The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Why The Colbster Hates Jerri - Spoilers & Analysis"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-04-01, 07:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Why The Colbster Hates Jerri - Spoilers & Analysis"
Okay, I admit this one has no REAL spoiler value, but it's just fun to think about

We know these things:
1) Colby was VERY vitriolic towards Jerri in the last episode or two. Editing? Maybe. Showing off for Tina and Keith? Maybe. Genuine? I'm sorry, but Jerri is not THAT bad (don't hit that reply button yet! )
2) Jeff Probst filed for divorce recently. (AH, bet you know where I'm heading now!)
3) Rumors and spoiler info that JP and Jerri had or have a fling going on.
4) In Ep. 8, JP and Jerri were carrying on before and after the boomerang throw (and was Jerri's boomerang REALLY closer than Amber's???) JP's eyes were devouring Jerri at that time. In Ep. 9, as Jerri walked up to vote, JP was again devouring Blue Bikini Girl with his eyes. I'm willing to bet that the producers put that in to needle JP a little bit, also.

My thinking is that the Colbster saw Jerri carrying on with JP. No, I don't think Colby was jealous or cared a whit about it in THAT sense, but seeing one of the contestants getting "friendly" with the host would make Colby angry as a contestant.

Just a thought.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Save the drama for yo mama, and WATCH!!!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Why The Colbster Hates Jerri - ... Loree 04-04-01 1
   RE: Why The Colbster Hates Jerri - ... desert_rhino 04-04-01 2
 RE: Why The Colbster Hates Jerri - ... Rudyrox 04-04-01 3
   RE: Why The Colbster Hates Jerri - ... SurvivinDawg 04-04-01 4
       RE: Why The Colbster Hates Jerri - ... Loree 04-05-01 6
           RE: Why The Colbster Hates Jerri - ... dangerkitty 04-05-01 8
       RE: Why The Colbster Hates Jerri - ... Rudyrox 04-05-01 7
 RE: Why The Colbster Hates Jerri - ... idiotcowboy 04-04-01 5
   RE: Why The Colbster Hates Jerri - ... MadforMadDog 04-05-01 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-01, 07:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Why The Colbster Hates Jerri - Spoilers & Analysis"
I think Colby started off flirting with Jerri and enjoying himself. Then he realized she wasn't what he wanted but she was still there everytime he turned around. And she kept throwing herself at him and making it more painful by the day. It was like a really bad date that just never ended. Oh the agony...

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-01, 08:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Why The Colbster Hates Jerri - Spoilers & Analysis"
Been there, done that. That is a GREAT testimonial to the wisdom of avoiding workplace romance. EW.

-- JV

Rudyrox 152 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-04-01, 09:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rudyrox Click to send private message to Rudyrox Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Why The Colbster Hates Jerri - Spoilers & Analysis"
I think his main reason for rejecting Jerry was for his own self-preservation. The majority hated her... he would have been stupid (a la Amber) to single himself out like that.

I don't think Jerry and JP had anything going on. That would be a good way for him to lose his job and for Jerry to be disqualified. Didn't happen.. just because he is getting a divorce doesn't mean he had an "affair" with anyone. Perhaps being gone months at a time was too much for his wife to handle? There are other legit reasons people split up.

Mary

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-01, 10:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Why The Colbster Hates Jerri - Spoilers & Analysis"
>I think his main reason for
>rejecting Jerry was for his
>own self-preservation. The majority hated
>her... he would have been
>stupid (a la Amber) to
>single himself out like that.

This does not explain the absolute vitriol coming out of Colby's mouth about Jerri.

>I don't think Jerry and JP
>had anything going on. That
>would be a good way
>for him to lose his
>job and for Jerry to
>be disqualified.

>There are other legit reasons
>people split up.

There is also the rumor/spoiler that Jerri didn't go through the auditions like everyone else. MB (or possibly JP bringing her to MB's attention) reportedly asked Jerri to try out for the show.

Also, I suspect that more went on AFTER Jerri was waxed, but it was clear to me that JP was a-swoon over Jerri in the last couple of episodes.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Save the drama for yo mama, and WATCH!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-01, 00:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Why The Colbster Hates Jerri - Spoilers & Analysis"
Jerri has said she applied for the first Survivor series. So maybe they still had her application on file and called her?

I don't know if Jerri and Colby have really kept up their relationship at all. It sounds like they just saw each other once since the show. And that was at the Eco-challenge debut that alot of the Survivors attended. It wasn't like Colby and Jerri went together.

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-05-01, 00:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Why The Colbster Hates Jerri - Spoilers & Analysis"
I agree, there has been alot of mention that Jerri and Colby are still friends, but on the Early Show, Jerri said she just saw him a couple of weeks ago for the first time since the Outback, at the Eco Challenge premiere. So they have hardly stayed in touch or remained friends.

She certainly isn't going to say anything bad about him, because she is trying to save face after finding out how he made a fool of her on TV.

Rudyrox 152 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-05-01, 00:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rudyrox Click to send private message to Rudyrox Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Why The Colbster Hates Jerri - Spoilers & Analysis"
He was totally into Jerry at first.. We didn't see his attitude change toward her until AFTER Keith started telling him he was too good for her and yada yada yada. Colby went from saying, "Yeah, there is an attraction there" to voting against Jerry's kids to oust Michell. I think how others felt about Jerry influenced the way he felt about her. That's just my opinion.

I didn't see any swooning going on by Jeff over Jerry.. but then again.. I wasn't looking. Maybe I'll rewatch the last episode.

Mary

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-04-01, 10:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Why The Colbster Hates Jerri - Spoilers & Analysis"
There may well have been something else going on here... just look at the obstacle course... he was throwing her around like a rag doll. He does that anywhere else and it's assault charges!!! In this context America cheers! From Colby's perspective he probably felt she was like his little sister that kept pestering him on the family vacation... he could deal with it for a while and be nice in front of mom and dad... but when he's by himself and letting his emotions run free... venom is all he sees...

After all we know they have interacted outside of the game since the show finished (from Jerri), and Jerri and he are on better terms than Jerri and a whole lot of others... so probably just temporary game hatred... but I wouldn't recommend they go to disneyland together any time soon!

MadforMadDog 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-05-01, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MadforMadDog Click to send private message to MadforMadDog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Why The Colbster Hates Jerri - Spoilers & Analysis"
I agree IC. Remember what his comment was with his vote:

Jerri, Jerri, Jerri.... You're buggin the hell out of everyone....

He was fed up with her. I remember being cornered by a women I didn't like who was interested in me. It seemed like hell at the time. Just imagine 27 days of it.

"Take out your false teeth momma. I wanna suck on your gums..."
J. Geils Band

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •