The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jerri Interview Spoiler?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

LIZZLOVER 235 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-03-01, 09:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LIZZLOVER Click to send private message to LIZZLOVER Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jerri Interview Spoiler?"
Don't know what to think of this, but thought I'd throw it out there anyway. It's an article about Jerri "slipping up" but I don't know what interview this happened in, if at all.

"Now it looks as though Jerri has made a slip of the tongue as well. Jerri said that in the final tribal council she would have a lot to say to Tina. Note though that she's not saying she WILL say something because that has already happened. She's already said it. But she can only say something about Tina if Tina is in the final 2. That's enough for me. Tina is in but will the final episode of Survivor 2 feature another rat and snake speech from Jerri? "

Here's the link to the article

http://www.3bigshows.com/survivorii-hath.shtml

Lizz Just Is

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 BillPosters AyatollahKhomeini 04-03-01 1
   RE: BillPosters Loree 04-03-01 2
 RE: Jerri Interview Spoiler? ItzLisa 04-04-01 3
   RE: Jerri Interview Spoiler? samiam 04-04-01 4
 RE: Jerri Interview Spoiler? 40thandUp 04-04-01 5
   RE: Jerri Interview Spoiler? Loree 04-04-01 6
       bump Loree 04-04-01 8
   RE: Jerri Interview Spoiler? Outfrontgirl 04-04-01 7
       RE: Jerri Interview Spoiler? Outfrontgirl 04-04-01 9
           RE: Jerri Interview Spoiler? LIZZLOVER 04-04-01 10
               RE: Jerri Interview Spoiler? Outfrontgirl 04-04-01 11
       RE: Jerri Interview Spoiler? DivaByTheSea 04-04-01 12
 Pouring gasoline on the fire.... SurvivinDawg 04-04-01 13
   RE: Pouring gasoline on the fire...... idiotcowboy 04-04-01 14
       RE: Pouring gasoline on the fire...... shakes the clown 04-05-01 15
   RE: Pouring gasoline on the fire...... Outfrontgirl 04-05-01 16
       RE: Pouring gasoline on the fire...... wendyp 04-05-01 17
           RE: Pouring gasoline on the fire...... Outfrontgirl 04-05-01 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-03-01, 09:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "BillPosters"
The article referenced in this link was written by BillPosters, who was a valuable member of ss.com in tracing down pre-show info. But ... has anyone seen this actual quote in Jerri's interviews?

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-03-01, 09:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: BillPosters"
I remember seeing Jerri on TV (probably The Early Show) talking about how she got angry when Tina said Jerri's idea wasn't fair (RC). And then Jerri went on about how Tina never played fair (breaking from their alliance and stabbing MadDog). And Jerri was laughing about now being on the jury and being able to have a say in who won. I thought then if Tina was in the final she would never get Jerri's vote. But Jerri wasn't actually saying Tina was in the final, only that she wouldn't vote for her if she was. At least that was how I took the remark.

I would love to see the exact quote BillPosters is using for facts.

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-04-01, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Jerri Interview Spoiler?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-01 AT 11:33 AM (EST)

Ever since Shakes posted the People Magazine article with that possible slip up from Tina's husband, I can't help but be convniced Tina's in the final two. This article makes me even more convinced. I'd love to see the actual quote too, but it wouldn't surprise me a bit - Jerri would love to give another Susan Hawk speech to Tina (although I don't understand WHY she's singling out Tina - everyone voted for Jerri but Amber! They all orchestrated it, Tina was just one in six, Jerri baby!!). Look at it purely from the point of view of Jerri's huge, enormous ego (which is almost as big as her mouth!). She won't be the center of attention anymore till the final episode. For someone like her, that's too long out of the spotlight - she'll be desperate to make up for it when the jury makes their final comments. Now, it could be any of them in the final two she could make that speech to - Colby, Keith - hell, Elisabeth did a lot of campaign work to the Ogas for that matter. But Jerri singles out TINA in this interview? That says to me Tina's in the final two and Jerri dropped her little hint as a further attention getting ploy - her big speech will be the next one.

What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about???

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-01, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Jerri Interview Spoiler?"
I remember her making the comment on the Early Show that she didn't mind being kicked off, because that meant she was on the jury, "And the jury is a VERY POWERFUL place to be." Just the way she said it made me think that she enjoyed that exercise of power in a very specific way...like a Sue/Kelly type speech (look for it to begin, "Out, out damned spot!")

40thandUp 43 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-04-01, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 40thandUp Click to send private message to 40thandUp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Jerri Interview Spoiler?"
Was there any goood info from her Letterman appearance? I didn't see it and the link for the Letterman one the CBS site crashes on my system Wasn't she also to meet with Bryant this morning or is it tomorrow? If today anything worthwhile?

04-04-01, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Jerri Interview Spoiler?"
Jerri is back on The Early Show tomorrow morning to chat with Bryant. Maybe he will get some information out of her. They will show another preview then too.

04-04-01, 03:17 PM (EST)
8. "bump"
One more bump to move THAT post to the next page.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-01, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Jerri Interview Spoiler?"
I didn't hear anything very interesting on Letterman; Early Show and Rosie were a bit better. Because Dave appears to know nothing and care less about the show, he tends not to ask apoiler-helpful questions. Instead he asks things like why the Survivors don't just hike over to the crew compound if they're hungry.

Jerri keeps saying she got kicked out for being too honest (same on Rosie). I guess that's her story and she's sticking to it. She did tell Dave that there was a lot of backstabbing and he asked then if being a backstabber was the way to win, at which she laughed and agreed. Nothing so specific or helpful as looking angry, as if a backstabber (Tina, Tina) actually did win--but then, supposedly Jerri doesn't know which of the F2 won.

On Rosie, the jury question again made Jerri rub her hands together and cackle. The question is whether she truly got to influence the outcome or if that's simply the only position she can take at present in order to counterbalance the fact she lost. Alicia also took refuge in jury status, a natural move.

That said, I can definitely see Jerri revelling in getting to make a speech. Given that she was still apparently clueless about how much she was hated, she may not have realized that her "power" lay in making people do the opposite.

I think she would love to get back at Tina (judged her as backstabber from time of breaking with her alliance and voting out Mitchell, per Early Show) or Keith, whom she plain disliked and blamed for her ouster.

One can tell from the interviews that Jerri did have a crush on Colby and was still clueless about all the derogatory comments he made about her until she saw the show. She seems to have been in denial that Colby played a major part in her ousting. In fact, Jeff P didn't read the 8th vote, so someone clinging to denial could believe the unread vote was Colby's for Lis. Jerri told Rosie she recently met Colby at a premiere for first time since show ended. Jerri has said nothing on these 3 shows about hanging out with Colby on the ranch, even though she seemed to be grabbing at every reason to say that, outside of the game, Colby liked her, he really liked her. I'm thinking either Colby practiced estrogen avoidance at the ranch or he got there late--probably the former.

At time of jury voting, she probably wasn't on a vendetta against Colby, but I doubt he's in Final 2, so that was probably a moot point. As for Elisabeth or Rodger, I don't see that Jerri has negative feelings towards any Kucha. They did nothing but compete and earn her respect. Also, Amber never betrayed her.

In sum, Jerri's issues are against Keith and Tina only. Jerri's jury position would not make her feel extremely powerful if she could only offer support of Amber. Power lies in working against an enemy. Best of all worlds to Jerri: Amber against Keith or Tina.

Looking back at the spoiler about gifts for Jerri's Mom:
I would bet now that Mom is to open them while watching Jerri's jury performance. I always considered that to be as much a possibility as that Jerri was in Final Two.

Literary ref:
"Out damned spot" is good. I didn't know until Rosie that Jerri's current play title refers to Lady Macbeth. Is that her role? That would be perfect. Two more apt quotes from Lady M:

"What hath quenched them hath given me fire. Hark!"

"What need we fear who knows it, when none can call our power to account?"

04-04-01, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Jerri Interview Spoiler?"
Bumping this up to other side of Skierdude post.
Does anyone know the rest (if any) of Jerri's media spots? Also, anyone participate in her Final Chat and find anything good? It's not up on CBS site yet.

AK has accurately outlined what Jerri said on Early Show. So if she did make this "slip" about Tina it was elsewhere than ES, Late Show, or Rosie. I hate articles that paraphrase and don't give quotes or sources.

LIZZLOVER 235 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-04-01, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LIZZLOVER Click to send private message to LIZZLOVER Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Jerri Interview Spoiler?"
Outfrontgirl - the only other Jerri media date is tomorrow on the Early Show AGAIN. She made a crack about Bryant Gumbel being on vacation while she was on the show, so they invited her back so Bryant can take his shots at her!!

Lizz Just Is

04-04-01, 03:59 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Jerri Interview Spoiler?"
Thanks, I'll be looking forward to the match up! So far, everyone but Rosie has kissed her ass and said she was actually a nice person. Rosie told her she was mean and bitchy but that was OK. I hope Bryant doesn't cave as well. I didn't hate Jerri as much as most people (because I thought she added entertainment) but her interviews show how completely self-centered she was and is. Still hoping for a juicy spoiler to slip out as she focuses on nothing but damage control to her image...

DivaByTheSea 175 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-04-01, 05:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DivaByTheSea Click to send private message to DivaByTheSea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Jerri Interview Spoiler?"

>
>Literary ref:
>"Out damned spot" is good.
>I didn't know until Rosie
>that Jerri's current play title
>refers to Lady Macbeth.
>Is that her role?
>That would be perfect.
>Two more apt quotes from
>Lady M:
>
>"What hath quenched them hath given
>me fire. Hark!"
>
>"What need we fear who knows
>it, when none can call
>our power to account?"

Jerri is in the show 'Lady Macbeth Gets a Divorce' in Bev Hills. She has the lead...which has nothing to do with Lady MacBeth. Her part is that of the young mistress of a soon-to-be divorcee's brother. She had an understudy to cover her last weekend, and she goes back to the show on Friday.#

**** Remember, the mighty oak was once just a crazy little nut that held its ground. ****

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-01, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Pouring gasoline on the fire...."
On her interview with Rich Hatch on etonline.com, Hatch asked Jerri who she (Jerri) would least likely have future contact with. I would interpret this question to essentially mean "Who do you hate most, Jerri?"

Jerri's answer was Keith. She said something about wishing she could sample a Keith Famie gourmet meal, but that they were just not compatible in personalities. Admittedly Jerri and Keith did not like each other, but Jerri did apologize to Keith (as we saw in the recap episode) and, quite frankly, Keith was a follower, not a leader in getting Jerri ousted. Also, Keith voted for Mitchell in the Mad Dog TC, not Jerri, and if Jerri didn't know that before, she could have logged onto survivor.cbs.com and seen it long before now!

Now the interesting thing to me about this, vis-a-vis all the discussion on this thread, is that if Jerri really hated Tina that much, why not say to Hatch that she wouldn't have contact with Tina OR say in the same breath that she wouldn't have contact with either Keith or Tina?

Also, Jerri doesn't mention Amber AT ALL, if I'm reading all this correctly. I cannot believe that if Jerri and Amber were still friends that Jerri wouldn't mention her, and if Jerri and Amber had had a falling out that Jerri wouldn't mention THAT! So I'm really suspecting that Amber is not being mentioned because MB has admonished the contestants not to discuss Amber or Lis (and IMHO that is because Amber and Lis are the Final Two. Who needs any Source Code Theory? )

Anyway, it's all gravy....

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

"If I were perfect, I'd run for God." -- Corporal Maxwell Q. Klinger, 4077th MASH

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-04-01, 10:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Pouring gasoline on the fire...."
Something else from that interview... although the tone was not real complementary of Tina... she did state that Tina played the game well (Colby too)... I didn't really read too much into that... but she did say it.

BTW - she interviewed on Howard Stern too... but since he spent most of the time trying to get her to take her clothes off it wasn't much of an interview... (she didn't in case your wondering... and for a $10,000 no less...)

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-05-01, 00:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Pouring gasoline on the fire...."
>BTW - she interviewed on Howard
>Stern too... but since he
>spent most of the time
>trying to get her to
>take her clothes off it
>wasn't much of an interview...
>(she didn't in case your
>wondering... and for a $10,000
>no less...)

...I was wondering if anyone else wasted 30 minutes listening to that crap besides me! Everytime he would bring up somehthing interesting like what she thought of Alicia or Lamber, the subject would immmediately shift to "taking off clothes" begging by Stern and his cohorts.

Complete waste of time.

04-05-01, 02:00 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Pouring gasoline on the fire...."
Thanks, S. Dawg for the pointer. I read the Hatch interview. Omission of Amber is striking. I agree that if they're still in touch, Jerri should have included her with Mitchell and Alicia. I question, though, the admonishment by Burnett theory? Why? Omissions where the public expects a reference would foreseeably raise Amber's profile rather than the reverse.

I also find it hard to imagine that Amber did something specific to offend Jerri later on in the game, other than possibly to stay in the game and WIN. I mean, this game was supposed to be about Jerri, and these interviews are about the great and wonderful Jerri, not little sidekicks who flew under the radar.

It's also possible that Amber made a good lapdog/ally but didn't really have the kind of sharp, snappy "hip" personality that Jerri prefers for company in the real world.

I'm struck in Jerri's interviews by her emphasis on personality: Jerri let personality conflicts and attractions affect the way she played the game. She seems to view the game as one arena, in which tactics are tactics, and this she can get over. As in-- Tina was a player, cause neither for endearment nor hate.

Keith, however, tried to impose his ways of managing daily life at the camp away from a control freak; his personality and hers have been proven incompatible, therefore, no future relationship (reminiscent of the Alicia/Kimmi bad feelings).

I'm trying to propose that, to Jerri, her present relationships are largely based on whether she really enjoys their company and thinks they have future interests in common, rather than on their game strategy. This is the person who announced at TC who her friends were, with no cautionary pause between brain and lip.

It's quite likely her response to Richard is just as genuine--
Mitchell and Alicia are the two she hangs out with. "Was there somebody else I should have thanked? Amber? Oh, yeah, we hung out and she was the only one who appreciated my chocolate fantasies, but she's young and doesn't hang out with media whores or aspire to a career in show business. Sorry, it's been awhile and she didn't pop into my mind. She's so Beaver, Pennsylvania and I'm so L.A/New York. (Besides which, she may have won even though it should have been me up there with Colby, so I haven't really felt like reaching out, ya know?)

That said, I'm thinking that Jerri and Amber didn't solidify their friendship by spending time together at the ranch. My theory is that Jerri and Alicia are the only two girls on the jury/at the ranch for at least two more episodes, probably three.

The Colby/Nick spoiler (whatever it's authenticity) seems to state that the pre-jury bootees stayed somewhere else (resort or travel). Thus, Jeff and Kimmi and Mitchell aren't with Alicia and Jerri, so the two bond.

This arrangement makes sense to me, as the jury would not be influenced by or confer with the earlier bootees, and the Burnett sense of hierarchy would be underscored by the sequestration. It would also mean that the jury would be all Barramundi and have far more opportunity to bond for individual reasons rather than former tribe membership, which might help break down tribal loyalties for the final vote.

(The theory of separation of early bootees and jury does fail to account for why Maralyn includes Rodger with her friends.) Does anyone have the straight story on whether the 2 groups stayed in separate facilities?

To Shakes: Yeah, sorry you had to waste your time. Stern's show seems to aim for and achieve unrelenting obnoxiousness along lines that might possibly entertain the lowest common denominator in junior high school at best.

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-05-01, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Pouring gasoline on the fire...."
Everyone keeps bringing up Jerri/Tina comments. . I remember the article where Tina and Mitchell went to Tina's duaghter's school and they asked about the other players. The article mentioned that Mitchell said soemthing about liking Jerri and Tina wrinkled her nose and stuck her tongue out in disgust. Could it mean Tina does not like JErri form their time on the show or does she influence the Jury at TC agianst Tina?

i do think Jerri's comments aboutbeign on the Jury and paybacks (from this mornings' Early show) tells me she is going after someone on her own team like Tina or Keith. But then it could be against Lis since she knows Lis was trying to save herself.

Tonight will be interesting!

04-05-01, 01:45 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Pouring gasoline on the fire...."
Wendy, I totally agree with all except I don't think it could be Lis. When Jerri voted for her, she called her the most likeable, etc. person she knew and was eliminating her as a threat only. No personal animosity, which Jerri never would have bothered to hide. Keith or Tina.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •