The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-27-05, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"
Well, next week is the last week of the city auditions and about 200 contestants or so will be off to Hollywood...I am patiently waiting for Dweeze's inaugural AI summary!!

But have you come across any favorites that you think will make the top 12 or top 10 or whatever....do you think you already can tell us who the next American Idol will be?

I really didn't until the END OF the LAS VEGAS show. The last guy that auditioned in the hat I think will make the Finals and may even take the whole thing. He was tremendous and I loved that song he did. I know I know it from somewhere, who is the artist that sings it??? Can anyone help me out here, it's been bothering me since last nite!!

So, do you agree with me or am I way off base. So let's make some early predictions, who do you think will be the Next American Idol???

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Boy, I could write Seacrest's lines for these shows, couldn't I?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE? PhoenixMons 01-27-05 1
   RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE? Glow 02-03-05 18
 RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE? seahorse 01-27-05 2
 RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE? Tahj 01-27-05 3
   RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE? emydi 01-27-05 4
       RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE? seahorse 01-28-05 5
   RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE? PagongRatEater 01-28-05 6
   I didn't see her PhoenixMons 01-28-05 7
   RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE? syren 02-06-05 22
 RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE? seahorse 02-01-05 8
 RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE? Roo 02-02-05 9
   RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE? seahorse 02-02-05 13
 RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE? Devious Weasel 02-02-05 10
   RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE? seahorse 02-02-05 12
   RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE? emydi 02-03-05 15
       RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE? ginger 02-03-05 17
           RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE? okaychatt 02-08-05 24
   RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE? Blabbykathy 02-26-05 48
 RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE? PhoenixMons 02-02-05 11
   RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE? opinionated 02-02-05 14
   RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE? emydi 02-03-05 16
       Simon breaks ties Flairmarq 02-03-05 19
 RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE? callalilly3000 02-03-05 20
 RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE? LozengeofLove 02-03-05 21
 RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE? geekboy 02-07-05 23
   RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE? batts 02-09-05 25
       RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE? geekboy 02-09-05 27
 RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE? badger 02-09-05 26
   I'm getting excited again pmspml5 02-09-05 28
       RE: I'm getting excited again Roo 02-09-05 29
 My new list of faves PhoenixMons 02-09-05 30
 RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE? peiklk 02-11-05 31
   RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE? geekboy 02-11-05 32
       RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE? badger 02-11-05 33
           RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE? geekboy 02-12-05 34
 RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE? Angelfood 02-12-05 35
 RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE? lissa37 02-13-05 36
   RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE? lyrker 02-13-05 38
       RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE? lissa37 02-15-05 39
 RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE? lyrker 02-13-05 37
   RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE? batts 02-16-05 40
       RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE? emydi 02-16-05 41
           RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE? PhoenixMons 02-16-05 42
               RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE? Roo 02-16-05 43
           RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE? badger 02-16-05 44
               RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE? seahorse 02-26-05 49
 Post removed Bebo 02-17-05 46
 RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE? Blabbykathy 02-26-05 47

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-27-05, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"
My favorites are the cutie with the hat (the song is by Michael Jackson from his Invincible album - features Santana) and the guy who sang "A Change is Gonna Come" (the one whose church they went to). These two should at least make the semis, hopefully the finals. I am hoping that some of the ones we haven't seen are good, because as of yet, there haven't been too many really outstanding people.

Got blog?

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-05, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"
David! yes! That's who I was going to say. I loved him.

hey, how did I get over here?

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-05, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-28-05 AT 09:12 AM (EST)

My guess is that most of the finalists have not been seen yet. At least I hope so.

Otherwise the season could be a letdown.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-27-05, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-27-05 AT 01:10 PM (EST)

There are a lot of contestants who made it to Hollywood that we didn't hear sing. My favorite so far is Carrie Underwood, who sang "I Can't Make You Love Me," by Bonnie Raitt.

01-27-05, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"
I like her too!! She has "the look." She will make the finals I think.

Thanks PM, I knew I knew the song he sang and I agree I too like the guy they showed crying in his church.

And Seahorse, usually they show the best on the show, I can't remember if all the finalists of the past seasons were shown to compare it to this season. I agree there has been a dearth of talent this year!!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

01-28-05, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"
As far as the best, we are only hearing part of a song without music, so maybe they will sound a lot better in the semi-finals. Also, there are two cities left so more talent may yet come our way.

Additionally, the finalists are voted on by the audience so the producers might have an idea of who they will be, but they don't know yet for sure.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

01-28-05, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"
She is awesome - even though she is an Okie, I'm pulling for her.

01-28-05, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "I didn't see her"
I was taping something for dh during her performance...I caught a small bit of her singing on the end of that episode and she is quite good from what I heard.

Got blog?

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-05, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"
I liked Carrie too. She has a sweet look to her.

Tahj, you have a red flag waving.

02-01-05, 10:08 PM (EST)
8. "RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-01-05 AT 10:10 PM (EST)

The young boy, they said reminded them of Clay Aiken was very good, tonight. He looked so young.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Roo 705 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-02-05, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Roo Click to send private message to Roo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"
I'm looking forward to hearing/seeing more of the guy from last night whose father told him he wouldn't amount to much. That kid had a great voice and a certain spirit about him.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

02-02-05, 10:53 AM (EST)
13. "RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"
He was the type of guy that when you heard his voice you would never picture him as the singer.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-05, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"
I'm rooting for the mime...

02-02-05, 10:50 AM (EST)
12. "RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"
The mime did have perfect pitch and tone.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

02-03-05, 12:23 PM (EST)
15. "RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"
<Falls flat on face>

Handcrafted by RollDdice

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-05, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"
I thought the cow girl had a good voice, too.

Of course, she looked udderly ridiculous.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-08-05, 06:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"
<she looked udderly ridiculous

Maybe so, but I found her singing very moooooooving.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Blabbykathy 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-26-05, 11:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blabbykathy Click to send private message to Blabbykathy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"
You're too funny. Ya could you imagine if that mime won the whole thing?

02-02-05, 10:46 AM (EST)
11. "RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"
We this show was 50 times better than anything we've seen so far. Whew. There are some people who can sing out there

Scott (the boy with the father) was very, very good. I am loving his voice and I hope he makes it to the final rounds! I do fear that he'll suffer like Ejay Day did because of his looks. This Scott guy is excellent. I would totally buy his CD no matter what was on it.

I also really enjoyed the mismatched shoes gal. She was confident without being cocky, she's adorable, and her voice is great. She is definitely one of my favorites so far. She will sound amazing with music backing her up.

The Clay Aiken wannabe was alright. I really, really fear that he will be used by the Clay fans who felt shafted by the Ruben win and this guy will be it. He's NOWHERE near as good as Clay, but he's got that 'shy boy with glasses and messy hair who enunciates like a musical theater/chamber music singer' thing going on. He started off very shaky. I just can't help but compare him to Clay and he is no Clay.

LL Cool J was the best guest judge ever (and I'm not too much of a fan of his). He was so helpful and he was not at all rude (and I do love Simon, but hate when guests try to be like him)

Got blog?

opinionated 151 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-02-05, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail opinionated Click to send private message to opinionated Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"
I missed the guy with the hat last week, but I thought that Carrie girl and the guy whose church they went to were good.

Last night that Scott guy blew me away. Honestly, he looked like the kinda guy who would be so terrible that I would cringe and turn the channel (I can't help doing that sometimes). What a shocker! If he doesn't make it to the semi-finals I'll be very disappointed.

The Clay Aiken guy had a nice voice and seemed very sweet, but he also seemed nervous as hell. Jury's still out on him, in my book.

Who knows what they haven't been showing us. Last year we didn't see Latoya until the semi-finals, and she had the best voice of the bunch.

I'm still waiting for another Frenchie Davis.

02-03-05, 12:32 PM (EST)
16. "RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"
I agree about LL Cool J, PM. He was very nice to the women that did not make it because of their weight. I didn't think the two black women were good enough (the first singer was better than her sister) but the woman who sang the theater song at the beginning of the show was good enough and she was not taken. She was tooo nice to all of them. I guess you have to be a big man to get through. Although Frenchie was heavy, she did have that something that the woman last night did not have. But then look what happened there.

I liked the Clay wanna be. He has that tracheotomy story that will earn him points. He is not as good as Clay was but we haven't seen him further. I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

I liked Scott too, what a tremendous voice he has. Scott was right, his father is putting his son down because he must not be anything himself. I like this guy and hope American will like him too--maybe working that dad thing will help...how many of us would like to prove ourselves to our parents...he may get a lot of fan support for that too along with his voice.

There was another thing on last night's show that bothered me. The ho in the fish net stocking that extended all the way to her neck. I thought there were TWO noes. I thought Randy and Brandy both said no and Paula said yes. Then Simon says "Welcome to Hollywood" I thought they needed 3 votes when there was a guest judge. Remember NO when Gene Simmons was there, he didn't let anyone through. Am I wrong about this, or does Simon have a bigger say, like if he is one of the 2 that says yes, you get through?? It really doesn't matter because it appears from the previews for next week that the fish net ho will not go far. Wasn's she being told by others to get lost and "we don't want to babysit you"??

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Flairmarq 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-03-05, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flairmarq Click to send private message to Flairmarq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Simon breaks ties"
My guess is that he does have outright authority when there is a tie or people are "on the fence". But I assume if someone is really aweful, he says no. And visa versa.

Early fav would have to be the boy with the trakia surgery story. He could sing like Clay and he had all of us feel sympathy for him. Hard to beat a sad tale.

callalilly3000 693 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-05, 08:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail callalilly3000 Click to send private message to callalilly3000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"

I liked the guy that told the judges that his father said " he would not amount to anything". I was really surprised at how great his voice was. Looks do not mean much to me, when listening to a person with a great voice.

Also, I like to support the home team, so I hope that Ozzy Smith JR. makes it to the finals. He impressed me engough to give him my full support. (st. louis auditions)

I am a HUGE Clay Aiken fan, and the guy who reminded the judges of Clay, just didn't come close to Clay's powerful voice.

Slice and Dice Shop 2004

LozengeofLove 1060 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-03-05, 09:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LozengeofLove Click to send private message to LozengeofLove Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"
My favorite so far is (I think her name is) Brie, who sang Phantom of the Opera. I loved her personality, and she definitely had a voice to match!

Handcrafted by RollDDice

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-07-05, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"
Personally, i'm just very pleased with the QUANTITY of true talent they found this year. The last couple years there have been quite a bit of 'filler', but teh people they showed on the audition shows had true talent. It should be a good season.

geekboy

batts 1731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-09-05, 06:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"
I agree geekboy...... I (imho) think there is a lot of talent this year. .......remember last year on one of the days, they wernt letting anybody through? (I cant remember the city)
...... anyways, I like Carrie underwood, and Antoni Federov the best. Antoni is Anthony the trachiaotomy (ms) kid. I liked his voice, but can he sing power notes? Hmmmmmmm still early....

02-09-05, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"
I also like Anthony a lot. The other one that i think could be an underdog but go a long way is the guy who said his father didn't believe in him. I forget his name, but he's got an incredible voice.

geekboy

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-09-05, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"
i think the winner'll be a guy this year. so i'm gonna run with Constantine as my pick.

second choice = the guy whose dad didn't think he'd amount to anything. i think his awesome voice will get him far. i think the key to winner AI, however, is the teenybopper vote, which i'm not sure this kid can tap into

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-09-05, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "I'm getting excited again"
Unlike almost every other year - there was only 1 person put through I thought didnt deserve it. The rest of the decisions I completely agreed with. The one - the girl with the huge red looking afro. I thought she was ok - but not spectacular.

02-09-05, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Roo Click to send private message to Roo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: I'm getting excited again"
There were a few in there that I didn't think deserved going any further. The "fro" girl, the cute hispanic girl with the gap in her front teeth, the blonde crooner, and Constantine the rocker.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

02-09-05, 03:10 PM (EST)
30. "My new list of faves"
And they're almost all men

Scott something - wow...he is just amazing.

Ross Williams (strawberry-haired crooner)- I missed most of his audition episode, and didn't catch it until last night when dh was watching all of the AI episodes I'd taped for him while he was out of town. MAN! He is awesome! His voice is gorgeous - it was very obvious from his Hollywood performance that he's not just a crooner. He was definitely the best crooner AI has ever had, by FAR.

David Brown - still love him to pieces

Mario Vazquez - he is SUCH a cutie pie with a great voice! He reminds me of a cross between Fez (That 70s show) and Joey Lawrence. He did a great job last night.

Travis The dancer guy

Shawn Mchail - I think he was shown second last night...he did Isn't She Lovely in the first round. He sounded MUCH better last night

Jennifer Todd - I love her!

Carie Underwood - I missed her previous audition. She can blow!

Vonzell - she's quite talented

The gal who appeared to be in major shock when she got through - a black gal - an alto with a very smoky voice. I don't think we've seen her before but she was good! I think she's one of dh's favorites

There are a few others, but I didn't tape it so I don't recall. I know some of my other faves are in tonight's group.

There were a few people who I think didn't deserve to make it (off the top of my head, Sarah Mather - she was MUCH better in her original audition)...there were also some who left that I figured the judges would put through even though they weren't that good (Jeffery Johnson was the first one). I hadn't seen Constantin before - dh and I both liked him well enough (interesting and distinguishable voice - but we both liked the second of the 3 rockers best...we liked all three of them, but the second had the best voice). I'm hoping they'll show Ozzie Smith in tonight's group as I missed his initial audition. He just looks like he would be an awesome singer.

Got blog?

peiklk 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-11-05, 00:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail peiklk Click to send private message to peiklk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"
Constantine and Miracle Boy are my two early favorites. None of the women stand out at this point.

02-11-05, 08:54 PM (EST)
32. "RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"
i don't see Constantine making it all that far. Perhaps the top 12, but not too far into the competition.

The one guy i am thoroughly impressed with so far is Steven Savol (i think that's his name). He's the guy from Ohio who's dad didn't believe in him, etc. He seems quite versatile with different genres, and completely confident in his abilities and what he needs to do.

geekboy

02-11-05, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"
i think scott savol and constantine vedder will both falter in this competition if they're forced to do cheery-pop-fruity-disco-rah-rah-crap musak.

constantine just isn't right for this competition. but smart move on his part for getting "discovered," i guess

02-12-05, 08:50 AM (EST)
34. "RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"
Yes, Constantine will falter, but i'm not convinced Scott will. Scott was perfectly comfortable singing teh motown song, and it was obvious Constantine wasn't, and although he has a good voice, i don't think it matched well w/ the pop feel of Motown. I just don't see a "rocker" making it far in this competition. Scott is much more versatile.

geekboy

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-12-05, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"
Travis, but haven't heard him much lately, and David Brown.

For the girls, Rashida. I have to see more of the others.

lissa37 8 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-05, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lissa37 Click to send private message to lissa37 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-13-05 AT 01:46 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-13-05 AT 09:10 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-13-05 AT 09:05 AM (EST)

My Favorites:

*Anwar, the music teacher with the long hair
*Carrie, the girl who sang country
*Anthony, the kid who had the surgery and wasn't likely to be able to speak again
*Briana, the girl with blue hair who sang "The Phantom of the Opera"
*Scott, the guy who told the judges during his first audition that his dad never believed he would amount to anything and then he opened his mouth and had an amazing voice.

Unfortunatley, one of my favorites has already been sent home. I was so sad when Briana was sent home during the Hollywood auditions. I loved her!

lyrker 203 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-13-05, 11:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lyrker Click to send private message to lyrker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"
*Briana, the girl with blue hair who sang "The Phantom of the Opera"

I liked her in the auditions too - her style and her voice. But it was pretty evident in the next stage that her voice just wasn't pop. She's a goth-singer-to-be; either that or opera. She's not meant for the Britney Spears world. She'll do something we might see on PBS or A&E when she's older, I'd guess. Some agent should snatch her up though, that's for sure. Natural talent that solid needs to be tapped.

"Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be."
- Jeremy Schwartz

lissa37 8 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-05, 10:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lissa37 Click to send private message to lissa37 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"
Yes, the next stage of the competition was not her best performance. It was a bad song for her. It may have been a bad genre for her, like you said. Who knows. But I definitely agree that she has amazing talent, if applied to the right type of music. I see her doing theater...

Whatever happens to her, I hope we see her again sometime in the future because I thought she was amazing.

lyrker 203 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-13-05, 11:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lyrker Click to send private message to lyrker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"
The blond-haired cuter version of Clay is a fave of mine. So far he's the only one that's in the cut that's really caught my interest.

"Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be."
- Jeremy Schwartz

batts 1731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-16-05, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"
The one guy that has really shone in ALL his performances, and will capture millions of viewers this year is
#1 Mario Vazquez looks kinda italion great voice!
#2 Anwar Robinson tall slim black guy, powerful singer!
#3 Antoni Federov the 'lost my breath' kid
#4 Janay Castine absolutely beautiful lady, great singing!
#5 Faith Gatewood tall black girl black bandana, powerful singing ability

I like Mathew Kester, and especially that girl that just got eliminated..... Asia Jackson (the one with the toy voice) she has a little attitude with her personality and
........... I LOVED IT!......... I wish she coulda made it to the top 12, at least to let 'America decide'........

02-16-05, 01:18 PM (EST)
41. "RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"
I'm not real good with the names yet.

Who I think may make to the 12 finalists:

Men:

Scott (my dad don't believe in me)
Milli Vanilli (music teacher)
Church Crier (way back in auditions, they showed him telling his church he made it to Hollywood)
Mario Vasquez (the guy in the hat that Simon said may be best he's heard in 4 competitions)
Constantine (he has sumpin)
Tracheotomy Clay

Women:

Carrie (country bumpkin that talked "smack" with Constantine last nite)
The woman with the pink and green shoes (in her audition)
The "confident" 16 year old (they like her)
The woman with the orangish afro (they like her)
I'm not sure yet on the last two women

--maybe the black woman with the short hair they showed her a lot last nite crying--she may not make 12 but she probably makes 24 semis

Handcrafted by RollDdice

02-16-05, 02:16 PM (EST)
42. "RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"
My predictions based upon what we've seen thus far:

Men:

Constantin (rocker)
David (church boy)
Ozzie (baseball player's son - he has only been shown in the city audition, but I keep hearing how fantastic he is and he totally looks the part to me)
Mario (NY hottie)
Anwar (dreads)
The heavy crooner guy - I don't like him (loved crooning Ross ) but I think he's being shoved down our throats
The white guy we saw (I think he was sitting on the floor in one of the 'holding rooms') for the first time last night with some kinda spikey brownish hair and odd fashion sense. They said his name but I don't remember it
Travis - the triple threat - hottie who has the pipes and the moves
Anthony - trachea boy (I hope he doesn't as I see him getting WAY too many sympathy votes and way too many Clay-fan votes)
Scott Savol - mean father guy
the other two will be people we haven't seen yet

Gals:
Vonzell - the mis-matched shoes gal (I lvoe her)
Jaclyn - the one with the sick mom - she has a very versatile voice even though she's definitely not the best there. I think Simon likes her (he always seems to like the really young ones - I guess the younger ones are easier to 'mold' how they want them)
Carrie - would be totally shocked if she didn't move on
Janay - I liked her when she did Mr. Postman (first one to sing in the group with the dad who was playing choreographer), but she impressed me even more last night.
Mikalah - the 'confident' one. I actually don't mind her voice (she has potential) but her attitude is really annoying. I think Simon likes the 'confidence' thing
no clue on the other gals - he haven't seen enough of them for me to really guess.

The one person I really wish was still around is Rashida. She was awesome (she's the one who was talking about losing her voice, both of the last two episodes). Her voice is awesome. I was sad to see crooner Ross go. He reminded me of Jon B (vocally). But he wasn't that good last night (and he knew it). Jennifer Todd was also not that good last night.

Got blog?

02-16-05, 04:35 PM (EST)
43. "RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"
I thought Rashida was great. There was something different about her, and she had such a spirit on stage. I was really looking forward to hearing more from her .

Handcrafted by RollDdice

02-16-05, 05:50 PM (EST)
44. "RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"
emy,

i think you're right about the guys. and i'm convinced we'll see a male idol this year.

02-26-05, 11:47 PM (EST)
49. "RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"
I'd say the men have to be the early favorites this year for sure.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-05, 06:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "Post removed"
Do not adjust your TV set.

The numbering will be off in this thread because a post that violated the guidelines was removed.

While we do not pretend to be the only AI site on the Internet, this site has strict advertising guidelines. We welcome posters from other site who are willing to get involved in the discussions here. But if you're just trolling, your posts will be removed and your account deactivated.

Blabbykathy 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-26-05, 11:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blabbykathy Click to send private message to Blabbykathy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: EARLY FAVORITES, ANYONE?"
My early favorites are Anthony Federov to win or if a female were to win I would choose Carrie Underwood. Those two stood out from the rest from the first show. My second choices male and female would be- Amwar Robinson and Jessica Sierra

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •