The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Plastic face, robotic movements, and no lip-synching: the perfect Idol contestant."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-29-05, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Plastic face, robotic movements, and no lip-synching: the perfect Idol contestant."
That's right: it's AI Barbie, available now at a toy store near you. I just saw the commercial. She sings a Britney Spears song just to hurt Simon, is dressed to make Randy cry, and doesn't move in that way Paula's come to expect. AI Barbie, your leading contender for the top prize in Season #4. She can't move, she can't sing anything that wasn't pre-programmed -- but she can smile. In fact, she can't stop.

Remember, that's American Idol Barbie, only (price to be determined) at (location to be determined). Not to be confused with Justin Ken.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Plastic face, robotic movements... badger 01-29-05 1
   RE: Plastic face, robotic movements... dramamama 01-29-05 2
 Barbies never win though! Angelfood 01-29-05 3
 RE: Plastic face, robotic movements... StarryLuna 01-30-05 4
   RE: Plastic face, robotic movements... dramamama 01-30-05 5
       RE: Plastic face, robotic movements... consise10 01-30-05 6
   RE: Plastic face, robotic movements... Wheezy 01-31-05 7
       RE: Plastic face, robotic movements... Tahj 01-31-05 8
           RE: Plastic face, robotic movements... consise10 02-01-05 9
               RE: Plastic face, robotic movements... Tahj 02-01-05 11
           RE: Plastic face, robotic movements... ElroyJetson 02-01-05 10
               RE: Plastic face, robotic movements... Tahj 02-01-05 12
               RE: Plastic face, robotic movements... Lisapooh 02-02-05 14
           RE: Plastic face, robotic movements... Lisapooh 02-02-05 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-29-05, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Plastic face, robotic movements, and no lip-synching: the perfect Idol contestant."
well, we all know simon likes his idols unreasonably skinny. so how friggin' perfect

and i imagine this barbie's oobies are big enough that she won't have to spend her first fat paycheck on enlargement. that's a nice change from most reality TV contest winners, eh?

dramamama 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-29-05, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dramamama Click to send private message to dramamama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Plastic face, robotic movements, and no lip-synching: the perfect Idol contestant."
OK, I can see a whole line coming out now. Their little friend Willie (whose reticulated arms can make windmill motions) and Paula Abdul (with a face that can hold water: ok, getting cruel, hafta leave).

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-29-05, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Barbies never win though!"
yes, i saw that! (britney songs - uggghhh).

kinda ironic since none of the winners in the Final 3 (or more) have looked anything like that. There's alot of things to criticize American voters on, but at least we've gotten that right. GO AMERICA!

I understand that their target market are teens and young girls, but why did they team up with Barbie/Mattel instead of another type of doll? Marketing and Producers may be shoving the Barbie image down our throats, but thank goodness America has gone against the "look" and voted for Real People, with a variety of looks, and they are still attractive.

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-30-05, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Plastic face, robotic movements, and no lip-synching: the perfect Idol contestant."

Why does she look deformed? And according to reviews on amazon.com, you can't change her position. That's the only way she can be posed.

Eh, she's nowhere near as truly outrageous as Jem was.

Bounciness provided by IceCat

dramamama 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-30-05, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dramamama Click to send private message to dramamama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Plastic face, robotic movements, and no lip-synching: the perfect Idol contestant."
OK, see, this is EXACTLY what I'm talking about: the humiliation of the singers. They actually created dolls that you want to mock and humiliate.

What's with the legs? And the arms? And the oversized head. She looks like a tadpole with long hair.

consise10 399 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-30-05, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail consise10 Click to send private message to consise10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Plastic face, robotic movements, and no lip-synching: the perfect Idol contestant."
Hello dramamama.
Conservative plastic mouldings to save on the cost of manufacturing Barbie.
what do you think?

Wheezy 9153 desperate attention whore postings

01-31-05, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wheezy Click to send private message to Wheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Plastic face, robotic movements, and no lip-synching: the perfect Idol contestant."

I hate it when my leg bends backward at the knee like that.

And that outfit is tacky.

Whee-boz

Wheeze * Wheeze's Blog

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-31-05, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Plastic face, robotic movements, and no lip-synching: the perfect Idol contestant."
And legwarmers? Aren't they soooo two decades ago?

consise10 399 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-01-05, 05:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail consise10 Click to send private message to consise10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Plastic face, robotic movements, and no lip-synching: the perfect Idol contestant."
Fashion recycles itself Tahj.Legwarmers could be the next craze revival,know what I mean?

02-01-05, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Plastic face, robotic movements, and no lip-synching: the perfect Idol contestant."
Yep. Guess you're right Concise. If Barbie's wearing them they MUST be back in, lol.

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-01-05, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ElroyJetson Click to send private message to ElroyJetson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Plastic face, robotic movements, and no lip-synching: the perfect Idol contestant."
I'd pay to see Reuben in that outfit!

Elroy

02-01-05, 03:56 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Plastic face, robotic movements, and no lip-synching: the perfect Idol contestant."
LMAO Elroy! Too funny.

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-05, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Plastic face, robotic movements, and no lip-synching: the perfect Idol contestant."
ooh that'd be cool - it could have sweat glands and a hanky too!

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-05, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Plastic face, robotic movements, and no lip-synching: the perfect Idol contestant."
Santa brought my 8 year old some leg warmers this year. Who knew they'd be back? Fingerless glvoes and parachute pants will be in the Back-to-School assortment I'm sure.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •