The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Random thoughts from Ep. 3"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

cipher5150 166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-12-05, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cipher5150 Click to send private message to cipher5150 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Random thoughts from Ep. 3"
- Wow! What a sweet prize for the Bransen family! Even assuming BP caps the prize at $50 dollars of gas per week that is easily over $100,000 per person (at least for the daughters). Other than the million dollars, easily the Best Prize Ever!

- Apparently most of the other teams dislike the Weavers as much as these boards do.

- I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall at the Schroeder house last night to see what happened after sweet little Hunter called his Stepmom a beyotch on national TV. Thanksgiving at their house must be a treat!

- The site of Phil pulling 3.2g’s is hilarious.

- The Aiello’s were (kinda) robbed. Sure, it was a boneheaded decision to try and drive through the mud bog 17(?) times, but in the end that's not why they lost. It seems so …unfair?... to bunch the teams together if there is no real opportunity for them to pass one another. This leg would have been unfair to whichever team came in last as it all came down to who grabbed the ticket first. Yes, there have been many similar bunching episodes but it seemed like they all had numerous opportunities (bad cabbies, getting lost, traffic, etc) for teams to move ahead, whether by sheer luck, skill, or even the stupidity of the other teams. This ep. forced them to depart the roadblock in timed intervals and the only way they could lose was if they got lost – and it seemed like their were plenty of people around to ask directions. Oh well, enough ranting, no cry babies…

Your thoughts…?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Random thoughts from Ep. 3 Max Headroom 10-12-05 1
   RE: Random thoughts from Ep. 3 cipher5150 10-12-05 2
       RE: Random thoughts from Ep. 3 nailbone 10-12-05 3
           RE: Random thoughts from Ep. 3 Spidey 10-12-05 4
               RE: Random thoughts from Ep. 3 nailbone 10-12-05 11
           RE: Random thoughts from Ep. 3 mysticwolf 10-12-05 5
       RE: Random thoughts from Ep. 3 byoffer 10-12-05 7
           RE: Random thoughts from Ep. 3 bystander 10-12-05 9
           RE: Random thoughts from Ep. 3 Cygnus X1 10-12-05 14
       RE: Random thoughts from Ep. 3 DeltaPin 10-18-05 18
 RE: Random thoughts from Ep. 3 bystander 10-12-05 6
   RE: Random thoughts from Ep. 3 byoffer 10-12-05 8
       RE: Random thoughts from Ep. 3 bystander 10-12-05 10
 RE: Random thoughts from Ep. 3 Breezy 10-12-05 12
   RE: Random thoughts from Ep. 3 Lisa0116 10-12-05 13
 RE: Random thoughts from Ep. 3 Just_Us_Moms 10-13-05 15
   RE: Random thoughts from Ep. 3 CouchTater 10-13-05 16
   RE: Random thoughts from Ep. 3 Earl Colby Pottinger 10-14-05 17
   RE: Random thoughts from Ep. 3 DeltaPin 10-18-05 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-12-05, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Random thoughts from Ep. 3"
I think the people at BP were counting on a team like the Gaghans winning, as only team members of driving age were eligible to win. Lindsay Bransen (the youngest) is 20, so BP gets to pay up for 4 drivers. Woo hoo!

cipher5150 166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-12-05, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cipher5150 Click to send private message to cipher5150 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Random thoughts from Ep. 3"
I think you are probably right... but since BP has made over $12 billion in profit so far this year they'll get no sympathy from me.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-05, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Random thoughts from Ep. 3"
But what if they live in an area (like I do) where there are no BP or Arco stations?

Halloween Headache provided by RollDdice

Holey carp! My blog!
Official OT Tassle Adjuster o-

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-05, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Random thoughts from Ep. 3"
Hell, that prize would be enough to make me move.

But, of course, if I lived in Texas, I wouldn't need a prize to convince me to move!

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-05, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Random thoughts from Ep. 3"

Halloween Headache provided by RollDdice

Holey carp! My blog!
Official OT Tassle Adjuster o-

*whack*

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-05, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Random thoughts from Ep. 3"
LAST EDITED ON 10-12-05 AT 03:31 PM (EST)

Maybe, knowing that this would be one of the prizes, this explains why they chose all of their contestants from the eastern part of the U.S.

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-05, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Random thoughts from Ep. 3"
Ah quit your grumbling. We worked hard for that $12B profit. How easy do you think it is for us to constantly manipulate gasoline prices to our advantage and keep the government watchdogs at bay?

bystander 4968 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-12-05, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Random thoughts from Ep. 3"
Hey Bro! Lovin the John Browne! Keep up the good work!

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-05, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Random thoughts from Ep. 3"
Hey, can you do that for bottled water too?

Oh, wait. Nevermind.

DeltaPin 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-18-05, 00:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DeltaPin Click to send private message to DeltaPin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Random thoughts from Ep. 3"
4 people getting free gas won't break the company. Just comes out of the advertising budget. Lifetime cost of the prize is still probably less than one Super Bowl commercial.

10-12-05, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Random thoughts from Ep. 3"
With free gas for life I'd trade in the Minivan for the BIG SUV and be able to haul the kids + kids friends around in style.

Let the polar ice cap meltdown begin!

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-05, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Random thoughts from Ep. 3"
You. have a minivan too? Frightening how similar we are, By-Bro.

10-12-05, 03:45 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Random thoughts from Ep. 3"
DW has a Minivan (Sienna). I've got a Camry.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-05, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Random thoughts from Ep. 3"
I too really want to know how the stepmom reacted to stepson calling her a b!tch.

I've been Gothed.

Lisa0116 688 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-12-05, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisa0116 Click to send private message to Lisa0116 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Random thoughts from Ep. 3"
Jeez, wish we had got there first-it's not easy for four college kids to pay for all the gas and our parents are already going broke either from sending us to school or from having us move back in after we graduate.

Just_Us_Moms 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-13-05, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Just_Us_Moms Click to send private message to Just_Us_Moms Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Random thoughts from Ep. 3"
I think this was the lamest episode yet... I almost fell asleep watching.

Having a roadblock that the teams can only complete one at a time, after bunching point (the bus ride) was just stupid. It made it practically random who got eliminated. I didn't really like the Aiellos, but it seemed kind of unfair to them.

Check out our AMAZING RACE blog:
Just Us MOMS!
http://moms.vocis.com

CouchTater 1046 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-13-05, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CouchTater Click to send private message to CouchTater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Random thoughts from Ep. 3"
I agree with you totally. It was so fixed that if you were last off the second bus, there would have to be some MAJOR stupidity or an accident not to lose this leg.

Like you said, having two bunch points gave no room for too much error. Also, all of the tasks were in that same area. First the G-force place, then walk on over to the museum, then walk over to the pit stop. Blah! Boring!

They should have had them try to walk around all of those rockets to find the pit stop, which could have been hidden somewhere. That at least would have given the later teams a chance at something going wrong with the teams that arrived earlier. I was also expecting that since it was basically a fix, that this would have been a non-elimination. I was shocked that it wasn't.

I'm so totally bored with this season so far. I hope it picks up.

Earl Colby Pottinger 2597 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-14-05, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Random thoughts from Ep. 3"
As I said in another thread:

"While loving this show including TAR8, this ending was very poor.

A non-elimination was the logical ending. And if the show producers felt that another team was needed to be remove then re-ordering the tasks would have been better.

Having the Shoe task (boy was that simple, and the 3.2 G tasks first with the Mud-run or the Shrimp Beheading tasks being the tasks just before the Pitstop would have been better. In-fact forget detours.

Doing 50 lbs of shrimp, followed by the mud run, then the pitstop would have been more fun. The team that gave up on the mud, would had have to do it, and the winner/eliminated would basicly be who figures out the mud run best/worse.

Earl Colby Pottinger"

The same team might have still lost, but they would lose because of the number of times needed to do thier run, not because of random chance.

DeltaPin 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-18-05, 00:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DeltaPin Click to send private message to DeltaPin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Random thoughts from Ep. 3"

> I didn't really like
>the Aiellos, but it seemed
>kind of unfair to them.

Serves them right for chanting "Yankees Suck".

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •