The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ellipsiiis Picks"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-05-01, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ellipsiiis Picks"
Here is a link to the picks from the Ellipsiiis Brain Trust:

http://www.ellipsiiis.com/survivor/ourpick.shtml

There is also a raging debate about the Ellipsiiis board taking place on EZ ... which seems to have a high flavor of sour grapes in it.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ellipsiiis Picks MDSkinner 04-05-01 1
   RE: Ellipsiiis Picks LIZZLOVER 04-05-01 2
 Ellipsiiis has a mole... IceCat 04-05-01 3
   No knocks at EZ AyatollahKhomeini 04-05-01 4
       Boston Herald / Ellipsiiis Krautboy 04-06-01 11
 RE: Ellipsiiis Picks SurvivinDawg 04-05-01 5
   RE: Ellipsiiis Picks SurvivorBlows 04-05-01 6
       Reason for easy picks... sleeeve 04-06-01 7
           RE: Reason for easy picks... ElmersGlue 04-06-01 12
       Here's why.... Kokoro 04-06-01 8
           RE: Here's why.... SurvivorBlows 04-06-01 9
               RE: Great work, SB Outfrontgirl 04-06-01 10
                   RE: Great work, SB volmel 04-06-01 13
                       RE: Great work, SB Dalton 04-06-01 14
                           Go, Dalton AyatollahKhomeini 04-06-01 15
                           RE: Great work, SB nailbone 04-06-01 16
                           RE: Great work, SB volmel 04-06-01 17
                               RE: Great work, SB volmel 04-06-01 18
                                   RE: Great work, SB Dalton 04-06-01 20
       RE: Ellipsiiis Picks SurvivinDawg 04-06-01 19
           I didn't take it that way AyatollahKhomeini 04-06-01 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-05-01, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ellipsiiis Picks"
What is the gist of the raging debate, if I can ask? Do some of the folks not agree with their pick?

LIZZLOVER 235 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-05-01, 03:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LIZZLOVER Click to send private message to LIZZLOVER Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ellipsiiis Picks"
Some are complaining that they have an "insider" or "mole" at CBS that is feeding them inside information.

Lizz Just Is

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-05-01, 09:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Ellipsiiis has a mole..."
...and EZ board is full of 'weasels'!

Fitting isn't it?

04-05-01, 09:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "No knocks at EZ"
Since griftd became the administrator over there, he's done a great job cleaning that board up. The EZ software is still clunky compared to DCForums, but I can actually go over there and browse now.

One group that seems to have a real mole inside CBS is the Boston Herald. Spoiling I understand. But how could the Herald say weeks ago, on NO evidence, that Lis makes the final four? We're now at the final six, and she's still around. And the Herald has predicted the last three boots in a row!

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-06-01, 01:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Boston Herald / Ellipsiiis"
Did you consider the possibility that both of the "sources" we compliment may be using the same "source" we are skeptical of: "Ryanbbb"!?

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-01, 09:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ellipsiiis Picks"
I have to hand it to the Brain Trust. They correctly picked (for the n'th week in a row) the IC winner as well as the bootee, and several other correct predictions as well. Mole or no mole, they are spoilers par excellence, and I salute them for it!

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Save the drama for yo mama, and SPOIL!

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-01, 11:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ellipsiiis Picks"
First off, I want to be clear this is not intended to be a flame or anything such, and I don't want to see any "TE sucks" postings after this, I respect their skills and don't want anyone here getting us into a board war (in fact I'll go as far to threaten ejection to anyone who does), I'm just thinking aloud in the following...

That being said, while I agree TE is very good, the only question I have with them is their apparent need to "inflate" their already impressive stats by inventing and "picking" no brainer predictions like both tribes would vote united in Ep7 and Ep8, and "will the tribe take the deal" and "there would be multiple RC winners" tonight.

...these are "gimme" spoilers that should be "no brainers" to even the least serious of the serious fans, and I'm not sure why, other than maybe looking to increase their accuracy percentage, they would be bothering with these gimme answers.

...and I also think it should be noted that I believe that other than the IC winners, SB -- in it's own, completely public manner, with myself alone sifting through all the postings and making a final prediction based on the opinion of a single individual -- has managed to match TE prediction by prediction, for each of the last three weeks. So let's not put too much credit into things, before you folks give them so much credit, give some to yourself as well -- as well some of the numerous polls on other sites that Zap2It.com tracks that have also picked the correct bootees the past few weeks.

Personally I feel there are parts of the show that are much more difficult than others to spoil -- the first couple of weeks are cake, due to all the press allowed. Then, from there until the merge it gets much more difficult until after the first merged vote. After that it gets easier until you get to the last half dozen or so... and then the tribal alliances crumble and individual immunity and individual relationship dynamics become much more of a factor into the final shows and the difficulty climbs again. Personally I think the last 3 weeks have been the easiest time for spoiling since weeks 1 & 2 -- certainly much easier than weeks 3-6...

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-06-01, 00:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Reason for easy picks..."
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-01 AT 00:32 AM (EST)

Just a quick note... Ellipsiiiiiiis picks the questions asked in ss.com Fantasy Outback contest. Each week, ss.com asks ~4 questions, and Ellipsiiis responds to all of them... (One of this week's questions was "In a random flip of a coin, conducted by the site administrator, will the coin land heads or tails?... hence ellipsiiis's comment about the coin landing on it's edge)...

I'm not sure whether they are justified in making such easy predictions to "increase their stats," but there is method to their madness...

Just wanted to clarify, and preempt any possible flame wars.

EDITED TO ADD: BTW... great job on your picks as well, webby, I personally put no extra faith in the "brain trust" predictions... they're using the same info we have, and I think we have a very intelligent team of individuals posting here...

ElmersGlue 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-06-01, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ElmersGlue Click to send private message to ElmersGlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Reason for easy picks..."
>>BTW... great job on your picks as well, webby, I personally put
>>no extra faith in the "brain trust" predictions... they're >>using the same info we have, and I think we have a very >>intelligent team of individuals posting here...

I'll second that!
an intelligent team, lots of good humor, a Clown to Entertain (Nobody does a summary as well as Shakes), and a manageable number of posts!!!!!

whether we're right or wrong in our spoilers, this board rocks!

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-06-01, 00:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Here's why...."
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-01 AT 00:48 AM (EST)

EDIT: lol, this always happens....anyway I didn't refresh and Sleeve posted the same thing about 15 minutes ago ^-^;;

Ooooh watch out everyone there's a "crack" in the alliance. Yeah, maybe; If crack was slang for millionaire.

And my new mascot type thingy:

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-01, 01:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Here's why...."
Ah, not being a FOB player, thanks for the info... that certainly explains it. (FOB features such easy questions -- wow...)

Guess I'll just leave the posting up for the purposes of completeness, but that certainly resolves the issue.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-01, 01:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Great work, SB"
I'm blown away by the amount of work you're doing. I had no idea it was one person, and yes, as good or better as ET, I mean TE. No flies on survivor blows.

volmel 362 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-06-01, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volmel Click to send private message to volmel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Great work, SB"
I agree with Outfrontgirl. I have visited all the boards, and this one is the most thought provoking and intelligent ones out there. I also like it that we're allowed to SEE the message boards here, which you can't at ellipsiis. And the "old-timers" do a great job at keeping things under control and not allowing a lot of us newbies to run rampant posting our theories left and right. hahahaha. They make us think things through and that makes for a very enjoyable board, instead of a lot of mess. I log on to this board first thing every morning. GOOD WORK YA'LL...

Come on Tina, do Tennessee proud

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-06-01, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Great work, SB"
SurvivorBlows.com thanks to Webby has "come
a long way, baby!!!" and is ONE of the BEST
websites anywhere!! OMG <click>

Dalton
~~~~~~~

Note for Volmel:

Please bring your "Come on Tina, do Tennessee proud."
attitude over to our SB BASHER Forum!! We call it
the Dark/Funny side of SB...but people think we are
evil; we're not! We're just mean!!
Anyway, I'm trying to work up the courage to declare
myself "For Tina" or "For Colby" and be forwarned
those idjuts think Tina can't win because she's 40,
she's from Tennessee and she talks funny. Should I,
a known Texan, forsake the Cowboy and go for Tennessee
Tina...I'm going to need help; bigtime. LOL (but true).

Dalton

04-06-01, 02:43 PM (EST)
15. "Go, Dalton"
Good luck in the recruiting campaign!

BTW, anyone who hasn't visited the Bashers board lately should drop in for a visit.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-01, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Great work, SB"
Don't do it, Dalton!! Don't forsake our fellow Texan for someone from *Tennesee*!!!

(headed over to the Basher board....)

04-06-01, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volmel Click to send private message to volmel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Great work, SB"
OMG <CLICK> Dalton, it's BECAUSE Tina is a 40 year old woman from Tennessee (same as me) that she's going to win. (Tina lives just a few miles from me). In fact *I* plan on winning Survivor 3!!! It's all the camping we do in the Smoky Mountains. We are tough as all get out but you would never know it by looking at us or listening to us talk. hahah.

04-06-01, 04:03 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Great work, SB"
One more thing, Dalton. I can guarantee you that Tina looked for the biggest, strongest, best looking guy (Colby) to build an alliance with. Jerri TRIED to, but she was too brash about it. A big no-no with southern women.

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-06-01, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Great work, SB"
You're on a ROLL Volmel....bring it on over to Bashers!!

OMG <Click> YES...Tina and Colby took one look at each other
and knew where the "strength" was!! She's got Keith in her
hip pocket (LET him win IC!!)...and Colby is big enough to
drag Scarri & Lamber around all the live long day!!

I have already declared if MB is ever going to "let a female"
win the million, it better darn well be someone like Tina
and not someone like Amber (gag).

Dalton

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-01, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Ellipsiiis Picks"
I certainly hope that my message above was not interpreted as an insult or degradation of this board or anyone on it. That was certainly not my intention in posting; and complimenting one person or group shouldn't be taken as a slam on anyone else.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

"If I were perfect, I'd run for God." -- Corporal Maxwell Q. Klinger, 4077th MASH

04-06-01, 06:19 PM (EST)
21. "I didn't take it that way"
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-01 AT 06:27 PM (EST)

I didn't think your comment was any type of criticism of SB.com or this board, and I don't think Webby did either. I think he was reacting to the inclusion of the FOb picks in the Ellipsiiis predictions.

After seeing the Early Show preview, everyone who was paying attention KNEW that there would be multiple "winners" in the RC, not just the Ellipsiiis Brain Trust. So, without the framework of FOb, that's not really a prediction -- it was like predicting that Liz would cry during the episode. And the coin flip stuff makes no sense at all without FOb. That's all that prompted the rest of the discussion.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •