The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Can We Have AI Episode Summaries?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-28-04, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Can We Have AI Episode Summaries?"
Can we can we can we can we? Please?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
   RE: Sign up here if you're interest... Devious Weasel 12-29-04 2
   RE: Sign up here if you're interest... aliciabbrown 12-29-04 4
 RE: Can We Have AI Episode Summarie... strid333 12-29-04 3
   Excellent Question! Bebo 12-30-04 5
       RE: Excellent Question! Devious Weasel 12-30-04 6
           RE: Excellent Question! greenmonstah 12-30-04 7
               RE: Excellent Question! Drive My Car 12-30-04 8
               RE: Excellent Question! Captain_Savem 12-30-04 9
               RE: Excellent Question! anotherkim 12-30-04 13
 RE: Can We Have AI Episode Summarie... Drive My Car 12-30-04 10
 RE: Can We Have AI Episode Summarie... Spidey 12-30-04 11
   RE: Can We Have AI Episode Summarie... Drive My Car 12-31-04 14
 Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! anotherkim 12-30-04 12
   RE: Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... Drive My Car 12-31-04 15
 RE: Can We Have AI Episode Summarie... Estee 12-31-04 16
   RE: Can We Have AI Episode Summarie... consise10 01-01-05 22
 I'll take one! StarryLuna 12-31-04 17
 Me too! PhoenixMons 12-31-04 18
 Signups on Other Reality Shows foru... Bebo 12-31-04 19
   RE: Signups on Other Reality Shows ... ginger 12-31-04 20
 Me TeamJoisey 12-31-04 21
 RE: Can We Have AI Episode Summarie... grit 01-03-05 23
   RE: Can We Have AI Episode Summarie... consise10 01-04-05 24
       RE: Can We Have AI Episode Summarie... Bebo 01-04-05 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

12-28-04, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Sign up here if you're interested"
...in writing, that is, not reading. If we've got enough folks willing to do it, I'll set up a summary schedule.

You know the difference between you and me? I make this look good.

12-29-04, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Sign up here if you're interested"
You know I'm in.

I'm thinking we should wait until the actual competition starts, though, and not summarize the early stuff.

aliciabbrown 110 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-29-04, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aliciabbrown Click to send private message to aliciabbrown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Sign up here if you're interested"
Count me in. Early in the month is better for me since we get really busy at work at the end of the month. I'm doing one for My Big Fat Obnoxious Boss on 1/30 (was supposed to be 1/2 but got delayed) and have signed up for The Apprentice. Other than that, I'm pretty flexible.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-29-04, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Can We Have AI Episode Summaries?"
I am interested but I have a couple questions (and it also depends on if they will air the 4th version in Canada). Will we do each episode or will we go by week?

I'm thinking Big Brother. I did a week worth of summaries in BB4 (true, I did split it into 3 episodes while most other summary writers wrote one big summary for the whole week) but in BB5 we went by individual episodes (true, I did still write 3 summaries but they were spread over the summer).

Are you planning on having a performance show/result show summary or two summaries (or heaven forbid three when Fox decides to do creative networking) in a week with two summary writers.

I think, given a choice, I would rather go the BB5 way than the BB4 way.

I saw three ships come sailing in.

12-30-04, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Excellent Question!"
I think you're right, that it would be better to assign a week. Given how much recrap is in the results show, it makes more sense to have a writer take on the performance and results shows in the same summary.

12-30-04, 03:37 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Excellent Question!"
I vote for a week. I also vote that we don't start until the competition begins.

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings

12-30-04, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Excellent Question!"
LAST EDITED ON 12-30-04 AT 04:02 PM (EST)

And I vote that whenever you say the word "competition" you have to say with a british accent.

Just like Simon.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

12-30-04, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Excellent Question!"

The little green one? She's right!

Captain_Savem 3731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-30-04, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Captain_Savem Click to send private message to Captain_Savem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Excellent Question!"
*Drive-By Smooch*

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

12-30-04, 08:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Excellent Question!"

and you must use the word wretched. Said with an accent, of course.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--hi, Gus!!!!

12-30-04, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Can We Have AI Episode Summaries?"
Okay I'm in.
But it's only because I am weak due to post holiday depression.
( That and I think I have a sugar buzz)

I'll go whenever you need me Bebo, but I'd perfer to be a few weeks in so I can get a feel for who is who, but whatever is good for the masses.

It's Dweezils fault, he made me come in here.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

12-30-04, 05:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Can We Have AI Episode Summaries?"
I have never done a summary before, because I am intimidated by the genius that apparently inherent in SB summary writers, but I really love mocking the wannabe idols, so I'll give it a go if you need me.

Plus, I can never pass up the opportunity to open myself up to accusations of racism, sexism, deafness, poor taste and insensitivity.

12-31-04, 01:34 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Can We Have AI Episode Summaries?"

I vote for Spidey!
If she's in, I'm in!

( oh wait, I was already in, nevermind that last part)

I'm just thinking that a Spidey summary could be greatness. No pressure.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

12-30-04, 08:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"
I mean, if you can't find anyone else to do it and all.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--agree that we should go by week. It gets too darn confusing going by episode, IMO.

12-31-04, 01:37 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"
Kimmah too!?
Oh, I am so not worthy!

Oh good, I won't get the first ep

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

12-31-04, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Can We Have AI Episode Summaries?"
Not only no, but hell no.

(This summary position posted to create an official record in case of Beboing.)

consise10 399 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-01-05, 10:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail consise10 Click to send private message to consise10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Can We Have AI Episode Summaries?"
Certainly not short of volunteers.There`s plenty of expression of interest.

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

12-31-04, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "I'll take one!"
I already posted in the sign-up thread over on the Other Shows forum, but I'll sign up here too, just to cover all my bases. This is going to be fun!!

Bounciness provided by IceCat

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings

12-31-04, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Me too!"
Like Spidey, I have never ventured into the world of summary-writing. But I'd really love to start with AI.

I'll take whatever's available! Whoo hoo!

12-31-04, 12:22 PM (EST)
19. "Signups on Other Reality Shows forum"
Webby is taking signups here for a number of reality shows, including AI4:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID17/1121.shtml

If you have expressed interest in this thread, I have noted it on that one. Anyone else interested in writing summaries should sign up over there.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

12-31-04, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Signups on Other Reality Shows forum"
I would lvoe to summarize the wonder that is American Idol.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-31-04, 08:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Me"
I promise to warble as well as any of the contestants.

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings

01-03-05, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Can We Have AI Episode Summaries?"
I would love to write a summary.

However, we get waaaayyy too many people on this forum who just wouldn't "get it" and I don't own any flame-retardant clothing.

To quote Estee, "No. Hell no."

Handcrafted by RollDdice

consise10 399 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-04-05, 02:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail consise10 Click to send private message to consise10 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Can We Have AI Episode Summaries?"
You are so funny grit!How do you go about choosing who will eventually write these summaries? You already have a ton of interest in it

01-04-05, 08:54 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Can We Have AI Episode Summaries?"
The Big Kahuna of the site (aka Webby) is taking requests for summary writers on our Other Reality Shows forum, and I've posted the list from here on the signup thread. Webby's going to look at the lists of volunteers for all of the winter shows and coordinate schedules to try and get the best coverage possible without overwhelming a writer. Typically, we try to avoid having someone write more than 1 summary a week unless they really, really want to.

For some of the more popular shows, there are certain prerequisites that must be met. For Survivor and The Amazing Race, you have to summarize at least one other show before you can make the official summary list for those shows, because so many people want to sign up for those.

Webby's still looking for volunteers, so please folks, head over to the Other Reality Shows forum and throw your hat into the ring if you're interested.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •