why I play percussion. And rarely sing outside the confines of my automobile.

Handcrafted by Rolly - ain't it cool!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-05, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: What reality do some of these folks live in?"
I am a perpetual flat-noter. Just off enough to sound really awful.

This is why I dance.

May I dance to the beat of your drum?

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-05, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: What reality do some of these folks live in?"
Dancing is good.

New from Sigs by Syren!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

Yeah, baby!

mochachu 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-02-05, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mochachu Click to send private message to mochachu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What reality do some of these folks live in?"
I don't understand why they don't record their voice and listen to it before they make complete fools of themselves on national television. Of course, maybe they have and they are just too tone-deaf to hear how horrible they sound...

consise10 399 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-02-05, 06:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail consise10 Click to send private message to consise10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: What reality do some of these folks live in?"
It sounds like 'bad singing' has become a culture amongst AI auditionees.They want to make the worst singers list and get a bit of fame that way.

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

02-03-05, 08:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: What reality do some of these folks live in?"
Part of the problem is that the screeners send through some bad singers because that's what the producers want - it makes for good television. It was discussed in this thread.

I would imagine that if a screener told someone, "Okay, you'll sing for Randy, Paula, and Simon" then that person would think, "Wow! I must be really good if I'm moving on!"

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Flairmarq 303 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-05, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flairmarq Click to send private message to Flairmarq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: What reality do some of these folks live in?"
The funny things is that the judges complain about no good talent. Guess what? We were eliminated in the first round because they took the first bunch of good singers from the first 5000 singers.

The thing is that the producers want to make the first episodes funny, and more important, make the good singers sound better before the Hollywood round. But what worries me is that a good singer will half to "get into a gimmick" in order to make it past the first round. I am wondering if anyone tried to sing bad and be charismatic about it, then went in front of Paula, Randy, and Simon and sang well.

Interesting concept.

02-04-05, 03:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail consise10 Click to send private message to consise10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: What reality do some of these folks live in?"
Good point Flairmarq

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-05, 11:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: What reality do some of these folks live in?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-08-05 AT 02:05 AM (EST)

I did not see any bad singers moved on. The odds were 500 to 1 against so most that moved on had some talent.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

DontGetMeStarted 880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-15-05, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DontGetMeStarted Click to send private message to DontGetMeStarted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "I think that some of them must have"
hearing problems. Others are just plain DAW's, with no other chance in the forseeable future to ever be on TV (oy, such a big deal...)

realtyamazed 189 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-15-05, 10:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realtyamazed Click to send private message to realtyamazed Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: I think that some of them must have"
I like it when the people get removed because they are bad singers and they get so angry. I can understand someone being confident if they have a good voice but can't get a break, but a lot of these performers are just peeing in a cup and trying to sell it as lemonade.

02-16-05, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DontGetMeStarted Click to send private message to DontGetMeStarted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: I think that some of them must have"
Yeah, and here we are looking for that long tall cool drink of water.... ;)

Flairmarq 303 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-05, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flairmarq Click to send private message to Flairmarq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: I think that some of them must have"
But you had to know you were going to get eliminated if you saw some of the bad performances from last night and were in the same room as them.

02-17-05, 01:52 PM (EST)
18. "RE: I think that some of them must have"
Some didn't seem to think so though. I suppose there are a bunch of Psychology students around the globe doing papers on the topic and sooner or later we will be 'enlightened' to the 'complex' and have new meds for it.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-16-05, 07:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: What reality do some of these folks live in?"
Some of these wannabes are confusing burning desire with true talent.

Some think that practicing for hours on end makes them The.Best.Ever.

Some are the best their home town has to offer and are suffering from (BFLPS) Big Fish, Little Pond Syndrome.

Some actually believe great-aunt Martha and Stage Mom Wannabe when they praise their little tone deaf darlings.

Some suffer from Quick Fix Delusion. No long, arduous training for them. They want it all - NOW!

The rest are just DAWs who refuse to take, "No. Saints Preserve us, NO!" for an answer.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

02-16-05, 08:05 PM (EST)
16. "RE: What reality do some of these folks live in?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-16-05 AT 08:06 PM (EST)

You are too right okaychatt! I especially agree with your BFLPS statement.

Their mothers ought to take some of the blame too for encouraging their poor abilities at singing and inflating their fragile egos!

A true abled singer doesn`t need to be flashy and dancey at the audition,that kind of stuff is just distracting. They need to best demonstrate their voice and ability to sing and shine on camera.

What do you and others out there think, okaychatt ?

02-17-05, 12:01 PM (EST)
17. "Hey now....."
My 7 year old has a great voice..... as a matter of fact he just got an excellent in chorus..... and, he only squeeks and warbles a little bit.... he is GREAT! He will be a STAR!!!

lol!

oddly he has wanted to be a rock star since he was 2.

02-17-05, 11:34 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Hey now....."
See now I guess that`s probably what you and I mean okaychatt.What do you think?

As your post name suggests, don`t get me started!!!

LOL Ha Ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaa

(No offence intended)

02-18-05, 12:56 PM (EST)
20. "heh heh"
I thought of better monkiers but the ffc would impose fines for them.......

;)

02-19-05, 09:45 PM (EST)
21. "RE: heh heh"
you can use monkiers cleverly now, DontGetMeStarted.
What Is the 'ffc' ?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •