The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Songs you want to hear?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-27-05, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Songs you want to hear?"
So, we're listing songs we've had enough of, but what about the songs you'd love to hear a contestant sing?

Mine:
BarlowGirl'sMirror which is about body image, but the chorus is hilarious in an AI context.
Who are you to tell me
That I'm less than what I should be?
Who are you? Who are you?
I don't need to listen
To the list of things I should do
I won't try, I won't try

I'd also like to see The Calling's Things Don't Always Turn Out That Way sung to Simon & Paula. Not because I think there's really any UST there, but just because I think it would be funny. (I also really like that song, and would love for someone with a voice to sing it, even without making Paula squirm.)

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Songs you want to hear? consise10 01-27-05 1
   RE: Songs you want to hear? consise10 01-27-05 2
   RE: Songs you want to hear? Roo 01-28-05 3
       RE: Songs you want to hear? consise10 01-28-05 6
   RE: Songs you want to hear? lovwigglesworth 01-28-05 5
 RE: Songs you want to hear? bacon 01-28-05 4
 RE: Songs you want to hear? badger 01-28-05 7
 RE: Songs you want to hear? opinionated 02-02-05 8
   RE: Songs you want to hear? consise10 02-02-05 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

consise10 399 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-27-05, 05:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail consise10 Click to send private message to consise10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Songs you want to hear?"
A Robert Palmer song:

Doctor Doctor
Gimmie the news
I got a
Bad case of
Lovin you.

Some less poular songs from the band Survivor.

Satisfaction,by the Rolling Stones
knock on wood (can`t think who the artist was now?

Any songs from Prince and the Revolution

Any Lisa Marie Presley songs.

01-27-05, 05:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail consise10 Click to send private message to consise10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Songs you want to hear?"
Robert Palmer? Perhaps I am wrong on the above!Correct me some one please..

Roo 705 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-28-05, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Roo Click to send private message to Roo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Songs you want to hear?"
>Some less poular songs from the
>band Survivor.

If they do an 80's night, "I Can't Hold Back" or "High on You" would be great songs for a male singer with a high-ish voice. I just wonder if they're too obscure for the audience.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

01-28-05, 08:38 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Songs you want to hear?"
Absolutely not Roo.Those ones you mentioned by 80`s Survivor are perfect.They have great climaxes throughout,and would hype up the audience real well in my opinion.

lovwigglesworth 239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-28-05, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovwigglesworth Click to send private message to lovwigglesworth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Songs you want to hear?"
I would love to hear some Prince songs, that would really show us who has range. His version of "Nothing Compares to You" (must be his jazzy version, not the "other" one) is one of my top five favorite songs ever.
I don't think anyone should sing Whitney songs because no one will ever be as good as she is.
But I do want them to sing songs that will show us more of their range.
And whatever happened to Carpenter songs, I didn't think they would ever go out of style, but perhaps I am just getting old.

bacon 2824 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-28-05, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bacon Click to send private message to bacon Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Songs you want to hear?"
"April Come She Will"-Simon and Garfunkel

"Fake Plastic Trees"-Radiohead

"Last Goodbye"-Jeff Buckley

"How Deep is Your Love"-The Bee Gees

Single-handedly Reversed the Red Sox curse.

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-28-05, 11:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Songs you want to hear?"
anything by guns n roses

i'd just like to hear the kids struggle with axl rose's range

opinionated 151 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-02-05, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail opinionated Click to send private message to opinionated Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Songs you want to hear?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-02-05 AT 01:36 PM (EST)

I'd like to hear more old standards, because they're difficult to "fake" and sound stupid when over-sylized (I'm so tired of runs...gag).

A few possibilities:

Smoke Get in Your Eyes
Misty
I've Got a Crush on You
Accentuate the Positive (A personal favorite.)
Smile

*Edited for a spelling error

02-02-05, 07:00 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Songs you want to hear?"
Misty Blue

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •