The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR8 Contestants"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

AMAZING gRACE 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-11-05, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAZING%20gRACE Click to send private message to AMAZING%20gRACE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR8 Contestants"
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-05 AT 04:18 PM (EST)

I've only posted a few messages here and if this thread deserves to be locked please do so.

I am from Connecticut and there is a minor league hockey team in Bridgeport. I have season tickets with my family to the games and the team offers special event to families who have season tickets. At one of the events I got to talking with one of the defenseman on the team. He told me that he applied for the familiy edition of the Amazing Race along with his 3 brothers (one also plays hockey). I told him to keep me posted and last week at a season ending event he told me that him and his brothers have been accepted and will be running TAR8. He couldn't tell me when they start taping only that it will be "during the summer."

They are a very athletic family and would be tough to beat on physical roadblocks and detors. Lets just hope they can read a map and their clues.

Does anybody else know of anybody who got accepted or has applied to be on TAR8?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TAR8 Contestants beau_30 05-11-05 1
 RE: TAR8 Contestants Tsina 05-12-05 2
   No worries realitybites 05-12-05 4
 RE: TAR8 Contestants Tsina 05-12-05 3
 RE: TAR8 Contestants aquariaqueen 05-12-05 5
   RE: TAR8 Contestants FLORIDAGAL 05-12-05 6
       RE: TAR8 Contestants AMAZING gRACE 05-12-05 7
 RE: TAR8 Contestants msbuni30 05-13-05 8
 TAR8 Contestants - kids affecting d... 1derfool 05-13-05 9
   RE: TAR8 Contestants - kids affecti... heatherms2k 05-13-05 10
       Ages beau_30 05-13-05 11
           RE: Ages pmspml5 05-15-05 12
               RE: Ages boxersrfun 05-16-05 13
                   Back On the Contestant Thing: FlamingCactusIT 05-16-05 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

beau_30 952 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-11-05, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beau_30 Click to send private message to beau_30 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TAR8 Contestants"
From what I heard, people aren't allowed to tell other people that they go on the race. But im not sure.

Tsina 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-12-05, 04:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tsina Click to send private message to Tsina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TAR8 Contestants"
I remember reading somewhere that Serena Williams and her sister Venus are joining a reality show. Could it be possible that they would be one of the families of TAR8? I hope not..cause I'm not a big fan of them.

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-12-05, 06:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "No worries"
The Williams sisters will have their own show on ABC Family starting this summer, so no race for them. More details here.

Tsina 29 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-05, 04:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tsina Click to send private message to Tsina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TAR8 Contestants"
Another question.

how much do you think would the prize money be for TAR8?

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-12-05, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: TAR8 Contestants"
Summer is logical for families with children still in school.

FLORIDAGAL 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-12-05, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FLORIDAGAL Click to send private message to FLORIDAGAL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: TAR8 Contestants"
I read somewhere that filming is in late June early July

AMAZING gRACE 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-12-05, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAZING%20gRACE Click to send private message to AMAZING%20gRACE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: TAR8 Contestants"
I am traveling to Africa in late June and early July... maybe I will have an oppertunity to shoot a photo like RacyGirl... I'll have to keep a lookout for that red and yellow flag.

msbuni30 35 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-05, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail msbuni30 Click to send private message to msbuni30 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: TAR8 Contestants"
You should really think about not using his name since I have been reading over the rules and you are not allowed to tell people that you have been accepted to run the race or even that you are being interviewed except for certain people in your family or maybe your job. (those who are told have to sign confidentiality agreements) They go into great detail about it in the application....if someone at TAR sees this they could decide not to let them run since it seems that they bring in more teams than needed to run the race and then use the ones that they want.

As much as I love "spoilers" I would hate to think that your buddy and his brother's won't be on the show now due to this post. Since it seems that they might be a great physical team!

I was thinking of applying for TAR9 but, I just started a new job and can't imagine it will be waiting for me while I am off traveling for 2 months in Nov/Dec of this year. Maybe TAR 10....

1derfool 185 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-13-05, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 1derfool Click to send private message to 1derfool Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "TAR8 Contestants - kids affecting destinations?"
I realize the children are teenagers and can be exposed to some realities of how the other half of the world lives, but would their youth affect the destinations to any extent? Would the producers think twice about taking the Race to some of the more destitute locations that we've seen where they drive through possibly dangerous or slum-like areas? If they do take all that into consideration, we have a much shorter list of possible places for sightings. If they stay out of the "worst" of the 3rd world countries, there's a better chance of them being spotted since there would be more tourists with cameras.
There's even a possibility they would consider educational locations for the benefit of the kids. We've had rumours of scouts checking around in Ottawa and Montreal Canada, which would be 'safe' places to take kids.

Any views on kids vs. locations?
And while we're at it, would the kids affect the loss of money in NELs? It might be traumatic for a kid to have to beg, but then again, they know it's part of the race, so deal with it if you want to be in it?

heatherms2k 353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-13-05, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail heatherms2k Click to send private message to heatherms2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: TAR8 Contestants - kids affecting destinations?"
I am really excited to see how TAR8 is going to work. Does anoyone know if there is an age limit to how young the children can be? Young children with their parents running a race against 4 adults would make a pretty unusal race wouldn't you think. I agree that the desitnations will be limited. If my son was older I think it would be a blast to run the race, what great opportunity for those children to see and learn a lot.

beau_30 952 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-13-05, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beau_30 Click to send private message to beau_30 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Ages"
The ages are to be 8 and up... But at least one person must be 21 to be with them.

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-15-05, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Ages"
That changed because when it was first released it was 16 and up. I do not want to watch a bunch of young kids running around.

boxersrfun 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-16-05, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail boxersrfun Click to send private message to boxersrfun Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Ages"
Yes the age did change because when I first downloaded the application everyone had to be over 12 and if anyone was under 18 one of their parents had to be an applicant also. Then I recheck the web because some of the requirements didn't make sense and they had updated the application process and lowered the age to 8.

FlamingCactusIT 452 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-16-05, 09:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FlamingCactusIT Click to send private message to FlamingCactusIT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Back On the Contestant Thing:"
Back in March, there were open casting calls in Pittsburgh. It was at some restaurant, so on that day, I went there to eat and "observe" some applicants. There seemed two families that really impressed the CBS peeps. One was a family of goths, a Dad, a Mom, (probably)an Uncle, and a son (About 13-15 yrs. old). The other was what looked like the "perfects". A Dad, In his early 40s, a Mom in her mid-30s, a son about 12 or 14, and a daughter about 8 or 9. They were each wearing polo shirts of a different color. The son seemed like the typical athletic jock, the daughter a "daddy's princess"/ballerina", the mom was clearly a "ditzy trophy wife", and the father seemed like he was pretty high up in the business food chain.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •