The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Idol will adjust its winning formula for this season"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-04-05, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Idol will adjust its winning formula for this season"
The producers are doing some fine tuning of the show to increase ratings. Are these moves a good idea.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=680&e=14&u=/usatoday/20050103/en_usatoday/idolwilladjustitswinningformula

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Idol will adjust its winning fo... ginger 01-04-05 1
   RE: Idol will adjust its winning fo... seahorse 01-05-05 5
 RE: Idol will adjust its winning fo... consise10 01-04-05 2
 RE: Idol will adjust its winning fo... Devious Weasel 01-05-05 3
   RE: Idol will adjust its winning fo... callalilly3000 01-05-05 4
   RE: Idol will adjust its winning fo... seahorse 01-05-05 6
       RE: Idol will adjust its winning fo... Spidey 01-06-05 7
           RE: Idol will adjust its winning fo... seahorse 01-06-05 8
               RE: Idol will adjust its winning fo... pmspml5 01-06-05 9
                   Or? callalilly3000 01-06-05 10
                       RE: Or? seahorse 01-07-05 11
           RE: Idol will adjust its winning fo... consise10 01-07-05 12
               RE: Idol will adjust its winning fo... newsomewayne 01-07-05 13
                   RE: Idol will adjust its winning fo... consise10 01-08-05 16
               RE: Idol will adjust its winning fo... Spidey 01-07-05 14
                   RE: Idol will adjust its winning fo... consise10 01-08-05 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

01-04-05, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Idol will adjust its winning formula for this season"
Most of these changes make sense. I am relieved there is no prerequisite nudity or yodelling.

LL, WHAT are you thinking?

01-05-05, 09:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Idol will adjust its winning formula for this season"
You mean you wouldn't want to see another Ruben in the nude.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

consise10 399 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-04-05, 08:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail consise10 Click to send private message to consise10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Idol will adjust its winning formula for this season"
Hello seahorse.Thanks for your post.Having just read the link,I think the proposed changes are alright.Time will only tell if they are a great winner.I especially like the one about the producers raising the age limit by four years from 24 to 28.I think you`ll get alot more serious talent and experienced singers..Who knows?Time will tell..

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

01-05-05, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Idol will adjust its winning formula for this season"
I like the changes, but without changing the voting system, have they really accomplished anything?

callalilly3000 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-05-05, 08:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail callalilly3000 Click to send private message to callalilly3000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Idol will adjust its winning formula for this season"
I agree with you Devious Weasel. The changes are fine, but what about the voting? Isn't the voting system the one the thing that causes problems every season?

Slice and Dice Shop 2004

01-05-05, 09:25 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Idol will adjust its winning formula for this season"
LAST EDITED ON 01-06-05 AT 03:40 PM (EST)

The main thing that should be done is to raise the voting time limit to at least 12 hours especially late in the season.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

01-06-05, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Idol will adjust its winning formula for this season"
The main thing that should be done is to raise the voting limit to at least 12 hours

I think the main thing that shold be done is to raise the voting AGE to at least 12 years old.

Seahorse & Spidey: Common ground in the AI forum.

01-06-05, 03:03 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Idol will adjust its winning formula for this season"
There is no way that is going to happen.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-06-05, 06:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Idol will adjust its winning formula for this season"
Actually - I think there is no way to perfect the voting. If you vote for who you want to leave - all the teeny boppers will vote for the best talented person because that is who will be the biggest challenge. The only voting change I would like to see is a maximum number of calls.

callalilly3000 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-06-05, 07:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail callalilly3000 Click to send private message to callalilly3000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Or?"

They could charge for voting. Lets say......50 cents per vote.

That would cut down on alot of the power voting.

Just saying.

Slice and Dice Shop 2004

01-07-05, 01:07 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Or?"
But that would skew the voting to the more well to do and away from poorer minorities.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

01-07-05, 01:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail consise10 Click to send private message to consise10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Idol will adjust its winning formula for this season"
I do hope that`s a joke spidey !

newsomewayne 9353 desperate attention whore postings

01-07-05, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Idol will adjust its winning formula for this season"
It probably is, but in one of those "it's funny 'cause it's so true" ways.

Actually, I would change the voting so you had to pass one of those Jay Leno "jay-walking" quizzes before your vote could count. Can't tell me who the Vice President is. Too bad, Diana diGarmo doesn't move on. Don't know what the largest country on North America is. Sorry, Fantasia doesn't get your vote tonight.

Tell me what you need, and I'll tell you how to get along without it.

01-08-05, 01:07 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Idol will adjust its winning formula for this season"
Interesting idea newsomewayne.It might distinguish the intellect levels of the voters,and then create some unnessecary conflicts.What do you reckon newsomewayne?

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

01-07-05, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Idol will adjust its winning formula for this season"
It was a joke, but just out of curiosity, why would you hope so?

Disparaging the youth of America ever since I was no longer one of them...

01-08-05, 01:04 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Idol will adjust its winning formula for this season"
Thought you were being funny,but wasn`t sure Spidey,that`s all.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •