Week seven performances have come and gone. Have your feelings of admiration for some or loathing for others been changed? Time to fess up. Who are you diggin’ and whom would like to help show the door too?
1. Ty Taylor (5,7,3,7,3,6) – Now that was fun! I really enjoyed watching and listening to his version of Proud Mary. Absolutely nailed it. If he remains in the bottom three like the early results said, will be a complete travesty. Not saying Ty is right for INXS, but that was a show. Loved it and congrats to Ty for earning this number one love list ranking.
2. J.D. Fortune (13,3,7,2,7,7) – Totally rocked it out and was actually pleasant in the Sunday reality show for a change. Still think he’s a snake but the roller coaster ride that is JD is going up the tracks this week.
3. Suzie McNeil (14,8,12,8,6,4) – Another solid performance from the Suzie Q. The whining and drama queen stuff from the reality show did kind of turn me off however.
4. Mig Ayesa (12,11,4,3,5,2) – To bad he didn’t have more time to work on the original because there were some elements that I really liked but also really hated. Couple of cringe moments in there. Song really was all over the place and did need some cohesiveness. Maybe a little more time and a band of 40 something’s from the 80’s would have been helpful.
5. Deanna Johnston (3,6,8,9,8,5) – So not right for INXS. Get ready for the bottom three yet again. Liked her original slightly more then Migs but he gets a higher ranking for doing it on his own.
6. Marty Casey (6,4,2,4,1,3) – Yikes, not a good week for Marty. I so want Jordis, Mig, and Marty in the final three but my hometown kid took a hit tonight. Wasn’t the shoeless thing already done by Brandon and how did it work out for him? Like with Ty doing Maggie May last week, all I could think of was the original and how much better it was. Manic Marty was back and at this stage of the game, may not be a good thing to revert back to old ways.
7. Jordis Unga (2,1,1,1,2,1) – Thank god she wont be replacing Steven Tyler. Wow that was awful. Kills me to give Jordis bottom dweller status, but it’s so deserved. Guess the only question left to be answered is will her legion of fans (me included) be enough to save from the bottom three. Love the girl but a wake-up call may be in order, won't be voting for her for the first time. Still shaking my head at how bad that was. With all that bashing said, in the big picture, there is no way Jordis should be going home before Deanna. No way, will be shocked if it happens.
Booted: Jessica Robinson (9,13,10,10,9,8) – Will be missing those belly shirts but her ouster was a little overdue. Still don’t think she is better than Tara or Heather, hotter yes, but not as talented. She’s a thousand times more talented than a dreamer in the shower, but I don’t see her as much more then a bar room singer.
As always … I showed you mine, now you show me yours.