The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"American Idol Summary Schedule"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-18-05, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"American Idol Summary Schedule"
LAST EDITED ON 01-18-05 AT 04:43 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 01-18-05 AT 02:00 PM (EST)

Thanks to everyone who signed up for summaries. Since the show starts tonight, I wanted to give everyone a heads-up.

- Folks were in agreement that we didn't need to summarize the preliminary shows, so we'll start scheduling summaries for the semifinals and beyond.

- We're going to follow the Big Brother approach for this show and assign writers for a particular week instead of a per-episode basis. That way, you'll summarize the competition and the results. Otherwise, the poor folks stuck with results shows would just get a bunch of recrap.

- As always, unofficial summaries are welcome. As a courtesy to the assigned writers, if you write a summary for a week that's assigned to someone else, please let the official summary writer post theirs first.

The finals last 11 weeks, and there were 12 volunteers (including me), so I took myself out of the mix and assigned y'all weeks randomly. Then I scheduled the 3 semifinal rounds. I took one, since I'm not summarizing during the finals. DW expressed interest in writing more than 1, so I assigned him the first one. Besides, we need someone with a thick skin who can deal with new posters who don't understand our summary style. For the other, I hit the random number generator and it landed on strid333. If you don't want to do two strid, let me know, and I'll assign the semi to someone else.

I also tried to take your other summary writing commitments into consideration, but if I missed any and double-booked you, just let me know and we'll work it out.

So...here's the schedule. Please confirm your week(s). If you have a conflict, let me know, and we'll get you switched around.

Semifinals:

2/21 - Devious Weasel
2/28 - Strid333
3/7 - Bebo

Finals:

3/14 - StarryLuna
3/21 - Spidey
3/28 - ginger
4/4 - Gothmog
4/11 - strid333
4/18 - PhoenixMons
4/25 - aliciabbrown
5/2 - Devious Weasel
5/9 - anotherkim
5/16 - Drive My Car
5/23 - TeamJoisey

Bebo out!

ETA: This is the REAL schedule...the "revised" one is just my way of being EVIL.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: American Idol Summary Schedule Devious Weasel 01-18-05 1
   RE: American Idol Summary Schedule Bebo 01-18-05 2
       RE: American Idol Summary Schedule Devious Weasel 01-18-05 3
   RE: American Idol Summary Schedule Spidey 01-18-05 10
       RE: American Idol Summary Schedule Devious Weasel 01-18-05 11
 RE: American Idol Summary Schedule TeamJoisey 01-18-05 4
   RE: American Idol Summary Schedule ginger 01-18-05 5
   RE: American Idol Summary Schedule Devious Weasel 01-18-05 6
       RE: American Idol Summary Schedule TeamJoisey 01-18-05 13
 REVISED American Idol Summary Sche... Bebo 01-18-05 7
 RE: American Idol Summary Schedule StarryLuna 01-18-05 8
 RE: American Idol Summary Schedule Spidey 01-18-05 9
 Check PhoenixMons 01-18-05 12
 RE: American Idol Summary Schedule Gothmog 01-18-05 14
 RE: American Idol Summary Schedule strid333 01-18-05 15
 RE: American Idol Summary Schedule aliciabbrown 01-18-05 16
 RE: American Idol Summary Schedule anotherkim 01-18-05 17
   Question - strid and kim Bebo 01-18-05 18
       RE: Question - strid and kim strid333 01-18-05 19
 RE: American Idol Summary Schedule sittem 01-19-05 20
 RE: American Idol Summary Schedule samboohoo 01-19-05 21
 Bump and reminder Bebo 02-28-05 22
 Bump and Question strid333 04-13-05 23
   RE: Bump and Question Spidey 04-13-05 24
 Help! aliciabbrown 04-22-05 25
 RE: American Idol Summary Schedule aliciabbrown 04-25-05 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-05, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: American Idol Summary Schedule"
In on both. I've already been thinking we should do a "Intro To Summaries" for the newbies, so I'll incorporate that into my first post.

If I'm reading the AI schedule right, we who are doing the semis will have two competition shows and one results show to summarize, right? One competition on Monday, one competition on Tuesday, and results on Wednesday.

01-18-05, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: American Idol Summary Schedule"
>If I'm reading the AI schedule
>right, we who are doing
>the semis will have two
>competition shows and one results
>show to summarize, right?

That's right - equal opportunity bashing. You get a boy show, a girl show, and a results show.

I make this look good.

01-18-05, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: American Idol Summary Schedule"
Sweet!

No.

Supersweet...

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-05, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: American Idol Summary Schedule"
"Intro To Summaries" for the newbies

You do realize this is going to eliminate a good deal of my fun, don't you?

01-18-05, 05:03 PM (EST)
11. "RE: American Idol Summary Schedule"
Don't worry - I don't think it's going to take hold.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-18-05, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: American Idol Summary Schedule"

A finale for me!!!

You are too kind.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-05, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: American Idol Summary Schedule"
I just hope mine isn't Country/Western night. Because I pretty much just cover my ears and howl during that one.

THANKS, WEBBY/BEBO!

01-18-05, 04:35 PM (EST)
6. "RE: American Idol Summary Schedule"
I'd like to think we are the bookends of something great here, TJ.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-18-05, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: American Idol Summary Schedule"

I hope I'm half as funny as you.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

01-18-05, 04:43 PM (EST)
7. "REVISED American Idol Summary Schedule"
Semifinals:

2/21 - Estee
2/28 - Estee
3/7 - Estee

Finals:

3/14 - Estee
3/21 - Estee
3/28 - Estee
4/4 - Estee
4/11 - Estee
4/18 - Estee
4/25 - Estee
5/2 - Estee
5/9 - Estee
5/16 - Estee
5/23 - Estee

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-18-05, 04:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: American Idol Summary Schedule"
Sweet - I get to recap the first final "booting!" Love it!

Bounciness provided by IceCat

01-18-05, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: American Idol Summary Schedule"
Confirming my 3/21 assignment.

Glad I get to go when there will still a lot of bad singers and dressers in the lot.

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-18-05, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Check"
How funny - 4/18 is dh's birthday. Anyway, this date works out perfectly. I had forgotten that I'll be out of town in May for my sister's wedding - so this one is just right.

YAY! Oh and if strid doesn't want to do two, I wouldn't mind doing strid's semi-final episode

Gothmog 2886 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-18-05, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Gothmog Click to send private message to Gothmog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: American Idol Summary Schedule"
4/4 works for me, although I'm squeezed between two of RTVW's finest.

*sigh* such pressure....

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-05, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: American Idol Summary Schedule"
I don't think it should be too much of a problem doing two weeks. The only "issue" is that if episode weeks start doing silly things and my second week gets pushed back a week, I'll be writing a final exam that week. So, as it is, everything is fine here.

Three is the perfect number.

aliciabbrown 110 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-18-05, 06:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aliciabbrown Click to send private message to aliciabbrown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: American Idol Summary Schedule"
Works for me, thanks.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-05, 08:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: American Idol Summary Schedule"
I am accepting with the caveat that my school schedule can sometimes blow up in May and I might have to do some switcherooing come closer to May.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--May will obviously be the month of champions in more ways than one.

01-18-05, 10:15 PM (EST)
18. "Question - strid and kim"
Since you're both concerned about possible school conflicts, do you want to switch your finals rounds?

I make this look good.

01-18-05, 11:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Question - strid and kim"
Hey, if AKim is willing to switch, I'm game.

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-19-05, 00:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: American Idol Summary Schedule"
Nuts - I was thinking lately that I should finally do a summary and was going to ask for one here.

I suppose I'd actually have to watch the show then, however.

Never mind.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-05, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: American Idol Summary Schedule"
"DW expressed interest in writing more than 1, so I assigned him the first one."

Since I see "DW" as "Dear Wife," I just want to tell you that for a brief moment my head exploded!

Good luck everyone, can't wait to read 'em.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

02-28-05, 05:07 PM (EST)
22. "Bump and reminder"
Now that summary season is in full swing, I wanted to remind people what they signed up to do.

Time for a Pop Quiz!

1. When is your summary due?

a. The sooner, the better. Preferably within 48 hours after the show airs, definitely within 100 hours.
b. Three weeks after the show airs.
c. There's a due date?

2. What do you do if you are unable to complete a summary as scheduled?

a. Contact the blue peeps ASAP (preferably, the one who is handling the schedule for that show) and let them know.
b. See if one of my online buds can bail my backside out.
c. Keep my mouth shut and hope nobody notices.

The answer to both questions is a. If you don't think you can work within those parameters, please let me know now (via email or PM) so that I can find a replacement. Thanks.

04-13-05, 04:13 PM (EST)
23. "Bump and Question"
Is this week my week? I can do it, but I just need to know.

04-13-05, 04:28 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Bump and Question"
Is this week my week?

Sure looks like it to me.

Looking forward to reading it!

04-22-05, 08:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aliciabbrown Click to send private message to aliciabbrown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Help!"
Bebo & everyone scheduled after me:

I had a major catastrophe this week - my computer died and it will take me at least another week or two to replace it. I can still check the boards at work but I don't think my employer would go for me writing the whole summary here.

I'm up next week - is there any way I could swap for a later episode? I apologize for any inconvenience this causes anyone but I want to make sure I can get my summary done.

Thanks for your help.

04-25-05, 07:54 AM (EST)
26. "RE: American Idol Summary Schedule"
bump

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •