The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TARGAY JOURNAL - WEEK FOUR"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-24-02, 08:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TARGAY JOURNAL - WEEK FOUR"
TARGAY Journal, Week Four
By Larry Johnson

By popular request, this is my SHORT weekly column on The Amazing Race, reminiscent of my critically-lauded series entitled Gay Survivor Journal. It will be posted here every Thursday, and is a Basherboard exclusive!

FASHION CITATION
As Aaron said to Arienne: “Ian defines Ugly American. That guy is a pig!” I couldn’t have said it better myself! This weeks Citation goes to ‘Ugly American Pig’ Ian and Teri, who displayed themselves too prominently in lemon yellow pullovers. Very few people can wear this shade well, and Teri and Ian are without doubt not among those people. I would also like to add extra deductions for Ian’s big floppy back-flapped safari hat. This sort of hat would really only be acceptable on Jeff Corwin (and only if he was shirtless and holding a snake.)

LOOK OF THE WEEK
John Vito and Jill ‘sported’ matching long sleeved jersey shirts (hers was fuchsia and pink, his was navy and sky blue) accentuating their physiques, without being showy or ostentatious.

CULTURAL AWARENESS MOMENT OF THE WEEK
As Ian was greeted at the Torre de Belem by a (handsome!) traditionally-attired Portuguese sailor, he replied: “God Bless America!”

RUNNER UP DIVAS OF THE WEEK
Derek and Drew displayed their masculine sides this week, easily rowing the boat during the detour, and then hauling the barrel of wine to the restaurant without breaking a sweat.

UNINTENTIONALLY FUNNY QUOTE OF THE WEEK
Derek’s comment to Drew: ‘You manhandled that thing!’ (Can these guys GET any more homo-erotic?)

QUOTE OF THE WEEK
This week’s most embarrassing quote comes from Ian, as he realized he and his servant/wife had caught up to the other teams: “Now we’re no longer bringing up the rear end. We’re in the pack. Maybe we can let someone else smell some rear end for a while.” Talk about carrying the metaphor one step too far! As Arienne said to Aaron (as they realized Ian and Teri were neck and neck with them) “Eeew!”

DIVA OF THE WEEK
On their way out the door, Heather and Eve displayed true Diva behavior. ##### the rules! Walking is sooo pedestrian! Call us a cab!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - WEEK FOUR Schnookie Palookie 10-24-02 1
 Wonderful SaphireLady 10-24-02 2
 RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - WEEK FOUR AUJoey 10-24-02 3
   RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - WEEK FOUR TODDLJ 10-25-02 6
 RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - WEEK FOUR GTmike 10-24-02 4
 RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - WEEK FOUR moonbaby 10-24-02 5
 RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - WEEK FOUR Red Lady 10-25-02 7
   RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - WEEK FOUR Esbea 10-25-02 8
 RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - WEEK FOUR lionsroar 10-25-02 9
 RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - WEEK FOUR OceanSkater 10-26-02 10
 RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - WEEK FOUR L82LIFE 10-28-02 11
 RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - WEEK FOUR AMAI 10-29-02 12
 RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - WEEK FOUR katem 10-29-02 13
 RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - WEEK FOUR Efjendar 10-30-02 14
   RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - WEEK FOUR TODDLJ 10-30-02 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-24-02, 09:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - WEEK FOUR"
CULTURAL AWARENESS MOMENT OF THE WEEK
As Ian was greeted at the Torre de Belem by a (handsome!) traditionally-attired Portuguese sailor, he replied: “God Bless America!”

I'm glad someone else caught this one.

QUOTE OF THE WEEK
This week’s most embarrassing quote comes from Ian, as he realized he and his servant/wife had caught up to the other teams: “Now we’re no longer bringing up the rear end. We’re in the pack. Maybe we can let someone else smell some rear end for a while.” Talk about carrying the metaphor one step too far! As Arienne said to Aaron (as they realized Ian and Teri were neck and neck with them) “Eeew!”

LMAO

Thanks for your hilarious journals

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-24-02, 09:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Wonderful"
Once again, perfection!!!!!!!!!!!

AUJoey 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-24-02, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AUJoey Click to send private message to AUJoey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - WEEK FOUR"
>UNINTENTIONALLY FUNNY QUOTE OF THE WEEK
>
>Derek’s comment to Drew: ‘You manhandled
>that thing!’
(Can these guys
>GET any more homo-erotic?)
>
Thank you!!! I was beginning to think I was the only one who noticed this! I posted nearly the same thought in another thread.

Great job, Larry. Glad to see someone else notice the cutie pie portuguese sailor and JV's attractive attire. I love your comments...if you ever need someone to fill in, let me know!

10-25-02, 01:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - WEEK FOUR"
Thanks AUJoey. I saw your other post, wow, we must have some mind-link. (Great minds think alike.)

First the pole, now the manhandling, I really think some gay editor at CBS is leaving these double-entendres in on purpose. Let's keep looking for them!

(I'll be sure to contact you if I need a fill-in... you and I seem to agree on things.)

GTmike 1255 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-24-02, 10:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GTmike Click to send private message to GTmike Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - WEEK FOUR"
>DIVA OF THE WEEK On their way out the door, Heather and Eve displayed true Diva behavior. ##### the rules! Walking is sooo pedestrian! Call us a cab!

Don't forget, they also said #### the car after wrecking it!!

Another great job. I'm sorry that it has to be so short, but I am grateful that it is here every week!!!! Thank you!!!

You always keep me laughing.

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-02, 11:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - WEEK FOUR"
Was there something after "Jeff Corwin shirtless holding a snake?" *fans self* Love it Larry! You are the best!

Red Lady 2010 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-25-02, 04:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Red%20Lady Click to send private message to Red%20Lady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - WEEK FOUR"
"As Ian was greeted at the Torre de Belem by a (handsome!) traditionally-attired Portuguese sailor..."

OMH Larry! That is just what I thought...*swoon* so handsome!
Did you check out his luscious lashes?

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings

10-25-02, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - WEEK FOUR"
I thought he had caterpillars crawling across his face..but when I slow-mo-ed the tape..it was just his eyebrows....

FABULOUS JOURNAL LARRY!!!!!

"The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, youre still a rat"

lionsroar 157 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-25-02, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lionsroar Click to send private message to lionsroar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - WEEK FOUR"
We are so lucky to have Larry hang around our message boards and allow us an exclusive article! Smell our rear end for awhile SurvivorSucks!!

OceanSkater 315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-26-02, 06:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OceanSkater Click to send private message to OceanSkater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - WEEK FOUR"
LMAO!

You slay me!

"I'm your biggest fan"

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-02, 06:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - WEEK FOUR"
Larry, I can't imagine how we got through the last two seasons without you. Thank goodness we have you here now. LMAO-again!

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-29-02, 08:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - WEEK FOUR"
Thanks for your Journal, Todd. I've been following along every week. Apologies for being so tardy with "thankyous!" It's a great angle you've taken here.

Now, do you guys have any doubt why I call them The Terriers? We’re in the pack. Maybe we can let someone else smell some rear end for a while.”

Cheers. Keep up the good work!

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-29-02, 09:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - WEEK FOUR"
Great journal Larry. Loved the quote from the Twinbots and the Diva's of the week

(c) 2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Efjendar 284 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-30-02, 03:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Efjendar Click to send private message to Efjendar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - WEEK FOUR"
I've been reading the Targay faithfully, Larry, but one thing is bugging me. How can you let Aaron get away with wearing culottes and not dissing him? Its bad enough that women are wearing them but when did men start wearing them out in public? Good lord, I thought Aaron at least had fashion sense if not any other sense.

10-30-02, 08:33 PM (EST)
15. "RE: TARGAY JOURNAL - WEEK FOUR"
Efjendar: Welcome to my entourage!

I'll keep my eyes open for the man-capris, they are certainly a faux-pas in my book!

Thanks to my regular 'peeps:' katem, AMAI, L82LIFE, OceanSkater (my biggest fan), Lionsroar, Esbea (who, no doubt, has waxed eyebrows), Red Lady, moonbaby, GTMike, AUJoey (my protege), SaphireLady, and Schnookie Palookie.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •